World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 744.12.05 | The Unsexiest of Repercussions
4pm | Qoriene

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Thanks to spending the morning plucking mushrooms from the manure garden of despair, Orgailian smelled like the chamber pots he helped empty every other day from the lower caverns. Thankfully, the two slop buckets he currently carried from the kitchen out into the cool late afternoon with the setting sun were only filled with the vegetable peelings from the dinner prep. He wasn't even given the task of pushing the wheelbarrow. That would have been too kind or easy, and Orgailian suspected, too sexy.

It had taken several days after S'far doled out the punishment to realise that he had been given the most disgusting tasks that were also hard to make look good. if he had been given the task of mucking the stables, that could have been done sexily--Orgailian knew that for a fact from having watched Fetch do it a few times. But no, he got to dig through shit in a dark room, carry other people's shit to the dragon removal area, and lug buckets of fragrant bits of veggies to the cattle pens across the Weyr.

He had never pegged S'far as being so cruel.

He couldn't even attempt to make the tasks look good by removing his shirt because winter was settling into Telgar nicely. Sure, most of its residents didn't seem to mind and only wore long sleeves or perhaps a thicker sweater, but Orgailian was still on the slender side and acclimatized to Igen and Ista. Telgar was cold, and therefore he was in the thickest sweater he could find that wasn't his and he wouldn't care if it was stained by anything he carried, a scarf wrapped around his neck, and gloves covering his aching hands.

He puffed out a sigh of annoyance as the buckets were set down and the gloves adjusted. He was halfway across the Bowl, though his destination still seemed like it was as far off as Fort. This was his third trip across the lands because the oh-so charming kitchen staff decided to prep a stew for tomorrow's meal on top of the boiled potatoes he'd soon be eating in that night's dinner.

As he was about to grab the pails once more, he swore it sounded like someone was approaching him. With another sigh, Orgailian silently swore that if it was another sibling coming to apologise for the tasks (T'ryn), to cheer him up (Zor), to bond over their misery (Mylorah), or try to offer to help (Wynera), he'd possibly find out what the punishment was for murder. Instead, his glance behind him spotted Qoriene and he wasn't sure if that was any better.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
723.09.23, 21
Height
5'3
Eyes
brown
Build
petite
Hair
short brown

Threads

Written By: halyonix
"Oh, don't you look just miserable," Qorienne said with a chuckle.

Her expression had its usual twist of a flirty smile, her shirt cut with a deep V that would have been pitifully inadequate against the cold if she hadn't draped a thick shawl over her shoulders, and her hands, which usually would have been slipped into her pockets casually, were carrying two steaming mugs. Her flirty smile turned into an outright grin as she neared and said, "I brought you something. Hot chocolate with those little marshmallow things." She offered him one of the mugs.

"Or we can wait until you drop those off and you can take a break not out in the full view of others watching you not work through your punishment," she added with a nod towards the pails. She wrinkled her nose, possibly because of the smell from them or the smell from him, who knew. And there was no way that Qori was going to pick up the pails and help him. She was thoroughly enjoying watching him get dirty in all the worst ways. Served him right for getting into a fight. Gail was lucky that he hadn't gotten kicked out of the Weyr for it.

"Your call," she said as her stance shifted into one waiting for his response as her brown firelizard, Kind, appeared just behind her shoulder to see what was going on.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

"Not miserable; just cold," Orgailian countered with the toothiest grin he could fake, showing just how happy he was to be Telgar Weyr's bitch for another day. Yet, despite his annoyance at Qori's desire to tease him, her peace offering of hot chocolate worked and his smile defrosted into a slightly more genuine one. Although it dropped entirely at the reminder that anyone--including Qori--could be a spy for S'far and he rolled his eyes before picking up his buckets.

"I still don't get your resilience to the cold. You were born and raised in the same locations as me," Orgailian decided if he couldn't drink the cocoa just yet, he could distract himself with a little walk and talk. It hadn't escaped his notice that his friend was wearing her usual deep V of a neckline despite the weather. Sure, he appreciated the view but it almost made him shiver on Qori's behalf. The teasing glances of her exquisite curves were both tantalizing but also pointed out that perhaps that their body types had a lot to do with their cold-coping skills. However, he wasn't about to point out his observation and risk a mug of hot chocolate tossed at his face due to a misunderstanding. He'd already learned from Nonalia that making fun of his own scrawny size in comparison to the woman he was conversing with, didn't always go over well.

It didn't take long to reach the pens now that he had delicious motivation, and Orgailian happily dumped the contents of the buckets onto the pile. He'd still have to bring them back to the kitchen, but that could wait. This was his last trip of the day so a rush back wasn't needed. He ushered Qoriene back out of the room and down a little ways to a spot that was out of the way enough of anyone else still working where they could sit and hang out. He almost turned the pails over to use as seats, but the ground was still warm enough and didn't have any snow so he simply plopped himself down and made grabby hands for the drink--with a 'please' tacked on when it looked like Qori wouldn't share after all.

He ignored the marshmallows for the moment to have a long sip of the drink that was still hot and Orgailian moaned in happiness, eyes sliding shut, as he enjoyed the warmth spreading through his body. "Hot chocolate currently ranks higher than sex on the list of the best things ever. This exact moment may also be number one for the year."

Date of Birth
723.09.23, 21
Height
5'3
Eyes
brown
Build
petite
Hair
short brown

Threads

"Spite," she answered impishly to his remark about her resistance to cold. Yes, a part of her was cold and if she had to stay out there longer than an hour, there would be a problem, but she didn't intend to stay that long and she certainly wasn't going to let Orgailian know that she had a limit. Mystery and all that.

She didn't make any snarky comments as they walked towards the pens, though she did fall a step behind to enjoy the um...view...as they walked. He reeked though so unless he got those clothes off and got a shower first, she wasn't going to be making any overtures. Qori didn't mind getting messy -- she minded certain types of it though. And mud mixed with whatever Gail was hauling wasn't it.

He plopped down and made grabby hands for the drink. She lifted an eyebrow and he said, "Please," which made her laugh. She handed him one of the mugs and then sat down next to him, one leg extended, the other propped up so she could rest her elbow on it. At his comment on how hot chocolate was currently outranking sex, she laughed again. "That's some high praise," she replied. She took her own sip. "But not off by too much," she added. "It is pretty damn good stuff. Especially given the weather." He was definitely right in his assessment, though Qori would probably still have ranked sex higher.

They enjoyed a few sips in silence before Qori asked, "Okay, so I've heard everyone else's side of the story but yours. How the fuck did you end up in this mess this time?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Orgailian slurped up a marshmallow and gave Qori the side eye when she finally broke the quiet between them. "'This time' implies I have a track record," which he certainly did not. Mostly. He wasn't one to fight and even his snarky comments didn't piss too many people off to warrant a punishment on the regular. The occasional reminder to watch his mouth when speaking to those ranked higher than him, aka nearly everyone, and then he was set free again. This time, he had leapt clear over that line and kept on running.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance at having to explain himself yet again, though he knew getting his side out wasn't going to hurt him. "I entered the dining hall and some asshole told me Wynera sucks cock like a good little whore. I think he was saying something about learning from Casa but I was already swinging and my fist cut him off. Somewhere along the way I realised he was a bluerider and that's why I'm hauling shit everywhere. S'far said he was disappointed in me, then said dragons finding their mates is more important than sending me home, and then he put me to work."

Another marshmallow was sucked up and Orgailian let it dissolve on his tongue. There was nothing else to say about the event, unless Qori wanted to hear about how sore both fists were and how awful that made his first day of punishment. It probably also wouldn't help his case with anyone believing he learned his lesson to know how he smirked at the bastard two days later when he saw how his face was covered in bruises. Orgailian only had one on his face and a sore jaw from the couple of lucky strikes he didn't dodge, but seeing the result of his rather pathetic wailing on the man was an ego booster.

Date of Birth
723.09.23, 21
Height
5'3
Eyes
brown
Build
petite
Hair
short brown

Threads

Qori returned his side eye with a knowing smirk that peeked just over the rim of her cup. "You have a track record, yes," she answered, "but not for fighting. Which is why this is such an interesting turn of events." The bit of that was said with a teasing lightheartedness that was almost aggravating.

When he clicked his tongue in annoyance, she almost gave him a raised eyebrow, a silent counter to his defiance. Almost. But because he continued talking, she didn't push him. She took a long sip of her hot chocolate while he explained his side of the story. And began sputtering when she put together the consequences of the event. She swallowed quickly and then began chuckling.

"Oh, Gail, you wonderful, stupid, lovable jerk," she said, wiping one eye. "I mean, I don't blame you for throwing a punch. I would have done the same for sure. If I gave a shit about my siblings. But you -- whew, well I'm sure that took it to a new level. Thank Faranth S'far showed some foresight and didn't kick you out. You'd be a terrible addition to a Hold." The last bit was definitely teasing. Orgailian would wreak havoc at a Hold even quicker than a Weyr.

Qori took another sip. "You know Casa and Wynera can take of their own honor, right?" she pointed out. "Not saying you shouldn't defend them against assholes but pretty sure they can throw their own punches too. S'far sure as shit isn't going to make a goldrider do dirty work. Not if he wants to keep his balls." Personally, Qori thought that S'far was trying too hard at being the stereotypical Weyrleader but she wasn't going to say a sharding thing there.

She finished her latest sip and asked, "So how long are you on shit-carrying duty?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Orgalian gave a little secretive smirk behind his mug as Qori pointed out his failings. Sure, most Holds would likely burn him at the stake after he made his way through a vast portion of them, but he would be an amazing fit at Igen Hold--something he knew from personal experience. If a dragon wasn't meant for him, he supposed he could always fall back on being a pliable sex toy for the Lord Holder. As fun as that was, he oddly did still kind of want to keep trying for a life mate first.

"I'm not at all worried about Casa's honour and neither is she. She doesn't seem to care what people say about her and sometimes I think she actively encourages it." He didn't mind that particular sister and they got along well in regards to their loose morals, but he didn't really spend much time with her outside of parties. "Wynera, however... she's too sweet and hates violence and blood, so I'm not sure she would do anything. Maybe scowl at the bully and then not tell anyone because..." Orgailian paused to give a dramatic sigh because his friend was right. "She wouldn't want us to fight for her. That's your one freebie of me admitting you're right. Don't expect more."

The last marshmallow was sucked up with a swig of hot chocolate to chase it down. The answer to Qori's next question wasn't hard, but Orgailian still hesitated, trying to figure out the exact number of days left in his torture. It already felt like weeks, even months, had passed so it was too hard to count and instead he went with the easiest reply. "The day before the Touching. Assuming I don't die from being overworked first. The odds are currently fifty-fifty so I wouldn't place any bets yet."

Date of Birth
723.09.23, 21
Height
5'3
Eyes
brown
Build
petite
Hair
short brown

Threads

She listened to him talk about his sisters and used the opportunity to take another sip herself. It was truly too bad that hot chocolate was a wintry drink. The decadence of it was incredible. Boring people could go on about the need to have all things in moderation, can't appreciate the darkness without light, on and on, but Qorienne wouldn't be so upset if every day started with something as rich as this.

The admission being right on one point brought another knowing smirk. "A freebie!" she dramatically gasped. "Oh, I LOVE those!" She winked suggestively, smiled, and then took another sip. She gave him a moment to answer but wrinkled her nose when he said that his punishment would last until the Touching. "That's a little longer than I thought it would go for," she admitted seriously but her next words were flavored with impish dramatics again. "Oh, the delicate flower! Overworked, underpaid! Whatever shall become of him, our poor lad alone in the snow hauling manure? Will he ever find the love of his life?"

Qori giggled and playfully pushed his shoulder. "I volunteer to come keep you company on some of those days. Or at least give you someone to curse at fondly. Should be fun!" She took another swig at her drink. "What would be better is if we actually Impress at one of these. Getting carted around from Weyr to Weyr is getting old," she said.

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
03.08.723, 21
Height
6'0
Eyes
Blue
Build
Slim
Hair
Blonde, ear length

Threads

Orgailian shot Qoriene a scowl when she basked in his free admittance of her being right. Why did he put up with her again? Oh, right, because she put up with him. The older 'brat wasn't honestly that bad... unless she was trying to needle him further. "Leave the poetry and dramatizations to the Harpers," he grumbled with a roll of his eyes and a small smile as he was playfully shoulder-checked. He couldn't get mad over such remarks when he likely had a poem or two in his notebook along the same lines or a story told in such a manner. "Ugh, I wish I was somewhere writing instead of doing manual labour with a smell that will haunt me for life. At least fondly cursing at you is an acceptable alternate pastime."

He followed his friend's lead and had another drink of cocoa, finishing it off with another little moan of approval. The downside to Ista and Igen was not being able to enjoy hot chocolate like it was meant to be done in a cooler climate. "Hm? Oh, definitely." Perhaps he had been a bit too wrapped up in the pleasure of liquid chocolate, but Orgailian quickly caught up with the times and debated sharing a confession. Qori deserved it for being nicer about his whole situation than he honestly had thought she would be. "I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't Mylorah and Amagrith's Maiden clutch. I'd be happy to just stay in Igen and hope my dragon was also a heat lover, but I have too many damned siblings on shiny dragons and it's less of a headache to just travel and put in an appearance than listen to them whine for the next eight years."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)