World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Overrated Revenge [J'ver]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Rage.  Shanith had cornered the teenager, kept him close by while the greenrider sewed up the cut on the lizard's side.  Redwort, numbweed had been applied and she'd bandaged the wound, overlaying her anger with calm to keep her flitter from panicking.  Flit hovered overhead, the green plainly worried about her friend. 

She had coaxed the flitter into her sling after, not wanting her flitting around just yet.  A look outside the window of her hut showed that Shanith was still keeping the boy there. 

Rage.  He'd hurt her flit.  He'd tried to hurt one she was responsible for.  He'd hurt her Stubborn.  She'd make him pay.  She'd extract the cost from his hide in blood.  She'd...

A tug on her shirt and she looked down into big eyes.  Berani pointed to Stubborn, a question on her face.  "She'll be fine.  Just a scratch."  Ravana crouched, smiling at her daughter, trying to contain the rage.  "Why don't you go see B'jin?  I'm sure he'd enjoy seeing the picture you drew of Larrikith."  Her daughter nodded and went, Ravana looking up to see a bronze bulk follow her.  Berani would be safe.

She looked out at the teenager, the interaction having forced her to think.  She couldn't extract the price of this in blood.  Not over a flit.  She was just a greenrider, and a generally known troublemaking incompetent at that.  And the ruction it would cause...

She nearly took him to S'kef.  Except like her there would be blood if he knew the teenager had targeted his flit.  And she suspected that like her, there would be a chance of a body.  S'kef cared for the flit and that meant he would be protective over her. 

Rilaleeyth's.  He'll be discreet and distant enough from this to handle it properly.

He'll be annoyed.  Ravana hmmed.  Shanith took the opportunity to turn her rider's mind from how she was going to drown the teenager in the lake to how to bribe J'ver.  But maybe bribable.  He makes his own clothes and likes plants...I have that length of sky blue fabric, and some of yellow...And I can give him some of my bulbs from last year.  I don't think he has Blood Petals in his garden, or I can give him pomegranate cuttings next week.  I need to thin out my bushes.  Ravana grew some of her own fruit and most of her own herbs for oils, though her garden tended towards wild and unruly instead of ordered and calm...except for her herb containers.

Shanith took that as a eys, and reached for Rilaleeyth.  Would yours happen to have a moment to come see mine.  She is having a problem he would be uniquely able to manage and promises to try and make it worth his while.  THe dragon felt her rider's mind slip her grip and added, Soon would be great, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep her from killing siad problem.

Ravana tried to calm the rage, felt it surface again after a fidget and pained creel from her flit.  She picked Stubborn up and petted her with a low reassurance, once again struggling with the urge to wipe the teenager's existence from the planet.  Stubborn was hers, he had hurt her and for that he needed to pay.  She just...  Temper.  And no, you can't use him to fertilize your garden.  Or J'ver's garden.

"I can stake him out in the jungle for the whers and felines." 

No, Ravana.  The green was no longer sure if she was holding the too stupid to be frightened teen so he could be dealt with or shielding him from her rider.  Even now she could hear him ranting about how a mere greenrider couldn't hold him like this and he was going to tell everyone how mean Ravana was when he was released.  And he would kill both her flitters next time. 

Shanith was glad hers had her windows closed.  If she had heard that there would be blood.  She felt her rider pause and stride towards the door.  She'd heard.  Calm Ravana!  He thinks flitters killed his father's dragon.  She shifted a bit, knocked the teen over with a nudge to his chest, then planted a foot on him.  Next, she extended her tail to lean on the door so Ravana couldn't get it open.  She hoped Rilaleeyth's arrived soon!

"Damnit Shanith, let me out!!!!"

Rilaleeyth's is on his way.  I am sure he will be more creative than you'll be.  And less likely to leave blood on the grass.

He hurt Stubborn!!!  Shanith sighed.  Hopefully Rilaleeyth's could also make her rider be reasonable, or something resembling reasonable.  It didn't help that Ravana had thought her flitter dead until she'd picked her up. 

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
She said it would be worth it though. Rilaleeyth was nearly whining now in her attempt to get J’ver to assist a friend. She didn’t socialize too much with Shanith – or any other dragon outside of Tyrrisath and Aveleth – but the green was nice and she knew it had to be important if someone was requesting J’ver come to them. No one ever did that!

“No,” J’ver repeated without looking up from the stitching he was taking out from a shirt. He didn’t like the style of sleeves in that colour and was removing them in order to give the shirt a fresher look. It was also far more important a task than assisting the troublesome Ravana with whatever issue she had managed to stir up now. She was one to watch since her fuss over losing her honorific at the last graduation but outside of minor clumsy incidents that usually dragged bluerider D’hys into things, she was of little concern lately. Now was likely to be no different.

“She can call upon D’hys as she often does,” J’ver added when Rilaleeyth whimpered at the continued refusal. “He seems to enjoy playing up the role of hero lately. I’m sure he’s close to scoring with her – or again, if the story is to be believed.” Not that he could ever understand why a man would want to sleep with a woman. Children could result from such unions and the simple fact that women were female was entirely off putting to the greenrider.

Shanith says there are nice gifts for you if you help. Oh, and there may also be a killing of the problem. Rilaleeyth was on her feet and pacing the hut now. That didn’t sound good at all! Shanith wouldn’t tell her any details but the way J’ver paused, it seemed they weren’t going to be needed. When the shirt and tool were set down, the bright green dragon trotted to the door and waited for J’ver. Her bonded was a compassionate man deep down.

J’ver didn’t see himself in such a light, especially not when he was more intrigued over what would cause that greenrider to want blood and murder. Ravana seemed rather passive in most things and bowed easily when her words were ineffective so to have her in a rage that would induce murder would be delightful to see!

They landed by Ravana’s hut to a rather chaotic scene. Shanith was standing on a ‘brat and he could hear Ravana screaming inside the hut that she appeared to be trapped in. What on Pern had he been summoned to? Although he wasn’t sure if he wanted to get involved in such a mess or not, J’ver finally descended from Rilaleeyth and made his way over to the door, stopping a few feet away from it and the tail that was blocking it.

“Release her so I may speak to her.” J’ver told Shanith as he waited as patiently as he could. There were shirts to mend after all.  Vixen, his darling gold firelizard had stayed oddly silent during the whole ordeal and tagged along on J’ver’s shoulder. At least, that was the case until they waited for Shanith to obey and Ravana to appear. She suddenly became agitated and took off from his shoulder to wink out of sight and into the hut where Stubborn was.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

A gold flitter appeared nad taking a guess that it was the gold J'ver claimed, Ravana pulled herself together enough to not upset the flitter.  "Flit's fine."  She looked around, spotted the little green and pointed her out to the gold, suspecting she'd want to check. 

Stubborn was kept close to her, Ravana soothing her fright at the other gold's appearance with a gentle pet.  Stubborn knew Flit belonged to Vixen.  She was Vixen's fair, just a friend to Stubborn.  But she'd done right protecting her, right?  Ravana soothed her until she stopped shivering, the gold letting out a soft croon of thanks as Ravana continued to support her and hold her.    The greenrider had grumped plenty over impressing her, but she plainly loved her little gold.

Shanith moved when asked, but kept her hold on the weyrbrat.  She found hte encounter with Vixen had brought a modicum of sense to her rider, enough so that she was not longer screaming for blood.  The quiet planning worried the green more.

Ravan opened the door and spoke quietly after J'ver was inside.  "That thing out there has been throwing stones at the flits.  He hit my Stubborn with one hard enough that I thought her dead.  Normally would deal with it myself, damn the consequences, but since he was aiming at S'kef's green and nearly did hit her...That unfortuantely makes it something for him to deal with so nearly called him.  But, I figure in a few weeks I won't want him dead for it, either at my hand or at your weyrmate's and since you've a creative mind and a gift for making people wish they've never met you, Shanith called you over."

She reached for her beads, nearly dropped Stubborn and bowed her head, treating J'ver with respect. Her grip on the flitter firmed, Ravana  still trembling with the effort to control her rage.  He'd hurt her flit, had nearly hurt one she was responsible for and...

Shanith looked up at Rilaleeyth.  Thank you

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

Women were extremely good at rambling on at length for no reason. J’ver wanted to slap the woman to shut her up or walk away until she had run out of steam. Surprisingly, however, he didn’t do any of that or even sneer as he listened. He held a neutral expression and listened intently though that was mostly due to Ravana mentioning Flit almost being hurt. That obedient green was as much his as it was S’kef’s given how Vixen had found the egg and badgered S’kef into keeping it. They all lived together as well and were some sort of big happy family so to hear about Flit’s peril did not make for a happy sadistic greenrider. The fact that Stubborn had been hurt defending the little green upset J’ver a bit as well since the oddly coloured gold was a friend of at least Flit and to a lesser extent Vixen.

“I see,” J’ver did see the issue at hand and how the messy solution might not sit well with a gentile creature such as a woman after the bloodlust had subsided. He could easily do away with the teen and he suspected very few would notice or miss the ‘brat. His friends might but enough evidence would be left to have people believe it was a wild feline attack that did him in. Ravana wouldn’t even have to know the truth and that way everyone was happy.

Don’t thank me yet. He’s getting very creative at the moment, Rilaleeyth loved J’ver but sometimes he did odd things. What he was planning now didn’t seem too nice and that made the delicate green dragon fret more than usual but she didn’t try to intervene. She knew J’ver would behave himself in the end; he always did. This was a horrible but still minor on the grand scale of things issue and the boy was still relatively young so he’d find the right punishment to suit him. If he had been older, Rilaleeyth suspected new ideas would be cropping up but she wasn’t sure if the boy’s age was going to end up saving him or making him wish for a lashing instead. She curled up in a little ball where she had landed a bit away from Shanith and the hut and watched the child and what J’ver would do when he came out.

J’ver didn’t say anything else and only gave Vixen and Flit a quick glance to satisfy his own need to know that the green was okay before exiting the hut. Stubborn had been given the once over as Ravana explained everything and while she looked beat up, it also seemed like she was well-tended to and would recover. That was vital information for picking out the punishment and for when he gave his report to S’kef.

He stared the teenager down and finally did sneer. Children were truly despicable and while he knew he had once been one, J’ver didn’t see the need in having them around. It was best to avoid them at all costs and even better to avoid having a woman in bed. When the boy didn’t tremble before him but instead glared back and held firm in his belief that firelizards killed his father and he was doing the right thing, J’ver chuckled. “Boy, did you ever think that it wasn’t firelizards, but you? Your daddy dearest may have been trying to escape you.” Emotional warfare was far more entertaining to J’ver than physical pain. He left that for S’kef to dole out since he did it so wonderfully.

Uncaring about Ravana’s response to such a claim and just as uncaring if the boy argued or fell silent to think about, J’ver pushed on. The perfect punishment came to mind as he looked at the delinquent and while it would take some setting up on his end to ensure he always had someone he trusted – more than the others – around when the teenager was there, J’ver was delighted with the plan and shared it with everyone.

“Until I say otherwise, you will now report to the kitchen daily for morning and evening meal preparations. You will take the raw scraps of meat and cut them up into appropriate sizes for firelizards. You will then smile and offer bowls to any and every firelizard owner that comes by looking for a meal for their companion. If a hungry firelizard comes on its own, you will smile and offer some meat. You will also be watched like a hawk and if another firelizard so much as has a scratch or cough because of you, you will lose a digit for each one. I’ll be nice and make sure we start with your toes. Your fingers are needed for the food preparation.”

Again, J’ver didn’t care about any rebuttals and turned his back on the still cornered boy so he could address Ravana. “Will that satisfy you for now? He and anyone he calls friend will be watched and the first inappropriate sneeze they make will result in further fun – for me.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When Rilaleeyth curled up into a ball, Shanith hesitated then tried to soothe her.  She wasn't sure how to say that people didn't only hurt animals for pleasure once, and that it had to be nipped in the bud when young.  Instead she changed the subject. 

Speaking of creative, did you hear about my rider's daughter trying to paint Flit gold?  I thought Ravana was going to have a heart attack over it.  She actually squeaked!  She showed Rilaleeyth the image, Berani painstakingly painting the green flit with golden yellow paint, the shimmery paint making the parts of her that were painted look like a true gold.  Surprisingly, Flit didn't look all that upset.  The image ended when Stubborn led Ravana onto the scene to rescue her friend.  Not sure why, but she also keeps trying to paint Stubborn green.  You should see it when she succeeds.  She looks as pretty as you do.

Ravana said nothing at J'ver's initial sally.  In part, she understood that if she had asked J'ver to do this, she had given up control over how he would deal with this.  While it had been Shanith's bright idea, she was the one who was executing it.  That meant giving J'ver room to work. 

The punishment though made her draw a breath, then she turned it over in her mind, approving of it.  She gave him a chilly smile.  "It works well."  It did, to her at least.  The consequences of further misdeeds were laid out, and it would hopefully teach him.  She would not let Stubborn, or Flit when she was with her, eat from the boy's hand, jsut in case, but it worked beautifully.  And if he messed up, what happened wasn't her fault.  She should have felt guilty about delivering a victim to J'ver, perhaps, but she didn't.  If the creche workers had listened to the complaints about the boy this wouldn't have gotten this far.  "Release him, Shanith."

Shanith let the boy up, looked straight into the boy's face and mind, and hissed, giving him a perfect view of sharp teeth.  She then went to Rilaleeyth, setting herself protectively between the other green and the boy, glaring at him with red whirling eyes.  The green didn't get how it worked, but since Flit had joined the family, that made S'kef and J'ver family to the green rider.  Family that you didn't necessarily want to acknowledge, but family regardless with all the obligation that entailed.  It meant Rilaleeyth was family to the green.

Ravana murmured, for the boy's benefit, "A cup of tea before you return to what you were doing?"  To Shanith she said, If you could tell Rilaleeyth that if he says yes, he gets compensation not tea, I would be thankful.  United front and all.  The green passed on the whole message, adding softly, You'll like the oil she has.  It's more paste than oil, but it's so soothing in itchy spots and smells good too!

Ravana would head into her hut, holding the door open for the other greenrider and heading straight back to the area she kept extra stuff in.  She would rustle about a moment, then come out with a length of of fire colored cloth, enough for two or three shirts.  She'd lay it on the table, then head to her book shelf and tugged out a book of patterns she'd found in Jisralna's library and recopied for herself to look through.  That was added neatly to the stack.  She turned then headed to her kitchen, opening the cabinet and taking out a fat jar.

The gunk within was thick enough that the stir she gave it strained the muscles in her arm, the rider having difficulty working one handed, since Stubborn was still clinging to her.  She got another jar, smaller and empty.  She filled it with the gunk, taking a moment to label it as a balm that was suitable for dried and cracked hide on firelizards, dragons and humans.  It smelled oddly good, mildly of fruit and complementing flowers.  She would add a use by date and the mark she used to designate what she'd made, gluing it to the jar.  That was added to her pile as well. 

She turned to J'ver.  "Since your time's valuable and this is ongoing, I would like to compensate you with this cloth, the book and balm, along with whatever cuttings you would like from my herb garden.  Would that be to your liking?"  There was some she would be willing to add if need be, she didn't want him regretting this in a few days.  Well regretting it more, he seemed to dislike being here.

J'ver
of Green Rilaleeyth

Date of Birth
14.07.688, 56
Height
5'9
Eyes
Pale Blue
Build
Slender
Hair
Dark brown, short

Threads

“Indeed. Those will do,” J’ver had stood silently just within the boundaries of the hut and watched the woman wander around collecting items. He wasn’t sure exactly what she was gathering for him and when they were finally on display, a quick glance was spared to them. The book might hold useful information so it was a decent offering, the cloth was already being used in his mind’s eye for a shirt he could create, the balm would be decided upon later since it would need to be tested for texture, use, and if his dear Rilaleeyth liked it. It was only the best for her! The cuttings from her garden were intriguing as well since he had spotted a couple plants earlier that he hadn’t managed to obtain or maintain in his own little garden.

Rilaleeyth was happy to try the balm out, especially after Shanith’s glowing review of it. That sounds lovely! I’m going swimming tomorrow. I should like to try it out after that. The brightly coloured green almost seemed to glow as if she were about to rise for a flight thanks to how happy she was. Shanith seemed to like her company, they had helped the friendly green pair, and J’ver even seemed pleased with coming out!

“He will be watched and dealt with, make no mistake of that,” J’ver was saying when Rilaleeyth turned her attention back to what was happening within the hut. “I thank you for the offerings and the new form of entertainment to pass my time with.” J’ver had a brief debate with himself over whether or not he was actually looking forward to keeping an eye on some child that hated firelizards but in the end, he decided it was worth it. Flit had nearly been injured and the boy could be made an example of on multiple levels – do not mess with firelizards in general and especially do not go against the Weyrleader. It was a win-win situation in the end. So what if he had to continuously check up on the child to ensure his behaviour? If he didn’t behave, then toes would start disappearing. His dear Talian would appreciate the work given to him for the clean-up.

“I’ll be off now. I was in the middle of something before being summoned. I’ll be in touch with you for follow ups on how Stubborn is doing and if the child is lurking around.” J’ver waved for Vixen who hesitated a moment before returning to J’ver’s shoulder. After a quick chiding, the greenrider sighed and went to collect Flit as well. Vixen didn’t want to let her out of her sight for a while longer and it was only fair that they brought her home so S’kef would see right away that all was well.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ravana would relax at J'ver's words.  She hated owing people.  As a green rider, she'd learned the hard way to even the scales when someone owed her a favor as rapidly as possible.  The consequences when she didn't tended to prove nasty.  Memory of the incident that had pounded the lesson home flared then died, Ravana not dwelling on it.  She knew she was being perhaps overgenerous, but knew too it was an ongoing favor.  Better to be over generous than to have him wanting payback down the road. 

Shanith gently nuzzled the green, her delight at seeing her so happy plain.  She'd always liked the other green, though not the stress Ravana had felt at seeing her thinking of hanging with the green. Really, her rider worried too much.  She replied quietly, Mine loves making things.  She tries to hide it but it settles her mind to create.  She likes the oils best though.

She was being careful, not liking the stirrings of regret her rider was feeling.  She reminded her, He doesn't have to misbehave.  He knows the rules.  It he behaves this will be forgotten.  If he doesn't what happens is his fault.  You're always talking to Berani about natural consequences.  Isn't this more of the same?

Ravana forced her shoulders to relax.  Sensing she was wavering, Shanith added, And that cut is likely to scar. That solidified her rider a bit more and Shanith deftly bumped her mind away from the thought of having to explain this to B'run. 

Ravana nodded softly.  "You're welcome.  I will keep you up to date.  I'm sorry for the interruption to your work this caused."  She would keep him up to date.  Via letter.  J'ver didn't seem to like it when she actually talked to him and rumor had it that he was all but allergic to children. 

Stubborn shifted until Ravana held her properly, the gold creeling then licking her cheek.  Sighing Ravana murmured, "Yes, I'll get you something to eat.  Flying Stomach."  Once J'ver had collected Flit, Ravana would begin feeding the gold bits of jerky, wanting the flit calm before she started setting things to rights.  She needed things normal before Berani came home, or at least appearing so.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)