World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Working Dinner [Talian]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Breccan watched Talian's mobile face with interest. His features gave so much away; it was remarkable that she still felt like she knew nothing about him. She had always been careful to internalize more than express any emotions she had, which generally resulted in a face that could either be described as serene or expressionless, depending. True, strong reactions often made it through, and she occasionally had to struggle to control her expressions, but watching Talian's face was almost voyeuristic.

His confusion was clear enough, but she had to conclude that his dominant opinion was still negative, for both dragons he knew. "Is she much like Grith?" she hazarded, wondering if all Greens were just as bubbly as the one she'd met. If they were, that cemented her opinion that she had no desire to ride Green. On the one hand, perhaps a Greenrider would be missed far later than a dragon of another color, and she might manage to fly her north. On the other, she just could not handle a Grith in her life.

"Is that why you were forbidden from the Touching?" she asked, interested. She grasped that by 'lifestyle' he didn't specifically mean the rampant sex, but she was curious how much that word encompassed for him. Also, she doubted he thought about sex much. Talian was pleasantly attractive, but didn't exactly seem the type for a healthy libido. She'd certainly not detected so much as a flicker of attraction to herself, but, then again, perhaps he preferred men. Plenty did. Faranth, she certainly did. The appeal of women had always been a deeply baffling idea to her. She personally had absolutely no interest in that direction. Men were just fine.

"Good," she answered with a touch of relief. Primitive bush-healing couldn't keep all of these people alive, so she'd guessed there were more healers somewhere, or Talian and Lym were simply constantly worked to the bone. That hadn't been her experience, not yet, but as she was getting recognizable to those who frequented the Hall, she'd had more demands on her time. Overall she found the increased responsibility pleasant. It kept her hands and mind busy, and that was what she needed most. Taking advantage of his pause to likewise have some more stew, she continued to eat steadily as he explained. His proud tone made her smile, and she couldn't resist a teasing jab. "Perhaps you're learning to swagger after all," she interjected, tone amused.

"Oh, if either of us are sticks, it's me. I spent plenty of time on the Candidate Isle, and more moping. I'm afraid I was useless for quite a while," she confessed, mild disgust putting an an edge on her words, "Now I can hardly see the point of all the laying about I did. I probably would have just pouted at you if we'd met any earlier." She had been thoroughly pathetic, and she knew it. At least she hadn't been prone to bursting into tears in public, but the way she'd responded had been immature and certainly hadn't profited her in any way. Now she could think of six different ways she could have spent that time and perhaps gotten ahead. The waste was appalling.

The long pause in his speech took her attention away from her food, and she looked up at him, surprised to see him so suddenly distant. His flat denial that there was any way to go back home was disheartening. She'd hoped, perhaps even expected, that he'd have ideas, know of weak points. Almost against her will, she heard herself ask, "What did they die of?" It was probably a callous question, but it was the only way to get any information. She was reasonably sure she could keep herself alive in the jungle, at least so far as food and water went, but she wasn't sure what sort of predators called that green wild home. Felines, almost certainly, and a wherry or five could bring down a person if so inclined.

The name Volfetti had been suggested to her earlier. She wondered why she hadn't taken advantage of the opportunity to meet the girl yet. Ah, well, apparently she was staying, so she'd have plenty of time to get to know whoever she pleased. His question was one she'd considered often over the days since the Touching, and she paused for a sip of her juice, considering. "I know that nothing will convince me I can't go back like Impressing, so in that way, I don't hope for it," she began slowly, "But if I must stay, and that seems to be the general consensus, I believe Impressing is the best way to have a say in what happens to me. Perhaps I don't know enough to make that assertion."

She took another sip, stalling for time to think. "If the bond is really what they say, though..." she trailed off, uncertain she wanted to finish that thought. This was very personal ground; she was already sorry the phrase had made it past her lips. "Being known in every way and loved for all your life, I can't imagine anyone who doesn't want that," she lightened her tone with a heavy attempt at levity. She did want that, but she feared it, too. If she were left Standing, that would be devastating. Perhaps she didn't actively want to Impress, but she also did not want to fail at it, especially when the choices the dragons made were based upon everything you were and had ever been. Being told that all of her wasn't good enough would be, ah, unpleasant.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Working Dinner [Talian] - by Breccan - 04.Mar.12, 07:02 PM
Re: working dinner [talian] - by T'lian - 04.Mar.12, 08:45 PM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by Breccan - 04.Mar.12, 09:20 PM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by T'lian - 04.Mar.12, 09:44 PM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by Breccan - 06.Mar.12, 10:01 PM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by T'lian - 08.Mar.12, 06:12 AM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by Breccan - 10.Mar.12, 06:57 PM
Re: Working Dinner [Talian] - by T'lian - 11.Mar.12, 03:09 AM