World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 743.08.18 | A Rotten Day
3pm | T'ryn, et al

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan studied one of the pelts that T'ryn had brought back from his hunting trip prior to the Hatching. She'd already used the one that had been the most damaged to line a cozy baby carrier, and had plans for the rest of the pelts. At least she used to. K'dar hadn't said anything about it, she'd barely seen him in the past few weeks, but she couldn't imagine he'd still want a baby carrier of his own after-

Lady gave a delicate chirp before landing on her shoulder, which was at least some warning before Sir came in for a hard and sudden landing on her other side, huffing and hissing as he glared around. Once he was reasonably satisfied there were no sinister people about he gave her a reassuring headbutt as if to let her know he was there to make things better. The gold flitter was much more gentle about her affections with a much softer nuzzle and subdued soothing whistles and purrs.

"I'm fine, you two. I take it the twins are napping?" At the mention of the children, Lady sent a quick image of the two curled up and napping to confirm. It seemed early for a nap, at least until Cazan took a peek outside through Malvayth's eyes as she enjoyed her lazy sunning and cuddles with Taith. "Dammit I forgot to eat lunch." She got up from her bench, taking a break from her work to go to the adjoining weyr to check the kitchen for a snack of some sort.

She spotted a small basket of fruit on the counter of the kitchen and for a moment thought that maybe T'ryn had stopped by, but that didn't seem quite right. There was a tag that simply read, "From T'ryn," but that only left Cazan more confused. Had someone else delivered it for him? And if so, why did they just let themselves in after she missed their knocking? And if it was from her mate why hadn't he let her know while he was here or used a plate for that matter? She eyed the fruit curiously for a moment and decided that maybe it wasn't actually for her, but he was going to deliver it to someone and had left it here in the meantime for safe keeping.

Mal, could you ask Syrendryth to ask T'ryn who this fruit basket is for? I don't want to eat it if it's actually a gift for someone else. There was only a slight grumble from the gold about her Taith time being interrupted before she passed on the message. Thanks, Mal. I'd send Lady to send a message but I don't want to be too disruptive if he's in the middle of doing something for S'far. You should come out too after you're done so we can all have cuddles and naps! Maybe after I get something to eat. Caz eyed the fruit basket again, wondering if a single grape would really be missed if it wasn't actually for her.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
T’ryn was sitting alone at a little side desk in the Weyrsecond’s office with his chair pushed back enough that he could lean forward and rest his cheek on the smooth wooden surface. He was still reeling from the news that he was going to be a Weyrsecond in roughly six months. It had only been twenty-four hours ago that the news broke and no amount of begging S’far to reconsider had worked. It didn’t matter that he had done more work than the others in the program over the last several months with K’dar being injured and heartbroken or the fact that he loved paperwork and maybe sort of did enjoy being kept busy. It had never been his goal. Syrendryth constantly told him over the years he dreamed too small and maybe he had. If S’far believed in him and Cazan was proud of him for getting the promotion, then maybe he should believe in himself as well.

Malvayth is asking after a basket of fruit. Did you leave it for Cazan or are you gifting it to someone later? “What?” His dragon’s question was odd and left T’ryn confused but mostly because he wasn’t sure if he had left fruit out for Cazan that day. Everything had been a blur as he moved through his day without much thought into his actions. Prepping a light meal for his mate to find when she realised the hour was normal because he couldn’t always sneak away to bring her something personally. But he didn’t think he’d left fruit out for her. Not just fruit. A basket of it and it apparently says it’s from you.

T’ryn bolted up right. That definitely wasn’t something he would do. He always brought her food on plates and left it in her workshop to be found easily enough, no notes required. It’s not from me! Don’t let anyone touch it! I’m coming home! The fruit is not from T’ryn! Do not touch anything! Syrendryth didn’t waste time going through Malvayth as he spoke directly to Cazan. He felt T’ryn’s fear and knew what could come of any hesitation with so many little hands that could get into anything. T’ryn was out the door and running down the corridor to his home where he desperately hoped he wasn’t too late. Images of Parella dead on their floor haunted him as much as the attack on Cazan and Cazelarias did and now they were merging together and he didn’t know what he would do if he found her on the floor again.

“Cazan!” He started calling for her when he was still out in the hall, his fear growing and knowing he should prepare for the worst but that terrified him even more. “Zannie?” He called out again as soon as he was through the door, eyes frantically darting around the space until he saw her. There was a second of relief but he still didn’t know if she was safe and he closed the space between them without thought as his hands roamed her face, arms, head, everywhere he could touch to confirm she was real and okay. “Did anyone eat any of it? Smell? How do you feel?” Parella had only sniffed a flower, what if it was the same with the fruit?

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan was mostly managing to resist the allure of the fruit basket and the temptation of a single stolen grape. Somewhat. A little. She eyed the basket, decided that there really were enough grapes in there that just one would probably not be missed. And then she could start rummaging to find something a bit more substantial to eat.

She'd only just managed to pluck a grape when she heard Syrendryth's voice and immediately dropped the grape back into the basket before practically running to the washbasin to wash her hands. The spike of fear and the memories that shot through her sent Sir flying from her shoulder to go land by the basket, puffed up and crimson eyed as he glared around and hissed, circling the basket warily.

Are you okay?! Cazan could tell the gold was ready to begin screeching, and immediately responded, I think so. I think I'm fine. Her heart was pounding, she was almost feeling dizzy, but Lady gave a small gentle chirp and nuzzled at her cheek and Cazan forced herself to take a few deep breaths while she collected herself and tried to see past the moment of panic.

And then T'ryn was shouting and he was there and she took a moment to nod, just letting him get through his own touches and reassurances since it gave her more time to think. "I didn't. I was going to have a grape when Sy warned me. I dropped it back in the basket and washed my hands. Sir is... being Sir." Cazan gestured at the disgruntled flitter who was still occasionally hissing at the basket.

"I didn't sniff anything, just picked up one grape for a second," she said as she wrapped her own arms around T'ryn in a tight hug, taking a few deep breaths. "I'm so glad you've never made a fruit basket, I was confused, I thought it might have been a gift for someone else..." She choked back a sound that was half laughter half sob, pressing her face against her mate for a moment as she tried to think.

The twins were in the creche, but what if the killer was going to try to get them too? "T'ryn, what if something was delivered to the creche?" No sooner had she said it than Sir let out a low growl and popped off to go keep an eye on them. She could tell Lady was about to go too, but she gently reached up to stop her with a gentle hand on her back. "I'm going to go get them. We should tell S'far but I also don't want to keep the fruit around... should we just get rid of it or do you think the healers could use it for something?"

She felt a flare of protective rage from Sir and cringed as she pulled away. "Actually Lady go keep an eye on the twins so Sir can keep an eye on Yfris okay?" As soon as the gold had disappeared, Cazan sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. Hopefully spending time with his favorite man would help calm the bronze flitter down a bit, or at least keep him out of too much trouble. "I'm pretty sure he was already about to attack someone. I'll have Mal let the creche workers know I'm on the way, will you..." Caz's voice trailed off and she paused, turning to frown at the fruit basket. "I don't even want you to touch it. Will you get in touch with S'far and let him or a healer handle that? Mal will let you know when I'm on the way back."

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn winced when Cazan told him what Sir was about to get into but sending him to Yfris would help—both of them. Sir would hopefully not pick any fights and Yfris would hopefully be safe. What if he was a target as well or the fruit was for him? It was possible but it seemed unlikely, or at least the delivery of what had to be poison was. Yfris loved his drinks and getting to his bottles would be the best way to take the lordling out. “Syrendryth is already informing Urudith of everything but I think we should clear out everything, no matter how paranoid that makes me. All food, soaps, and even Yfris’ wine. I’ll personally go to a Hold and replace everything, though it might be tomorrow.” It was getting late into the day already and it would take time to clean out everything that could be contaminated and then help S’far however he needed it.

He lifted Cazan’s right hand and pressed his lips to her palm in a lingering kiss. It was an assumption on which hand she would have touched the grape with but it was her dominant one and even with her washing her hands immediately, he wanted to show her that he wasn’t worried while also sharing a tender moment in the beginnings of chaos. And if there was something on her skin, then they would suffer together. Do not think that way. We need you focused, not fatalistic. T’ryn gave a little smile that worked both for Cazan and his dragon’s stern order. He wasn’t meaning to be but the way K’dar was with his loss, T’ryn knew he would be a lot worse off if he lost Cazan and wasn’t sure he would survive it, even with Syrendryth and the twins with him.

“Would I be too overbearing and ridiculous if I offered to go with you? You were likely the target given the note and I don’t want to leave you alone. Sy can stay and watch over everything while we’re out.” He stopped and then sighed, knowing that while S’far saw family as important, T’ryn was also now officially in training to be Second and had to focus on the larger picture. “Or maybe Kor’is can help you while I wait for S’far and assist him and K’dar with this. Weyrsecond responsibilities…” T’ryn made himself stop thinking ahead and just do one thing at a time, which meant starting with a kiss to Cazan’s forehead. “Go get our babies and I’ll help you try to settle them back down for a nap.” Maybe he would wash their blocks while she was out so they would have at least one safe toy as a distraction as well.

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Cazan had a very brief moment of panic when T'ryn kissed her hand. Sure she'd washed it, but what if something had been left behind? What if he just got hurt again? But then, if that was the case she or the twins could easily have gotten hurt too. And the way that he was looking at her and smiled made her melt and throw her arms around him in a tight hug. "I love you. Please don't die while you're throwing things out. And... maybe don't throw out the wine so much as put it in a very secure area. That way if he's particularly attached for some reason it can be tested instead of tossed. And not tested by you."

She was sorely tempted to take him up on his offer, especially so she could keep an eye on him, but with Sy staying to help and S'far probably on the way it would be better to have Kor'is help instead. I think Taith is already asking. Okay, I'm going to just head on down, let him know he can catch up if he wants to, otherwise I'm just going to juggle them both and get them back home. You should probably just carry them, I think it would be faster. Caz nodded, partly to Mal and partly to her mate before giving him one more hug. "Not overbearing and ridiculous at all that you wanted to offer, and not distant and neglectful that you're staying here instead. I'll be back soon."

Caz gave him a quick kiss of her own before pulling away and heading towards the creche. Hopefully Kor'is wouldn't take too long to catch up, and hopefully he wouldn't be too cranky about it.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I know it's not High Reaches, but I'm actually okay with that. I'd taken..." K'dar paused to shake his head and clear out the thought before continuing, "it just makes me think of things I don't want to right now. Besides, it's too hot to do anything during the day in Igen anyway, so it just means I'll be able to sleep in even with all of the responsibilities that come with leading a Weyr." He pushed open the door to his new weyr and ushered Yfris inside only to be greeted by a flash of hissing bronze. Tibs responded in kind, his own wings flaring as he growled and hissed at the intruder.

At least it was just a brief confrontation before the charcoal marked flitter landed on the counter next to a basket of fruit, eyes still swirling red. "Hey buddy.... what's got you so pissed right now? I don't have the twins, Sir. And why do you have a little basket there?" The bronze flitter let out a low warning growl that was actually rather impressive for his size. Tibs tried to emulate it up on K'dar's shoulder. "Hey, now both of you-" The fruit is likely poisoned. K'dar grabbed onto Yfris's shoulder to keep him from trying to go near the basket.

"Hold on. What was that about poisoned fruit?" With a rumbling sigh, knowing that K'dar had only asked the question aloud so that his lordling would be at least half informed, Tiberuth addressed the both of them. Urudith just informed me that the basket may be full of poisoned fruit. Cazan just discovered a basket in her weyr that had a label from T'ryn. Only he didn't send any fruit to her. S'far also encountered a suspicious food item in his own weyr. He is on his way to your brother's weyr once he is done with a couple of matters.

K'dar frowned and walked to the basket, undeterred by Sir's hisses and snaps. "I just want to see who it's from, and then bring it with me. We won't eat any of it." Sir glared for a moment, pacing around, but as soon as he saw that the fruit remained untouched even as the basket was picked up he let out a soft huff and flew over to aggressively shower Yfris with nuzzles before settling down. Tibs eyed the basket curiously, venturing partway down K'dar's arm to get a better look at it before a flash of memory sent him skittering back up to curl around the man's neck instead.

"It was chocolates sent to my weyr that got her," he said with a growl of his own through gritted teeth. Breathe. You have to keep focused and productive right now. K'dar nodded, and after a few deep breaths he beckoned for Yfris to follow him. "You shouldn't stay here." At least it wasn't a long walk to his brother's weyr, and soon enough he was knocking before cracking the door open to cautiously look around.

He relaxed as soon as he saw T'ryn. "Oh good. Is everyone fine? Where is Cazan?" His brother didn't look nearly panicked enough for anything catastrophic to have happened just yet. K'dar lifted up his basket of fruit. "Someone sent this, says it's from you. Do we actually know if it's poisoned or not? It could possibly be a prank of some sort." He doubted it was though, and seeing the basket on T'ryn's counter made him frown even more as he considered another question. "Do we know how many of these are out there?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

He wasn’t panicked but he was definitely frustrated. He didn’t want to assume that only the fruit was likely poisoned so throwing out edibles and deep cleaning everything else made sense in an overly cautious and definitely paranoid way. But where did he start? The thought to clean a toy or two wasn’t even a good one anymore because the bucket of water in the kitchen might not be safe. But Cazan had washed her hands and still seemed okay and his own lips weren’t numb and he could still breathe fine. So maybe he could use that. But should he dump the water on the blocks instead of placing them in the bucket?

T’ryn was about to give a good growl of frustration when the knock startled him enough to stop glaring at the water and look up to see K’dar. Relief washed through him again at seeing another family member okay, but it was short-lived when he saw the basket and heard it was also from him. His frustration returned combined with anger which made him snap, “why don’t you try a piece and we’ll find out.” He instantly regretted it and sighed while rubbing his hands over his face. He was better than this! Keep the emotions inside so he could stay calm for everyone else’s benefit.

“I’m sorry, K’dar. You know I don’t mean that and it seems likely they’re unsafe in some way since that’s at least two given out now.” If it had only been to Cazan, then perhaps it could have been written off as a prank but two seemed a bit excessive for such a thing. “Oh, Cazan’s okay, just a little rattled. She’ll be back soon with Kor’is and the twins just in case they or the crèche are also targeted. But we don’t know if more have been given out and I don’t even know if we should warn goldriders and leaders or…” he leaned back against the counter, needing something to help keep him upright as the thought kept returning to him and was getting harder to ignore. But standing still also wasn’t helping and he pushed off so he could pace while talking out some of his thoughts.

“What if it’s personal? What if our family is being targeted? Why use my name? There’s a chance there could be more baskets out there and maybe the target’s loved one’s name is on those ones and I’m being self-centred on top of the paranoia.” But that didn’t feel right, not entirely. Cazan and K’dar fit into several overlapping categories so going off of just the two incidents of the moment made it hard to form a pattern. There was a pattern, however. This was likely the third time K’dar had been targeted recently, same with Cazan, though most were from a year ago. Throw in the attack on Orgailian and Zoremet not too long ago and Casa last year as well. Was it personal?

Movement caught his eye and T’ryn called out, “no! Sorry, Yfris, that was intense. We don’t know if your wine has been tampered with.” The utter devastation on the lordling’s face would have been comical under any other circumstance but T’ryn still managed a small smile and shake of his head. Yfris was going to have to find another coping mechanism or way to pass the time as T’ryn couldn’t actually tell if Yfris was bored or worried. At least Sir was calmer in the man’s arms and getting cooed at so that was one less thing to keep track of for the moment.

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

K'dar couldn't help but smile as T'ryn snapped at him and he walked over to give his brother a comforting pat before setting the fruit basket on the counter with the other things that looked like they were destined to be tossed. "It's fine, you're fine. Someone tried to hurt your mate, and I am so glad to hear she's fine." He didn't want his brother to have to experience that. He didn't have time to really dwell though, especially as Tiberuth provided an update. Urudith sends word. The suspicious items that S'far found are confirmed to be poisoned. He found some way to check it seems.

The bronze didn't bother to mention he'd also checked in with Neryseth in person, assuming his rider had the sense to know he would. "So S'far found something poisoned in his weyr too. Mulrissa and Lassalla already know what's going on I think, but I don't know if we should start sending out a general alarm yet or if that would create a panic or cause whoever is doing this to do something worse if they haven't finished." K'dar frowned, cracking his knuckles as he eyed the basket. "I'm also worried that it has your name written on it specifically. I don't want anyone to think you're a murderer."

And as much as he hated to admit it, what T'ryn was saying made sense. "It could be personal, though I don't know why. Your name was on my basket too. I guess we'll find out if whatever S'far got had a name on it when he gets here." Sure, he could have gotten Tiberuth to ask Urudith, but with the weyrleader already on the way it didn't seem necessary. In the meantime he mulled over the attacks again. "Cazan hit her attacker last year, right? And Sir attacked him too?" The flitter in question let out a proud chirp from where he was lounging in Yfris's arms. Tibs huffed softly, trying to get a better feel for his master's opinions and feelings on the matter as he warily eyed the other bronze.

K'dar reached up to gently soothe his little companion as he thought about it. "If it's the same killer as last year, then there was that, then also Zory and Pit interrupting the attack on Gail. Maybe whoever it is just hates flitters, or takes setbacks really personally." He didn't want to say it aloud, mostly because he didn't want to feel like the sort of stubborn person who thought people were only as good as the color of their dragon, but he almost thought it made the brownrider theory from the prior year seem even more plausible.

But there were just so many attacks, so many attempts. "Though I'm not even sure it's just one person honestly. Do you think we should send a flitter out to the other siblings just in case or do you think it's too soon?"

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn only nodded at hearing the Weyrwoman and her junior were informed. He assumed as much with Lasalla but knew Syrendryth had alerted Bedith soon after speaking with Urudith. His dragon took being mated as seriously as he did, though T’ryn also suspected Syrendryth also had a fear of Malvayth getting promoted to Weyrwoman one day so Bedith and Mulrissa’s health was extremely important to him. Syrendryth grumbled and made a comment but T’ryn was too used to them and ignored it in favour of pacing and thinking about how to connect dots.

S’far receiving an item only added to the shiny hides being targeted theory but there did seem to be multiple reasons still. He nodded again as K’dar started voicing aloud the attacks on their siblings as he started rummaging through drawers of his desk. Since the twins became mobile with lightning quick hands, T’ryn had learned the value of heavy drawers for filing his various projects instead of leaving them tucked into folders in neat piles on top of the desk. He could tell he was still a bit panicked because he only remembered now that he had written down all the victims and had sorted them into categories he thought made sense a while ago.

The family theory kept getting shoved aside but maybe it wasn’t arrogance that kept bringing it back up. He added K’dar and Cazan’s names along with the date, Weyr, and what it was onto the family list as well as the ones for bronze and gold and leaders. Both were new additions to the leader list given both had recent promotions—Cazan’s being as fresh as his own. He frowned further as he added S’far to his appropriate lists and then stepped back to stare at them all at once. Maybe they should warn the rest of the family just in case? K’dar said that a bit ago. You need to be able to think and still be present if you’re to succeed as Second. This isn’t like you. It wasn’t like him because he was clearly too close to the issue. The thought that he could have found Cazan dying on the floor again had rattled him deeply and he was still fighting the urge to just hold her and never let go again.

Now what was it K’dar had said? Right, making announcements. “I don’t think we should make a public announcement until we know more. Look at my own counter. We can’t afford such a food loss on a Weyr-wide level. Once we know a little more, we can announce what to look for. But that does mean we should be quicker with looking into things.” They were wasting time standing around his weyr while they waited for people to come to them. But he didn’t want to act too rashly without S’far’s input first. “I’ll write some letters for Lady to deliver to the Ista crew while we wait. Syrendryth will alert Ayyonth. Anyone else?” He asked the last as he pulled out a fresh sheet to cut down into smaller sizes for his brief messages that would be easier for Lady to handle when he froze. “Mylorah! The entire weyrling barracks could be in danger if she’s a target.”

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

I don't like this at all. Of course you don't, old man, you're not psychotic. Without missing a beat, S'far gave Cazan and Kor'is bright smiles as he reached for the door to T'ryn's weyr. "Ah, allow me, after you both. Good to see you're all doing well." It really was a relief. Sure the goldrider looked a bit frazzled, but the twins seemed healthy enough, with Vayren already trying to reach up to yank on some hair. Or was that Carynza? Does it matter? They aren't yours and we have matters to attend to. The weyrling barracks has healers running that way and there is some confusing news that L'ri might know... something.

Well that was interesting. S'far had Urudith make a few more specific inquiries before he closed the door behind him once everyone was inside. Unable to resist an earlier pun he'd thought of, he gave T'ryn a small smile. "So what's this I hear about you T'ryn to kill people?" It was so easy to twist how he said the name to sound more like trying that it almost didn't seem fair, so he added a little bit more for good measure. "Are you some sort of basket case? Because something terrible is clearly a-fruit."

With that over and Cazan and the twins settling a little further away he much more seriously added, "Now seriously, I've just gotten word that there are healers on their way to the weyrling barracks. Find out what that Harper knows while you're there!" That last bit he had to shout as K'dar had already started to move to go check on his sister. Good thing he'd told his pun at the beginning so that his second could appreciate it.

After a quick glance at T'ryn, S'far added, "The healers were able to get there quite promptly, and it seems that L'ri even had some sort of antidote at his disposal to share and tell the healers about. I've had Urudith making inquiries. Now, I was going to have the fruit tested, but it seems some intrepid weyrlings did that for us. And since we now have more than two baskets labeled as being from you, I think it's safe to say we should reach out to the leadership of the other Weyrs in case this goes beyond ours. I can't have anyone thinking my new second is a murderer. I've already got drafts written up just to inform that there were poisoning attempts, but I only wrote down what I knew about the cookies that Mulrissa and I found in our weyrs."

With a tired sigh, he pulled the folded bits of paper out of his pocket, spreading them out on an empty bit of counter before eyeing the food piled up on it. "Have you tested any of that or are you just playing it safe? I still have a few rats left over." This was so frustrating and exhausting. At least he was fine though, his golds hadn't been hurt yet, and neither had his son. Hopefully the healers weren't being fools in their optimism for the weyrlings' odds of recovery, especially with Ch'es... Urudith's voice dryly popped into his head, And don't forget Lord Igen's nephew, the one he is coming to visit any day now.

S'far let out a frustrated growl and rubbed his temples at the reminder. "T'ryn, we have a guest coming to the Weyr soon that already made arrangements and won't be easy to turn away. So if anyone other than a Lord and his retinue try to visit the Weyr, have the watch question them thoroughly and turn them away if they are not related to a victim, not a healer, or don't have any business concerns. If you can think of any other reasons to allow someone in feel free to add those."

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T’ryn wasn’t prepared for S’far’s punny entrance, though he knew it was likely but mostly hoped the situation would stop it from happening. He made a higher pitched noise borne from being assaulted by three he knew were definitely intentional this time. But it was the one with his name that bothered him the most and earned the reaction. “My name works better as a visual pun, sir,” he pointed out, knowing he would see it regularly in any written correspondence they had from that point on. Something to look forward to once they made it through the current issue.

He went over to his family to kiss the cheeks of Cazan and their children. Despite some of his sexual antics, he really did prefer to behave in front of guests, especially his boss. He also knew it wasn’t the time to fuss over them and that they would even be fine with Kor’is lending his half-hearted hand. It was a good distraction from the news about the weyrlings and it saved him from running out the door behind K’dar. If Mylorah had been poisoned, K’dar’s sheer determination to save her would likely do it. Either way, he’d report his findings soon enough and that left T’ryn to be under scrutiny from S’far.

Only he really wasn’t. S’far just stated facts and seemed to accept without question that he was innocent. To be fair, it was odd that he’d sign his name on items intended to kill his family. “Playing it safe. Logically I know it’s likely just the fruit but fear for my family wants me to throw out everything that can’t be washed.” A glance at his family showed Vayren was already getting fussy so he went to the boy and rescued Kor’is from dealing with a toddler that was tired but didn’t want to go back to sleep. T’ryn carried him in a one arm hold, bouncing him lightly as he went to his desk to write down the orders from S’far. Seemed simple enough and made sense. He added that Syrendryth would currently be the point of contact for any questions and concerns before signing his name and ‘incoming Weyrsecond’ under it. It took a little bit of juggling but he managed to fold the paper enough for Lady to deliver it to the watch with Syrendryth agreeing to check in soon to make sure they understood everything.

“I don’t know why my name is on the baskets,” T’ryn turned back to S’far, finally needing to clarify that he had nothing to do with the attack. “Did I do something to upset someone? Maybe the promotion?”

“Or,” Yfris piped up from where he sat near Cazan yet somehow still maintaining distance from Carynza, though Sir had taken up prowling between them. “It’s a copycat that knows you’re the original killer and is sending a message.” T’ryn just levelled a look at the lordling. “What? I’ve known the Lord of High Reaches and his brothers for most of my life.” The way he said it made it sound like that should mean something to all of them but at least for T’ryn, it didn’t. He also didn’t ask for further clarification because he suspected it would make his head hurt. Luckily Syrendryth saved him from finding a polite way to move on from that horrifying idea by relaying from Tiberuth that Mylorah was fine.

“Mylorah didn’t eat any fruit,” he rested his head against Vayren’s as the boy nestled into his neck and shoulder, seeming to prepare for another attempt at a nap. “Currently, Ch’es is unconscious and I’vens’ dragon is poisoned as well.” It wasn’t the best outcome they could have hoped for but it wasn’t the worst either. But it was a reminder that they needed to send out letters immediately. “I was going to write warnings to my siblings in Ista--”

Ayyonth isn’t in the Weyr but Larrikith is. B’jin is down with Healers on the way. With eyes wide and unseeing, T’ryn pulled out his desk chair and sat on it, automatically shushing Vayren when he stirred a little. “R’nd and B’jin received a basket. R’nd’s not in the Weyr but B’jin is… he ate some fruit and a Healer is on his way.”

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

"I know it's better as a written pun, but we must all work with what we have." S'far was mostly glad that T'ryn was possibly getting used to the puns, but not to the point that they didn't stop irking him at least ever so slightly. Maybe one day he'd transcend and fully accept his own role as a pun slinging father, and when that happened S'far hoped that the examples he provided were helpful. The mention of caution for the rest of the food made sense enough to him, he certainly had sent a warning to Sironar to not eat or use any sort of soap substance until he had time to go visit and check things. "I still have a couple of rats that are still alive that can be used as taste testers if you want. They're sequestered in a bucket for now in my office. There's a green flitter keeping an eye on them for me I think."

The lordling's contribution to the conversation earned him a look from the weyrleader, his eyebrow raised inquisitively. "Really. And what do you know about the Lord of High Reaches and his brothers then? Actually, I'll take a written synopsis, do send that in a timely manner." S'far turned his attention back to T'ryn as he considered. "I don't think it was the promotion itself. If it was the promotion then they were upset because it was you, and not because it wasn't them if that makes sense. As to you upsetting anyone..." his voice trailed off and he frowned for a moment. "T'ryn, I just want to state that I do not care about your personal relationships so long as they do not interfere with your work or the Weyr. That said... do any of your other sexual partners have jealous lovers or fanciers? Any ex partners who might be upset you've moved on?"

He already knew Cazan had some idea about her mate's activities or he wouldn't have said anything at all. In fact she didn't seem surprised so much as concerned about the possibility. S'far turned his focus back on his notes as he politely didn't pay too much attention to Cazan getting up to console her mate as he relayed the news about B'jin. He doubted either of them cared, but it just seemed like a personal moment and he wanted to intrude as little as possible.

This was getting out of hand though and he started to draft up a letter to the leaders of the other Weyrs, both to inform them of the current events as well as to potentially provide a warning, In Ista's case he also sent a request for updates on R'nd's other children. And then there was the matter of Lord Igen's nephew. "Yfris, do you think you would be up for entertaining and distracting a Lord? Or are you distressed enough that you would only upset Habraxel?"

T'ryn
of Bronze Syrendryth

Date of Birth
17.04.722, 22
Height
6'1
Eyes
Blue
Build
Lean, fit
Hair
Blonde, shorter

Threads

T'ryn heard Yfris saying something about oral and knew he didn't need to tune in for that and allowed himself a little longer to absorb the news. No one deserved to be poisoned but hadn't B'jin been through enough? And then there was R'nd, likely out picking up a treat for B'jin only to return and find out his mate could be on his deathbed again. It was becoming a lot clearer that his family was a target that day but he couldn't let his fear consume him. They would get word out to Ista in a moment, assuming it wasn't just a Telgar-specific attack or that they were too late. "I'm okay. For now," he added, knowing Cazan would see through the lie it was. "I'll do my duty first and then I'll worry while we hold each other later." If he was going to live up to everyone's belief that he could be Second, then he needed to act like one even in the midst of a personal crisis.

He carefully passed a sleeping Vayren back to his mother when Yfris whined about his wine but that he should be able to entertain a Lord without much issue. He had missed what the question was about but he'd be filled in later if he needed to know more as he still had to answer some interesting questions the news of B'jin had interrupted. Cazan knew it all anyway so he wasn't embarrassed to talk about it in front of her but it was a little awkward telling his Weyrleader. It was a solid idea, however, so he couldn't just brush it aside. "My only other lover is greenrider M'quel but she became a Healer to help stop the injuries her friends received and she's not the jealous sort. One of her lovers is bluerider Qu'va and he thought they had a deeper relationship than they do but he also wouldn't do anything like this from what I know of him." He left out D'hys since even though the man was scary and cold, everyone knew how committed to the well-being of dragons he was. T'ryn was also convinced that if D'hys wanted someone eliminated then he would do it a lot more quietly.

"I don't really have past lovers, sir, but there is Zelana. She was sad but understanding. She's also living with A'tay and I don't see her having a reason to target our family." T'ryn didn't mention Casa for obvious reasons but he also didn't think she would poison him or their siblings, even if she was still mad at him. He also knew N'mor wouldn't want to be mentioned and T'ryn would never add him to a list of suspects anyway.

"I can't really think of any other lovers of my lovers that would do it. Unless it's Yfris or Kor'is but let's be honest--it's too much work for either of them to bother with." He slid his gaze to the lordling and the man shrugged but didn't dispute the claim. They both knew he could put in the work when he absolutely had to but this was too elaborate and didn't seem to hold any direct benefit to him.

"Sir," the protective firelizard hissed and T'ryn ignored him. He would have to remember to watch how he addressed S'far when the little menace was around. "I have three brothers in Ista's Candidate barracks, another brother living there, and the Weyrwoman is my sister. Would it be quicker if I, or anyone you trust, go there in person? Syrendryth can contact Thallyath and Xyxyth as soon as we arrive and we can land by the barracks."

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far brushed off the lordling's objections to making a report. He'd been planning on gradually increasing the tasks he assigned to the man, piling things on little by little so that he wouldn't notice by the time he was consistently being a useful contributor to the Weyr's political dealings and administrative organization. Adding an extra task now wouldn't hurt. He watched Cazan taking the sleeping toddler to take him off to his crib before returning to take Carynza back from Kor'is.

At least T'ryn seemed to quite handily eliminate all of this being tied to some romantic nonsense. S'far nodded, giving Yfris and Kor'is only a brief glance as they were mentioned. No, neither of them really struck him as the sort, though the lordling perhaps knew someone who was capable of such things. He might have a private chat with him later. For now he got back to his messages to the other weyrs.

The Weyrleader was tempted to send out K'dar to Ista Weyr to check on things, and perhaps do a quick trip to the other Weyrs as well, but he appreciated the initiative that T'ryn was showing. He was going to be his Second soon enough, he may as well send him out. His current Second would be better served by different lessons anyway. So S'far gave a nod. "Go to Ista first, check on your siblings, give this letter to the Weyrleader and Weyrwoman. We'll send updates from our healers regarding potential treatment options if we have good results with our current patients. And if they already have patients of their own, any information they could share would be highly appreciated. Once you're done there check in with Fort and Benden too."

With the finishing touches added to the last of his letters S'far stacked them neatly and passed them over to the other bronzerider. "Take these, let the watch know to report to Uridith until you return." He didn't bother to stress the importance of moving quickly and not delaying too long with his family, he trusted T'ryn to keep focused.

He trusted Yfris a bit less though, and turned to him. "While I am relying upon you to entertain Lord Ista and his company, I feel I have to place some constraints upon you." S'far sighed and rubbed at the bridge of his nose for a moment and sighed. "Please just... be somewhat discreet at least. If you need space and privacy, I'll have one of the larger empty weyrs at your disposal." Knowing that was potentially opening a door to future use he quickly added, "And this is not permission to use that weyr for future parties. I expect you to keep me informed when you do intend to use it and why. Is that understood?"

Date of Birth
21.06.719, 25
Height
6'2
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, wavy

Threads

Yfris wasn't heartless. He knew most of T'ryn's family and liked them, had slept with most of them even! So he was worried for their well-being but he was also a bit bored--or maybe it was simply annoyed--and still sulking over his wine being untouchable at the moment. He was currently plotting revenge on S'far for making him write out what he knew about the High Reaches brothers. He was thinking of a brief bullet point list of simple facts like 'dangerous' and 'mostly harmless' to simply annoy the man before presenting a long winded explanation of the four men. If S'far thought he was getting himself out of listening to a lordling ramble, he was sorely mistaken. It would mean spending a little extra time writing everything out but Yfris was up to the task and would make a Master Harper bronzerider proud with the flourishes in his stories.

Oh, he was important again? Yfris quirked a brow at the Weyrleader and smiled as he waited for the man to find the right phrasing. The smile grew the more S’far spoke. He couldn’t get mad at everything that was being implied when Yfris had only shown him the drunk lordling that liked to party and fuck. He probably would have implied such tactics just for fun as well even though he would never try to seduce one of the Lords of the major Holds. It didn’t matter what was known as fact or what rumours implied about Habraxel either. Yfris would likely only have flirted lightly to keep his image intact while playing proper host with drinks and maybe a tour.

S’far didn’t need to know any of that and it was easier to simply pout at the Weyrleader at being denied future parties as well. That was fine. Ista’s weather was a lot nicer for such events. Besides, while he wouldn’t admit it to anyone, he liked keeping his wilder lifestyle from Cazan. She could be wild as well but she was one of the purer things in his life and he had corrupted her enough. And speaking of his dear wife, Yfris watched Cazan and T’ryn sneak in one final kiss before the bronzerider took off on his quests and the goldrider returned to the couch to sit between her other two men. Yfris wrapped an arm around her shoulders and turned his pout back to a smile. “Fully understood, my good leader of the Weyr. You can count on me.”

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

"Hopefully everyone's okay in Ista," Cazan managed to whisper softly before giving T'ryn a quick kiss to see him off. Carynza would hopefully be sleepy and settled in for bed with her brother by the time he came home, with Sir or Lady keeping an eye on them so that she could steal some of his focus while she felt a bit needy and terrified. They were trying to have another child in the middle of all of this, and that thought just made her wonder if she was insane for wondering if maybe that was why the attacks were happening. She'd been pregnant with the twins when things started to happen last year. Was she going to lose another eye? I won't let you. That wouldn't make you more of a pirate.

She wished she shared in her dragon's confidence. For now she just gently bounced her daughter before settling down on the couch between Yfris and Kor'is, taking some small comfort as her husband set an arm around her. The Weyrleader only gave Yfris a pointed look before saying something about how he looked forward to receiving Yfris's report in his office later before giving her a nod and bidding her farewell. Cazan gave him a nod in return. "Thank you for stopping by, Weyrleader." She was a bit too rattled to think of anything else to say, and once he was gone she frowned, her shoulders slumping even as she still held and gently cuddled her daughter.

"Is this a good idea? It can't be a good idea to keep trying to have another baby... What if I get attacked and stabbed again? What if he's ready for Sir this time? What if T'ryn or one of you gets hurt?" Cazan didn't want to use the word die, didn't want to tempt fate so directly, didn't want to even think about it as she was already starting to feel emotional just imagining Kor'is getting hurt and Taith's heartbreaking reaction or something happening to remove the free spirited and upbeat smile from Yfris's face. She gently rubbed Carynza's back as the bluerider rolled his eyes and said, "Your dedication to reproducing isn't that important to anyone outside of this weyr and the killer isn't planning his moves based on your cycle."

Cazan couldn't help but snort softly in amusement, gently rubbing her daughter's back. "That... thanks. And sorry for probably being a bit crazy. I'm just tired and worried." At least her daughter also finally seemed to be tired and was starting to drift off. "I'm going to put her to bed, then I want all of the cuddles when I get back until T'ryn gets here okay? And I'll probably need more cuddles then." She leaned over to give Kor'is a quick kiss before getting up to leave Carynza in Sir's vigilant care then went back to just go sprawl and cling as she tried to forget just how worried she was.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)