World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Unpleasant memories

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Seeing Talian's surprise at his apology was reward enough. A long moment past before anything happened. The smile Sanderon now saw on the healers face was not fake. It looked sincere and it caused his own lips to twitch up as well.

He couldn't hold his smile for long without it feeling forced so he relaxed and listened as Talian spoke in a soft voice. His professional demeanor seemed to have disappeared. Sanderon did not know what to make of it. It seemed like a nice thing though. It seemed 'real'.

When it was clarified that Talian did not call Sanderon himself stupid, a very old expression that had not been there for over a turn surfaced. His old signature expression, the half-smirk, came to his lips as his face and eyes lit up with the kind humor he suddenly felt. Sadly like his brief smile before, this did not last very long before it too faded. For one moment though Talian might have seen a glimpse of the old Sanderon peeking through.

"I'm not too thrilled with their methods either. Believe me." He mumbled. "If they took me for my skills, they better start using them or I'll..."

His face cracked into a sudden smile. "...I'll go crazy." He finished what he was going to say. "Guess that already happened." He shook his head and sobered up when Talian continued to speak.

He was silently relieved that Talian would not tell the weyrleader of his plans. But Talian's refusal to consider that maybe Sanderon would be a lot safer than he gave him credit for was tiring. He understood where Talian was coming from though. The jungles were extremely dangerous and made the Deep Wood back home a child's playground. But he had the training to survive. He knew he could do it. It would not be easy and like Talian said, it would not be 'safe'. But Sanderon would much rather deal with the jungle than his tormentors who were even now probably plotting mischief against him back at the weyr.

He did not say such things to Talian though. What he did now was listen...and think very deeply about what the Healer had been saying.

A long silence lay between them now, as he rubbed the scratched knuckles of one hand absent-mindedly. His mind remembered everything he had been through since his capture up until this very moment. He analyzed his actions, experiences, and options in each case. He thought about his options now. Many emotions floated across his face while he thought and they finally stayed upon a quiet determination. With this expression firmly in place, Sanderon looked up to Talian and spoke with resolution in his voice.

"I would make a promise to you. Before I tell you what it is, let me say that I never make promises I don't intend to keep." He paused to let that sink in before continuing.  "If it is agreed upon, I promise not to seek a life outside of the weyr if I can be allowed to hunt. My family," He paused, suddenly feeling like a traitor for revealing his life to Talian. "...my family always does something special to acknowledge accomplished hunters. If my hunt was successful that day, there was a good chance they might have done something for me. Not being able to hunt at all now...makes all of my life seem like a waste." He closed his eyes tight for a moment as his heart clenched with the misery his words caused him. He needed this more than anyone might ever realize. Giving up his freedom in a solemn promise just to be allowed to hunt should give Talian some indication of its importance to him.

He had not spoken about his level of talent to anyone here. But it was a very important step in his life to be acknowledged in some sort of way for being good, even if it was just a simple pat on the back. He did not feel he could move on here without being allowed to hunt.

When his heart stopped hurting so much from revealing a very important part of himself to Talian, he glanced to the beautiful flowers on the table again and commented carefully as if sharing an afterthought, "I would hunt as often as they wished. I'd even help train others too if they wanted. It is not just my craft. It is who I am. Denying me my craft.... Well, it doesn't feel too good. "

He shrugged off his own words so that Talian might not see him as a whining brat. Truth was, being denied his hunting was the same as being denied a large part of himself. He needed to hunt, just like a fish needed to swim. And not being able to do so hurt a whole lot more than he would let himself show.

It was a lot to throw upon the Healer all at once. Sanderon knew that. He only hoped that what he had just asked of the man would not be taken lightly.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Unpleasant memories - by T'lian - 31.Aug.12, 09:04 PM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by Sanderon - 31.Aug.12, 09:48 PM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by T'lian - 31.Aug.12, 10:53 PM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by Sanderon - 31.Aug.12, 11:32 PM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by T'lian - 01.Sep.12, 12:17 AM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by Sanderon - 01.Sep.12, 01:36 AM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by T'lian - 01.Sep.12, 10:09 AM
Re: Unpleasant memories - by Sanderon - 01.Sep.12, 06:28 PM