World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Love me tender [D'ren]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Tsuen laid a hand on her stomach. She'd been doing so more and more as of late. How could she not, when there was a tiny life inside her? Oh, she'd given birth before, to children conceived both inside and outside of flightlust, but this one was... Different somehow. Perhaps it was D'ren. That the child could be no other's was a powerful feeling, and she had a feeling that he would see it the same way, though hopefully not feel trapped by it.

She had known for about two months now, but after the rumors that had been spreading like wildfire amongst the weyrfolk (Drugs, indeed!) she had elected not to immediately spread the word, but instead discreetly alter her clothing to hide her growing bulk. She was getting to the point now, though, that she could no longer expand her clothing, the hard roundness of her stomach seeming to show no matter how much the garments flowed. The child had begun kicking, seldom and light, but noticeable, even from the outside. And so, now it was time.

She called D'ren to her cabin via Nirinath, wanting this to be a very private occasion, though she was sure that at least one pair of dragon eyes would be staring in through the windows, if not through the eyes of their respective bonded. When he arrived, Tsuen was standing in the center of the room, and she was positive she was glowing. Her eyes were downturned, slightly, and she approached him, took his hand in hers. Without an ounce of impending doom in her voice, just wonder and happiness, she spoke: "D'ren... I'm pregnant." And she laid his hand against her abdomen, proof that she was indeed with child.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#FFCF5B;"][color=#DD6206]Nirinath's Speech[/color][/span]

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ronarth was in an amazing mood. D'ren couldn't put his finger on why, but he wasn't thinking too hard about it. Ronarth was a happy dragon and was prone to bursts of exuberance, so the rider saw no reason for this to be any different. It made washing the beast a bit of a hassle, but by the time the sun started to sink below the horizon, the job was done and D'ren had mostly dried off.

Days like this reminded him of being a weyrling. Those has been simple and carefree times, when he could enjoy a little romp in the water with his lifemate and not worry about problems to come. He imagined everyone daydreamed about such things from time to time. When Ronarth received a gentle invitation from Nirinath, such daydreaming came to an abrupt end. 

Ronarth changed his angle mid-flight. The pair had been on their way to fetch dinner, but this was more pressing. Tsuen wants you Ronarth explained before D'ren could ask.

D'ren's immediate instinct was to worry, but something about Ronarth's calm, soothing attitude deterred him. He still wondered what it possibly could mean as the pair made their way to Tsuen's hut and landed. D'ren dismounted and stepped inside, a bit embarrassed at his current state of dress; he was wearing a ratty old outfit he used for particularly dirty jobs, which these days amounted to washing Ronarth. It was little more than rags, really. Hardly anything for him to actually be seen in, especially by the Weyrwoman!

His embarrassment faded immediately when Tsuen approached him and took his hands. He started to ask what was going on, but she provided an answer before he could even ask the question.

After a moment of slack-jawed shock, his hands curled reflexively around hers and squeezed. "Tsuen...really?" he asked gently, running his hand over her swollen abdomen. He could tell without question that it was true.

His heart skipped a beat. "Tsuen...That's amazing!" he gasped, throwing both arms around her in a firm but gentle embrace.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Tsuen squeezed D'ren back just as tightly, pleased at his reaction to her news. She had been so worried that he would not embrace the child as his own despite the timing of it (because a child added a whole new level to things) and while, as leaders, they would still have to employ the creche to assist with the care and upbringing of the child, the two of them working together could put more into the child than she alone could.

"I was so pleased when I figured it out. And I'm glad you're happy as well." Her voice was filled with merriment. "What gender would you like it to be? I think I'd be happy with either. I have had both boys and girls and found that each has their quirks." Secretly though? The goldrider was hoping for a girl. She would not have said so, however.

"The baby should be born by Early Spring, if I count right, but I won't be able to hide him or her much longer unless I stay here all the time. But I wanted to let you know before anybody else suspected. I haven't even been to Healer Hall yet." She would have to do that within the next few days. Lymsleia was an expert in that particular field of knowledge and while Tsuen had experience on her side, it would not hurt to have the Healer-Candidate's go-ahead.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#FFCF5B;"][color=#DD6206]Nirinath's Speech[/color][/span]

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Oh, how could he not be happy? He'd wanted children his entire life, but circumstances had prevented it. He didn't just want errant dragonspawn running around the weyr with various mothers, he wanted a family. Ronarth had been favored by a young queen back at Ista, but the plague hit before anything real could come of that...and well, Ronarth didn't chase greens. Thank Faranth!

He'd started to think he was out of time. He wasn't old, but he would be before long.  He let out a happy sigh and lowered his head, pressing his lips against Tsuen's neck and squeezing her reassuringly. "Oh, Tsu...." he sighed. "I don't care either way," he said lowly. It could be a watch-wher and he'd still love it.

Early spring, was it? He smiled. "I can't wait," he said, lifting one hand and stroking her cheek with his thumb. He found himself overwhelmed with protective impulses. He already knew she would probably work herself too hard during her pregnancy, that he would try to stop her and she would tell him not to worry himself so. The thought amused him as much as it worried him. Oh, how he would fuss over her!

Little human!? Ronarth asked excitedly, his snout hovering just outside the window. Will it play with me? he asked both of them. D'ren laughed. "Ronarth...don't crowd the hut, you'll knock another window out..."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)