World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

we meet upon the dinning hour (open)

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
seijin balanced his plate and cup as he approached the tables. He looked around for a place to sit. Finally unable to hold his plate anymore he stopped at a table and sat down. He then looked around the room for a more detailed look seeing who all was in the room. He saw a lot of unfamiliar faces and a few that he knew but then he didn't really know anyone all that well yet. He had just finished up chores and He was getting a bit sleepy so he didn't talk to anyone as he started to eat. He saw others passing by the table he was at but paid them no mind as they passed by to go and get a plate of food of their own.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I don't want to

You should

But I can't...

You MUST

You can't make me

I won't

There was a brief pause in the pair's back and forth, during which Ilveriath's sentence hung almost threateningly in the space between them. The dragon was cautious, well aware of his bonded's stubborn refusal and active fear. I'shan was on edge, waiting to throw his retort back at the blue, whatever the creature may choose to say.

After a few bitter moments, Ilveriath's warmth wrapped around the bluerider.  You will the dragon said, But not because I pressured you, dear. You must make that decision on your own. I merely wish you would

I'shan frowned, leering down at his klah and pulling his hair with both hands.  He sat slumped at his table. Yeah, I will..just not yet he muttered. It had been a while now since his conversation with B'jin. Now he had baggage piled on by his conversation with Sanderon. The obvious truth was getting harder and harder for him to turn a blind eye to, but I'shan was determined to keep denying it for as long as he can. Ilveriath's concerns were eased by his bonded's acceptance of, if nothing else, the inevitability of it all.

I'shan knew he needed to go talk to R'nd. For now, he was going to focus on drinking his klah. He opened his eyes and tried to wipe the frown from his face. "What a day," he muttered.

As he glanced around, an unfamiliar face caught his attention. A younger man was seated not far away, and while they weren't right next to each other, I'shan did wonder how the young man could have taken a seat so close without being noticed.

"Oh, hi," I'shan said, eyes widening with a hint of curiosity. Someone to talk to...well, someone to talk to who wouldn't remind him of his troubles. It was a beautiful thing. I'shan scooted one seat closer, intending to forget all about his internal musings. "Didn't see ya there."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin also did not notice the man at the table near him so when he spoke Seijin turned to him and put on his best smile. He smiled both warm and welcoming as he replied back to the man who had spoken.  " Hello, I hope you are having a fine evening." He had no idea of what kind of day the man had been having before now. He noticed that he moved closer.  "I don't believe we have meet yet." He replied softly " I am Seijin. I one of the umm candidates and I am  also a Tanner by trade. " He introduced himself.

Though he was stolen and not a candidate willing at first he was more acceptant then some of the others and warmed up much faster to the new people around him.  His friendly nature would not let him stay angry or upset for very long. "Its a pleasure to meet you. " He searched the outfit to find any sign of his station so that  Seijin could greet him properly. He brushes his dark  hair back and out of his green eyes again he still had trouble remembering not to do that nervous gesture.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan smiled. Shards, it was nice to run into someone friendly with no sharding baggage attached. For the time being, the little bluerider's fears and worries slipped away, dripping down the floor and sliding in between the cracks without so much as a whimper. "Don't believe we have either. I'm I'shan," he said.

He scooted closer, bringing himself to the seat directly opposite of the young man. "Please to meet you, too," he said, brown eyes sweeping over the young man. "Candidate?  Cool," the bluerider said, almost feeling silly at making such an obvious comment.  At that young man's age, he must have been. Hey, look! A stolen that wasn't going to hit him or throw a tantrum!

Though, come to think, I'shan was running into more and more of those. Maybe his bad luck was finally at an end.

"You excited about the clutch?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'shan that's a nice name that means your one of the riders.  What is your dragons name?  "  He asked fascinated as the rider joined him at his table.He blushed softly. " That is if you don't mind me asking? The dragons colors are so bright and beautiful. I want to make every color in my work. I love to work with  new colors and being here has given me  a lot more things to work with that I never had back home. Though I don't know if my colors will be widely popular. But still its always fun to try." he prattles on nervously then remembers the question and colors lightly again.

He hurried on to answer I'shan's question.  "I'm both excited and nervous. Not sure if I will bond this time or not. So its exciting to go there all the steps but a bit nerve racking to know you may be one that is left behind. And sometimes its saddens me but I'm young I will have many chances yet if I don't make it this time. " Seijin replies confidently. He always likes to look at things favorably then not.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened dramatically. "Oh, why would I mind?! He's Ilveriath, and he's the prettiest shade of blue you'll ever see," the bluerider purred. He hadn't brought the dragon up out of courtesy. Many of the northerners were sour, even after all the time that had passed since the last wave of searches. As such, I'shan didn't like talking about his dragon to them. The last thing he wanted to do was unintentionally offend someone he didn't even know yet and make even more enemies.

Fortunately, Seijin seemed interested, which meant I'shan was dangerously close to spilling off into a huge tangent about his dragon. Ilveriath was silently amused, but he didn't chime in. He just nudged I'shan mentally, pushing him away from his usual selfish inclinations. I'shan held his tongue and laughed lightly, opting not to ramble.

"Hey, don't sweat it," he said  regarding the hatching. "It's not so big of a deal if you are left behind once. Sometimes it TAKES time for your dragon to come along, you know?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled he always liked the color blue but then he had a love for green as well. "Ilveriath a lovely name for a lovely blue. Maybe someday I'll get to see this beautiful shade of blue." Seijin listened to I'shan.  " Yes, your right I should learn to be patient and wait. And just enjoy the time I have. Course your duties and obligations will then tend to be all about your dragon then anything else once the bond happens. He or she would then become the main focus of your life.  Course that's another thing I do worry about. To not have ever felt it before does it feel strange at first to hear another in your mind.But I still should be able to  do some tanning even if I do become a rider.  I was just working on some new colors and was thinking of making some blue leathers. " 

Seijin blushed when he realized that he still had not finished eating and was prattling away. "I'm sorry sometimes I get talkative when I'm interested in a subject."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan grinned. "Thanks," he replied. Even though the young man had only complimented Ilveriath's name, I'shan still felt a rush of rider-pride swirling through him. The stories were true; a dragonman never did grow tired of talking about his dragon. "I'd show him off now, were he not out for a flight. He loves just going out and soaring...he gets out in the hot air and just goes in lazy circles for hours sometime." Fondness showed in the bluerider's eyes. "I guess it's his version of kicking back in the soft grass with a cold drink, ya know?"

He just shrugged at the next part. "The dragon  DOES become everything, man. But it doesn't mean you never get to do the things you love again. They need constant are for the first six months or so, then you start to get a bit of leeway," he explained. "And..." One thing in particular had caught his interest. "Do you mean you've never had a dragon speak to you or touch your mind before?" he asked, looking on in interest.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"no none since I have gotten here and its been two turns. But I always though that they wouldn't talk to nonriders unless It was seriously important. And I don't know if one talked to me when I was taken from my home. I was a bit distracted with the  beautiful man who was sweeping me off my feet and taking me away from my troubles. " Seijin blushed softly and admits quietly.

After all him not being trouble and fighting about being here kind of threw them for a loop they did pay more attention to the ones who acted out. "Is that a bad thing, maybe that's why none of them looked at me when I went to my first hatching. Well that and I was so nervous that I was about to jump out of my own skin. Have I been doing something wrong? " He asked softly with a worried frown. "I do want them to like me."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh, did this blushing young candidate just say 'beautiful man'?

I'shan's eyes widened with interest. "A beautiful man swept you off your feet, you say?' the bluerider inquired devilishly. 'May I ask who? Ooooh! I bet it was B'jin, wasn't it?!" B'jin was certainly the most beautiful searchrider, at least in I'shan's biased mind. I'shan still shuddered just a bit whenever he thought of his night with B'jin, though he was too respectful of his friend to say anything about it.

"Or maybe K'ren," I'shan added afterwards, stifling his desire to laugh. Oh, gossip was such a good painkiller! It took the edge right off.

"And nah...I'm sure you didn't do anything wrong. Dragons are quiet, or at least most of them. Whether or not they talk to you doesn't have any baring on whether or not you will Impress," I'shan explained. "If you're searched, you're searched..the right dragon will come along eventually."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded softly. " Well I though he was simply lovely and talked real nice and all. Guess I was just gullible enough to follow him away from the others and get sweep away. Course I didn't help that I had just had a argument with my father about the future.  But no it wasn't B'jin he's the one that brought one of my friends Jisralna to the island. She does embroidery work. She's quite talented but then I'm bias she is after all a friend. I think it was K'ren.  "

"That's a relieve, the last thing I want to do is offend them or something equally stupid on my part. I might just be nervous about nothing at all. "  He peers over at I'shan  curiously.He runs his fingers threw his hair brushing it back again.  " Course then your a looker as well." He replied softly giving the man a compliment.

" Having a Blue do you get to participate in many flights?" He asks curiously. He never experienced any of the flights even the aftermath but he was curious. He had yet to be with anyone here and its been two years. He  for the longest time had a crush on the man who stole him. But they never spent much time together and he only watched him from afar.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Phhht," I'shan said, having one hand with dismissal. "You're not doing anything wrong. And everyone's nervous," he said. "I was so excited and nervous back when I stood the first time..." He left out the detail that he'd not only Impressed at his first hatching, but Impressed the first dragonet to break shell at that hatching. The little blue had bolted right for him. It had been positively precious.

I'shan's eyes lit up and he blushed a bit at the compliment. "Thank you," I'shan purred, appreciative, but careful not to come on too strongly. He was flattered, but the last thing he needed was a repeat of the B'jin incident. I'shan was just dancing with the poor greenrider when N'gelt had broken up with him! I'shan shuddered at the memory, but it didn't dampen his appreciation.

Oooh, the next question was even more fun. "Flights? Yeah...all the time," he said. Now it was his turn to blush. He'd been self-conscious about his own flight behaviors lately. "They can be a lot of fun, but they can lead to awful messes, to..." He trailed off a bit, his face shadowed by worry.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded softly " Thanks, that does make me feel so much better to  know that I not alone in this uncertainty. And that I really do have a chance. Before I came here I never dreamed of ever flying on a dragon. And now that i've seen them and been upon a dragon. Its something that I don't ever wanna not  think about anymore. A whole new life has opened up for me and I wanna reach up and grab it with both hands and never let it slip threw my fingers. " He sighs wishfully.

Seijin tipped his head to the side and looked up at the rider. " Messes really, I guess I would never think that something that suppose to be so magical could be anything but perfect. Course I did hear that  you could get lost in your dragons thoughts and feelings and they would become your own and you would act without always thinking. But then truthfully I think that it might be well worth it in the end no matter what happens.All you have to do is  surrender and let the nature take its course. Course I guess your right when couples are weyrmated then things can get  very complicated when their mates  win flights with other riders.  But I believe that if you hold a deep trust of each other and  they always return to each others  sides then nothing should get between them."He blushed softly. " Though I have no experience with it so I guess I could be wrong." He admits softly. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan smiled and rested his chin on one hand. This kid seemed so positive and happy, it was infectious! The bluerider's grin widened and he nodded along, subtly encouraging Seijin's enthusiasm for dragons and Impression. "That's a big part of it..not letting it slip away, I mean. You gotta get out there and really let those dragonets know that you want them," he purred.

The next part was a little harder to make positive. I'shan had been having difficulties with flights lately. "You've got a pretty good idea of how it goes, actually..." he admitted. Seijin had a good head on his shoulders, it would seem. The kid seemed a bit idealistic, but he understood the best way to deal with flights. Maybe that said something about the way riders dealt with it all. The obvious answer, which was simple, natural, and obvious even to a nonrider, was the best way. Maybe they should take that to heart and act on it more.

"That's really the best thing you can do...just let it take you away for a while. Fighting it always ends up in a mess, and most people are pretty understanding." He sighed. "Unfortunately, it's..pretty easy to accidentally hurt people..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin peeked over " It more the intentional harm that you really have to worry about. while it may be easy to accidentally hurt someone either threw inexperience or just by no knowing or understanding. That can always be forgiven and forgotten in the end specially if it not intentional and can be apologized for. "Seijin nodded softly before continuing.

" It is also easy to hurt someone threw words and deeds but that to is easy to apologize for. Long as that person is understanding and aware of it not being on purpose.  Which I understand that riders are totally enamored by their dragons flight lust. So clear thinking is not always to the forefront of the mind."

Seijin folded his hands and set them on the table and thought for a moment before speaking again. " I believe that the best course of action would be to be like a leaf in the wind and let it blow you where it may. Not to fight it. A limb that can bend to the winds whims will never break. "

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

That can always be forgiven and forgotten in the end specially if it not intentional

If only it was so easy. I'shan's face fell a little bit as he thought back on past misconduct, his heartrate speeding up just a bit. He could almost feel the accusing stares of greenriders. I'shan was on the nice side, too! He was a much gentler flight partner than many of his blueriding brothers, and while most greenriders were understanding or even appreciative, the ones who looked angry or betrayed still cut into him the most. It only took a few, and lately I'shan had been thinking about them an awful lot.

"Some people hate losing control like that," I'shan mused lightly, looking almost sullen. "I hate to think that during flight, I turn into some sort of sex-crazed monster...but it's what we do. Flights are so...they control you so much, and yet at the same time, it's like...the ultimate freedom..." His voice sounded conflicted, fitting enough considering the subject matter. Flights were indeed both enslavement and freedom. Were the actions of a flight-crazed rider completely out of his control, or was he expressing his deepest desires in a way he never could normally?

For I'shan, the answer was 'both'.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin was of course naive and young enough to believe that everyone was good at heart. He had yet to really be exposed to the harshness of the new environment that he was in. But then he was only a candidate so mostly people have been leaving him alone and to his own devices as long as he showed up to classes and participated in the hatchings with not even a little trouble at all.

Seijin always was a kind soul and liked everyone. He never stayed angry for long and looked more to the positive things then to the negative. He knew that if he dewelled on the negative aspects of his life then he would always be unhappy. And he did not like to feel unhappy.

"Flights are just a part of living with and bonding with the dragons it is not good or evil it just is.  It is really only what you make of it.  Don't ever let it bother you thou I'm sure your dragon would not of picked you if you didn't have the strength and will to endure all the trials of being bonded to him and the pressures of being a riders. I have faith in that. "

Seijin looked over again. " Now granted when I was first brought here to the Island I was a bit upset to find that I couldn't return home. But then after I though a bit about it well it dawned on me. I was chosen to be here I was wanted. That made me feel good to be wanted that much and needed that much. It turned my whole perspective around. Why would anyone wish to dwell on the negative things when there are so many positive ones you can think of. "He said seriously. "I guess that makes me sound foolish doesn't it?" He asks softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan shrugged. "I think it's cool," he replied honestly. I'shan had once been positive and upbeat, but recent events were tugging hard on his fragile heart. He liked to see someone young and enthusiastic, who hadn't yet been tainted by the ugly parts of life. If Seijin was both strong and lucky, he could perhaps escape the clutches of darkness. I'shan had been lucky for a long time, but he was not strong.

"You know...you said you were a tanner, right?" I'shan asked, suddenly raising one hopeful eyebrow. He had a nice jacket that he'd brought from up north. He'd worn it only sparingly over the turns, but he'd managed to rip it just the same. He doubted mending it would fall into a tanner's skillset, but maybe he would get lucky with this kid. He sure seemed nice and eager to extend kindness to others, and if I'shan needed anything, it was kindness. "I have a leather jacket that needs mending...I don't know if that's something you can do, but I'd gladly find some way to pay you for it." With what, he had no idea.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded "That's right I'm a Tanner. My passion is colors but I can mend with the best. And I may even be able to make you a spare jacket if its a style that I am familiar with.  " Seijin smiled softly. "Is it a very big tear. " Seijin already thinking about what method he could us. "you don't have to pay me its my job to take care of leather needs of the riders. And besides your a friend. Friends do not have to pay friends for doing things for them. "

Seijin smiled softly at I'shan. "Maybe do a  jacket in blue for you to match your lovely. I'm working on several shades of blue trying to find just the right one. I'm hopeing that they will  become popular  at least for social gathers and such. After all colors are one of my hobbies though i know they not as popular here as they are back home. But if you are interest I can work on it as soon as I mend the original."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan beamed. That was the best news he'd heard all day! "Oh, thank you!" he purred, thinking back on how frustrated he'd been the night he tore it. Of course, it was a miracle that he'd managed to keep it in such good shape for such a long time. A new one would probably make more sense, but I'shan wasn't willing to ask for something like that out of the blue. He quickly turned towards Seijin and made a gesture with one hand, indicating the size of the hole. "It's about this big. Half the length of my hand, I guess...nothing massive, but I'm scared to wear it or try to fix it or anything, since it's big enough that if I screw up or rip it more, it's pretty much game over..."

The bluerider's enthusiasm was accompanied by a new presence. A foreign consciousness brushed against Seijin's mind, projecting an image of a handsome, cloud-spattered blue dragon. I'shan saw the image as well and immediately smirked, understanding without asking that Ilveriath had revealed himself to the young man. He would love that Ilveriath said privately to the young man, knowing that I'shan was being modest.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin beamed in excitement both at having a job to do  the mending the the  well loved jacket but also the prospect of making a new jacket in one of the new colors he was working on. He had to smile the blue he could match up completely with the lovely blue he saw in his mind. "He's beautiful."Seijin's hand  rested against his heart as he experienced something he wasn't sure he was every going to and it was a magical moment.  The touch while foreign to his mind was  soothing and nice he had never felt the touch before but it didn't frighten him or make him uneasy  it felt  just right.  "Thank you " He whispered quietly though he knew the dragon probably didn't hear him.

"You should just bring the jacket to the craft-hall when you have a free moment and I can do you measurements for the new one at the same time. I know the perfect color for it as well. It will be wonderful.  Since I have no pressing assignments at this time I can make it a priority. " He promised softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan raised a brow, an amused smile appearing on the corners of his lips. Who was beautiful?

Me, of course Ilveriath said, mindvoice heavy with pleasant humor. The blue projected his warmth to both of him, pleased by the entire exchange, before withdrawing. I'shan laughed lightly. Of course it's you he purred back.

"He's flattered," the bluerider said afterwards. "Ilv likes to play it cool, but he's actually a sucker for attention. Scratch under his chin and you've got him under your thumb for good," the rider said, eyes shining. "And wow, really? That's pretty cool of you! I don't have anything to do this afternoon, so it's whatever you find convenient," he said. He felt a sudden jitter of excitement. Maybe a nice new coat would get him noticed by N'gelt again? By anyone?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin jumped up " Well then  I've finished eating and if your done as well then we can head to the crafthall now and take the jacket and get measurements and I can get started right away. Seijin smiled brightly. He was enjoying this blue riders company and growing quite fond of him in this short time.  Seijin was truely relax around him like he has been with no one else around. Probably cause he found him so easy to talk to.  "He deserves all the attention he can get I am quite sure of that. It would be a honor to scratch his chin. I'm sure its a hard place to reach."

Seijin put the vision he saw of Ilveriath forward in his mind. He wanted to attempt to  find a color that would suit I'shan but  also compliment Ilveriath's hide.  He was sure he knew the perfect color. One he had been working long and hard on.  " I have a new shade I've been working on  so I'd like to show you a sample to see if you like it."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ooh!

I'shan jumped to his feet as well. "I'm done," he offered cheerfully, face splitting into a stupid grin. He wasn't actually quite finished, but running off to show Ilveriath off and discuss a new jacket was much more exciting than finishing the last few bites on his plate! The bluerider beamed, taking a quick step back from the table before motioning gracefully for Seijin to follow.

"And don't even worry. Ilv will make sure you can reach," the bluerider noted as he strolled towards the door. Outside, Ilveriath sat curled in the grass, dignified and waiting for them. The blue stretched his wings and lazily climbed to his feet, not unlike a feline, and pushed his snout towards them. Hello he sighed contentedly. I'shan smiled and reached out to stroke the beast's neck.

"Say kid, how would like like a ride over to the craft hall, then?" the bluerider offered, the idea coming to him like a sudden gust of wind. This kid seemed enthusiastic, and if I'shan could kindle just one of these stolen's love of dragons, then maybe he could make up just a little bit for the wrongs he'd committed.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin grinned as he follows I'shan out the door and to the outside. He had to smile up at the dragon. "wow he's magnificent." He said when he finally saw him with his own eyes " and such a stunning color as well. " He said in complete awe. He reached out his hand carefully and was glad that the blue lowered his neck enough that he could reach. He scratched first softly softly  feeling the skin with his fingertips and then more vigorously.

His eyes widen a ride did he say a ride. It took a moment for his mind to catch up with his mouth after that. He would adore a ride. Oh his friend would be so flabbergasted  though if she saw him. Blues were her all time favorite dragon color. " Oh I would love to ride to the craft hall. That is it is alright with you and Ilveriath of course.  " He looked directly at the dragon. " would it be alright with you, Ilveriath?" He asked softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath purred lightly at the young man's touch. I'shan laughed, just as tickles as his dragon (probably because of his dragon) and hastily climbed onto the beast's neck. Ilveriath's riding straps were in place from earlier. The small blue didn't seem to mind wearing them, and after N'gelt's accident the previous turn, I'shan was not inclined to ever, ever fly without them again!

"It's fine with him," I'shan confirmed cheerily as he extended his hand. The blue lifted one foot to provide a step-up for Seijin. "How often do you ride, Seijin?" he asked, wondering if he'd need to go through the basic safety talk and blah blah blah boring.

Shards, it was just a short ride. Too short, even. I'shan smirked. Ilv, what do you say we give him a little bit of a whirl around the weyr? I'shan inquired. Ilveriath, who always loved flying, gave a sudden rumble of delight. I would like that very much

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin reached up and grasped  I'shan's hand  tightly in his as he used the step up that IIveriath provided for him. He stepped gently  not wanting to hurt the blue as he scrambled quickly to his back infront of  I'shan. " I've  ridden just  a few times, so far. " He admitted softly.  He didn't have much experience dragonback but he knew some of the basics since he usually only goes on very short trips.

"I know the biggest and most important rule  hold on and always listen to the rider and his dragon. " Seijin replied with a smile. Seijin moved closer to I'shan last thing he would want to ever do is fall off a dragon during flight that would be the scariest thing.  But he trusted the rider and dragon with his life so he wasn't afraid.  He never was afraid when he ever ridden before  not even the very first time he was pulled up a dragons back to  come here a few turns ago.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan pulled the young man into position in front of him, carefully strapping the boy in before wrapping both arms around his waist. "Hold still and hang on tight, okay? Ilveriath and I won't let you fall. If he starts to turn and you feel me lean, lean slightly in the same direction and you'll keep your balance better," I'shan instructed lightly. "Don't worry, though. Even if you do start to lose your balance, I've got you."

I'shan peeled the flight goggles from around his neck and put them around Seijin's. "Here. Wear this to protect your eyes! I don't need them," the bluerider said. He winked, then gave Ilveriath a slap on the neck. "You ready, boy? Lets go!"

Ilveriath purred and took off. His thin body shot easily into the cool air, wide wings catching him and carrying him off across the sky. The dragon's wings pumped smoothly, taking his passengers higher and higher. I'shan didn't need his goggles to protect his eyes from the wind. He instead closed them, watching through Ilveriath's as the dragon banked into a wide turn...moving away from the craft hall.

I'shan's laughter was mostly lost on the breeze. Ilveriath wheeled and swooped, giving his passengers an exciting but still smooth ride as he traced his path along the sky. After twenty minutes or so, the blue finally turned and sailed back to the craft hall. He landed lightly outside and lowered his neck, eyes swirling blue.

I'shan quickly unstrapped Seijin before leaping down himself. He held out a hand to help the boy down. "Sooooo? Whatcha think?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin let I'shan guide him into the the spot in front of him and  watched carefully as he strapped him in.  He felt the warmth as his arms wrapped around him and smiled softly. He listened carefully to what I'shan said about leaning when he leaned. "Got it" He said softly as he accepted the goggles and put them on carefully. "I'm not worried I trust you I'shan.I trust IIveriath as well. I know you won't let me fall. " He said with complete faith.

Seijin  gave a quick intake of breath as  IIveritath took off. His stomach always dropped when a dragon took off and landed probably cause he wasn't used to it.  He held on tightly and moved closer to  I'shan's warmth unconsciously. He felt totally safe and secure in his arms.  He looked around the goggles letting him see much better this time.  " This is great" He said excitedly the words almost lost in the wind.  He made sure to move as I'shan did when IIveriath banked the wide turn. He had to blush softly he never had such a enjoyable ride before.  He was almost sorry to see it end as IIveriath finally landed outside the craft hall.  He waited till  I'shan safely unstrapped him and got down and then reached for his hand and slid down from IIveriath's back. "It was as magnificent and majestic as IIveriath is. It was simply wonderful I've never experienced and flight quite like that. I felt perfectly at home up there this time. I've never felt that before. As if we were being floated  by the air. Makes me  wish I had a beautiful dragon of my own to sore in the sky with. That's how its suppose to be to feel safe and secure and be able to admire the world around you to the fullest. "

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)