World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Can’t Take Him Anywhere! [N’gelt, J’ver] [M]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It was a fine thing to be back on his feet. S’kef hadn’t felt so delightfully alive in quite a while now. Perhaps the calm of Weyr life had softened him! The brownrider hadn’t actually enjoyed his exile, but it certainly kept him on his toes and reminded him of what was sometimes necessary to survive.

Surviving an illness wasn’t quite the same as battling the unending jungle, but it left S’kef with the same sense of satisfaction and none of the galling emotional consequences. He walked proudly yet casually, a half-bearable smirk etched on his face, and surveyed the dining hall for the first time since he’d fallen ill. Well, there had been one or two times he’d gotten up and walked around a bit, but that had proven one of his less-good ideas.

And, naturally, since his recovery he’d been enjoying the unending attentiveness of J’ver. He really was the best sort of greenrider, fetching S’kef his meals while he settled back into his hut and whatnot. As much as S’kef had enjoyed it, his rest period was over. A new checkup confirmed his health, and he was ready to see what sort of disarray the Weyr had fallen into in his absence.

D’ren wasn’t convinced S’kef was ready to come back to work yet, which was a problem, but surely just a temporary one.

S’kef glanced around. It was mostly empty. Breakfast was over and lunch didn’t begin for another hour or so. For once, the place was actually somewhat quiet. S’kef turned to the greenrider beside him and smirked. “Think we scared them off?” he teased lightly, hoping to pull a smile from his impish companion. S’kef put his hands in his pockets and sighed, relaxed but almost bored.

“I need to find something to do.” His tone was light and casual, but a quick glance dared J’ver to say anything about the Weyrsecond position. S’kef had already heard as much nagging about it as he was willing to accept. 

After the scene gets going, we’re gonna open this up to gawkers

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
It always felt good to be by the side of a feared and respected brownrider, knowing that to a degree, those feelings extended to him as well and no one would challenge him on it. He had missed that particular sense of security a mobile and healthy S’kef had provided him in the time the man had been ill and out of commission. It seemed only fair that he tended to S’kef in a more efficient manner than he normally would as an unspoken welcome back and note of gratitude. It was, after all, in his blood to crave power but not necessarily to thank those that got him there.

“Likely. They needed some sense frightened back into them. People were growing far too relaxed and soft without your watchful gaze,” J’ver surveyed the nearly empty Hall, wondering if the usual layabouts had found another location to hide in and mooch food or favours off of those actually working or if they had found the ability to once more carry out their own chores. It would be something to look into over the upcoming days as J’ver made his rounds for gossip-collecting. For now, he would enjoy the relative silence with the brownrider they needed to get back into power that D’ren needed convincing was made for S’kef to wield. Speaking of that conversation…

“Oh, don’t give me that look. I know you don’t want to hear the obvious facts about your current position, or lack thereof, so I won’t bother.” With a sigh, J’ver uncrossed his left leg from the right and switched to cross right over left to hold a posture that was far too feminine but he found it comfortable. A sideway glance was soon given to S’kef as J’ver decided there really was only one delightful way to pass the time for them both and he shared the idea in hushed tones lest anyone was lurking close enough to eavesdrop, “for now, we can return to either hut for a more physical something to do.” He still ached from their other encounters and it wasn’t lost on the greenrider that he was essentially whoring himself out to the rough brownrider but it suited both of their purposes and was far more enjoyable than waiting on the man or carrying out his orders. Well, perhaps not all of the orders since J’ver did like to ruin lives and persuade people to his way of thinking.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Creche work. Who in their right mind had assigned N'gelt to creche work? Clearly whoever had done it was bored or a sadist. N'gelt didn't understand children. How they worked, how to deal with them, what to do with them... He was truly at a loss. Having spent such little time sexually with women he was at least safe in the knowledge that there was no progeny of his somewhere on Pern, eager to find their father and to 'connect'.

Naturally, to avoid the short, stubby things he had palmed off some marks and a bottle of ale to one of the workers, he definitely wasn't going to go near that damned building. Though there had been a small temptation to go just to inflict some misery on the Greenriders there alongside S'kef, N'gelt had easily moved on past this thought. It appeared however, that he was still going to get at least part of that temptation.

He strode into the dining hall, not to find food but instead seeking some form of entertainment, something to fill the time he was avoiding the short, stubby things. It didn't take long at all to spot S'kef and his ugly pet in the almost empty hall. "Don't give him reason to become irate." N'gelt murmured to I'shan, who was wound preciously around his arm. Approaching the fellow Brownrider N'gelt took in his appearance, he was much healthier now. He'd been given the all clear, or something to that effect, hadn't he? N'gelt mused internally, this could be potentially problematic. While yes, he did appreciate and in some twisted way like S'kef, he certainly didn't like him being healthy and able to resume his old position.

"S'kef," he grunted as they approached. "Returned to walk with the living?" He asked, wondering if that might strike a nerve. J'ver received not even a glance from the Brownrider, though given his habit of sticking his thumbs in all the pies the Greenrider would know of his prejudices and most likely turn his attentions away from the brutal man. N'gelt gave I'shan's linked arm a soft squeeze with his own, a barely noticeable gesture. Was N'gelt getting soft, showing his affection in public and before S'kef, of all people? While it might have seemed that way, it was intended more as a reassurance and a warning. N'gelt could only protect I'shan from a man like S'kef so far.

Awful. Sorry this took so long. >.>

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan enjoyed his perch. He flowed delicately alongside his powerful brownrider consort, arms twined lightly around N'gelt's own. "I love you," I'shan crooned with delight, more than pleased to have some time to themselves. It had been a trying season, but now things were okay again. Always elastic and willing to bounce back, I'shan had all but forgotten the ordeal.

Ilveriath didn't quite agree. He recognized his rider's happiness and optimism, but the blue knew in his heart that N'gelt was changing I'shan. The freespirited bluerider was growing more and more compliant, willing to curb his impulses and ignore his own wishes to keep N'gelt happy. I'shan saw less of his friends.  Ilveriath wasn't worried, but he did hate to see it come to that. At least N'gelt had experienced something of a shift as well.  He valued I'shan so much more now, didn't he? Or was Ilveriath only seeing that because he wanted to?

Patient as ever, Ilveriath had decided to simply watch and enjoy the show for now. As long as I'shan was happy, everything would be fine.

Naturally, Ilveriath was well aware of I'shan's impish nature bubbling to the surface as he caught sight of S'kef and J'ver. "N'gelt," I'shan crooned, leaning and whispering into his lover's ear. "What are they doing in there?" I'shan was instantly conflicted. He loved messing with J'ver, but having S'kef close by....that was dangerous. Ilveriath projected some comforting feelings towards his bonded, happy to feel that spark but also somewhat concerned.

N'gelt's warning is wise

I won't do anything dumb

I'shan smiled at the pair as N'gelt led him in their direction. "Hello J'ver," I'shan said. He knew S'kef didn't want to talk with him; S'kef was always loathe to talk to any 'lower' riders, with an obvious exception of his pet. Fine; let the bug, important brownriders talk.

Screwing with J'ver was more fun, especially if N'gelt distracted S'kef. I'shan was distantly aware of S'kef's formal reply to N'gelt. Niceties and all that. I'shan's eyes gleamed mirthfully as he realized the brownriders were drifting off in their own conversation.

"Nice hair."

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Like I’shan, J’ver was less than thrilled to see the blue- and brownrider approach. He cared nothing for either man, viewing them both as stuck in their positions with little desire to change things while traipsing around the weyr doing whatever they wanted without regards to rules. They were horrible examples and J’ver still wasn’t sure how both had thus far avoided being lashed with it being reinstated. Besides, I’shan was just plain annoying. Could a bluerider be any more obnoxious? J’ver hoped there would never be a day where he found out. With a sigh, he gave a quick side glance to S’kef and knew the suggestion to leave would be ignored now. Curse brownriders and their desires to shoot the breeze together. If N’gelt had been alone, it may have been a tolerable experience or he could have slipped out unnoticed but with I’shan there as well, there wasn’t a chance.

Especially when the dainty ditz addressed him with a most unwarranted insult. J’ver simply stuck his nose in the air and chose to take it as a compliment and turn it around on I’shan. One day the bluerider would learn to quit wasting his time! “Indeed, I do have fabulous hair. It’s well coiffed and maintained… unlike that chaotic nest you sport.” Another quick glance was given to S’kef to assess his temperament but decided boredom would allow the ‘pets’ to bicker for a bit to amuse them.

The things he put up with for a taste of power.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan arched a brow and gave the greenrider a quick, skeptical once-over. "'Chaotic nest'?" he asked, almost unbelieving. His frustration remained under control for the time being. J'ver was one to talk. He never had understood good taste, now had he? J'ver was always so polished and prettied up, more like a doll than a man. I'shan was protective over his own appearance as well, but not like that! He had nothing in common with this pretentious little slut!

Nothing at all!

Insulted but undeterred, I'shan shifted his weight to his right foot and slowly removed his hands from their previous position around N'gelt's arm. He lifted one hand, brushing his admittedly fluffy hair down in a subtly self-conscious way. "Well, J'ver," I'shan crooned in his sweetest voice, "That's because I actually manage to get laid once in a while." His voice was light and his words deliberate, yet conversational.

He smirked a bit. ...And no one in his right mind would touch your skinny ass if they were paid he thought bitterly, eyes gleaming in poorly-masked amusement. His eyes cut threateningly to S'kef. No one in his right mind, I'shan taunted with his eyes.

Everyone and their mother knew.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Ah, yes, a bluerider,” J’ver spoke as if he only just remembered anything about I’shan, making it seem like the scrawny excuse of a man was never worth knowing anything about. Naturally I’shan was one of the troublemaking blues that received extra attention to snitch on or hold his misdeeds over his head in blackmail but given I’shan’s belief everyone loved him and everything revolved around him, the poor tasteless boy probably didn’t even realize it. “Always chasing and taking what he wants. How long did it take you to hear sounds of protests as encouragement?” As a greenrider, J’ver had encountered rough flights, which didn’t bother him anymore, but also greedy riders that wanted more even after the flight lust had left them. He couldn’t say for certain if I’shan was such an offender but since he was an arrogant bluerider, J’ver felt safe in assuming such a thing.

There was one thing he did know, however, and a knowing look was given to N’gelt in challenge to I’shan’s own cutting glance to S’kef. He wouldn’t confirm nor deny any relations with Weyrsecond – which J’ver kept telling himself was exactly what S’kef would soon be again or turns of his life had been wasted for nothing – but simply smirked at I’shan, refusing to give into the bait left for him and instead dangled some of his own. “Everyone knows you were left out in the cold but demanded that change and took back what you had decided was yours. Ever the classy one, I’shan.” He was walking a thin line by subtly attacking N’gelt as well with that comment, leading minds to the idea that I’shan controlled the relationship and the brownrider was nothing more than a toy being used to entertain a spoiled brat. He didn’t care. The pair was beneath him and hardly worth an ounce of concern over.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan was aghast. His jaw slacked at the accusation, his own reaction far more dramatic than the actual words that prompted it. "I would never do such a thing!" the bluerider asserted, taking a sudden step closer to J'ver and craning his head forward in a near-threatening way. I'shan wasn't a fighter. It was a gesture of pure bravado, nothing more. There was still a spark of anger lurking in I'shan's eyes, however, affronted and offended by the mere suggestion that he was one of those types.

He wouldn't ever, ever do something like that. Only sick people did things like that! Of course, J'ver's challenging little glance at N'gelt didn't do anything to help the situation. I'shan's mind didn't follow the exact path the greenrider had intended. Instead, I'shan found himself thinking of the circumstances under which he'd met N'gelt.

It was a flight. He could remember it well, the crowded room and the heat and anxiety that filled it. He could remember seeing B'jin, tense and perhaps just a little nervous. Most of his mind had been flying with Llarrikith by that point, but there was that glimmer of fear. N'gelt had made a bolt approach, declaring the greenrider his...but at the last minute, B'jin's love interest swooped in and rescued him from an otherwise sordid outcome.

I'shan was the one to feel the brunt of N'gelt's frustration.

N'gelt was one of those types.

I'shan clutched defensively at the brownrider's arm and cast a wicked glare at J'ver. So what if N'gelt was like that?  I'shan didn't mind. He'd never minded. He hadn't said no...

But if he had, would N'gelt had let him? I'shan squirmed internally at the thought, not because it sickened him in principle, but because he'd been placed on the same playing field as J'ver. I'shan may have been a player in the Greenrider Games, but when it really came down to it, he was still a blue...and not subject to the same treatment as J'ver.

He puffed up, and suddenly realized that he was doing nothing more than proving J'ver's point. How long did it take for you to hear sounds of protest as encouragement?

Never! I'd never do that! I'm not like that.

But N'gelt would, and you let him. So what you're saying is, you're like one of us?

No! I'll show you

So you ARE like that after all, then?

I'shan glowered. J'ver hadn't actually spoken any of those words; Only I'shan and his own insecurities, his irrational justifications and his guilt. He had been one of those blueriders before. Not often, no, but it had happened. He had the selective hearing. He had the lackadaisical attitude. He had the ability to justify. His biggest justification at all was pretending like it didn't matter when it happened to himself. N'gelt had given him a taste of his own medicine, and to I'shan, it tasted good...

...but that didn't mean it would for everyone else. Or anyone else. Suddenly and dramatically aware of his own flaws, the bluerider inched closer to J'ver.

No. He couldn't actually do anything. That would just prove the point, and besides....he just didn't have the guts, not to assault someone.  So in his frustration, well aware of his tight throat and sweaty palms, he lashed out the only way he truly knew how - with his tongue.

"You whore! You would use that as a weapon, wouldn't you?  Even though you're the filthiest, lowest greenrider in this whole sharding place!" he snarled wickedly, his dislike of J'ver fueled even more by how own desperate sense of self-preservation. No one was worse than J'ver, and he was going to prove it!

"I walked past your hut the other night. I could hear you!" he said accusingly, pointing one finger at J'ver. The bluerider smirked and paused, cutting his eyes to S'kef a second time. "...I have no idea who you were with," I'shan lied, "but I sure didn't hear any protests."

With that, I'shan humorously burst out into the most overwrought imitation of J'ver he could manage. It was positively filthy. "Oh master! Please, I'm a good boy! I'm your good boy!" he panted mockingly.

Whoa there I'shan, don't go too crazy on me

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Ice blue eyes widened just enough for any of the three watching him close enough to notice the shock at the mimicked pleading. I’shan had heard that? The infuriating little bluerider would be the one to walk by and overhear. He always seemed to pop up when least expected or wanted, like now. The day had been going fairly well before I’shan shuffled along, attached firmly to N’gelt’s side as if he was a part of the brownrider’s shirt. It was almost disgusting how clingy he could be. Did the man have any dignity? But that wasn’t the true problem and J’ver glared daggers at I’shan for a moment as he tried to collect his thoughts.

How did he get out of this one? It was clear I’shan also knew, or perhaps merely suspected and was laying a trap for confirmation, that it was S’kef in his hut that night. The brownrider wouldn’t appreciate everyone, or anyone for that matter, knowing of their arrangements in their downtime though with how often Tyrrisath flew Rilaleeyth and how much she fawned over the brown, it wouldn’t be a large leap in logic to assume they met out of flight as well. Still, no one needed to know that he liked S’kef’s rough treatment and the whips and bonds the man brought along.

Finally, keeping a hold on his anger that wanted to spill forth from all the needling he was given, J’ver simply shrugged before getting to his feet. It was best to be on the same level, or higher, with one’s opponent, and since it seemed this was no longer a normal flinging of a few comments, J’ver had no interest in staying seated and looking up at I’shan. “Are you jealous that I have someone who knows what they’re doing, driving me to the brink of insanity with amazing sex, leaving me begging for a chance to catch my breath and that fleeting sanity?” It didn’t entirely match up with the so-called overheard words but it sounded plausible enough and would likely rile I’shan up all the more.

A hand ran through his hair in a casual gesture as J’ver did his best to seem unaffected by the accusations and added, as if an afterthought, “By the way, you seemed to have overheard quite a bit. I’m inclined to believe you stayed, eavesdropping at my bedroom window for the entire show. I do hope you cleaned up after you were done.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh, what a delicate game. I'shan knew something S'kef didn't want public, but who didn't know that those two disgusting bastards were all over each other behind closed doors? Maybe they didn't all know about the beating, or the pitiful way J'ver whimpered master to his horrid abuser. Was J'ver really some sort of victim, or did he like it? Was S'kef forcing him into those twisted games, or did they formulate a ruleset together?

I'shan assumed the latter. If S'kef was really abusing someone on that sort of level, someone would have put a stop to it. Besides, I'shan didn't want to get into a position where he felt sorry for an idiotic sod like J'ver. No, the greenrider must have just been kinky. It wasn't worldbreaking news, but it was obviously embarrassing enough. I'shan looked out of the corner of one eye and saw the brownrider looking at him dangerously, body rigid with frustration and suppressed rage.

But S'kef was trying to get his job back.  He wouldn't do anything to risk that, I'shan was sure of that much. Besides, N'gelt was there to protect him!

I'shan's suspicion were confirmed at J'ver's next comment. "Amazing, huh? So your definition of amazing involves being humiliated?" he asked. I'shan spoke with certainty in spite of some private reservations. He wasn't exactly dominant in his interactions with N'gelt, after all. In fact, N'gelt's demands for dominance were exciting to the wily little bluerider. J'ver didn't know that, though!

Totally confident, I'shan just glowered and took a bolt step towards J'ver. "So you think  I could get off to listening to you?" he asked impetuously. "I hate to disappoint you, but you'll never find out...because Ilveriath doesn't usually chase greens ridden by women. No offense to girls, of course...it's just not our thing."

He smirked.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver studied the bratty bluerider for a moment as he wondered how his time had been stolen into something so wasteful. I’shan wasn’t even worth the effort of a sneer in passing! Although, he had to admit it was almost refreshing to have someone to pick apart with one flaw at a time. It had been too long since he had been allowed to do such a thing or found someone that needed such a lesson. He had done more watching than interacting of late, especially when S’kef was sick in bed. With his protector out of commission and unable to keep their more or less unapproved habits out of D’ren’s notice, J’ver hadn’t wanted to risk too much. Now, was different. I’shan had instigated things and neither brownrider seemed inclined to interrupt just yet. No doubt both men got off to seeing their whipping boys argue and act tough.

He still kept a cautious eye on each man all the same. It wouldn’t do to have S’kef intervene and set back his reinstatement and J’ver certainly didn’t want to a black eye. He had seen R’nd’s pretty boy face marred from someone’s fist and the sneaky greenrider strongly suspected it came from someone R’nd wanted to protect or someone close to someone he protected. An icy blue gaze glanced over N’gelt, assessing the larger man once more before tossing a shrug at I’shan’s newest attempt to beat him at verbal assault. “What’s so humiliating in begging if it gets you what you want?” The petite rider didn’t need to know that most of the time the begging was done in earnest since there were times he did indeed say the right words to keep S’kef happy so they both got off that night.

J’ver startled when a moment later he had a glowering I’shan moving toward him. Was he about to be hit? He was close to bracing for impact or ducking to avoid the pain when I’shan only moved his mouth instead of a fist. His nose wrinkled up and a look of disgust pulled at features normally set in arrogance. He couldn’t decide which offended him more; the idea of sleeping with I’shan or being compared to one of those foul women. The nerve of the man! “Oh, please. Rilaleeyth has standards and your beast wouldn’t come close to them, for which I am extremely grateful. I’d have to burn the bedding after you left.” Outside, curled up in the shadows of the building, Rilaleeyth hung her head, embarrassed and sad. She loved J’ver but he made it ever so difficult to make friends with dragons or riders. Her only standards anymore were being nice and talking to her. She curled up in a tighter ball as J’ver bristled, his dominant hand twitching in need to slap someone over being compared to a woman but he tried to hold his tongue as well as he restrained his hand.

Unfortunately he failed. “My dear, Shel,” J’ver knew of I’shan’s nickname his friends called him by and used it then to further rile up the insufferable man, “you do need to stop preening in the mirror so long. It confuses you. You’re clearly thinking about yourself when you talk of comparing a rider to a woman.” J’ver returned I’shan’s smirk and then some.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's nostrils flared and he pushed himself up on his toes, making himself marginally taller. "Hah! Ilveriarth can have any green he chooses, J'ver! You can't say much about your dragon having standards when she lets that ugly herdbeast Tyrrisath fly her so often!" I'shan snapped. "She's just a skinny, ugly little whore...just like you!"

Good gracious. I apologize on his behalf, Rilaleeyth

I'shan's eyes narrowed and he took another creeping step forward, fist balled at his side. I'shan didn't have the moxie to throw a punch at anyone. His fist was clenched in a gesture of frustration, but he'd squeal and run the other direction long before he'd fight. J'ver didn't know that, or S'kef for that matter. Of those present, only N'gelt would be familiar with the plucky bluerider's aversion to violence. I'shan's tongue was as sharp as ever though, his pride damaged even more by J'ver's attack on  Ilveriath. Like a cornered beast, I'shan continued to snap and growl.

"Furthermore, Ilveriath can have any green he wants. He just has better choices lined up. But you'd better sharding believe he'll be on her tail next time!"

He scowled and slid forward even close, close enough that his breath flowed across J'ver's neck. "...and I'll be on yours."

It was a dark threat, one that the bluerider didn't really mean.  What had started as a basic scrap had quickly turned into a very personal confrontation, and I'shan was more than willing to make low blows, even if they were out of character. He would say anything to win an argument - anything. He self-consciously reminded himself that J'ver was the one who'd brought dragon color into this. He was practically asking for it, right?

I'shan exhaled and took a step back, eyes locking onto J'ver's. The conflict was there - the guilt, the anger, the impetuous desire to look strong. The bluerider's fingers trembled in frustration as he tried to look as threatening as he spoke. He was unsuccessful, but that spark of wild unpredictability still peeked from behind his normally uncertain visage.

He dared J'ver to come at him now.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver had been angry in the past but he had never fully understood the expression about being so mad that you saw red; until now. He was fairly certain he was now experiencing that phenomenon. As proud and self-centred as he was, J’ver was still a dragonrider and any insult to his sweet Rilaleeyth did not sit well with him. There were times he could shrug off a comment in order to earn someone’s trust before backstabbing them later on but this was different. I’shan was useless and completely uncouth. There was no other reason for his insulting of the honour of the only lady in J’ver’s life than desperation to win a point in their war of words. J’ver knew that but still he couldn’t continue to shrug off each blow and his mouth set in a hard line as he glared at the man.

He simply needed a moment to collect his thoughts and calm down before he looked foolish for losing his cool to such a waste of a man. He would defend Rilaleeyth and once again verbally smack down I’shan until he went running home to cry. Naturally, all that went out the window as soon as I’shan opened his mouth again and spoke like every other rider of male dragons. Everything seemed to be a blur as his hand shot out for a smug face.

You needn’t do that, Ilveriath. J’ver has said some horrible things as well. I don’t think poorly of you –J’ver, No! Rilaleeyth’s gentle and barely audible mind-voice conveyed her sorrows well and she would have liked to speak with the pretty blue a little more to make sure he was okay as well but J’ver’s anger flared to new levels and he acted irrationally on impulse. All she could do was watch the scene unfold through her bonded’s eyes and hope S’kef could handle Saquith’s rider and any chaos that irrupted. What was she going to do with J’ver? I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Her trembling words were for Ilveriath alone as eyes swirling with worry sought out the dragon. She was afraid of what her bonded had landed in but also feared what retaliation she would receive in his stead.

Just before palm met cheek for a hard slap, J’ver saw what seemed to be guilt but it was probably feigned because I’shan knew he was about to receive punishment for all that he had said. “It appears you truly are a beast, giving into your carnal urges and taking what you want.” The words were spoken in clipped harsh tones as J’ver took a step away from the man that had managed to provoke him to such a barbaric action. He wasn’t a violent man, preferring words and strategy over physical attacks and to be moved to slapping someone had left J’ver a bit startled and with a stinging hand.

He was not amused.

Suddenly recalling they had an audience and neither would be amused as well, J’ver sent a quick glance to N’gelt and then to S’kef, unsure if even the latter would be on his side. There was potential for the encounter ending horribly for him and the calculating greenrider didn’t like the odds against him.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
As the Blue and Greenrider exchanged catty remarks N'gelt chose to ignore them. He knew I'shan wouldn't be able to resist responding to the idiot Greenrider, but he was satisfied that his mate knew better than to start it. Of course, N'gelt was oblivious enough when it came to sly insults and vanity that he didn't realize that I'shan had been the one to start the cattyness.

"Planning to return to Weyrsecond?" N'gelt idly asked S'kef. Any chance of D'ren's favourite Brownrider not being reinstated was well, extinct like the firelizards. S'kef was probably the closest person N'gelt had to a friend, given that they had been in close contact at Telgar before the plague. Whether friend was the right word for their relationship was another matter entirely.

N'gelt gave a slight glance to I'shan as he unwound his hands from his arm, watching him brushing his hair self-consciously. He raised an eyebrow but thought nothing more of it, turning his attentions back to S'kef.

They had been speaking for a while when he noticed both of the riders beside them standing closer together and seeming to bristle somewhat. Frowning he turned a little to watch them a bit more clearly. Immediately after this small movement there was the sound of flesh hitting flesh. It took only a second for N'gelt to see that I'shan had been on the receiving end, to which his temper soared. He knew I'shan couldn't cope with physical violence nor was he likely lash back at the Greenrider to defend himself. Stepping forward N'gelt closed his fist tight and swung, aiming clear for the offending rider's cheek.

"You are the beast." He growled, glaring at him. He spared not even a glance to S'kef, if the fellow Brownrider chose to reciprocate on behalf of his slime N'gelt was confident that he could handle it. Both men were of equal stature, with barely even an inch between them in height if they stood barefoot. Of course, N'gelt was wearing boots with thick soles that switched the tiny difference into his favour.

Stepping back he then turned his attentions to I'shan, a flash of tenderness crossing his face as his back was turned on the others. He gently swept a hand across I'shan's cheek, it was red but it had been a slap not a punch so nothing was going to be badly hurt. Gripping the Bluerider's shoulder he gave him a firm nod and knowing look. Of course here in public N'gelt wouldn't reveal his care much beyond making sure no blood or breaks were left untended to and a hearty slap or shake, but when they returned to the privacy and comfort of their hut he would tend to his lover. Thoroughly.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

J’ver! Rilaleeyth called out her rider’s name as the pain flashed through their bond and she fluttered her wings restlessly. She couldn’t get inside to him to see everything personally and he was doing a mighty fine job of blocking her well meant pestering to see how he was. This wasn’t good! What had J’ver gotten himself into now? The bluerider had said some terrible things but J’ver didn’t have to resort to violence since that only led to more violence; which he had just found out. The urge to apologise to the other dragons was strong but instead Rilaleeyth stayed quiet and attempted to blend into the building so neither Ilveriath nor Saquith started in on her as well.

Still startled by his own actions and mentally whining over the lingering tingling sting the slap caused in his hand, J’ver didn’t see the anger burning in N’gelt and missed what should have been an obvious reaction. Every action had a reaction and the greenrider was normally a step ahead and had the reactions planned out. This time, however, he hadn’t thought through what he would do and therefore was left stuttering on that and not calculating everyone else’s moves. I’shan had been the sole target for a few moments and the brownriders had faded away until after that only somewhat satisfying smack of flesh on flesh sounded.

So when N’gelt struck, J’ver didn’t even have time to flinch at the impending pain. He was confident he could have ducked or moved enough to change the intended target but his mind wasn’t entirely focused and nothing could have been done except stand there like a test dummy for furious fists. A sharp hiss of breath escaped as he stumbled back under the force of the blow to his face and a strangled cry of shock and pain was given by the time his ass met the floor. J’ver sat there in shock, a hand covering the throbbing cheek, unable to believe what had just happened.

A quick glance was given to S’kef but J’ver knew there would be no salvation there. He would have liked there to be but the relationship they presented to the public was that of WeyrSecond and his lackey; nothing more. Showing he was concerned for J’ver’s well-being or angry he had been mauled simply wasn’t something S’kef would do. So J’ver turned his icy blue gaze onto the horrible lovers, eyes narrowing into a hard glare. They would pay for this. I’shan insulted Rilaleeyth and him for the last time and N’gelt would never get the chance to lay a finger on him again. He’d make sure of that!

“You’ll both regret this,” he snarled softly, after getting to his feet with a bit of effort. The punch had left him a little wobbly and lightheaded but J’ver knew how to suffer through the pain thanks to what he could now consider training with S’kef. The man was rough in bed but he’d never gone full out with his hits and N’gelt certainly didn’t pull his punches. So while J’ver held a brave front as best as he could in front of everyone, he was close to tears and calling out in pain. But that would wait until he was in his hut, which was where his feet angled to take him as he brushed by the bluerider, intent on getting away and not giving the satisfaction of any other verbal response.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It all happened very quickly. Pleasantries were exchanged and laughter exchanged, but in the background, slutrider squabbling escalated in the flash of an eye. S'kef spun around just in time to see the bluerider reel back, eyes filled with shock and betrayal at the blow. I'shan let out a defensive squeak and turned to his lover. S'kef instinctively reached for J'ver, intended to grab the greenrider's shoulder and snap him back, possible shake and scold him for daring to strike another brownrider's property...But he would have no such chance.

Bam!

The unmistakable sound of a closed fist on a jawbone stopped S'kef in his tracks. He watched as J'ver - his J'ver - reeled from the blow. S'kef immediately turned his eyes on N'gelt in absolute fury, watching as that disgracefully misbehaving greenrider buried his face in N'gelt's shoulder.

S'kef was caught in an awkward position. He wanted to leap on N'gelt and punish him for daring to strike back at J'ver, but like N'gelt, he was unwilling to make such a public display of affection. It burned him up to think of N'gelt getting away with such a horrid act. It enraged him even more to see the visible devotion between the pair. I'shan looked so desperate and weak, clinging to his keeper like that and crying like a dog. And yet,S'kef knew that when they were alone...

They didn't deserve that. I'shan didn't, at least. S'kef glowered as J'ver left after a mild threat, leaving the brownrider alone with the offending pair. S'kef took a step closer to them.

"That belongs to me," S'kef growled, inching dangerously close to N'gelt's face. S'kef had clashed with the brownrider before and was certain their odd half-friendship would resume later, but for now, he wanted it to be abundantly clear where he stood. "...You're lucky I need to be on my best behavior for D'ren. Don't you ever touch him again."

As he spun around to pursue J'ver, he realized just how invested he'd sounded. It had been...almost sexual. Almost affectionate.

Bah!

"J'ver! Wait..." he called out. He glared a bit and realized he couldn't leave it at just that. "....right now!" Yes, it must be an order... 

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)