World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

A Toast to the Future [Hatching Feast] [M]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
What a day it had been.

Ilveriath appeared over the square, long wings filled with cooling breeze as he angled himself down. I'shan clung eagerly to the dragon's neck, face twisted in a shameless expression of joy. He loved feasts. He loved gathers. He loved any kind of party he could manage to attend, especially if there would be drink and song. And tonight, with Katila's future looking brighter than ever, there certainly would be.

Ilveriath landed a respectful distance from the festivities and allowed his bonded to dismount. I'shan was in a fabulous mood. His spirits were high and his sense of accomplishment strong. Some of his candidates had Impressed! A gold dragon had been shelled!

Everything was going to be okay. That's what he told himself, and in his lighthearted way, that's what he believed.

He strutted towards the feast with gentle confidence, his slender body adorned in his finest clothing. He wore an exceptionally nice embroidered jacket, the hue selected specifically to compliment Ilveriath's summer-sky hide. He'd had it for a long time. It was a graduation gift from his mother, and therefore had stayed neatly stashed away among his belongings during his years of exile.

This was the first time he'd worn it since. He couldn't wait to show it off to N'gelt, but right now, he had something more immediate on his plate. His fellow searchriders!

They were already clustered around one table in particular, their joyful expressions highlighted by the glow of torchlight. I'shan smirked and wove deftly in between other partygoers as he approached, snatching someone's bottle of wine off of a table as he did so.

"Hello, everyone!" he crooned to his fellow searchriders as he made his way among them.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B'jin was drunk.

Like half his companions, the greenrider had been pouring alcohol down his throat since the end of the Hatching the evening before, thrilled with the results. Being just narcissistic enough to want to look his best at the Feast that evening, B'jin had excused himself from his fellow Searchriders long enough to bathe, shave, and find something suitable to wear, before returning to their company and the alcohol. He'd chosen to wear his dragonleathers, the closer fitting pants appealing to him and the hardy material they were constructed from and the more water proof nature meaning spilt wine would be less of an issue and more easily cleaned up later. A loose white shirt covered a still tender back, with long sleeves that had been folded up to just below his elbows. Greenrider, Searchrider and Sr. Harper knots weighed down his shoulder, the linking threads entwined as he took an unusual pride in his various ranks; B'jin honestly couldn't remember the last time he'd worn his knots. All his knots.

The man laughed cheerfully as a fellow made a comment, and he threw a smart comment back as he refilled his wine glass. Brown eyes bright with the thrill of the previous evening (the horrors were pushed aside firmly as he focused on the good) B'jin basked in the reassurance that came from knowing their Weyr was secure - A gold had cracked shell! - and he tossed back the liquid before refilling, choking on a laugh as he shoved a fellow greenrider with a drunken shoulder at a teasing remark. "Didn't need more than one to Impress," B'jin smirked back, "My kids got gold and bronze." He gave the other man a smug look, while the other spluttered that two greens was much better than a set of metalics. B'jin just laughed; yes, greens were the far better dragon, but Searching a bronze rider, not to mention a future weyrwoman, came with much more prestige. Besides, "they're no fun if they can't fly you." He teased, laughing alongside the catcalls and jeers that evoked as the other greenrider groaned comically in agreement to the entertainment of the blueriders.

Speaking of blueriders; "I'shan!" B'jin greeted just as enthusiastically, raising his empty glass in greeting and then frowning comically as he took a moment and filled it from one of the many bottles on the table. Smirking, he raised it again, and winked at the bluerider. "I'shan!" Laughter was in his voice as he took a sip of the liquid, easy grin happy to remain on his face. It altered into a smirk after a moment, "Your little fist fighter will make a splendid green." Just what D'ren would want, too! Another uppity little greenrider! The Searcher threw back another glass of wine in delight and then refilled it, turning to watch as some harpers filed onto the stage and set about arranging for some musical entertainment. The inviting wave one issued him was met with a firm shake of his head. He wasn't singing tonight, he was going to be dancing.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The rowdy jeers and whistles coming from the group were all too familiar. Green and blueriders, the most spirited of the Weyr, I'shan would say! He held up his bottle of (stolen) wine and took a long drink as he proceeded to promenade right into the middle of the group, his strut as carefully manicured as that of a model.

"B'jin," he said with definite approval, arching a brow at his intoxicated friend and smirking at the lewdness of his jokes. "I believe you're right! Erisi the greenrider...can't wait to fly him!" He said bawdily. He winked for effect and turned the bottle up, letting the smooth, sweet liquid funnel down his throat without care. Tonight was a night for celebration.

"A green and a blue for me!" he cheered to the others, holding his bottle up in triumph while his fellow blueriders cheered in response. I'shan licked his lips suggestively at the nearest greenrider (purely in jest) and spun around to face B'jin again.

"I'm sure the Weyrleader will be thrilled," he said with facetious glee, though the evening shadows hid the flash of concern that ran across his face. He'd been worried about B'jin ever since the lashing, but now wasn't the time to bring it up. If B'jin was willing to joke about it, that was enough for I'shan to let it go unmentioned. He smirked and held his pilfered wine out for a highly improper toast. "Congratulations. I'm sorry your ward wasn't able to stand, though," he said coolly.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Despite Kerrin not Impressing and what had happened to Indivara at the Hatching, R'nd couldn't help but want to celebrate with everyone else. He still felt horrible for both of the weyrbarts and had spent the night comforting Kerrin in the only ways he knew how, and would no doubt try to find his friend in another day or so to see how he was doing, but tonight was a time for celebration on the good that came out of the Hatching. Two bronzes, an overwhelming showing of blues and greens, and most importantly, a gold! Any Hatching was cause for celebration but this one in particular had upped the levels of cheer and excitement.

Given the good and bad of the previous night, R’nd had dipped into his cups a little earlier while he prepared to go out so that when he arrived and started in on the offered drinks, it didn’t take long to start to feel the effects. He smiled, as he always did, at everyone he crossed paths with, and chatted up anyone that approached him, or wouldn’t as was the case with a few of the new weyrlings who seemed tired and still in shock. But it was when he saw the gathering of the searchriders that R’nd grinned the brightest and nearly skipped over to see his friends that all deserved their own congratulations for the part they played in last night’s success.

“Shel! B’jin!” R’nd greeted the two closest to him and threw an arm around each man so he was draped between them, a move that could have been disastrous if the glass he held still had any liquid within. “Congratulations to all of you! You have a tough job but I still envy you as I salute you for amazing results last night.”

With his flirtatious nature always in the forefront and too many drinks making his mood that much more jubilant, R’nd leaned in to kiss I’shan but came up short with eyes widening, not from shock over what he was doing but in fear of what kind of punishment N’gelt would give him for getting that intimate with his lover. In fact, draped as he was over I’shan was a bit risky and R’nd quickly untangled himself and nearly flung himself against B’jin, giving him a kiss that was far more than the playful ones he would have issued to any of the other searchriders. Completely at ease with everything that night, R’nd didn’t even censor himself with the greenrider as he purred an invitation against the lips he had just tasted, “find me later.”

Releasing his hold on B’jin, R’nd spun back around to the group, smiled, and waved as he departed as quickly as he had appeared to mingle with others.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin laughed, the sound an evil cackle, at I'shan's thrown in comment and he smirked at the bluerider. Being a Searchrider had its ups and downs, but one of the ups was the ability to bring in all the eye candy their picky beasts gave the tick of approval to. Larrikith herself was an extremely picky Searcher, and as a result B'jin had barely a handful of people within Katila that were cursing his name. Which, wasn't necessary a bad thing when his fellows ended up with fist marks on their faces. Of course, B'jin could probably allocate his lashes to Talian. But, to be fair, he'd been asking for them long before he'd stolen the brat. At least the kid had been able to patch him up nicely. So, pros verse cons, B'jin had decided firmly that having Talian with him at Katila was much better than not.

Despite the fact that one of his kids on the sands had Impressed bronze (a move he saw as greatly beneficial to himself in the long run), it didn't take long for B'jin to realise he was still unlikely to get any slack for Searching Talian. The child had caused too much ruckus and too many issues for people to just let it slide, and B'jin supposed he could understand that. He'd given K'ren a hard time for Searching Volfetti and she was turning out to be rather placid in comparison to the things Talian got up to. "His talents have been required elsewhere," B'jin said sagely to I'shan in response as he refilled his empty glass once more - an action that was becoming rather ridiculous, actually; he'd need to just grab a bottle like Shel was and be done with it! Well, he'd just finish this last glass and then he'd snag someone's precious bottle!

B'jin was  in the process of raising his glass to his lips when R'nd's voice joined the fray, and an arm was thrown across the top of the greenrider's shoulders. B'jin raised an eyebrow at the man, R'nd's name leaving his lips in a soft purr even as B'jin very carefully moved his full glass of wine as far from the bluerider as he could. B'jin was drunk, not stupid, and he was aware enough to know there were definite times and places and situations for damaging his vain friend's wardrobe. Drunk and at a gathering while R'nd was dressed in his best was certainly not one of them. Turning his attention back to the two blueriders (content his drink would not spill on either himself or R'nd) B'jin snorted in amusement as R'nd made a move on I'shan, only to fling himself at B'jin. Any confusion that had bred in the man was quickly doused with more pressing need of returning a heated kiss. His wine glass was snatched away before he could drop it, the man's arms quickly twining around R'nd's body and tugging him closer.

B'jin's eyes lit up at the invitation, an affirmative smirk flicking over his lips as he licked them, fingers lingering on the bluerider's hips for a moment. "Will do," he purred quietly, before the Searchrider reclaimed his hands, letting R'nd slip free of him and into the growing crowd. Brown eyes watched the younger man's progress, gaze roving over his form with a small, wicked grin, already lost in the sea of unspeakable things the evening was going to result in. He gave a shiver of delight, and turned back to the group suddenly, just moments after R'nd's form had been lost amongst the next group of people, B'jin smirked suddenly and raised his glass of wine, which he had had to snatch from the man that had saved R'nd's clothing from it. "To making trouble!" he crowed with a wicked laugh, tossing it back and grabbing at a bottle, uninterested in continually refilling his glass any longer. He was less likely to spill a bottle on himself or anyone else, to boot.

Wine bottle firmly in hand, B'jin turned his mischievous gaze upon I'shan. "Dance with me," he purred, grabbing the man's hand and tugging him towards the empty dance space.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I see," I'shan replied, a knowing smile flickering at B'jin for a few moments as he raised his bottle. It was a nice bubbly, fruity wine; exactly the kind I'shan liked. Whoever he'd stolen it from had excellent tastes! Could he hear someone asking about their misplaced wine bottle somewhere over the crowd? Nah. Not that it mattered. I'shan smirked like a devil and took another long drink while nodding understandingly at B'jin's explanation. I'shan knew the little healer was giving B'jin all kinds of trouble, but at the end of the day,  I'shan felt genuinely sorry for the kid. If anything, I'shan envied the relationship B'jin had managed to cultivate with the young man.

I'shan's only current plan with Erisi was to fly him one day. Oh ho.

The bluerider's eyes widened in delight as he heard R'nd's voice snaking through the crowd. "Hey!" I'shan said with impetuousness, spinning around on his heels and  making a mocking face at the man. "You're not a searchrider! Begone!" he said with a dramatic, severely un-masculine flick of his hand.

He laughed immediately and shook his head. "Who am I kidding? How the shards are you, R'nd?" he asked, expression warming a bit as he took a step closer to greet his friend. His eyes widened in sudden amusement as R'nd moved to kiss him, but quickly diverted himself. Feeling adventurous, and perhaps a bit determined to prove that he was not whipped by N'gelt, I'shan swooped in and kissed R'nd on the cheek. He cast a wily grin at B'jin as he did so, though it was purely in jest.  He had no interest in taking R'nd from the greenrider, though he did like making a show.

"To making trouble!" I'shan agreed, lifting the bottle for a long gulp after the ceremonial clink of glass. He let out a little squeak of surprise as B'jin fell upon him again. "Dance?"

N'gelt wouldn't like that. I'shan swallowed hard before agreeing, eyes lighting up like a child that knew they were going to get in trouble. A shudder of danger and anticipation ran through him.

"I'd love to," he purred, flowing after B'jin like a feline. He shoved his wine bottle at R'nd and moved up beside B'jin, face slowly twisting into a self-satisfied, perhaps tipsy smile.

He felt warm inside. The wine was doing its work....and then there was the rush that came with danger. Too bad N'gelt wouldn't be there to alleviate the churning force he already felt sizzling in his veins. Tonight was too grand a night to spend alone. Yes...he would find N'gelt later. But for now, the dance floor called.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin grinned wickedly at I'shan's sudden hesitance, the expression perfectly at place on the man's face as he waited for a response. Regardless of what the bluerider threw his way, however, B'jin had every intention of dragging him out to dance with him; the night was not a night for 'no's! It was night for enjoying oneself! The greenrider's expression brightened at I'shan's desired response, and B'jin lead the way out, waving avidly to capture the attention of his fellow harpers on the stage. He grinned happily when they struck up, filling the air with music, and B'jin spun around, pulling I'shan against him with a jerk, free arm wrapping tightly around his companions waist, holding him close.

"You've been avoiding me," he purred, the words lacking any note of seriousness as he lead them through the close dance. Harper skills had their place, as he moved through the motions with fluid grace, brown eyes both bright and drunk as he smirked at I'shan. Still holding his bottle of aquired wine, B'jin looped his arm up and around I'shan's neck. "Where've you been hiding?" his smirk was full of teasing, wicked intentions that were more for show than for I'shan to take up.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan stepped lightly behind B'jin, allowing the older man to guide him out onto the dance floor. Music and laughter swirled around them as I'shan took B'jin's hands in his own.

"Avoiding you?" I'shan asked mirthfully, his voice tinged with just a bit of curiosity and surprise. "You think I've been avoiding you?" He slid closer as B'jin's arm snaked around his neck. "No..." I'shan whispered, his posture and whispered voice sinking into dangerously sensual levels.

"That's not the case at all," he purred as he flowed along after B'jin, content to let the greenrider lead. Poor greenriders didn't get to lead an awful lot, did they? I'shan smiled and rolled his head forward, instantly aware of the alcohol on both his and B'jin's breath. "I haven't avoided you B'jin...I've been worried about you," he confessed.

"But I guess I...have been scarce lately," he said as he continued their close dance. "I've met someone," he explained, biting his lip in a coy, boyish way. His eyes lit up like an enchanted schoolgirl. "His name is N'gelt...he's a brownrider," he explained in a hushed voice. "...R'nd doesn't seem to like him very much. N'gelt is very...gruff and straightforward." Shards, most of I'shan's friends didn't like N'gelt, Farlint least of all. They just didn't understand, though. They didn't see the brownrider's kinder, softer side...

Off in the darkness, Ilveriath found some irony and amusement in that thought process.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

"Yes!" B'jin replied with enthusiasm, though his tone was thick with drunken amusement as his right arm, free of both I'shan's neck and the wine bottle his left hand was cling to doggedly, wrapped around the slim man's waist and held him close as they flowed through the steps with sensual grace. "That's endearing," B'jin teased him, eyes bright as he glanced up to meet I'shan's dark gaze.

"Really!" That was a little too enthusiastic, though at least he didn't yelp it; the words were a fairly soft exclamation as the man's eyebrows arching high in delight and instant curiosity, his expression literally begging for more information as he watched with bright amusement I'shan's expression change. B'jin frowned slightly at the name, his expression complicated as he tried to make his drunken mind work enough to place the face with it. He knew the name, but the face was swimming just out of reach. Eh! He'd worry about it later.

The man gave a giggled snort of laughter at the mention of R'nd not liking N'gelt and B'jin's eyes were highly amused. If the brownrider were gruff and straightforward, B'jin could also see him being less enthusiastic about playful banter between the two flirtatious blueriders. Of course R'nd didn't like him! Drunk as he was, he didn't even consider the fact that the N'gelt fellow might be just as unenthusiastic about the way he himself were draped and clinging to the lithe bluerider.

"How'd you meet?" He purred, expression mischievously interested. Blues and browns didn't hook up that often, so he was pretty sure there was some interesting story to be had there.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan let out a little giggle of his own as B'jin pulled him close and slid one arm around his waist. The bluerider let out a cultivated whimper and opened his mouth, craning his neck forward toward's B'jin's wine bottle; his way of shamelessly begging for a sip.

I'shan decided to let the 'I'm worried about you' part of the conversation go. He didn't want to talk about the lashing, nor did he want to get more emotional than necessary. He could already feel the warming effects of the wine in his belly. Where had his bottle gone? Oh yeah, he'd shoved it into R'nd's hands. Who knew where it was now. Oh well. That was a shame.

"Well," he purred, pressing himself probably just a bit too close to B'jin, especially considering that they were both taken. I'shan had made it his personal goal to win Larikith at least one more time, their first encounter having been so nice and memorable. I'shan liked B'jin for other reasons too, though.

He liked him, but right now, N'gelt was the topic at hand...and for inexplicable reasons, he made I'shan's heart flutter.

"During Larri's flight," he purred in B'jin's ear as he flowed along with the music. "He was right there with me, eyeing you like a wrapped up birthday present," he said scandalously. "But when Ayyonth snatched Larri, he just sort of...turned and saw me. Hah! We were both so out of it, it just sort of...happened. He grabbed  me and pulled me to another room," he crooned excitedly, voice low and expression scandalous.

Of course, he was taking some creative liberties with the story. N'gelt had grabbed him and carried him off. I'shan knew just as well now as he had at the time that if he'd tried to get away, N'gelt would have taken him anyhow. It was rough and unromantic, even borderline violent. It was not a good thing.

Why did I'shan still feel like it was? His obvious romanticism didn't stem from the wine, either. His affection for N'gelt showed brightly in his eyes as he whirled along after B'jin.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin gave a devious little smirk as I'shan made at the wine bottle, and he brought it a little closer, tipping the bottom up. The greenrider giggled wickedly as he watched I'shan latch on before he got wine all over himself; deciding the other had had enough, B'jin removed the bottle from I'shan's reach, and guzzled some himself. The greenrider winked teasingly as he moved back just slightly so as to be that there were some illusion of personal space. He laughed softly when I'shan shattered it, pressing back up against him.

The greenrider's eyebrows arched some at I'shan's first words, his soft purr filling B'jin's ears and a slight smile flickered over his lips. I'shan's description of B'jin during that situation, however, caused an expression of indignant anger to flash over the man's face, eyes heating for a moment. He was not a piece of sweetmeat! His irritation vanished as quickly as it had appeared, however, as Shel continued and B'jin's eyes widened dramatically.

"Really!" He breathed, tone conveying his surprise. It was mostly alcohol fed, for B'jin knew such things happened amongst those that failed to capture a flying green. However, with the liquid fire hot in his veins, he was either unaware or uncaring of what his responses were; they simply flowed forth. "You like him!" B'jin teased drunkenly, eyes widening with mocking innocence, his face daringly close to I'shan's.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan eagerly accepted the bottle's mouth in his own and turned his neck back, chugging the sweet liquid eagerly and with great pleasure. He laughed bawdily as B'jin pulled the bottle away. "B'jin!" he pouted in an exaggerated manner, brown eyes widening and lashes batting like temptress. "I need more...My feet aren't tingly yet! Oh!"

He inhaled sharply and pillowed his body against B'jin's. He could feel a definite stirring as he brushed close, craning his neck forward in subliminal desire. He wanted very badly to kiss B'jin. The older man was so lively and energetic, so happy in spite of everything! I'shan admired that sort of perseverance. I'shan was more broken-spirited in the sevendays following the lashing than B'jin had been!

"I do like him," I'shan breathed, eyelids drooping lazily as he rocked back on his heels and inspecting B'jin from a relatively safe vantage point. The want was clearly there, swimming in I'shan's half-drunk stare. "I do," he growled, tightening his grip and clutching closely to B'jin, emphasizing his words with the wrenching of his hands.

"He forced me, B'jin," he said with a drunken chuckle. "I mean, I went along with it...but I could tell he wouldn't have let me go if I asked. But by shards...it was exciting," he hissed through his teeth. "He's so dangerous and rugged..." he crooned, instinctively arching his back. Again he tightened his grip and leaned in dangerously close. He could smell the wine on B'jin's hot breath...

Then, a familiar voice: Beware, I'shan. N'gelt approaches

I'shan went rigid and white, but otherwise he did not move. His expression twisted into one of...was it fear?

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

"Neither are mine!" B'jin returned, the giggle that erupted at the end of his statement ruining the indignant tones he had used, his gaze bright with drunken laughter. B'jin gave a soft, purring laugh as the bluerider pressed up against him, and he shifted his hands gently to wrap around the taller man's waist. His grip was loose enough to allow I'shan the room to rock back when he did, and B'jin laughed wickedly at the man's expression.

B'jin's own face tightened as I'shan's grip intensified, pulling at the still tender skin and stitches lacing his back, and the greenrider stepped forward and into I'shan in an effort to loosen his friend's unintentionally painful grip. The man's breath hissed between his teeth at I'shan's next words, and brown eyes opened dramatically, gaze shocked. His brain short circited as he attempted to make sense of what he'd just been told, and he felt Larrikith stir on the outskirts in concern. Completely incapable of understanding as he stared up at I'shan with horrified shock, pressing closer again when the bluerider's fingers tightened again. Pain flashed over his face, quick as lightning, followed swiftly by a deep and completely unreasonable fear, B'jin jerked hard against I'shan's clutches even as Larrikith shrieked a warning from on the outskirts of the gathering.

B'jin! Easy, love, shh, Her voice was a soft murmur against B'jin's alcohol fogged brain, but the stark red of her eyes could be seen across the Square. Twisting, B'jin ripped himself out of I'shan's frozen grip and stumbled back two steps. Brown eyes wide, and slowly clearing of shadows, B'jin froze for a moment himself, quivering. Then he shoved the mouth of the bottle in his own and tipped his head back, emptying the remainder of the harsh Katilan liquid. Lowering the bottle, B'jin pursed his lips, staring at it with a dark expression.

"I need more booze." He said suddenly, clearly, not looking at I'shan.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Today was not N'gelt's day. He had put many a bet on Browns breaking shell at the hatching today. Yet not a single one had shown its hide. At the very least, he made marks back on grudgingly guessing two Bronzes, but that did little to soothe his ruptured ego. Surprisingly he had emerged from his hideout, wherever that may be, though it was soon clear as to why he was taking on the celebrating population: alcohol.

Each step was a shuffling stumble, taken oh so slowly to prevent himself from falling or tripping. People and objects were grabbed forcefully and used as a means to propel himself forwards, his pale eyes hunting for more alcohol to fill his veins with. His eyes hungrily fell upon a bottle and he lurched forwards towards it. His hand shot out and knocked it over, having misjudged where it sat on the table, though it was empty at least. Once the relief of knowing he hadn't spilt and wasted any precious alcohol anger flooded his system, the sharding bottle was empty! His features contorted into a disgusted snarl as he whipped his head back and forth in his search. There! A collection of at least ten bottles, some larger ones that identified them as containing ale standing amidst them. Sending his body forward unthinkingly he stumbled, caught himself and mowed on ahead. People stepped away from him on either side, nobody wanted to get in the was of the drunken rider. The night was still young and pleasant, upsetting him would only put a damper on the glorious hatching.

N'gelt reached out, his fingers clumsily slipping over the bottles as he tried to see which were full, or at least not empty. Luckily for him, the filthy Katilian ale was being left by the more sober members of his current company and luckily for them, he snatched them up and stumbled eagerly away.

The bottle was already open, barely the tiniest sip had been taken. If he was more sober, N'gelt would have noticed the ale spat on the ground where the bottle had been abandoned, though perhaps it was more fortunate that he didn't. He was nearing the group of Searchriders now, predominantly Blueriders with the few select Greenriders who's dragons shared their brothers' empathy. It took a while for him to register just where he was walking towards, or more correctly, who.

Smash!

The ale he had so painstakingly gone in search of spread across the ground, seeping into the dry earth. Emotions ran rife through his muddled head, though only anger made it through to his face. It contorted, much like it had only minutes ago at the empty bottle, as he slowly recognised the Greenrider that he had let Saquith chase recently. Crushed up against him was I'shan; beautiful, mischievous, I'shan. Their faces were close, too close. N'gelt's whole body trembled with a mixture of fury and horror, though the latter was kept locked away in his mind for the most part. Hurt lanced through his heart while a dim presence pressed up against his mind. Nnn… 'gelllt…. Saquith's words were slow and slurred within N'gelt's head, the alcohol messing with both their bond and the Brown's own perceptions. "Ssssss… Sssahh… ack…" N'gelt tripped over his words, struggling to get his dragon's name out. In his determination he didn't realise he was speaking aloud, he eyes boring holes into I'shan. Any onlooker would think he was trying to speak to the Bluerider, though perhaps I'shan would understand his slurs.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Something was wrong.

I'shan clung more tightly to B'jin for a few hazardous moments as the realization washed over both of them. The bluerider frowned bitterly when he felt the stitches beneath his fingers and suddenly released, only just realizing he'd caused his friend pain. "I'm sorry, B'jin..." he breathed nervously, taking a step back himself to further the distance between them.

It was too late. I'shan turned around, prodded by Ilveriath's subtle directions, and saw N'gelt. I'shan cringed visibly at the look on his lover's face, so accusing and filled with rage. "N'gelt?" I'shan whispered, taking a wobbly step forward and slowly extending one hand. "N'gelt? Hey...talk to me, baby..." he said, his resolve weak as he inched closer, at once desperate and terrified.

He'd seen how jealous his brownrider could be. He also knew just how dangerously close he'd come to kissing B'jin. For shame!

For shame?

I'shan's heart fluttered and he stopped where he stood, a mere few paces away from N'gelt, when the realization hit him. He liked N'gelt, sure. The man made him feel attractive and loved. I'shan also knew he meant something to N'gelt, but at that moment, he realized just what a mistake he'd almost made.

And he felt bad. Ilveriath let out a distressed creel at the pangs of guilt shooting through his rider, such an unfamiliar feeling. While Ilveriath didn't doubt that I'shan needed to develop more of a conscience, this was not a pleasant way to go about it. The blue shifted forward and allowed his mind to touch Saquith's.

This is unfortunate the blue said, taking the situation into his own paws. Is there any way you can calm your bonded, Saquith?

I'shan could feel hot tears welling up in his eyes. He refused them, wiping them away with one hand before taking the last few steps to N'gelt's side. "I'm sorry. I..." he realized he was lapsing into his usual habit of making excuses, but he couldn't stop himself! It was like he was watching in horror as someone else operated his body for him.

"I...we were just dancing, and we've both had a lot to drink. We were celebrating our searches! I really didn't mean anything by it," he squeaked piteously, gripping the front of N'gelt's shirt with both hands and casting the brownrider a pleading expression. "I'm so sorry, baby..."

Ilveriath hissed. He wanted to bespeak N'gelt, but he decided to wait and see what would happen first.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
English was a concept too great for N'gelt to grasp with the amount of alcohol raging through his system. I'shan's steps towards him barely registered in N'gelt's mind, nevermind the words he spoke. He stared unblinking in horror at the Bluerider. It was happening again. He had failed.

Saquith was standing beside their hut, his wings half open in preparation to fly when the swamp of memories hit him as if he had slammed into the ground. His legs buckled and C'ole flashed before him, first strong and happy, then weak and broken after the loss of his Green. N'gelt's overwhelming sense of failure and despair washed over Saquith, causing the Brown to creel pitifully. Staggering forward he forced himself into the air, trying to push through the drunken mind of his rider. N'gelt! N'gelt! C'ole wasn't your fault! I promise N'gelt! He screamed into his rider's mind, latching onto whatever scrap of clarity remained there.

Ilveriath's mind came as a shock to the Brown, who faltered mid-stroke as he veered to the Gather Square. …There is no way that I know of. Saquith responded, silence enveloping him as dark huts flashed beneath him. There was a long, weighted pause in which Saquith debated whether or not to divulge information about his rider's past to the Blue. There was no alcohol when we were alone. I could comfort him, at least. He is seeing the past come to life again, it hurts. He cannot hear me properly. While not specific, the information would probably be of use to the tactful and clever Blue.

As he reached the edge of the Gather Square Saquith let his vision go and picked up on N'gelt's. I'shan was all the Brown could see, reaching forward to grab N'gelt's shirt. The vision was still unblinking and wide, almost tainted with anger and horror. Saquith roared as he let his vision return to normal, the emotions were becoming too raw and unbearable. Wheeling down he searched frantically for a space he could land; the Gather Square could barely hold four large bronzes comfortably when it was empty and now it was very, very full. Almost the entire Weyr was in the space along with tables containing beverages. He roared again, this time in an attempt to clear some space so that he could land. It worked to an extent, with his bulk dropping down into the space clearing the rest out quickly enough.

N'gelt stared at I'shan as if he were an alien. His actions weren't comprehendible to the drunken man, the grabbing at his shirt or the pleading words spilling from his mouth. He jerked back, pushing I'shan away from him. I'shan's face began to melt, swimming and distorting before it reformed; C'ole stood tall and proud.

I can't keep doing this N'gelt. Following you at your beck and call, it's wearing me down.

Thick eyebrows knitted together as N'gelt reached out his fingers trying to grasp C'ole's jacket. "Ssss….wime…" He slurred, but his fingers closed on air. C'ole shook his head before fading away.

I can't stay with you, N'gelt.

The words echoed through his head, the words repeating over and over and over. Moaning in pain N'gelt clutched his head, trying to block the words out of his ears. Nnnn… Saquith's voice was sluggish and dim compared to C'ole's parting words. Despite the effort the Brown was putting in, the old memories were just too much to compete with. N'gellllllllllllllt… N'gelt cried out in anger and frustration at Saquith's persistence, or perhaps his memory's.

Staggering backwards he turned, unable to face I'shan any longer. His eyes roved the crowd, he appeared feverish as he faced them and they swam before him.

GELT! Saquith screamed, his pained squeal piercing his rider's mind. His head appeared suddenly before N'gelt, the soft nose rubbing anxiously against his body. The movement unsteadied N'gelt and caused him to collapse onto his Brown's head, his legs seemingly turned to jelly beneath him. The muscles in Saquith's neck bulged as he supported his rider, slowly craning his head around to place his rider against his shoulder. After a moment of rest Saquith resumed trying to get his rider onto his back. He still wore his riding harness, as he had suspected N'gelt would be needing a lift to his hut and would be quite intoxicated, though not quite this much. Ill memories still plagued N'gelt as he rested against his dragon's leg, though he seemed to understand what he should be doing, at least. Struggling he clambered up onto Saquith's back, fumbling to clip himself into the harness. The straps gleamed, they were all newly replaced after the break had occurred a few weeks prior.

Saquith rumbled gently as his rider managed to understand what was happening, jumping aloft only when he knew he was safely strapped in. As he rose into the night sky, he looked down to I'shan, his eyes whirling a mix of white and yellow. …I'm sorry. He choked out to the Bluerider. He wanted to say more, but any promises or soothing words would be empty. Right now, his prime concern was N'gelt.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin hadn't managed to move from the moment he mumbled about getting more alcohol. I'shan's apology rolled off him, heard, accepted, but unacknowledged. The greenrider raised a hand and ran it over his face as he lifted his gaze, intent on following through on his words and finding more booze. His good mood had been crushed, but that wasn't unusual when alcohol was involved and one of the reasons B'jin tended to avoid the substance. He could feel Larrikith on the edge of his conscious, waiting for the moment he toppled over the edge and into the black abyss that was always there, waiting, for him to consume that one drop too much. B'jin ignored her as he turned his gaze, and froze in horror.

That expression! He knew that expression! B'jin shrank back in fear, brown eyes wide in his face as he stared at the drunken rider. He didn't know him. Did he know him? Then I'shan spoke and B'jin shrank back further, stumbling away from the furious brownrider and the blue. Watching a scene so familiar it might have been a memory as the two interacted, B'jin felt Larrikith's presence wrap around his mind, even as the little green landed lightly on a building roof, her eyes bright in the night and stark against the glows. Trembling, B'jin didn't feel the empty bottle slip from between his fingers, gaze locked firmly on N'gelt and I'shan as the latter pleaded with his lover.

Larrikith's hiss joined with Saquith's roar as the dragon impatiently insisted the crowd move and the tiny green dragon's eyes spun red as she watched the three humans, her main focus on calming her own rider as he fought alcohol and memories, the combination usually pretty potent on it's own without a live action enactment. B'jin? Still poised on the roof, Larrikith's tail twitched in a feline manner. I... I'm okay, love. B'jin straightened cautiously as the brown dragon threw himself aloft with his rider, and the greenrider crept forward timidly, fingers just barely brushing against I'shan's elbow. He retracted his hand swiftly, body poised for flight. N'gelt's leaving removed a large portion of B'jin's fear, but blueriders could be just as nasty when the mood struck them. He didn't fancy I'shan was one of them - but he'd learnt to be cautious over the turns.

"Shel?" His voice was soft, barely above a whisper. Unsure whether to apologise or comfort, B'jin said no more, brown eyes alive with worry for his friend. He could remember being there. The fear. The worry. The guilt. Still poised for flight, B'jin's eyebrow drew together and he cautiously met I'shan's gaze. "More wine?" It was a very serious offer, B'jin's lips turned down at the corners. It wouldn't fix it, of course, but maybe I'shan could get drunk enough to forget about the issue for a few more hours. Then again, B'jin had little faith in the ability of alcohol to help forget; all it ever did for him was make it harder to forget.

Larrikith sighed dramatically as she rustled her wings. Why humans insisted on torturing themselves, she would never understand!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan watched N'gelt with a pained expression, trying to understand what was happening. I'shan was a spontaneous being who lived in the moment; discerning hidden emotions wasn't within his skill set. As he gazed at his lover and tried to make sense of his drunken, hazy speech, I'shan could only make assumptions based on what he knew: N'gelt was jealous, N'gelt hated greenriders, and I'shan had been way too close to B'jin.

I'shan hated jealousy. It was a cruel, unnecessary emotion that made the delicate little bluerider feel caged. N'gelt, though...for some reason, I'shan had tolerated it out of N'gelt.  He tolerated a lot of things out of N'gelt. Now, in his desperation, he was not only willing to tolerate it, but to plead for forgiveness for something he had no need to apologize for.

"N'gelt, please. I said I was sorry," he said, cringing nervously as N'gelt reached for his jacket. I'shan instinctively dove in close, trying to embrace the brownrider and dull his perceived anger. He quickly realized it wasn't going to work, though. N'gelt hissed something slurred and unintelligible before peeling away, his voice filled with sudden and intense pain.

Confused, I'shan stumbled back. His eyes widened and his heart dropped into his gut. Was he being abandoned?

You are misinterpreting him Ilveriath warned calmly. Once again, the blue suppressed his own concern to conceal it from I'shan. The bluerider was panicked enough to easily overlook it.

He's....he's throwing me away, just for dancing with someone? He'd never felt so small before. That was one of the things that thrilled him the most about N'gelt; in spite of the man's controlling, domineering ways...he made I'shan feel delicate and beautiful, worthwhile. Now, as N'gelt left him alone among the crowd, I'shan felt pitifully lonely and useless, like a discarded whore after a wild party.

He is drunk Ilveriath corrected dotingly, trying his best to calm his bonded. He knew both riders were drunk. N'gelt was obviously dealing with some personal problems and I'shan was prone to dramatics. They would be fine, wouldn't they? He certainly hoped so. N'gelt brought I'shan too much happiness for this to end on such a sudden, sad note.

The blue heaved a mental sigh.He could sense the panic welling up inside I'shan. The little bluerider's slender frame quivered as he closed his eyes and hung his head, all but oblivious to B'jin's attempted comforting.

"No," I'shan said at length. His voice was low, unnatural heavy and dark. There was no life in it at all. Stunned and still slightly inebriated, the bluerider turned his sad eyes on B'jin and just shook his head. "I think  I need to go home now. Thanks, though..." he said. He started to hug the man, but instantly thought better of it. N'gelt had him trained.

"...Good night," he murmured before slinking off. Ilveriath quickly collected him without saying a word.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin nodded slightly, once, understanding flaring through brown eyes as he met I'shan's sad and drunken gaze. He twisted the empty wine bottle between his own fingers. The greenrider didn't question I'shan's desire to go home, though his sad expression reflected B'jin's lack of desire to let his friend stew on his own. That would do little to fix the situation, but B'jin wasn't going to intervene; partly because he didn't think I'shan would appreciate it, but mostly because he was afraid. B'jin slipped backwards a step, masking his sudden flinch when I'shan went to hug him in the motion, posture stiffening slightly and eyes widening. His distressed friend didn't notice, for which B'jin would have been glad if he weren't also certain I'shan was fairly incapable of noticing much of anything right then.

"Night," B'jin murmured, voice barely above a whisper as the blue dropped out of the night sky to pick him up. The greenrider's gaze traced their exit, expression distinctly unhappy as the higher emotions leveled out, faded slightly, and left him feeling exhausted. B'jin? Yes, Larri? It came out a depressed sigh, B'jin's shoulder's slumping as he shook the empty wine bottle - just to make sure it actually was empty - and glanced toward the roof his dragon was perched on. R'nd is staring at you.

Surprise coursed through the greenrider at his dragon's words and he spun in the direction she indicated, brown eyes wide, to quickly spot R'nd amongst the partying crowd. Numerous emotions flashed across the man's face, before eyes brightened and a small smile tilted his lips up at the corners as he smiled warmly at the bluerider. Unable to determine what to make of the expression on the younger man's face, B'jin took the most sensible course of action he could think of at the point in time. He threw a wink - filled with promise and none of them answers - at the bluerider, and swept across the clearing used for dancing in the opposite direction to R'nd. He deposited his empty wine bottle on a table, and swept up a new one, thrilling in the realisation that it was not a Katilan brew.

Larrikith was less than amused, and her voice was dry and betrayed none of the depth of alcohol B'jin had been consuming, or that she now knew he planned to consume. I will bring him to you later, after he has finished dancing. Even as she spoke, B'jin was cajoling a fellow greenrider out into the dance space, clearly laughing as he teasted the other man with words and insistant fingers, though the wine bottle was making frequent trips to his mouth with a new found dedication that had already done a number on the liquid contents.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)