World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace
1pm | Mylorah

K'dar
of Bronze Tiberuth

Date of Birth
03.01.720, 25
Height
6'2"
Eyes
Light Brown
Build
fit, sadly less soft
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
You don't have to worry. I've been doing my stretches, my exercises. The swimming has been good too. K'dar nodded, no real emotion evident on his face as he looked down from the rocky point normally used for weyrlings to take their first mounted flights from. He wasn't particularly worried, even as he sat perched atop Tiberuth. It wasn't a terribly dangerous point normally, but the dragons who used it were younger and in good health, not recovering from a very bad fall themselves with a stiff wing and tight chest.

It was an anxious concern that the dragon had not been willing to voice directly, but K'dar had picked up on it and had dragged himself out of bed to get his boy oiled up and his straps fastened as if nothing was wrong. That had sent another spike of concern and worry through Tiber, but the bronzerider had soothed it with a gentle hug before mounting up. He wasn't going to make his dragon take this first flight alone, even if it meant an added load. You're not that heavy, I can carry you. And I'm not nervous.

The corner of K'dar's lips twitched towards a small smile as he reached down and gave Tiber's neck a pat. On his shoulder, Tibs let out a tiny little roar and flared his wings out in support and excitement. "See? Tibs has the right idea. Are you going to show him how to fly or not?" Tiber huffed and stretched out his wings for a moment, giving them a tentative flap before he leapt from the point, unfurling them fully as he launched himself into the sky, his eyes whirling with excitement as they climbed. Even the bronzerider had to admit that it was thrilling, that there was something uplifting about being in the sky again and feeling alive. But he brushed the thought aside as he tried to focus on more serious matters.

Easy now, that joint is still tight. You don't want to pull it more. How's your breathing? K'dar could feel the ache every time Tiberuth breathed in, but it seemed better than it had, more of an annoyance than anything serious. Still, he wanted to know what the bronze thought himself, and also remind him that this was not the time to get reckless as they soared through the air. Tibs had his claws dug tightly into K'dar's shirt, wings spread out, gently shaking in the in the air as they flew, and with a soft chuckle, the bronzerider reached up to gently pet the flitter before encouraging him to settle down and just enjoy the ride.

After a few moments to think, Tiberuth took a sharp turn and his rider tightened his grip on the bronze just before they were all briefly upside down and spinning for a brief dizzying moment before leveling back out and settling in to a much more sedate soaring pace. I can breathe, the ache is worth it, and it is steadily improving. I can't get my wings to loosen if I don't use them. The bronze was back to haughty and confident, every remaining trace of his nerves having vanished. Sure he was still a little sore in spots, but that was nothing that he couldn't push past.

And if you push yourself to the point that you don't fully recover to catch anyone again? It was a silly notion, but Tiberuth relented a little bit. I will take it easy for now, but I expect you to fly with me more. You have been drowning yourself in work or sleeping, you haven't even unpacked for our new weyr. K'dar was going to object, but he could tell that Tiberuth was holding something back. He sighed. I'm fine with flying with you, Tiber. But what is it? What are you going to gripe at me about now?

A bit more gently the bronze answered, I just worry about you. I miss them too... but have you gone to see your sister? Your other siblings? We could go visit Ista perhaps. I'm sure I could make the trip. K'dar frowned, shoulders sinking slightly. He really hadn't gone to see anyone, and while he was sure they had paid him visits after the incident, he'd been so deep in his own despair he didn't really remember much of it even though it hadn't happened all that long ago. He gave Tiberuth a gentle pat, reassuring the bronze he wasn't upset with him for bringing it up. Without another word, Tiber began a lazy and slow descent, gradually wheeling down until landing on his new ledge.

K'dar gave the bronze another hug after he'd dismounted. "You go visit Neryseth and make sure she's doing well," he said as he got the straps removed. "I'm going to try and get some things unpacked, take a long bath, maybe find a different shirt to wear for when I go see how Mylorah is doing." Tiberuth let out a pleased grumble. Let me know when you go, I want to see her too. K'dar nodded before heading into his new weyr to try and pretend to be less depressed than his dragon thought he was.

He'd only gotten enough unpacked to find the shirt he wanted before the bath, and then he'd only waited a little longer to stare at himself in the mirror to make sure he didn't look like too much of a mess before he made his way towards the weyrling barracks to stop in for a visit. At least the shirt still fit him well enough, it had a bit of color in it and was nice enough he normally saved it for parties and small celebrations. He'd missed the Hatching Party, might as well wear it now.

Tiberuth was quick to join him, settling in just outside the barracks with K'dar as they waited for one of the assistants to track down his sister to see if she had some time for a visit. She might be busy. We should have probably given her more notice. Hush. I am sure it will be fine.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by K'dar - 16.Aug.22, 02:29 AM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by Mylorah - 16.Aug.22, 12:06 PM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by K'dar - 16.Aug.22, 12:35 PM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by Mylorah - 18.Aug.22, 03:48 AM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by K'dar - 19.Aug.22, 03:25 AM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by Mylorah - 21.Aug.22, 11:29 AM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by K'dar - 21.Aug.22, 11:23 PM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by Mylorah - 23.Aug.22, 02:28 AM
RE: 743.08.10 | Sky and Solace - by K'dar - 23.Aug.22, 11:24 PM