World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

So we meet again; for the first time [Echlerov]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Lunch had been a boisterous affair, despite Jisralna’s attempts to keep off to the side. Everyone seemed to be eager for the eggs on the Sands to harden and already the more incorrigible members of Katila were taking and placing bets on both the eggs and the Candidates. She’d been elbowed that afternoon by a rowdy bluerider who’d asked if she’d wanted to place a bet and when she’d declined had teased her, suggesting that she should Impress a green for the good of the Weyr; if she knew what he meant.

She’d hazarded a guess.

Needless to say, she’d excused herself from Lunch early, tucking a bit of bread and cheese wrapped in an embroidered handkerchief into the pocket of her simple gown. She retired to the Gather Square then contemplated what to do with the rest of her day. She’d already completed her assigned chore and only had a small amount of mending to do which would be easy enough to finish later that day, before the evening meal.

Walking across the Square, she stopped near one of the fenced in gardens near the edge of the gathering area and leaning against the fence, watched the progress of a trundle bug as it climbed the thick stalk of a plant then started back down the other side. They really were silly critters and quite amusing to watch…from a distance.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Echlerov had been enjoying the chaos in the dining hall, listening to all of the conversations that people had been having and adding in thoughts of his own. He had a few favorites that he was hoping would impress, and had put down bets on them, just in case. You never knew after all.

However, when he noticed Jisralna make her way out of the hall, he was curious. What was she up to? It seemed this was the place to be at the moment, and then he kind of had an answer for himself. She probably was a bit overwhelmed, and Echlerov decided that maybe he should go and check on her. That was what friends did.

Yes. Go after her.It was obvious that his dragon was listening in on his thoughts, and Echlerov smiled. And then you should bring her to meet me.

"Alright."He responded. He was working on not responding to his dragon out loud, though Echlerov was fairly certain that he'd never quite break the habit.

He made his way out, following her all the way across the gather square. It was pretty much desolate, with nothing currently going on, and it appeared that she was heading over towards one of the gardens. Hopefully she wouldn't be upset that he followed her.

"Hey," he called out when he had gotten close, not wanting to startle her. "You want company, or should I leave you alone?"
Code:
[span style="background-color:#e5eff9;"][color=#849BAF]Pistoth[/color][/span]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Laughing softly to herself when the trundle bug she was watching toppled from the plant stalk, Jisra shook her head and reaching up with one hand, pulled the end of her braid over her shoulder, toying with the end of it as the little bug flailed its tiny legs, trying to right itself. She was contemplating figuring a way into the enclosed garden to help right the bug with a stick or something when a man called out to her. Blinking, she frowned; had she been caught doing something wrong?

Turning, she opened her mouth to apologize to whomever it was that had caught her about to slip into the garden when she recognized the tall figure coming towards her. It was the Blue Weyrling Echlerov! Her frown quickly transformed into a friendly smile as she shook her head. “Please, join me. I just couldn’t handle all the noise. Did it bother you as well?”

Sliding her braid back over her shoulder, she compulsively glanced towards the skies. Since meeting Echlerov, she’d noticed his dragon more than she had before—though given her fondness for blue dragons, it wasn’t that much more—and was quite amused by his aerial antics. When she couldn’t spot the pale blue, she looked back to Echlerov. "It is a beautiful day. I may just finish my afternoon meal out here, if you'd like to join me."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Ah, no. I just got bored, and when I noticed you heading out, I thought that maybe I'd see what you were up to." He smiled. "And I'd love to join you, although you'll have to excuse me for not eating. I was able to eat before things got too chaotic in there." 

Me! Me too! I want to come too!

Echlerov chuckled to his self. "Would you mind if Pistoth joins us? There's enough room out here for him, and he'd really like to meet you." More than Echlerov would like to admit.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

She smiled as she walked with the bluerider towards a bench that was positioned near the garden and settled herself, pulling out the cloth she’d wrapped the rest of her lunch in. Once she was settled, she pulled back the corners to reveal a bit of bread, a bit of cheese…and bubbly pies. A few more than was usually given to each person not that anyone who knew the weaver woman would find that particularly surprising.

She’d pulled out one of the pies—it wasn’t fresh by any means and in fact might be considered stale, not that it mattered to Jisra—and had just taken a bite when Echlerov mentioned Pistoth. Instantly her eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly, trying to chew faster. When she couldn’t chew fast enough she held a hand in front of her mouth to block it. “I would love that! I’ve been looking forward to meeting him since I met you the other day!”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He followed the girl over to a bench that he didn't even know was there, sitting down next to her. He was glad that she wouldn't mind him not eating, and when she responded so enthusiastically to meeting Pistoth, he contacted his blue.

Pistoth? he asked. Want to join us?

The blue responded enthusiastically, and then, not too much longer, came flying down, landing in front of the pair. He settled down, lying on the ground and looking at Jisralna. Hello. he said, his voice chiming at the girl. I have wanted to meet you too.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

By the time she’d finished chewing and had swallowed the rather large bite she’d taken, Pistoth had arrived and with a soft squeal of delight, Jisralna quickly set aside the remainder of her meal and jumped to her feet. Despite living in a Weyrhold, it wasn’t often that the woman actually got to interact with a dragon and blues were ever her favorite. Echlerov momentarily forgotten, she rushed forward even as Pistoth stretched out on the ground and skittered to a halt with a grin when a decidedly masculine voice slipped into her mind. Green eyes sparkling, she dipped into a curtsy.

“Greetings to you, Pistoth.” He was beautiful—not as beautiful as when he was flying, but very close—up close, so pale and wonderful. Her reaction to all dragons was much like this but despite the colorist ways that were often encouraged amongst the riders and weyrfolk, she would always favor the blue dragons. The first dragon she’d ever met had been a blue.

Rising from her curtsy, Jisra looked over her shoulder seeming all at once like an eager yet apprehensive child rather than a woman of twenty-five years. Her dimples had appeared and a smile commanded her features. It was almost as though she were looking for some sort of permission to go closer, to touch such a glorious creature; a creature that more than a year ago she had been told was gone from the face of Pern.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Echlerov merely smiled, watching her interact with his blue.

I like her. he remarked to Echlerov, and then spoke to the both of them. It is my pleasure. His eyes were whirling blue in pleasure, and if she were to touch his neck, she would be able to feel his pleased rumbling, almost like the purr of a cat.

Echlerov was amused when Jisra looked at him, almost as if she was asking permission, and he moved over to them. "He really likes having his muzzle and eye ridges rubbed." he remarked, patting his dragon fondly. There was little that she could do that could upset his dragon, and so he wasn't worried.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A Pistoth spoke again, Jisralna swung around, dimpled grin in place once more as she tilted her head slightly, observing him. She’d never in her life imagined a blue so pale; it almost looked as if he should be cold like snow but when Echlerov gave her a few pointers she lurched forward, her hand coming up, fingers splayed. When her hand connected with the pale hide she found it warm and slightly rough to the touch. Unadulterated wonder flooded her as she stood there for a moment, oblivious for the moment to the bluerider’s presence as she slowly slid her fingers over Pistoth’s nose.

“Pern should never be without dragons.” She all but whispered to no one in particular; heartfelt words that slipped past her lips.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)