World of Pern
[G] [C] 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - Printable Version

+- World of Pern (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Telgar Weyr Boundaries (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Forum: Telgar Weyr (https://pern.second-pass.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=118)
+--- Thread: [G] [C] 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations (/showthread.php?tid=4279)

739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - N'mor - 25.Oct.18

N’mor woke slowly; lazily comfortable. He knew he wasn’t in his bed, because there was that subtle difference that he just knew, but the warm body tangled with his easily told his sleep foggy mind that he was at Z’rin’s, and N’mor rolled over lazily, wrapping his arm around Z’rin and nuzzling against his neck as his eyes flickered open and he blinked with a yawn. Faranth, what time was it? Late afternoon, his dragon put in with his own lazy yawn. Most of the Weyr is still asleep. This one is not, though, and N’mor got the image of a little girl chatting cheerfully to the two dragons. Amused, N’mor realised that explained why he was still wearing underpants.

Gently untangling himself from a still sleeping Z’rin, N’mor pressed a tender kiss to the bluerider’s forehead and slid out of bed. Glancing around, he found his pants and was in the process of pulling them on when a little face appeared in the doorway. N’mor stuck his tongue out at Z’rin’s daughter, who stifled a giggle as she vanished out of sight once more. Clasping his pants, N’mor padded out of the bedroom to find the young girl waiting in the main area. “I thought you were going back to your mother’s?” he asked, making his way into the kitchen to poke around looking for food. Her remark about she was, but had to wake up first, was met with an amused snort. “Sassy child,” N’mor chided, closing the last cupboard in disgust. There was nothing in any of them… or at least, nothing edible anyway. Fair, considering Z’rin had been living in Ista for what… N’mor blinked when he realised it had been months. Months?!

Well, shit.

N’mor smiled distractedly when Zararin came over to give him a hug before darting out to the ledge, where Rhezalth confirmed she was being picked up by a dragon. Probably her mother’s partner or a friend; N’mor didn’t really care, honestly, and he was rather focused on staring blankly towards the ledge as he did the math about how long he and Z’rin had been living together. The fires had been at the end of month seven, and it was the start of month ten… so some two and a half months. Give or take because Z’rin had been kept in that awful room until he was well enough that N’mor had taken him up to his weyr (constantly reassuring the bluerider it was no trouble. Silly bluerider.).

N’mor’s eyebrows were still furrowed when he felt arms slide around his waist, and he leaned back against Z’rin, a smile easing his features. “Morning,” he teased, turning his head enough to press a kiss to Z’rin’s lips. “Zararin left on dragonback a few minutes ago,” he added, wondering if Z’rin even remembered that his daughter had ended up staying the night, since the bluerider had been pretty out of it when N’mor had carried the girl home. Then again, N’mor knew he’d barely been awake himself. Point in fact since N’mor hadn’t even remembered the girl was there until Rhezalth had told him! Of course, the spunky child wasn’t his child. Maybe parenthood did something to the memory?

Turning around in Z’rin’s arms, N’mor studied the bluerider’s face for several long moments before finally speaking, his voice low and eyebrows pulled together, expression open and honest and not at all his usual confident arrogance. “Will you come back to Ista?” He knew what he was asking, and certainly was aware of several of the ways it could be interpreted. He’d barely given Z’rin time to process the words, let alone respond, when he quietly added, “Or I could move here?” He didn’t really want to; that was far too close to his father to make N’mor comfortable and B’jin was far too much of a snoop. But he would, and he certainly could, if Z’rin would prefer. After all, he had his kid. He might not be an every-day dad, but N’mor knew the kid had been missed when Z’rin had been trapped in Ista.

Standing quietly, N’mor let his hand rest gently on Z’rin’s hip, trying desperately not to do anything that could be interoperated as ‘pulling rank’. N’mor didn’t want Z’rin to say yes because he felt he had to, or because he thought N’mor wanted him to – even though N’mor desperately wanted Z’rin to say yes – but he wanted him to say yes because he wanted to. So, he waited, gaze locked on the bluerider – expression somewhere between hopeful and worried – and realised he had a lot more he wanted to say before Z’rin answered.

Leaning forward to press a kiss against Z’rin’s lips when he opened his mouth, but before he could speak, N’mor pulled back and pursed his own lisp thoughtfully for a moment. “Before you answer,” he said softly, looking at Z’rin for a moment before looking away, in the region of Z’rin’s throat or shoulders, his gaze kind of darting about. “I want to be more than just this,” and he squeezed Z’rin’s hip gently, a wordless indication of their very healthy sex-life, and what had started as nothing more than such. “If… If you don’t want that, we have to stop, b-because I don’t want to get hurt.” Honest, freighted grey eyes lifted to meet Z’rin’s blue, and N’mor realised with a start that he was trembling.

He could do this! He could definitely walk away if Z’rin didn’t want to get serious, and only feel mostly like an emotional disaster, instead of entirely like one. Which is where he knew he was headed. But he could totally do it, because he knew – he knew – that Z’rin hadn’t signed up for anything serious, and certainly not with a young bronzerider who was barely more than half his age. N’mor would respect what the bluerider wanted (something he’d never imagined even thinking, let alone doing!) as soon as Z’rin told him what that was. N’mor bit his bottom lip, and lifted his worried gaze to meet Z’rin’s.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - Z'rin - 26.Oct.18

Z’rin awoke thanks to his dragon nudging him into consciousness to inform him that his daughter had just left and his lover was probably going to starve to death in their dusty and neglected weyr. He was sorely tempted to stay in bed anyway-- N’mor knew his way to the dining cavern—but he found himself rolling to his feet and slipping on pants even though Zararin had left. A shirt was added after a moment’s hesitation, not because it was cold, but because he still had some insecurities about the scars he now bore. He had yet to look at them himself, which likely didn’t help how he decided they would look to everyone else, so covering up when he could was the way to go. Not that N’mor hadn’t seen them over and over and even his daughter had seen them now. He should have expected her reluctance to sleep on the sofa after the Hatching they had witnessed but it still surprised him when it came minutes after he had slipped into bed, thankfully wearing underwear at least, but not his shirt and he was too tired to think about covering up. If she hadn’t seen his back before, she likely had that morning.

He watched N’mor for a moment, wondering what was on the bronzerider’s mind so soon after waking, but perhaps he was just weighing his options for food. Slipping up behind him and sliding his arms around N’mor, Z’rin gave a happy little moan at the greeting, and then nodded. “Varralath told me. Hope she wasn’t too much trouble without me to rope her in.” He doubted she was. Zararin seemed to have a crush on N’mor and probably still showed a bit of her usual sass but was otherwise well-behaved. After all, she did get N’mor to carry her home after the Hatching despite her getting to be too big for such things. Z’rin let it slide given what they had all been through and because as much as he wanted to hold her close and cart her away from it all, he couldn’t. His leg was still healing and he was hobbling with a cane; a cane that was currently still resting against the dresser in the bedroom. His weyr was small and he knew he wasn’t going to be walking all that much, so it was fine where it was for the time being.

When N’mor turned in his arms, a look of contemplation quickly fading into something he couldn’t quite describe, Z’rin knew he wasn’t about to get in trouble for ignoring the Healer’s orders to have the cane with him at all times. This was something else, and when the words came out, Z’rin wouldn’t have expected them, even if he had been given time to think on anything more than receiving a scolding. Go back to Ista? Of course, just because he was back home didn’t mean he’d never go back to the island he had been trapped on for weeks. He had enjoyed himself and would visit frequently, especially since things hadn’t changed since the bath that left him worried nearly a month earlier.

He truly didn’t consider any other meaning to N’mor’s words, given their relationship but when N’mor said he would move to Telgar, Z’rin froze as the meaning behind the first statement sank in. Did N’mor just ask him to move in with him? As mates? No, that was far more serious than they had ever even accidentally played at. As a convenient warm body within reach for sex? No, that was just being rude and thinking poorly of N’mor. Maybe, in the early days, he could see something like that. After all, beyond a couple of awkward times they hung out together, they really only did end up together for sex. Yet as more time passed, the more Z’rin felt a connection and it only took him nearly dying to bring them closer together as friends.

So what did moving in together really mean?

Again, before he could speak or really even show more emotion other than confusion at having such a conversation so soon after waking, N’mor was filling the silence again. This time, Z’rin managed to furrow his brows further in confusion before his features relaxed into a smile. It really wasn’t the time for a smile, was it? It was a warm one though, not a mocking one, so he felt it was okay. “Silly bronzerider,” he mumbled, gently teasing the man that always had a quip about blueriders, one of which often involving how silly they were.

Relief flooded through Z’rin as the full weight of the situation really hit him and he couldn’t stop the bit of laughter. If he was worried about what smiling would show, he probably should have tried to avoid laughing but Z’rin was quick to press a finger to N’mor’s lips to give him a moment to talk. “I have spent our entire relationship doing my best to not fall for you, knowing you’d lose interest at any moment and ditch me and I convinced myself I was fine with that, that it would be mutual. Unfortunately, you’re kind of irresistible and showed me when I was injured how caring you are. Your visits kept me going, N’mor. You made me feel special and I… I forgot I wasn’t supposed to want you so much and knew I was going to end up hurt.”

Both arms were back around N’mor’s waists and hands gripped a little tighter, in case his confession scared him away when he realised he was getting more than he bargained for. “Then that day in the bath, my first day working on the leg… well, I’ve spent the last few weeks waiting for you to kick me out and move on.” He knew he wasn’t much of a prize, even when he was whole. He was a bit quiet, had a quirky sense of humour, and he felt people would be justified in calling him boring, if they did. To hear N’mor imply that none of that mattered to him was pretty mind-blowing but Z’rin knew he was still blabbering on and on, tossing out his feelings when all he needed to say he hadn’t really even said.

Suddenly embarrassed by his words, Z’rin chuckled, took a breath, and then found the words he really wanted to say, “if you’re sure you really want me around all the time, I’d like to be. And your weyr is better furnished and clean. Doing anything with this place would be so much work, so packing up and moving in with you would be a lot easier,” he grinned, showing he was teasing about his reason for wanting to move in with N’mor, but his hands moved from hips to his lover’s face, cupping it gently to keep their gazes locked.

“I want more, N’mor. I’m always happiest when I’m with you and I want to see what we can be together, truly together. I want to live with you. I’ll go back to Ista with you and stay as long as you want me to. Getting through the paperwork for the transfer alone should be enough to show you my feelings.” He gave his goofy grin, giving his heartfelt confession a bit of a Z’rin twist with his teasing, but he was still afraid N’mor would suddenly laugh and toss him aside as if it was all a joke to harass the bluerider and cruelly toss him aside. So he didn’t make any other move, ignoring the urge to throw them to the ground and consummate their new step in the relationship.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - N'mor - 26.Oct.18

At Z’rin’s soft mumble, N’mor’s eye brows drew together in worry and he felt the ice of fear lance through his blood. There was nothing mocking in the way Z’rin had said it, but he’d never said that to N’mor before, either, and he didn’t know how to interpret the words. He had called Z’rin a silly bluerider for a good part of the past Turn – had it really been so long? – primarily in jest, but it was strange to hear the words from Z’rin. N’mor didn’t think he’d mind, if he knew what emotion was fueling them… The sudden laugh had him cringing, a whole childhood of abuse at the hands of various blueriders pouring down around him, and N’mor withdrew visibly into himself. The gentle finger to his lips had N’mor staring with wide eyes, still trembling where he stood.

It was what Z’rin said, though, that slowly had the warm rush of relief and affection washing over him, and N’mor’s eyes widened even as he blushed and stared at Z’rin in shock. N’mor shook his head in denial to some of the things Z’rin was saying, such as getting bored of him or ditching him. “I don’t ever want to hurt you,” N’mor whispered softly, his hand shifting from Z’rin’s hip to cup his face gently, eyebrows furrowed as he searched the bluerider’s face. The statements about one of their baths, however, had N’mor frowning as he searched his memory for what had happened during that time.

N’mor was still trying to figure out why Z’rin would think he was going to be kicking him out, when the bluerider moved on to joking, and N’mor snorted. He didn’t bother to respond, mostly because Z’rin was speaking again and N’mor gave a crooked little smile. The simple words filled N’mor with warmth he hadn’t expected, and he shifted slightly so his arm was wrapped around Z’rin’s neck, and he pressed a kiss to his lips, then his eyelids, the tip of his nose, splattering soft happy kisses across the bluerider’s face.

Returning his lips to Z’rin’s, N’mor let the kiss linger for a while before breaking it slowly, pulling just enough away that there was a breath of air between them. “I love you,” he said softly, barely above a murmur, eyes wide and honest. He was shocked by how easily he’d toppled off the cliff he’d thought he was well away from the edge of. He knew he’d been close, but N’mor wouldn’t have guessed that Z’rin’s honest, positive reaction to his own admission would result in it blooming into fact. In all honesty, N’mor hadn’t expected Z’rin to react positively at all! It had been so easy to see hurt being the flavour of the morning.

Smile brightening N’mor’s entire face, he grinned brilliantly at Z’rin, before kissing him again.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - Z'rin - 26.Oct.18

Z’rin was surprised to hear those little words come so easily from the man he had never expected to say, at least not to him. His entire time hooking up with the bronzerider had been spent overhearing random rumours and speculation that N’mor and T’ryn were a couple and hiding it given what colour their dragons were. Hell, even he had started to believe those two would end up together and it was the major reason why he tried his hardest not to fall for N’mor. Yet, there he was with N’mor, hearing a love confession, not T’ryn. Perhaps the two young bronzeriders truly were only best friends and nothing more.

The relief that came with that thought was astounding and Z’rin found he was more willing to examine the feelings that had been building since the summer started. It started sometime before the camping trip but that night helped solidify some facts in his mind. He trusted N’mor to such a degree that he would drink an unknown substance and ride out the affects with him, knowing he would be in safe hands. From what he learned about the drug both through Casa and discreetly asking the right –or wrong, depending on perspective and every day general life—people, he knew it only heightened the need for sex and the passion he felt with N’mor had been his own feelings magnified.

Then the fires happened and he’d been wounded. N’mor sitting with him, talking with him, watching over him… that was when Z’rin knew he was in trouble and now, free of worry that he was going to be hurt and that there was someone else in N’mor’s heart, he could call it what it was. Love. He had fallen for the bronzerider, barely more than half his age and barely doubled that of his daughter’s. Who knew the person he had been searching for would come in that form? He felt accepted, never playing at being someone else, and was happy. Plain and simple. N’mor made him happy. No, not N’mor, Indamor. In his mind, there was a distinction and Z’rin wondered if he said that out loud, what would happen.

First, he had something important to say as well, if he could get them out in between the kisses he was enjoying. With a jovial laugh that showed his own enjoyment of the moment and how at ease he was with N’mor, Z’rin returned to running a hand over N’mor’s face, as if learning every feature for the first time in a new light. “I never thought I’d find someone that I would love and they’d love me back. I feel like I should have stood in the rain a lot sooner,” he chuckled softly, recalling how they had met on an Ista beach when it was raining. Would they have crossed paths if he hadn’t decided to spend his down time on the beach that day? That was horrible to think about and he pushed the thought away with another kiss before continuing on.

“I love you as well, N’mor… Indamor,” he added, somewhat shy, and quickly pushed on with his reason for the name. “While I like the bronzerider N’mor, it’s the person hidden behind the confident and arrogant brat that I fell for. Can… can I call you Indamor when we’re alone?” He’d never presume to say it with anyone else around. The honorific came from the dragon and it was a sign of respect and their status. He loved his own honorific because it came from Varralath, so maybe he was being a bit selfish in asking for that privilege, knowing some of it also came from a need to have a name of his own to use for N’mor.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - N'mor - 27.Oct.18

“Silly bluerider,” N’mor teased, highly amused and very endeared by Z’rin’s laughter and his comment. If they had met sooner, N’mor was fairly sure Z’rin would be stuck viewing the younger dragonrider as a child instead of an adult, and that would have made everything quite a bit more awkward! Probably the only reason they hadn’t crossed paths more (he assumed they had at some point, because Katila was hardly a big community!) would have been because of their gap in ages; Z’rin had been adopted by the elder weyrbrats, and N’mor knew his own circle of friends had been small even before he lost his arm – after the landslide it had just been himself and T’ryn.

Even though he’d insinuated it with his previous comment, N’mor still glowed with a warm buzz when Z’rin laid out his own cards, and said he loved him, too. The use of his full name caused N’mor to blink in surprise, but his expression melted into a warm smile. He did give a snort of laughter at being called an arrogant brat, and N’mor scrunched his nose up and stuck his tongue out for a brief moment, before laughing softly. “If you want,” N’mor said gently, leaning forward to brush a tender kiss to Z’rin’s lips. “Dad still calls me Indamor sometimes,” he didn’t know why, but he felt like Z’rin might like the piece of information. “But he’s a dork and doesn’t use most people’s honorifics if he knew them well before Impression.” Talian, Valerian, Indamor –. N’mor knew it was a lot to do with knowing the individuals before they Impressed, but mostly it was B’jin’s love affair with his personal full name.

Pressing himself against Z’rin, N’mor breathed his next words gently against the bluerider’s lips. “I think I’d like that,” he added, not wanting Z’rin to feel like he’d be thought as a dork for calling N’mor by his full name (which his father definitely was, thank you, but not Z’rin!) or to feel like N’mor wouldn’t like it. He didn’t have much in the way of nicknames; Nem was used fairly regularly between Rhezalth and T’ryn, but no one else had picked up on it.

Taking his arm from around Z’rin’s neck, N’mor skated his hand gently up the blueriders back, acknowledging but not obsessing over the changes his scaring from the fires caused. Once he reached Z’rin’s shoulder blades, N’mor’s hand slipped round the front and cruised back down, enjoying himself as he went with a little teasing to Z’rin’s nipple. Making his way back to the hem of Z’rin’s shirt, N’mor lifted it gently. Keeping eye contact, N’mor’s expression was as lusty as ever, but softer and his small smile was filled with affection. As the shirt fluttered softly to the ground, N’mor pressed their bare chests together, and stole the bleurider’s lips with a deep kiss.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - Z'rin - 27.Oct.18

Z’rin didn’t think he could be any happier. He no longer had to worry about when their fling would end, feelings were laid out and accepted, and now they could fully enjoy the other’s company without holding anything back. Oh, and they could get to that consummating their new step in the relationship idea that he was very strongly looking forward to and it seemed N’mor felt the same when his shirt vanished. He buried a hand in N’mor’s hair as they kissed, and he marvelled at how something they did regularly could feel so different now that it was more than just a part of sex but conveying deeper emotions.

He started reaching for the band of N’mor’s pants but stopped and grinned at his lover when he broke away from the kiss. “The bedroom,” he prompted and took N’mor by the hand to lead him to what was essentially the cleanest area of his unused weyr. The amount of dust that had accumulated over the months he was gone was astounding, though his daughter swore she came by sometimes to make sure all was well. Besides, while they were used to having sex on any surface, the bed was comfiest and Z’rin wanted to keep them there as long as possible before a bath, packing, and moving home with N’mor.

When they reached the bedroom, Z’rin took his pleasure in giving a slow strip tease that had him smirking mischievously the entire time before he turned his skills to N’mor, dropping to his knees before the bronzerider to both help him out of the obstacles and eye his prize he had unwrapped. Z’rin had never been shy about his loving of giving head and knew N’mor enjoyed receiving it just as much and he set about showcasing his skills without hesitation.

At the tell-tale signs he was doing his job well, Z’rin pulled back and grinned up at N’mor, wondering if he wanted to finish in his mouth or move on to sex. “Want me to finish you off?” He asked and punctuated the offer with one long slow lick up his shaft, “and then work you hard again as you tell me which position you want me in first.”

N’mor laughed softly, the sound breathier and lighter than before, and he followed eagerly when Z’rin took his hand and led him towards the bedroom. More light-hearted laughed was given at Z’rin’s striptease, stealing touches and kisses between antics, and cheerfully dodging playful slaps.

The bluerider had said he was happiest when he was with N’mor, and N’mor hadn’t really thought too much on it – too many other thoughts to process at the time. But as he watched Z’rin release his pants, gasping as the bluerider’s warm mouth enveloped him, N’mor couldn’t think of any time he’d been happier – Impression notwithstanding, of course!

“No,” N’mor gasped, slowly pulling himself together, despite the way his body twitched when Z’rin licked. “Stop that,” he teased, grinning playfully as he helped to draw Z’rin back to his feet and running his thumb gently across the bluerider’s lips before pressing a kiss to them. He had long gotten over the weirdness that came from kissing the mouth that had just been sucking him, though if he actually stopped to think about it he still found it bizarre. Thankfully, he wasn’t – and often didn’t.

“No,” he echoed again, drawing Z’rin along as he stepped slowly back towards the bed, until the mattress was pressing against the backs of his legs. “Not you,” he studied Z’rin’s face quietly, gently brushing his fingers along his jawline. “Me.”

Z’rin laughed as he was chided for the teasing and was still smiling as he was brought back to his feet for another kiss. He was trying to decide which position they’d start with, maybe from behind, get some of the basic urges out of their systems before moving into something more fitting for their new status. He couldn’t see them being tender all the time, but the passion that was already popping up in simple things like kisses was going to bring about a new level of mind-blowing sex.

Speaking of mind-blowing, Z’rin was fairly certain he misheard N’mor and stared at him a moment to see if any clarification was offered up or a repeat of the few short words. When that didn’t happen and N’mor stayed silent and studied his face, likely for a reaction, he knew he had heard right. How many times over their relationship had he wished N’mor was into flipping positions? He’d never asked the bronzerider to do that, the rules having been laid out the first time they had sex, and he was fine with it. Z’rin took pleasure on both ends and while the few random flights Varralath entered often left him topping his partner, it wasn’t always enough to sate the urge.

Now, he had N’mor offering it up and he wanted to make sure it was genuine. He wasn’t doing it because he felt it was proper now that they were fully committed to each other, was he? Z’rin honestly doubted that thought even entered N’mor’s head as he really wasn’t the sort to do something he didn’t want to do, but he still had to make sure.

Z’rin turned his head enough that he could capture one of those exploring fingers with his mouth and lazily swirled his tongue around the digit before letting it free as he rested his hands on N’mor’s hips. “I’ve wanted to switch with you for a while but I’d never pressure you into it. And I may have secretly masturbated to the idea while I was stuck in the Healers’ wing,” he confided in an exaggerated whisper since it was only the two of them and he wasn’t embarrassed about sex when it came to sharing with N’mor.

“I love what we have and nothing needs to change if you don’t want it to. So are you sure? And have you rode cock before?” Z’rin knew he was N’mor’s first lover but they had never promised to be exclusive and it didn’t bother him that he may not have been the only one feeding that sexual appetite, but he wanted to know, if he got the go ahead, how much he needed to ease N’mor into the act.

“I’m sure,” N’mor murmured softly, pale gaze still locked on Z’rin, watching the way his lover’s features had chopped and changed as he processed the short words he had given him just moments before. He was intrigued by the show of emotions, but also the reply he got. N’mor’s eyebrows lifted slightly and the corner of his lip twitched at the admission. The final question, though, had N’mor cringing with an expression of such guilt and he dropped his gaze, nodding once. “Just once,” he whispered, looking up, worried, before adding a quiet “months ago.” He waited, to see if Z’rin would want more information.

N’mor had just enough time to shift uncomfortably, unsure if Z’rin wanted more information or was just processing, unsure what the bluerider was feeling (mostly because he was refusing to look at him) when Z’rin tilted N’mor’s head and claimed his lips. It took several long moments before N’mor was able to let go of the guilt he was feeling and slowly get swept back up into the joy, lust and love they’d been wrapped in before the question and admission. Maybe they’d discuss it later, or maybe it would never be brought up again – N’mor didn’t know, and as he responded to the kisses and let Z’rin ease him back onto the bed, N’mor let the worry go – for now, anyway.

When he and T’ryn had fucked, even though it was N’mor that had received, it had been he who had taken – he had been the one in control, the one directing everything that happened, and while he certainly wasn’t thinking about it in the present moment, N’mor knew he’d been the one that dictated everything with his friend. It was, he had accepted a while back, his fault they’d had a falling out. But now, with Z’rin, N’mor released all control, letting the bluerider choose the pace, the position; he thrilled in the experience, pressing desperate, begging kisses to his – his – bluerider’s lips as he writhed below him.

N’mor came with a soft gasp, mangling his lover’s name as he arched, limbs wrapped around Z’rin. He relaxed slowly, sinking down into the mattress and staring up at Z’rin deliriously, completely oblivious to where the bluerider was on for his own release; it wasn’t that he didn’t care, he did, he just didn’t have much in the way of a functioning brain as responded to the kiss given to him, murmuring something that was probably a declaration of love, but got lost in the kiss.

His own release wasn’t long after N’mor’s and he concealed his grunting from the action with another kiss. He had taken his time from beginning to end, never wanting to rush N’mor into the act, despite him having tried the position once before. He hadn’t felt the need to ask for details, it had never been in him to know his partner’s sexual history and it didn’t bother him now that N’mor had been with another man while they were sleeping together. They weren’t exclusive then, and he wasn’t even sure if they were now despite the love confessions and living together.

But as he pulled out and shifted a bit further down the bed so he could trail kisses down N’mor’s body, Z’rin knew they had a few more things to work out before they’d both be truly comfortable. The fact that N’mor felt guilt over that one time was proof enough. First, Z’rin licked his bronzerider’s abdomen and shaft clean, perhaps as a way to tease the man but also because a moment after he was done, he had slid back up that delightful body and straddled N’mor’s waist.

“Zin, huh?” he asked with a smile as he leaned back down to press a light kiss to swollen lips. “I like it. I liked this as well but it doesn’t have to be a regular thing if you don’t want it to be.” He’d be happy with it being a special treat if the confident and controlling bronzerider didn’t like submitting to someone, especially a bluerider, that often. Z’rin knew N’mor had enjoyed himself from the way he writhed and how into it he was, but he wanted it on record that he was an amiable lover and would go with the flow.

As he ran his hand through N’mor’s hair, Z’rin debated whether he should collapse onto the bed or push for a conversation. The guilt he saw was too fresh in his mind and he knew he had to say something now lest N’mor clung to it more than he needed to. “Unless you learned something new and didn’t share it with me, I don’t want to see you look ashamed again,” he gave a wicked grin and then leaned down to rest their foreheads together. “We were never exclusive, Indamor, so there’s nothing to worry over.”

He sat back enough so they could see each other more clearly, which meant his indecision to continue speaking was also seen but after biting his lip, Z’rin finally said it. “But our love… does that change the rules?”

N’mor flushed slightly at the name, but his slightly wary smile turned into a true one, if small, when Z’rin claimed the name. The kiss was accepted, and returned, and N’mor tilted his head slightly with an upraised eyebrow when Z’rin continued. “I love you,” N’mor said softly, as if that explained everything, eyes wide and slightly confused. N’mor didn’t know how to explain it, even to himself, but there had been a massive shift in how he perceived the man sitting on him, and a large (all?) of it was because he loved Z’rin, and could (finally) see him as entirely more than the colour of his dragon.

“Maybe not,” N’mor murmured, enjoying the sound of his full name on Z’rin’s lips, but not enough to dispel his discomfort with the memory of his short stint with T’ryn. If N’mor was honest with himself, it wasn’t that he’d slept with T’ryn – it was that he had been willing to completely ditch Z’rin in an instant to be with his best friend; that the only reason he’d stopped holding back so much with Z’rin, was because T’ryn had told him to enjoy being with the bluerider. At his core, N’mor was incredibly ashamed of that, and though he knew he had reasons to give blueriders all of no respect or trust, Z’rin was more than that and N’mor was saddened by all that might have been abandoned.

But it wasn’t, so don’t dwell on it! N’mor startled when his dragon spoke to him, having been entirely wrapped up in all things Z’rin until that point, and his eyes flickered to where the dragon ledge was, before glancing back at Z’rin as his lover shifted. The question was met with furrowed brows, and N’mor studied Z’rin’s face for a moment, his lips pursed. “Please,” he said softly, knowing he didn’t sound at all like his usual self. He pouted at Z’rin, though there was a playful sparkle in his eyes as he sat up carefully, wrapping his arm around Z’rin and kissing him softly. “I don’t care to share you.” He spoke carefully, tone light and lingering in the realm of playful, but he was serious, careful to make sure Z’rin could see he was without the threat of getting grumpy if he didn’t get his way.

N’mor knew he was arrogant, and demanding, and had a taste for getting his way, but he’d also spent a good chunk of his young life watching his father and N’mall live what he’d learned was not a healthy relationship, especially when he saw the way B’jin and R’nd lived together. He wanted his relationship to be like that one; or at least how he perceived it. He knew they loved each other (even if it had taken them a really long time to figure it out) and he knew that neither of them put demands on the other (or at least, none born of pettiness or jealousy… not when Larrikith wasn’t proddy, anyway).

That won’t be a problem, Rhezalth put in dryly, and N’mor spluttered before biting his lip and swallowing the laughter. “Rhea says we don’t have to worry about getting proddy,” he smirked, amused, before sobering a little. “But since both our dragons have a thing for the ladies,” and didn’t that pose an interesting thought! Could dragons fancy their own sex like humans did? N’mor was pretty sure even if they did, they wouldn’t be acting on it… well, he didn’t think so, anyway. He wasn’t that interested in dragon anatomy and Rhezalth’s bewildered response told him his dragon couldn’t understand why N’mor would tumble down that thought path anyway.

N’mor blinked and shook his head slightly. “Lady dragons,” he echoed, bringing himself back on track. “We could only be dragonrider-exclusive, not like, Holder-exclusive.” And he blinked at Z’rin, wondering if that made half as much sense out loud as it had in his head before he tried to vocalise it. The statement didn’t really make a lot of sense, when one considered that the only time men screwed in a Hold was when they were sneaking around behind their wives’ backs. N’mor scrunched his nose up, and gave Z’rin a dry look, waiting for the sassy quip.

He would have been willing to keep their relationship open if N’mor did have someone else he fooled around with or if he wanted the option to do so if he felt the urge, but Z’rin was thrilled when the opposite was suggested. He loosely wrapped his arms around N’mor’s neck and simply smiled at him for several seconds as he basked in the realisation that this was real. Someone loved and accepted him and only wanted him. He had a lot of insecurities that he knew could be traced back to his family and the entire investigation party leaving him for dead on an island, but some of them started to fade into the background in that moment. “Good. While I sometimes think we could use a third in bed with us to help satiate us, I don’t want to share you either.”

Z’rin cocked his head to the side a moment later when lady dragons were brought up and he thought about what the difference was between Weyr and Hold and then laughed. “So no sneaking around with lovers on the side but the far more public dragonlust-induced fling is okay. I can live with that. Varralath doesn’t chase much and if we lose, I’ll try to make my way home to you. You know all the best ways to take advantage of me in that state,” he grinned, teasing, as he recalled their first time that came about after he had lost a Flight. He had actually hooked up with another loser and was still only a bit out of it, but the lust was still strong enough to encourage him to take N’mor up on his invitation.

“And even though you don’t want women, tell Rhezalth I’ll be cheering him on every time a gold rises. I’ll take good care of you win or lose,” he whispered against N’mor’s ear before sucking the lobe into his mouth, tonguing it gently. He was getting turned on again with all the talk about only having each other, and dropping a hand between their bodies confirmed he wasn’t the only one enjoying their relationship and current position.

“Ready for some more?” Z’rin asked as he palmed them both, stroking their erections slowly while his nibbling mouth moved down N’mor’s neck. “But if I take you again, it’s going to be a down and dirty fucking. I want you so badly right now, Indamor.” As he worked his way along N’mor’s jawline, Z’rin murmured about receiving this time and however N’mor wanted it was also an option. It’d be an easy shift of his hips to seat himself and ride his lover—or was it mate now? They loved each other and weren’t going to be with anyone else, so that was essentially the definition, right?

“I love you, Indamor,” he whispered a breath away from N’mor’s mouth, stealing it into a kiss on the next breath even as he pushed them to lie back down. They would figure out what their relationship actually labelled them, just as they would figure out who was topping and when as they went long.

RE: 739.10.14 | Tender Revelations - N'mor - 28.Oct.18

N’mor choked on a laugh at Z’rin’s quip about adding someone extra to their bedroom, and he shook his head in amusement. He’d actually never considered adding anyone else to their bedroom adventures, and he honestly wasn’t sure how he felt about the idea! On the one hand, it could certainly be interesting, and probably a lot of fun. On the other hand, well… Technically N’mor didn’t have another hand… the bronzerider snorted, the reaction falling in nicely with the quip he knew Z’rin would have about dragonriders and Holders.

A wicked smirk claimed N’mor’s features, and he leaned forward to press a playful kiss to Z’rin’s lips. The quip about women had the younger man’s nose scrunching up and he shook his head. He would never prevent Rhezalth from giving chase to any gold he wanted (or green, if the fancy took him) but that didn’t mean N’mor wanted to think about what that would imply for him. The promise from Z’rin did make him give a crooked smile, though, and he gasped, humming in the positive to the ridiculous question Z’rin asked of him.

“Always,” N’mor teased, lusty and eager as his hand travelled so he could bury his fingers in Z’rin’s dark hair, pulling his head down to steal his mouth – it was doing far too much talking, anyway! – in an eager kiss. Naturally, Z’rin had to try to get in the last word, and N’mor grinned brightly up at the bluerider, having this time broken the kiss himself. “Show me,” demand or request, N’mor decided to let Z’rin figure out which it was. For the moment, he was enjoying being more submissive; it was so different from their usual times together, but didn’t feel weird to N’mor – though he had expected it to.