World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Adding to the Pile

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ayyonth! Ronarth called as he emerged from between, the last few rays of sunlight reflecting lightly on his golden-bronze hide. He swooped in swiftly and landed outside R'nd's hut, eyes whirling in pleasant greeting to his fellow dragon. Dragons had no sense of family and Ronarth didn't attach any special sentiment to the fact that Ayyonth was his son, but he was awfully fond of the energetic younger generation that was starting to populate the Weyr.

Too slowly for D'ren's liking, but Ronarth didn't really understand what the man was so worried about.

D'ren dismounted promptly, giving Ronarth a quick pat before heading for the door. While he trusted that Ronarth had sounded a warning for him, he still rapped politely on the door. He took pride in the increased level of privacy and independence riders had here over the traditional Weyrs of old. He surely wasn't going to intrude on it.

I hope we aren't bothering Ronarth said to Ayyonth, But D'ren heard a rumor that made him worry, and you wouldn't believe the way he worries! He gets all stressed out and repeats the same dreary thoughts in his head...I'm all for him going ahead and clearing it up before it gets bad! After a long and ultimately boring day, the bronze was literally trembling with the excitement that came with basic conversation. D'ren turned his head slightly and smiled. Ronarth's excitement always charmed him...well, at least when it wasn't annoying him. But even this it was still somehow charming.

"R'nd?" D'ren asked as the door opened. He smiled pleasantly and nodded to the younger man. "Good evening. Do you have a minute?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
R’nd wasn’t the neatest man alive but he still liked to have a presentable hut in case he happened to be entertaining that day or night so he had tossed the stray clothing into a pile and had just started on straightening the bedding when Ayyonth announced Ronarth and D’ren had arrived. At the knock, R’nd shot the door a look but ignored it for a moment in favour of finishing tidying his bed. It wasn’t that he expected the weyrleader of all people to inspect his bed to make sure it was up to Katila standards – he didn’t think D’ren would anyway but maybe he had missed an important announcement – but he only had a fur in his hand to place back on the bed. As he finished that and stepped back into the main room, D’ren peeked inside causing the bluerider to freeze and angle himself away from the man just enough to not look obvious but to hide the nice black and blue bruise his face sported.

“Weyrleader D’ren! Please, come in. Would you like some klah, wine, or ale?” As he offered the drinks it suddenly dawned on R’nd that D’ren didn’t usually make house calls, at least not to him or anyone he was good friends with. So, what had he done wrong or possibly even right? Maybe he was going to be congratulated for acknowledging Benden as his and therefore doing his part to help populate the Weyr with the next generation. Yeah, he liked that theory a lot more than what reality was likely to bring.

No, well, at least I’m not bothered. Ayyonth yawned and sat up in his burrow, watching the bronze all but hop from one foot to the other in excitement. Ronarth was his sire, or so R’nd often told him, but Ayyonth didn’t see anything that would make anyone think such a thing. Perhaps the enthusiasm to some dregee but even then he didn’t think he was that excitable. For as much as your rider worries, I’m sure mine is out causing enough trouble to match it.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I don't think R'nd has done anything wrong Ronarth mused, his large eyes blinking several times as he considered it. He was reasonably sure, but he would hate to relay faulty information to his friendly little broodling! D'ren is concerned about something, though. There are rumors that your rider was wounded Ronarth said, his statement twisted from actual fact by a combination of enthusiastic exaggeration and sheer ignorance. He creeled again.

Ronarth's antics and confusion didn't bother D'ren. Don't worry, R'nd is fine he said, ignoring all the reasons that made his statement obvious. It wouldn't help to actually point out to Ronarth that Ayyonth would be uncomfortable if R'nd was wounded, or that Ronarth would have heard the gossip - it was best to just reassure the beast.

"Ah, I'll have some wine, please," the bronzerider said as he stepped inside. R'nd's hospitality was pleasing, though the Weyrleader wasn't in much of a drinking mood. It wouldn't do to turn the bluerider's hospitality down. He smiled and stepped inside, closing the door softly behind.

"How are you doing this evening, R'nd?" D'ren asked as he looked around subtly. He found himself irked by the disorder, though it may not have been disorder to other peoples' eyes. D'ren liked things to be neat. R'nd's hut wasn't terrible, but it wasn't neat either. D'ren suppressed his desire to help tidy up and put on a smile that, in spite of his immediate compulsions, was wholly friendly.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I've been hearing some rumors...Could you look at me, please?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

That depends on who you ask. Ayyonth rumbled his amusement, knowing there were quite a few owners of broken hearts scattered throughout the weyr that would say his rider had done something wrong but he knew for the most part R’nd was rather well behaved. Wounded? Only his pride is ever truly wounded though the other night he did come out of it with a little more as well than that as well. I wonder how long he can dance around your rider’s questioning. You’re in for a good show, Ronarth.

“It’s no bother at all,” R’nd nodded at the request for wine and turned for the kitchen, mindful of the way he moved so D’ren wouldn’t catch sight of the bruising. Of course it was all for nothing the moment he had to get close enough to the weyrleader to hand over the glass he was now filling but perhaps he could come up with something before that moment that was seconds away. Then again, D’ren may already know and call him on it. R’nd froze at the polite command and then gave a soft chuckle, replying on impulse with a sly glance tossed at the older man, “I didn’t realize you longed to see my handsome face, Weyrleader.”

With a sigh, R’nd approached D’ren and handed him the glass of wine and looked to the side to show off the ugly bruise and black eye. “It’s really not that bad,” no, it was worse. R’nd was vain and it hurt him to the core to have his face marred. There hadn’t been any comfort in the bottle of wine he swiped from I’shan either. Unfortunately he knew D’ren wasn’t blind and didn’t let go of something that easily so he waved to his sitting area before grabbing a seat there himself, figuring they might as well be comfortable while he got in trouble. “Really, it’s nothing.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There was something terribly deliberate about the bluerider's movement. D'ren watched with distant scrutiny, taking note of R'nd's movements and trying to figure out what he was hiding.

Ah yes, the face. It was bleeding obvious now, how had he missed that?

"R'nd," D'ren said with a sympathetic but still rather stark frown. "It's nothing, is it?" he stepped forward, taking the glass of wine with a gracious nod, and looked to the couch. "Do you mind if I have a seat? This job is wearing on me, I'm getting old before my time!" He winked playfully as he spoke, but some drab truth lurked behind his warm voice. He was starting to look a little more worn down each day. It wouldn't be long before his rusty hair descended into a premature grey, especially at this rate. He carried the burden well, so to speak, but it was definitely there for those who chose to look.

He seated himself comfortably and sent an imploring look to R'nd. "Why don't you tell me what happened?" he inquired, crossing one leg over the other and arching a brow at the bluerider. D'ren would have much preferred to be on a social call, rather than sniffing around for news of troublemakers. It had to be done, though. There had been too many incidents of violence and near-violence in the Weyr lately. It needed to be sorted out.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd managed a small smile for D’ren as the man made his way to the couch and cracked a bit of a joke. The bronzerider didn’t have anything to worry about; he was a handsome man and aging was agreeing with him and found himself saying as much. “You don’t look old or drained, though perhaps a bit stressed.” That coming from the latest man to be in trouble was no doubt rich and R’nd wondered how many stress lines he was the cause of. At least several, he concluded when D’ren continued, wishing to learn what mischief a bluerider could get into now.

Impulse wanted R’nd to say that nothing happened but they both knew that wasn’t true and it wouldn’t be a satisfying answer for either of them. He glanced down at his hands, and picked at imaginary dirt beneath recently cleaned nails as way of distraction. He didn’t want to talk about it, especially not with the weyrleader. He hadn’t even stayed to talk or retaliate when it happened and I’shan was the one that needed to hear from him the most. In truth, it was his own arrogance and enjoyment in needling the cranky brownrider that had earned the punch and R’nd couldn’t blame N’gelt or even rat him out. Finally R’nd looked up from his hands and to D’ren with a confident expression though he really didn’t think his explanation would work, “Anything that happened was of my doing and justified.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I appreciate the sentiment," D'ren said with passive appreciation as he took another sip. It was reassuring to hear such compliments from his riders. He imagined many of them did it just for the brownie points, but he didn't peg R'nd as one such rider. "Stressed...  I suppose you could say that," he replied, downplaying just how stressed he was. The upcoming hatching was weighing on his mind. He desperately, desperately hoped for the appearance of a queen egg.

He paused and let out a weary sigh. Endearment flickered across his features for only a moment before he lifted his free hand, slowly rubbing his temples. He picked up on the bluerider's body language easily enough. There was something R'nd didn't want to tell him. Anticipating an extended interrogation, D'ren was mildly surprised when R'nd outright admitted that he didn't want to disclose any information.

Well, that's effectively what he'd said.

D'ren chuckled weakly, but at the same time, felt a stab of exasperation. The bronzerider preferred to see the good in everyone and was trusting enough that any lie probably would have satisfied him. However, R'nd's cryptic choice of words set off all kinds of warnings. "Who are you trying to protect?" he inquired softly, his tone nonthreatening. "That other bluerider you hang around with, perhaps?" I'shan was a handful as well. D'ren wasn't aware of I'shan's aversion to violence, but he was aware of the little bluerider's temper and carefully polished pride. That seemed like a good recipe for getting in scraps. He was also the exact sort of person R'nd would probably defend.

D'ren was close. He watched R'nd curiously.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“No!” R’nd’s vehement denial came out stronger and louder than even he expected and quickly looked away to regain his composure and miss any shock he may have caused the weyrleader. “I’shan…” was it betraying his friend to tell their leader of his hatred for violence? R’nd didn’t think it would land his fellow bluerider in trouble but he still approached the situation delicately as he looked back at D’ren. “I’shan is one of my closest friends and he opposes violence and certainly would not hit someone, especially me. In fact, I would gladly take or give the punishment for him but that isn’t what happened.” Grey eyes hardened into a glare that issued a challenge, daring the bronzerider to say otherwise. D’ren had R’nd’s full support and even now he was being as cooperative as he could be but having his loyalty to friends put into question or being called a liar didn’t sit well with the bluerider.

He most certainly was telling the truth as well! I’shan was there and he was the implied prize for coming in second when R’nd gave his poorly worded take on that day but I’shan was not the cause and had nothing to do with the black eye. He supposed his friend could be blamed for some of the pain, however, as R’nd worried constantly over how I’shan was feeling and being treated after he left. None of that would come to light if he could manage it though. R’nd would speak the truth as best as he could while leaving out details that didn’t really affect the story. So what could he tell D’ren that didn’t involve ‘I teased N’gelt and he punched me without even blinking before turning back to his dinner like he had just brushed lint from his tunic’? Well, he wasn’t a Harper but R’nd knew he could come up with fancy words to explain most of his feelings or, more often than not, seduce someone into bed. So why not use that skill now and hope the weyrleader didn’t keep asking for a name?

“I can’t, won’t tell you, D’ren.” Perhaps he should have kept going with proper titles but the moment seemed to call more for names than titles that could come off as impersonal or mocking. “One day Thread may fall, Northerners may come, or a pride of felines may rampage through the weyr. I may be in the same wing as the person I had a run in with or I may be protecting them. Either way, I want that person to know I can be trusted. It was a matter between us and I believe it’s resolved. I know you’ll say that withholding information from you makes it so you can’t trust me. I like to think this proves you can since it shows I can handle problems I get into and learn from them, which I certainly did! I don’t really enjoy that level of pain. And it shows I care about my fellow Katilans.” He tried his hardest to keep from specifying that it was a rider, and likely one of a higher rank, that had hit him but D’ren had probably already guessed it when he tried pinning the black eye on I’shan of all people.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The bronzerider's eyes widened subtly at R'nd's response - not exactly sharp, but definitely spirited. D'ren hadn't expected that out of the typically easygoing and relaxed bluerider. He knew R'nd had a trouble making streak, but trouble making and this kind of zealous forcefulness were two different things.

"Hold on now," he said, holding his free hand up in a lazy defensive gesture, "I was only taking a guess. I'shan got into a scrap not long ago," he reasoned. It made sense for him to zero in on I'shan; the little bluerider was temperamental and rather close to R'nd. It was easily conceivable that R'nd might try to shield him from punishment. R'nd assertion that he would bear any punishment for I'shan only prodded the Weyrleader's suspicions further.

It didn't help that D'ren was a bit of a biased man. Once he branded someone no good - like I'shan - he didn't have much faith in them afterwards. R'nd wasn't on that list, and for the time being, D'ren was being patient with him. Still, he frowned in disappointment. "R'nd, you need to tell me," he said flatly. "I'd love to clear I'shan, if just for your sake. But I need to know who it was." R'nd's little outburst did bring a smile to the bronzerider's face, though.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R'nd wasn't going to be baited into another outburst and fell silent while D'ren waited for his question to be answered with a name. He wasn't going to win this battle and R'nd wasn't sure why he thought he could charm, out-wit, or out-stubborn the weyrleader in the first place. In the end, he knew he was protecting himself just as much as he was protecting I'shan. His moody and spoiled friend more than likely wouldn't take too kindly to having his boy toy getting in trouble and it would strain their friendship, even if only for a short while, and R'nd didn't really want that. Of course there stood a strong chance of N'gelt retaliating even after he was punished once for fighting since the brownrider didn't seem to be the sort to care about rules and consequences. So R'nd wasn't in the mood to get his ass handed to him or to land in trouble himself because the next time they tangled he wasn't sure he would play passive and walk away.

Finally, he found an answer but knew it wouldn't be the right one given it lacked finger-pointing. "I give you my word that I'shan did not hit me. He abhors violence. The most physical we've ever been is playful nudging when we're teasing each other." R'nd's gaze was still intense but not as fiery as before though it was tamed further as he couldn't help but smile softly, amused at how different his friendships were from person to person. Too bad D'ren wouldn't care about the strength of giving his word or maybe he misspoke and the weyrleader would twist around the innocence of their friendship and make it seem like it escalated one day.

"I said something when I knew I shouldn't have since tension was high already. I didn't appreciate a fist to the face as an answer to my arrogance but I know I deserved it all the same." It was the best answer D'ren was likely going to get out of the stubborn bluerider and in a way he had just pinned himself as the one who caused the black eye and charming bruising. "I'm sorry to be a disappointment, Weyrleader, but I promise, that's how it played out."

As he waited for the next round of demanding a name, R'nd wondered what type of punishment he was in for.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren listened to R'nd again, expression at once stoic and thoughtful as he considered the implications of the man's words. It didn't seem likely that I'shan was the culprit after all. R'nd's defense of him was valiant enough, and if R'nd was going to lie to protect I'shan, D'ren figured he'd name someone he disliked or just come up with a different explanation all together.

The Weyrleader's mind started entertaining a different possibility. He was a bronzerider. He was also getting on in years. He remembered Ista Weyr in its heyday, with all the bustle and vigor of a strong Weyr with a large population. He also remembered the colorism that came with it, how lower riders were sometimes bullied and mistreated by his bronze and brownriding companions. He frowned.

"R'nd, you're safe talking to me," he said. He spoke gently, though not so gently as to offend the bluerider's honor. R'nd wasn't some delicate child or lady that needed protecting. He was, however, a bluerider. The idea that someone was picking on him or had perhaps attacked him and pressured him to keep quiet was perfectly realistic. "I won't allow anything to come of it, that I promise you," he said, trying to reassure R'nd and let him know what he was in good hands.

Ronarth was puzzled. Ayyonth, who hit R'nd? he inquired. He didn't order, though as Nirinath's mate he very well could. He was just curious at this point, and as amusing as it was to see D'ren worrying over R'nd like a battered woman, it wasn't going to get very far.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd eyed D’ren suspiciously, trying to find the trap that had to be laid for him to stumble into with the new tactic. He trusted the weyrleader, though some of the decisions weren’t always popular and even R’nd didn’t completely agree with all of them, like the method of Stealing, but he could see how and why every decision made was important. So it bothered the young bluerider to doubt the man now and to continue withholding one little name. It would be so easy to give in now just to end the interrogation that neither of them wanted to be a part of but could he really do it?

He leaned forward, elbows dropping to his knees and hands catching his head as he buried his face. He was loyal to both the weyrleader and his friends but how could he continue staying loyal to I’shan by withholding the name D’ren needed to show his loyalty there? Slowly, R’nd straightened again, still at a loss for what to do which meant it was time to ask questions instead of tossing out explanations and reasons that weren’t getting him anywhere. “I’ve been refusing to tell you the name for my own reasons and none of those reasons is because the person who hit me threatened me,” R’nd wasn’t even sure if N’gelt realized he had punched someone given the inebriated state of the brownrider that night, “so please tell me why I should tell you the name. If I told you, would you go after that person for punishment or would you do nothing but secretly observe them for another slip up? You did, after all, say you won’t allow anything to come of it.”

Ayyonth had been thoroughly amused by the efforts both men put forward with trying to hide or find the answer and barely contained his laughter at D’ren’s newest theory that R’nd was abused and forced into silence. But it was the question aimed at him that drew away the laughter and turned his attention to his companion. Settling back down and resting his head on his forelegs, Ayyonth turned sad eyes onto Ronarth. I’m sorry, Ronarth, I shouldn’t tell you. R’nd is determined to keep that name to himself and not start more trouble. He didn’t want to tell the friendly and even naïve bronze no but he couldn’t betray his rider either, not unless he was ordered and he warned R’nd he had to spill.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren resisted his desire to groan in dismay. He really didn't see the problem here. R'nd was a reasonable young man, yes? He should have no problem helping the administration do what it needed to do. D'ren could admire the young man for keeping his word. He was obviously quite loyal to whoever he was protecting (D'ren still assumed I'shan was at least involved in some way). This was a problem, though. The bronzerider would have loved to just drop it and go, but lately he'd been receiving a lot of accusations that he was too soft.

Too soft. That's not something he would have ever thought of as a criticism, at least not until now.

He eyed  R'nd with visible suspicion, but his expression remained soft. "R'nd," he said, deciding to try one more time, "You're putting me in a difficult position. I understand why you're doing this, believe me! But I can't just sit here and let you evade me," he said, sounding less like a forceful Weyrleader and more like a disappointed father. He shook his head slowly and crossed one leg over the other, leaning back in his seat and adopting a more relaxed position.

"Come on now. I'll be honest with you; yes, I will be investigating. But I won't tell them where I got the tip." He considered telling Ronarth to order the information out of Ayyonth, but such efforts didn't always work out. As Nirinath's mate, Ronarth could do it...but Ronarth wasn't actually very good at it. The poor beast had a hard time telling when things were serious, it would seem.

Oh! I'll do it! Me! ME! Ronarth chimed so suddenly that D'ren jumped, nearly spilling his wine. He sighed and let out a small chuckle. "Pardon me. That dragon will be the death of me," he murmured, cutting his eyes towards the window.

Ronarth never actually went through with his offer. He was otherwise distracted. Hello, Ilveriath! 

A moment later, Ronarth's nose was in I'shan's face. Whatcha doing?

D'ren arched his brow as he heard a faint squealing sound outside. Hmm, how strange. Probably just Ronarth doing something silly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Notice, my dear, that Ronarth is present. I suspect the Weyrleader is visiting R'nd Ilveriath said as he skimmed the low cloudline and swooped down towards the huts. The blue landed swiftly, issuing a rumble of greenting to Ronarth and Ayyonth as he folded his wings. Are you certain you wish to disturb them? he inquired.

I'shan dismounted. His expression was comically serious. Ilveriath, listen to me! D'ren can NOT know I'm out here! he said as he crept towards the hut, as if sliding through the shadows would actually hide him. His arrival aback a large blue beast wasn't a bold announcement of his presence or anything. To I'shan, this was serious! The whole lot of them might get in trouble for the punching incident, and I'shan wanted to know why exactly the Weyrleader was there. How much did he know?

Ask Ronarth to be quiet! I don't want D'ren to know I'm here!

Before he could make it to the window, however, I'shan found himself greeted by Ronarth's blunt snout. I'shan paused where he stood, hair on his arms standing on end as he looked into Ronarth's curious blue eyes. What the shards did one do when faced with the Weyrleader's bronze?

"...Good dragon," I'shan said lamely, reaching out and placing his fingertips gingerly on Ronarth's nose. He pushed gently. It had no effect.

Whatcha doing? an unfamiliar mindvoice asked.

I'shan squealed.

Ronarth! If you please? Ilveriath said diplomatically. He lowered his head and placed his thin neck in between I'shan and Ronarth, ever wary of the bronze's famed boundary issues. Ilveriath didn't appreciate something so large cuddling his I'shan without consent.

Ronarth snorted in confusion and withdrew. I'shan promptly ducked under Ilveriath's neck, creeping up to the window. Is he going to stay quiet?

He has agreed, under the misinformation that we are playing a game with his bonded 

Well, it's kind of true

With that, I'shan peeked nervously through the window. Just what was D'ren talking to R'nd about?!

Ilveriath sighed and looked to Ayyonth. Never in a thousand turns shall this work

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

The disappointment in D’ren’s tone was obvious and R’nd found that it stung. He was a man that had more or less turned his back on his family when he excitedly went to Benden upon being Searched and then went South with his Searcher, never looking back at his family since; though he really hadn’t been allowed to but that was beside the point. He essentially had lived independently for more than half of his life but he also flourished under praise and approval. D’ren was the ultimate parental figure, so to speak, in their small community and while he didn’t interact much one-on-one with the weyrleader, R’nd still liked to be in his good favour and know he wasn’t a disappointment to those that mattered, especially those of a personal nature. He had had his suspicions it would come to this but now he knew that choosing to protect his friend that had done nothing wrong but fall for a guy that was a jerk to everyone but I’shan would be a hard path to stick to but he would do it all the same.

His shoulders hunched forward and grey eyes lowered their gaze to the floor, utterly uncaring that he was showing how defeated he was feeling. When the commotion outside started, R’nd paid it no mind as his hut wasn’t exactly sitting in the middle of nowhere and something happening outdoors wasn’t entirely uncommon and started to look back at D’ren, his new wave of resolve kicking in, “I’m sorry, but I--” his words were cut off as D’ren startled from something Ronarth had said and there was a very familiar sounding squeal soon after. He had his suspicions and tried to gain information from Ayyonth.

What’s going on out there? Ayyonth silently watched Ilveriath and I’shan arrive and was treated to a bit of entertainment at Ronarth’s enthusiastic  greeting. He didn’t think I’shan was so jumpy though the man was behaving oddly and it seemed like he didn’t want anyone to know he was there. If that were the case than he should have had Ilveriath wait elsewhere but he held his peace, far too interested to see where it all led. It was why he replied casually to R’nd, stating the truth yet not, just the usual antics. Nothing to worry about. He truly didn’t think I’shan would ever do anything to hurt R’nd and if anything, the blue that sat up, shaking off his wave of sadness at keeping information from the bronze, felt this could work out for the best for the two blueriders. Turning his attention to Ilveriath, Ayyonth rumbled his amusement, Probably not though if I’shan has mastered his stealthy tech… no, never mind.

R’nd wasn’t sure if he fully believed Ayyonth and would have questioned him further but D’ren took priority. Or he would have if movement in the window behind the weyrleader didn’t catch his eye and give him a moment of shock. What was I’shan doing spying in on him?! Had his friend heard about D’ren’s visit or perhaps simply saw Ronarth outside his hut and feared the worst? That was a bit disappointing if I’shan believed he would squeal that easily. At least I’shan would soon see what a stubborn man his friend could be. “Under the circumstances of how I earned the punch, there were no witnesses so the person that owns the hard fist would know it was me and as I have said numerous times, I don’t plan on giving the name. The matter has been resolved and it certainly won’t be repeated, at least not with me.”

Straightening as he spoke and stealing himself against what he knew was coming, R’nd didn’t take his eyes off of the weyrleader and finally added, “I’m not sure what the going punishment is for denying you information but I think we’re at a stalemate until you slap me with something.” He really hoped that wouldn’t be a physical slap either. One hit to the face was more than enough for him, thank you very much!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren sure felt like making it a physical slap. He actually wasn't proud of his increased irritability of late. He blamed stress, the obvious culprit, but his impeccable standards that he set for himself did not include slapping people around. That's exactly what he was there to discouraged.

R'nd's disappointment was visible. D'ren frowned, adding his own to the mix, though a suspicious expression flickered across his face as R'nd froze in shock. "...Something wrong, R'nd?" the bronzerider asked, arching one brow with curious misgiving. He looked around coolly, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever had alerted the bluerider, but it didn't occur to him to look out the window directly behind him.

Ronarth, what are they doing?

I don't know Ronarth replied with pathetic truthfulness. He'd lost all hope of understanding the 'prank' the two blues were pulling. He fanned his wings and let out a sigh. Ilveriath has gone now, though. I am not sure where

D'ren blinked. Ilveriath? What was Ilveriath doing there?

D'ren stood up and peeked out the window. I'shan had managed to escape around the corner of the hut while Ilveriath had spirited off into the darkness, at his rider's request of course.

He was right there, I swear it Ronarth said, trying to sound official, but failing splendidly.

D'ren frowned. "R'nd, what the shards is going on?" he asked patiently.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd resisted the urge to slap his forehead at I’shan’s antics which would likely land them both in trouble after all the effort he went to in order to keep his friend in the clear. “I don’t know!” Really, who actually did know what the shards was going on where I’shan was concerned? R’nd was seriously considering revoking their friendship if he didn’t throttle his fellow bluerider before he had the chance to. Then again, he wasn’t making any progress with D’ren so maybe a wild I’shan sighting wasn’t such a bad thing. At least it shifted the focus of the conversation. They might both end up off the hook if D’ren was confused enough to just leave without further interrogation.

Still, he had to find out what was going on before D’ren did. Ayyonth, what is he up to? There was a moment’s pause as if the dragon was either trying to sort out I’shan’s latest antics or find a decent cover story. Given it was Ayyonth, R’nd was inclined to believe the former as the latter came to him far too easily when he was in the mood to make his bonded suffer. I’m not certain. Neither have said what they were here for other than I’shan had a desire to peek in on you and the Weyrleader.

This really wasn’t going to end well. R’nd was of half a mind to call for his friend to join them in the conversation just to save them all the time of D’ren spotting him and giving an added lecture. Might as well put the idea out there. If nothing else, it would send his friend away and they could say I’shan was going to pop in for a visit but left when Ronarth was spotted. D’ren wouldn’t buy it but R’nd certainly didn’t have anything better to go with since the truth eluded him. Please ask Ilveriath if I’shan would like to join us inside. Assuming he’s not playing the worst round of hide and seek, that is.

Ayyonth repeated the question to his fellow blue brethren, sarcastic comment and all though he didn’t believe any more than R’nd did that I’shan would want to enter the conversation even though he was a surprisingly frequent star of it.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren stood at the window for a few long moments, his eyes narrowed. Little did he know that blue dragons were talking behind his back, but Ronarth certainly knew.

D'ren! Ronarth complained, clearly alarmed.  They're talking behind my back

D'ren's brows furrowed. Then tell them to stop he suggested, squinting into the darkness in search who whoever was peeping on him...apparently I'shan, but he saw no direct evidence.

Ronarth growled. His eyes flushed red for a moment as he shot a mental glower at the blue pair, both dragons he normally enjoyed the company of. They're making me feel stupid, D'ren! I hate it! i hate it! he hissed, wings stretching out and flaring in an uncharacteristic display of anger.

It hit D'ren like a brick. He grunted and snapped his head away from the window. He froze in place, spending an uncomfortably long moment trying to talk his dragon down. Ronarth! Shhhh.... he urged. He could feel himself heating up and blushing in anxiety.

I am not stupid! the bronze hissed indignantly. They..they can't just pull tricks on us! I don't like it, D'ren! Make them stop! The last comment was accompanied by a sudden bellow, loud enough that D'ren covered his ears.

"Ronarth! That's enough!" he shouted suddenly. That was the last straw. He wasn't angry, he was borderline panicked. The entire situation was horribly frustrating. R'nd's refusal to work with him bordered on a lack of respect, and now Ronarth was losing it over the blues' games. D'ren frowned and headed for the door, already sweaty and blushing. "I'm going to have to deal with this..." he said curtly. His head was pounding. "Ronarth comes first. Have...have a good evening."

In his haste, he totally forgot to punish R'nd for his refusal to cooperate.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ayyonth requests our presence inside

Well, tell him no way!

I'shan smirked as he crept around the hut, feeling entirely pleased with himself. He did, however, sense a dash of discomfort and concern in Ilveriath. This is unwise he cautioned, all to aware of Ronarth's mounting frustration. The bronze knew that he and Ayyonth were talking behind his back, and it was making him grumpy.

I'shan refuses Ilveriath whispered uncomfortably.

I'shan completely ignored the dragons and made his way to the window that he knew led into R'nd's bedroom. He reached up and carefully slid it open before pulling himself up and inside. He curled up in the floor and waited in amused silence, though the amusement came to an abrupt end when he heard Ronarth's bellow. A shiver of terror ran through Ilveriath, which quickly permeated I'shan as well.  He gasped and curled up tightly against the wall. Fortunately, the incident was soon past, though Ilveriath remained extremely uncomfortable.

Hmm, commotion outside. I'shan waited until D'ren was gone before getting up.

I'shan slowly stood up and moved into the living quarters. "...Hey R'nd," he said with a nervous laugh. "...What did D'ren leave in such a hurry for? He...sounded upset."

I knew this would never work

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Sire or not, Ayyonth shrank back from the bellowing bronze, shamed and intimidated by the uncharacteristic anger displayed. Not only was the weyrleader mad and disappointed with R’nd, but now Ronarth didn’t like either of them. Ayyonth whimpered and curled up tightly in his wallow, doing his best to disappear without actually taking off without his bonded that wasn’t fairing much better inside.

R’nd was still shivering from Ronarth’s angry outburst even after D’ren excused himself. That was a terrifying sound and knowing he had a part in bringing it about didn’t sit well with the young bluerider. Would it still be wise to eat in the dining hall? Perhaps he should avoid such settings where D’ren would be so he didn’t remind rider or bronze of this night. He’d also have to work extra hard on his chores and training to make up for the stain he now had on his record. At least he hadn’t been punished for refusing to help the weyrleader by giving him information about troublemakers? For now, anyway. Who knew what the next day or anything after would bring.

He threw his arms up in frustration and flopped back against the chair. He didn’t need this, he really didn’t need this! His face was still tender from meeting N’gelt’s fist, he was still reeling from Volfetti introducing Benden to him only the night before, and then he had to dance circles around the issue of his fabulous bruise in order to protect his friendship with I’shan, the last on the list of why his life currently sucked now coming into question thanks to that friend. I’shan’s untimely appearance and antics had indeed distracted D’ren from his purpose of visiting but R’nd wasn’t sure he liked how it turned out.

Whether he wanted another distraction from thinking too much on recent events, he got one in the form of a familiar voice that was accompanied by an unusual nervous laughter. Of course I’shan had every right to be worried about what had happened given he was a major part of the cause but he also should have known R’nd wouldn’t snap at him. Then again, perhaps his friend that enjoyed mischief even more than he did felt that breaking point had finally been reached? Thinking on it, R’nd wasn’t even sure and only shook his head, not looking behind him to where I’shan emerged from the bedroom. “Funny you mention that. D’ren left because of how upset Ronarth is which I’m sure you’re well aware of,” even though he was still rattled by the bellow and the encounter with D’ren in general, R’nd sent more soothing thoughts to Ayyonth to help calm him and reassure him he wasn’t really at fault.

“Your timing is also amazing, Shel. You were quite the star of our conversation tonight.” All that work to make sure I’shan was innocent in D’ren’s mind, gone with a roar of a bronze.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath appeared from the darkness, thin form quickly settling on the ground to curl up close to Ayyonth. The blue was visibly shaken after the incident and was thankful to have been far away when Ronarth threw his little temper tantrum. Fortunately, as far as tantrums went, Ronarth tended to get over them quickly. Ilveriath hoped that such would be the case this time, as well.

He craned his neck over and butted his head lightly against Ayyonth. Fear not he crooned, Ronarth will remember nothing of this tomorrow. Ilveriath's calming words came easily, but in reality he was quite nervous as well. He knew he spoke the truth, but it was still distressing to hear your leader bronze lose his temper like that. Ilveriath's disapproval was evident to his fellow dragons, but he kept it tucked away from I'shan. Ilveriath's desire to protect his fragile rider easily overcame any desire he had to scold him for the mess he'd landed them all in.

Inside, a guilt-stricken look washed over the perky little bluerider. It wasn't a familiar expression. Guilt usually flew right over his head, leaving him free to skip along to his next destructive project. This mess was a little bit too big to ignore, though.

He could feel Ilveriath's displeasure skirting around the sidelines of his mind, but R'nd's was right there in his face. I'shan bit his lip and took a timid step forward.

"Sorry," he said lamely. I'shan wasn't very good at apologizing. His heart sank a bit and he helped himself to a seat on R'nd couch. He found it hard to actually make eye contact with his friend. I'shan looked pitiful like this, his expression dour and his thin body drawn up tightly where he sat. "What...what was he even here for? I was afraid he might have heard about the....incident with N'gelt."

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Ayyonth liked Ilveriath and had no reason to doubt his fellow blue, despite him seeming just as nervous. But Ilveriath was older, knew Ronarth better, and while Ayyonth had to deal with R'nd's wild ways, Ilveriath had I'shan to deal with and wasn't a stranger to trouble. The weyrleader will remember though. He was getting frsutrated with R'nd and even disappointed that he wouldn't say who hit him. Taking the light head butt as a sign of encouragement and without knowing how close Ilveriath might be to Saquith, Ayyonth shuffled closer to the slightly larger dragon until he could nestle against him. R'nd doesn't like when people hate him.

Well there was something that wasn't seen everyday. I'shan actually looked and sounded remorseful for his antics. Normally, R'nd was right there with his friend, laughing at the trouble that was being caused or helping to cover tracks and make sure stayed out of serious trouble. Dealing with D'ren fell into one of those categories though it was close to being in both as a fit of laughter at all the crap he was currently in was close to happening. R'nd held it in, however, and even managed to keep any snide comments about I'shan's feelings in check as his gaze fell on his friend and grey eyes focused from their dazed expression. "I'shan... N'gelt's a brownrider but he's still not dumb enough to brag about hitting a fellow rider and you certainly wouldn't rat him out. So that leaves me and I wouldn't say anything because I provoked him and he means something to you."

It stung a little that I'shan, likely without meaning to, was implying that R'nd would get the brownrider in trouble. He supposed it was a logical jump given what he had just laid out and it wasn't like D'ren made a habit of visiting him either so doing so now would look suspicious. So R'nd shrugged aside that open opportunity to whine and act like a spoiled child who had a mean friend and continued with an explanation. "He heard about me being injured though. I cut back on public appearances but I couldn't avoid everything so naturally word would spread. He tried to get me to say who struck me but I wouldn't. I tried to say it was my fault, everything was resolved, and even suggest he punish me for not telling him what he wanted to hear."

Fingers brushed over the bruising under his eye in a gentle caress, something he did far too much of since being sober enough to be curious about the hideous mark, and winced as he touched the area that had been extra sensitive that day. With a sigh, he reached for the glass D'ren had left behind, and gulped back the remaining wine, uncaring that it had been poured for and tasted by another.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath exhaled, finally at ease now that Ronarth's distress ad aggravation had faded, and nestled against Ayyonth. He appreciated the fellow blue's company in these situations. I'shan was comfort, yes, but Ilveriath felt far too protective of his partner to expose him to his anxieties. Ilveriath preferred to play the role of the protector, not out of pride but out of necessity.

Right now, though, I'shan was seeking solace in another human. The bluerider seated himself on R'nd couch and sighed, his head hanging low and his shoulders slumped. "I didn't mean to cause trouble," he repeated, for once genuinely shamed for having done so. The fact that he could have gotten them all in trouble with his stunt made his stomach churn.

"I know you wouldn't betray me," he said softly, "But I wouldn't expect you to get yourself in trouble for N'gelt," he explained softly, timidly unaware of the mild contradiction in his statement. He grimaced and shook his head. "I mean...well, I wouldn't blame you," he said softly.

He slowly stood up and produced a soft laugh. "Thank you, though. You were doing fine without my help, right?" He seemed intent to go ahead and bounce back, though Ilveriath suspected it was a bit of a front. I'shan would think about this again later, but for now he was running from his problems.

I'shan so often felt like an inferior friend.

He slid forward and hugged R'nd tightly, not bothering to ask permission or telegraph his actions. "Thanks for putting up with me. I probably need to head back about now," he said with gratitude.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“I’m not in trouble for N’gelt. I’m in trouble for you.” It was more or less the same thing but R’nd’s logic existed solely to make himself feel better and change the outlook on people and situations into something he could like. So while he was protecting N’gelt by not talking, that was ignored in favour of keeping I’shan happy by not saying a word about his attacker. “But watch yourself, I’shan. D’ren was convinced you hit me though I don’t know why. I did my best to dissuade him.”

Being pulled into a hug had R’nd stiffening in fear that N’gelt would come charging in and pummel him for touching I’shan but he quickly relaxed and returned the gesture when he reminded himself they were safe within his hut and the two blue dragons outside would warn them of impending doom.
“I put up with you because I want to, not because I have to, Shel. And you’ll always be a welcomed friend here… just stick with using the door, okay?” R’nd laughed as he jumped to his feet, pulling I’shan in for another hug. His friend was a spoiled brat but it was oddly charming and R’nd simply couldn’t stay mad or even dream of kicking the man out of his life or even his hut – well, in the case of the latter, it depended on who he was entertaining at the time.

R’nd escorted I’shan to the door and sent him away with a grin and a pat on his back, “now, go and enjoy the rest of the night!” R’nd likely wouldn’t follow his own advice given the last two days’ worth of news and drama but he hoped his friend would. After all, there just wasn’t a need for two sulking blueriders no matter the reason.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)