World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations
2 PM | Z'rin

Z'rin
of Blue Varralath

Date of Birth
08.10.712, 32
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Z’rin awoke thanks to his dragon nudging him into consciousness to inform him that his daughter had just left and his lover was probably going to starve to death in their dusty and neglected weyr. He was sorely tempted to stay in bed anyway-- N’mor knew his way to the dining cavern—but he found himself rolling to his feet and slipping on pants even though Zararin had left. A shirt was added after a moment’s hesitation, not because it was cold, but because he still had some insecurities about the scars he now bore. He had yet to look at them himself, which likely didn’t help how he decided they would look to everyone else, so covering up when he could was the way to go. Not that N’mor hadn’t seen them over and over and even his daughter had seen them now. He should have expected her reluctance to sleep on the sofa after the Hatching they had witnessed but it still surprised him when it came minutes after he had slipped into bed, thankfully wearing underwear at least, but not his shirt and he was too tired to think about covering up. If she hadn’t seen his back before, she likely had that morning.

He watched N’mor for a moment, wondering what was on the bronzerider’s mind so soon after waking, but perhaps he was just weighing his options for food. Slipping up behind him and sliding his arms around N’mor, Z’rin gave a happy little moan at the greeting, and then nodded. “Varralath told me. Hope she wasn’t too much trouble without me to rope her in.” He doubted she was. Zararin seemed to have a crush on N’mor and probably still showed a bit of her usual sass but was otherwise well-behaved. After all, she did get N’mor to carry her home after the Hatching despite her getting to be too big for such things. Z’rin let it slide given what they had all been through and because as much as he wanted to hold her close and cart her away from it all, he couldn’t. His leg was still healing and he was hobbling with a cane; a cane that was currently still resting against the dresser in the bedroom. His weyr was small and he knew he wasn’t going to be walking all that much, so it was fine where it was for the time being.

When N’mor turned in his arms, a look of contemplation quickly fading into something he couldn’t quite describe, Z’rin knew he wasn’t about to get in trouble for ignoring the Healer’s orders to have the cane with him at all times. This was something else, and when the words came out, Z’rin wouldn’t have expected them, even if he had been given time to think on anything more than receiving a scolding. Go back to Ista? Of course, just because he was back home didn’t mean he’d never go back to the island he had been trapped on for weeks. He had enjoyed himself and would visit frequently, especially since things hadn’t changed since the bath that left him worried nearly a month earlier.

He truly didn’t consider any other meaning to N’mor’s words, given their relationship but when N’mor said he would move to Telgar, Z’rin froze as the meaning behind the first statement sank in. Did N’mor just ask him to move in with him? As mates? No, that was far more serious than they had ever even accidentally played at. As a convenient warm body within reach for sex? No, that was just being rude and thinking poorly of N’mor. Maybe, in the early days, he could see something like that. After all, beyond a couple of awkward times they hung out together, they really only did end up together for sex. Yet as more time passed, the more Z’rin felt a connection and it only took him nearly dying to bring them closer together as friends.

So what did moving in together really mean?

Again, before he could speak or really even show more emotion other than confusion at having such a conversation so soon after waking, N’mor was filling the silence again. This time, Z’rin managed to furrow his brows further in confusion before his features relaxed into a smile. It really wasn’t the time for a smile, was it? It was a warm one though, not a mocking one, so he felt it was okay. “Silly bronzerider,” he mumbled, gently teasing the man that always had a quip about blueriders, one of which often involving how silly they were.

Relief flooded through Z’rin as the full weight of the situation really hit him and he couldn’t stop the bit of laughter. If he was worried about what smiling would show, he probably should have tried to avoid laughing but Z’rin was quick to press a finger to N’mor’s lips to give him a moment to talk. “I have spent our entire relationship doing my best to not fall for you, knowing you’d lose interest at any moment and ditch me and I convinced myself I was fine with that, that it would be mutual. Unfortunately, you’re kind of irresistible and showed me when I was injured how caring you are. Your visits kept me going, N’mor. You made me feel special and I… I forgot I wasn’t supposed to want you so much and knew I was going to end up hurt.”

Both arms were back around N’mor’s waists and hands gripped a little tighter, in case his confession scared him away when he realised he was getting more than he bargained for. “Then that day in the bath, my first day working on the leg… well, I’ve spent the last few weeks waiting for you to kick me out and move on.” He knew he wasn’t much of a prize, even when he was whole. He was a bit quiet, had a quirky sense of humour, and he felt people would be justified in calling him boring, if they did. To hear N’mor imply that none of that mattered to him was pretty mind-blowing but Z’rin knew he was still blabbering on and on, tossing out his feelings when all he needed to say he hadn’t really even said.

Suddenly embarrassed by his words, Z’rin chuckled, took a breath, and then found the words he really wanted to say, “if you’re sure you really want me around all the time, I’d like to be. And your weyr is better furnished and clean. Doing anything with this place would be so much work, so packing up and moving in with you would be a lot easier,” he grinned, showing he was teasing about his reason for wanting to move in with N’mor, but his hands moved from hips to his lover’s face, cupping it gently to keep their gazes locked.

“I want more, N’mor. I’m always happiest when I’m with you and I want to see what we can be together, truly together. I want to live with you. I’ll go back to Ista with you and stay as long as you want me to. Getting through the paperwork for the transfer alone should be enough to show you my feelings.” He gave his goofy grin, giving his heartfelt confession a bit of a Z’rin twist with his teasing, but he was still afraid N’mor would suddenly laugh and toss him aside as if it was all a joke to harass the bluerider and cruelly toss him aside. So he didn’t make any other move, ignoring the urge to throw them to the ground and consummate their new step in the relationship.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by N'mor - 25.Oct.18, 06:46 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by Z'rin - 26.Oct.18, 01:12 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by N'mor - 26.Oct.18, 07:26 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by Z'rin - 26.Oct.18, 02:07 PM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by N'mor - 27.Oct.18, 02:34 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by Z'rin - 27.Oct.18, 05:47 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by N'mor - 27.Oct.18, 06:29 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by Z'rin - 27.Oct.18, 07:00 AM
RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - by N'mor - 27.Oct.18, 07:59 AM