World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Flight Of My Own [I'shan]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Anger streaked through N'gelt's body as he saw events unfolding through Saquith's eyes. He blindly shoved R'nd back before turning on his heel and pushing his way away from that filthy Greenrider. He was glad Saquith hadn't caught that bitch, with her filthy rider and idiocy. Saquith's intense gloom at having lost the flight when he'd barely tried poked around the edges of N'gelt's mind, which he battered away at frustratedly. This was no time to mope, this was the time to conquer! His eyes roved across the faces of the men gathered there, if there were any women he didn't see them in his desire to claim his own partner much like Larrikith.

There. N'gelt spotted a man wearing Bluerider knots, his features fine and attractive. He sized him up easily, he was slim, and likely wouldn't weigh a lot. Saquith's voice whispered through his mind as he strode to the man, N'gelt, what are you doing? N'gelt snorted, brushing his dragon away with a simple 'never you mind.' He reached out, hand enclosing around I'shan's arm.

"You are coming with me." N'gelt growled at him, before sweeping him up into his arms, cradling him to his chest. He pushed his way through the remaining riders in the room, glancing around in search of another empty room. Walking left he nudged a door open with his foot, ah, perfect. Whoever usually slept here wasn't particularly neat but the room was fairly clutter free, not that N'gelt noticed much anyway. His concern right now was the Bluerider in his arms. Striding in he set him down with a slight jolt, eyes alight with hunger and lust. N'gelt? Saquith interrupted hesitantly. 'Leave me alone, I'm busy.' N'gelt hissed, slurring the words ever-so-faintly under his breath.

No more words N'gelt had decided, as he instead preferred to speak with actions. Taking I'shan by the face with both hands he pulled him in, thin lips almost crashing into the Bluerider's own. His hands ran up into his dark hair, grabbing at it when it became longer at the top. His body pressed firmly up against I'shan's.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
I'shan opened his eyes slowly, the clouds breaking and rushing past him in billowing trails as he returned to the ground. His body still quivered with unsatisfied dragonlust, adrenaline snaking through his veins like poison. "Oh.." he gasped, rolling his head back and taking a few ginger steps backwards from the greenrider. He managed a wink, though he doubted that B'jin saw. The greenrider was understandably engaged.

Better luck next time, dear

I'shan...beware

I'shan was surprised by the sudden seriousness of Ilveriath's gentle mindvoice. He spun on his heels to find himself beset by a brownrider, and a study one at that. The smaller man left out a muted gasp and held his hands out in defense, but it was largely a symbolic gesture. He could tell within moments that he was out-muscled, so he didn't bother trying.  He clutched to N'gelt's shoulders and squirmed for the first few moments, his mind whirling as he acclimated himself to the world outside of the flight. "What if I don't want to?" he breathed in N'gelt's ear, not sure if he actually wanted to or not. Part of him knew he was being assaulted, but his heart trembled joyously at the implied danger...not too much, but just enough.

I'shan...? What is happening? Ilveriath asked cautiously. His disappointment at defeat quickly faded in exchange for cautious, paternal concern. Don't worry, my dear. Take care of yourself I'shan said, his heart hammering in his chest as he tightened his grip on the brownrider's firm shoulders. How solid and handsome he was...

I'shen gritted his teeth as N'gelt took him into the empty room. "Who are you?" he asked, his voice shallow and short, as if frightened. Part of him was, just a little bit. He shuddered as he felt the brownrider's hands close around his face, the flight still echoing in his mind and blood. He gasped and arched his back as N'gelt pulled his hair and locked him into that kiss. Without thought, the bluerider crumpled against N'gelt and returned the kiss, his touch eager and filled with life.

Outside,  Ilveriath circled like a terran vulture, watching carefully through his rider's eye. That man! That man belonged with Saquith. Your bonded has eager hands and little shame, Saquith Ilveriath said gently, his tone airy and distant, though not without the faintest flickering of concern.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

N'gelt growled deep in his throat, it wasn't a noise of anger, but more one of pleasure. Having woken alone for a week now, which was highly unusual, he was going to enjoy every second of this encounter. I'shan's voice penetrated his lusty haze like a stone, though several moments after he had spoken. He broke the kiss just long enough to growl out a reply to his question. "Your partner for the day."

Letting go of I'shan's hair he ran his hands down the back of his head, the sides of his neck and onto his vest. Grabbing at the buttons on it he leant in and kissed the Bluerider again, undoing the buttons and roughly tugging the vest half off. Impatiently he did the same to the shirt beneath, rough hands running across I'shan's chest and shoulders, pressing firmly down his arms as he pulled the shirt and vest off completely. The clothes barely had time before his own shirt joined it and his hands snapped to I'shan's pants.

N'gelt can do as he wishes, Ilveriath! Saquith hissed, swooping over and landing on top of the dining hall, his wings flared protectively as he tracked Ilveriath. Saquith didn't exactly approve of his rider's manhandling of I'shan, but there was no way he was going to let anyone say anything about it! Down below, N'gelt had stripped them both of their pants and pushed I'shan onto the bed, completely dominating the slimmer man.

magical fade to black and back!

Sitting back N'gelt let out a sigh, a satiated, content sigh. Rolling to the side he flopped down onto his back, his chest heaving with the ecstasy he had just experienced. His breath was somewhat haggard, to which he frowned at, clearly a week was too long and he was slipping out of practise. Shifting he brought his arms up and tucked his hands behind his head, casting a sly glance to I'shan beside him. How had he not had this man in his hut before? He was attractive, that was for sure, and so willing. Brown eyes flicked up and down his body, taking in every inch just as hungrily as his body had not so long ago. N'gelt? Saquith interrupted hesitantly. 'What.' N'gelt growled, of course he would be interrupted in this blissful, silent moment. Nevermind. His voice was high and nervous, as if he had wanted to ask a favour but had encountered an angry parent.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan curled his fingers around N'gelts shirt. He realized quickly what the other man had in mind for him, though his subconscious suspected all along. Echoes of the flight soared through him, vanquishing any token resistance he might have mustered. He did managed to recoil away for a split second, but N'gelt's adamant advances were unavoidable. If the brownrider didn't stop at that little flinch, he wasn't going to stop at all. I'shan relented, shifting his lithe body to help N'gelt remove his outer layers.

Outside, Ilveriath wheeled lower and lower, eyes focused intensely on Saquith. Your defensiveness suggests insecurity, brother he teased, his concern slowly filtering away as I'shan gave in to his baser instincts. It was nothing new, though Ilveriath would have preferred the brownrider treat his own with a bit more dignity. It wasn't Ilveriath's choice, however, so he gave the union his tentative blessing. He settled on the rooftop near Saquith, sinuous neck craning ever closer to the brown.

Inside, I'shan fell backwards and looked up at N'gelt, playful eyes shining. "Something tells me I have no choice," he crooned. If he had any serious misgivings, he didn't show them...except for a fleeting glimmer of fear. He embraced it and waited for the brownrider to join him.

CENSORED

I'shan opened his eyes and looked back at N'gelt, his slender form limp with exhaustion. He hadn't won the flight, but now he knew what those poor greenriders must have felt like. His eyes widened slightly when he realized N'gelt was inspecting him.  Feeling somewhat cowed, the bluerider stretched out flamboyantly and turned his head away with feigned modesty. He wanted to impress the brownrider. "I don't know your name," he said softly. He could have asked Ilveriath, but where was the fun in that? Even so, he spoke quietly, as if not certain that he had permission.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

On top of the dining hall Saquith gave a faint hiss at Ilveriath as he wheeled lower. His wings were stretched to their very limit and his head was lowered with yellowy eyes glowing. I am not insecure! He growled back at the Blue, any implied light-hearted teasing had gone completely over Saquith's head. So what if N'gelt had little shame? He had every right to have little shame, and Ilveriath couldn't say anything about it! As he landed, the Brown pulled back slightly, keeping his wings high and wide. Though whether it was an intimidation or defensive stance was hard to tell with him shifting every few seconds.

Seeing I'shan stretching out beside him, N'gelt rolled onto his side, propping himself up on his elbow. If that stretch was meant to Impress, it was definitely doing it's job. Almost purring in his throat, N'gelt reached out with his free hand, grabbing I'shan around the waist and pulling him firmly against his body. Greedily he ran his hand across the Bluerider's chest, smooth and toned just the right amount. His eyes flicked up to I'shan's face as his hand dipped low on his hips, fingers brushing just close enough to tease. "It's N'gelt." He answered shortly, still not concerned with words at this point in time.

As he sought to tease and tempt the man before him, thoughts slowly filtered through N'gelt's head. How on Pern had he not slept with this rider before? He was attractive, so much so that N'gelt easily slotted him into a small but prized group of riders in his mind, the ones that were simply the most jaw-dropping pieces of eye candy. He had the perfect amount of muscle, enough to be marked as a fit dragonrider, but nowhere near enough to threaten N'gelt's masculinity. Not that he would admit that latter part to anyone. Slender and toned. He liked that. So few riders fell into that category without being Greenriders, highly effeminate ones at that. Greenriders were dirt, and that they seemed to always be closer to being a woman than a man was downright disgusting. Nevermind the female riders themselves.

This though, was definitely the greatest catch he'd made for the past turn or so. Though how it had taken so long, N'gelt still wasn't sure. A frown crossed his face for a moment as he pondered this, but it wasn't long before it had vanished, a smug smile replacing it. Pale brown eyes roved up and down I'shan's slender body, oh and what a gorgeous body it was, and so willing. N'gelt didn't particularly question why I'shan was so willing to give himself up to him, it had made their experience so much easier and pleasurable, for N'gelt anyway. Were he anybody else, he might have frowned at I'shan's lack of protest against what could have been considered rape, but of course, this was N'gelt. What N'gelt wanted, N'gelt got, no other way about it. And this was certainly his best win in quite a while. Perhaps, just perhaps, he might keep this one close.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

While not intimidated by the brown, Ilveriath was a bit put off. The other dragon's aggression was distasteful. Instead of dealing with an unpleasant conversation, Ilveriath chose instead to give Saquith a bit of a derive snort and curl up where he perched. He didn't say anything else, he simply looked at Saquith through his whirling sapphire eyes and pondered the situation as hand. His rider was being flown by Saquith's rider,  regardless of Ilveriath's approval. Indifferent but also curious, the blue sat and watched, his physical eyes scrutinizing his new brown companion and his mind's eye watching the antics inside with cautionary approval and just a swirl of reassuring gentleness. I'shan would need the support, whether the wily little bluerider cared to admit it or not.

Later, content in his silent afterglow, I'shan's eyes flashed playfully back to his partner.Ilveriath had been silent for some time, but the dragon's presence was ever assuring. I'shan's lips parted into an impish smile as N'gelt shared his name. "N'gelt," he repeated, shifting himself in the covers and daringly snaking one hand towards the brownrider. He got no such chance. He let out a soft gap of surprise as the man took hold of him, pulling him close by his waist and running his pleasingly rugged fingers over the bluerider's chest. I'shan initially struggled, perhaps just a little fearful of the handsome brownrider who'd taken him.

"You..." he gasped, eyes widening with scandalized delight as he realized he could not escape. His body quivered just a bit. He realized now, with the flight over and his mind freed from it's previous haze, that he'd been taken by force. He couldn't decide if he was excited or terrified. Instead, those two emotions married themselves in a whirlwind of fitful passion that appeared in the bluerider's eyes. He accepted the brownrider's grip and leaned closer, purring against the man's neck. "I'm I'shan."

He sighed and draped his arms around the brownrider's superb form. I'shan liked a man with muscle on him. He breathed softly against N'gelt's neck, his body rising and falling with deep breaths. "....You raped me," he pointed out, his tone quiet and gentle, though with just a touch of impishness. There was not, however, an ounce of accusation in his tone. It was more a blend of fascination and subtle fear. He leaned close and brushed his lips against the man's chin. "..Does that make me yours now?" he purred.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

When Ilveriath ceased to continue on the subject of insecurities and his rider's shame, or lack thereof, he relaxed greatly. Bringing his wings in to his body loosely he turned in a circle twice, much like the canines did before sleeping. Settling himself down he let his wings half-slide open to touch the roof, letting his vision slip into his rider's. The scene that greeted him was quite a familiar one, but the rider, I'shan, was a new face to lie in N'gelt's bed. Saquith watched the going ons with interest, careful to keep his intrusion far from the forefront of N'gelt's mind. It would do no good to upset him.

As recognition but no accusation crossed I'shan's face N'gelt stared at him with hard eyes. Letting his mind brush across the time after Larrikith's flight his eyes narrowed, thin lips turning up into a dark smile. Perhaps he had raped I'shan, but N'gelt had seen nor felt any strong objections from the man. Even if he had, he likely wouldn't have stopped in his defeated state. Did that make I'shan his? Well… he certainly did quite enjoy I'shan's body, it seemed to fit well in against his own. Why not? N'gelt could find no reason why not.

"Of course," he growled. It wasn't an angry tone he took, simply domination. The acknowledgement of I'shan being his, did that make them weyrmates? No, no, definitely not. N'gelt did not have a weyrmate anymore, and wouldn't for a long time. I'shan was filling a role more akin to a 'boy toy', something to amuse and satiate N'gelt whenever he so wished. At the edges of his mind he felt joy stirring, stemming from Saquith who was highly pleased with his rider's progression from one night stands. For once he didn't brush his dragon away, letting his happiness become his own.

Taking his hand from its teasing, he pushed his hair firmly back from his forehead. Light eyes stared down at I'shan, barely blinking as he did. While it wasn't intended to be unnerving, his gaze tended to intimidate many. His thoughts strayed to I'shan's comment. Rape was only condoned in flights, even then it wasn't referred to as rape. Did it make him a monster? … No, of course not. He was the epitome of masculinity, he couldn't be a monster. A monster wouldn't take advantage of the gorgeous man beside him. His hand came to rest on I'shan's hip, fingers idly drumming as they lay there.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan trembled a bit at N'gelt's gentle touch, his muscles winding tightly in response to those teasing strokes. "I'm fine with that," he sighed lazily, leaning in to N'gelt's chest and snaking one arm over the man's side. He felt the brownrider's hand come to rest on his hip, fingers brushing flesh as N'gelt gently drummed them over I'shan's skin.

This man is highly possessive, I fear Ilveriath said, his light voice distant and somewhat ethereal. Ilveriath wasn't entirely fond of how the brownrider laid claim, but I'shan was content for the time being. Ever adventurous, it excited the little bluerider to feel those strong hands and look into that stern face. No measure of affectionate concern from Ilveriath would sway him. I'shan's faint flutters of fear started to dissipate as he accepted the brownrider's dominance and curled up closer.

"What do you want to do now?" he asked after a while. He wasn't sure how long had passed; a couple minutes at the least, but perhaps more. He remained bleary after his violent post-flight encounter, his head still pinning and his heart still seeking its rhythm. He was in no hurry, though. He propped himself up on one elbow and leaned close, pressing his soft lips against N'gelt's cheek and exhaling pensively. Part of him expected to be sent away. That was often the way of these stoic, masculine types...but his eyes shined with eagerness to please. He hoped he wouldn't be sent away, because that would just be no fun. "I have some wine back at my hut, and I'm not a terrible cook..." he suggested in what barely rose above a whisper.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I’shan’s hand snaking over his body almost made him shiver, it wasn’t often his conquests dared to be so bold or clingy. They often knew his masculinity was highly insecure at times, and simply resigned to play the meek, immovable types. N’gelt stared at I’shan’s head for a few moments, thinking on this. While at first he had assumed I’shan was simply a submissive, attractive man, that wasn’t quite right. He had some boldness in him, a little bit of challenge against N’gelt’s strength. He wasn’t sure if he liked that or not. Time would tell as to whether it was a positive or a negative.

The question went unanswered for a while as N’gelt thought. What he wanted now was no questions, just silence. But, it appeared that I’shan was not that kind of man. If you talk... maybe he will be more willing, more often? Saquith offered softly. His interests were sheerly to keep his rider happy, and even with his simpler mind, he knew that sex was what kept N’gelt happy. Sometimes he and his rider compromised, what was to stop him compromising with another rider instead of his dragon? N’gelt sent a wave of dismissal to Saquith as an instinctive reaction, though he halted half way through. The dragon had a point, for once. Turning his eyes to the roof he stared in the vague direction of his Brown, pondering how to proceed. He was interrupted in this thought process by I’shan’s lips on his cheek, soft and distracting. Looking back down, he saw the eagerness in I’shan’s eyes and drank the sight in greedily. That eagerness, was exactly what N’gelt wanted. His offer however, earned him a dark look.

“Wine? I don’t drink wine, why would I? Wine is a woman’s drink.” He spat, his upper lip curling in disgust. I’shan was lucky, not only had he offered food, a much preferred alternative to pleasing N’gelt, but he was, of course, gorgeous. Maybe the wine wasn’t being offered to you... An open invitation to join him? In a more... private place? Saquith ventured hesitantly as he felt anger bubbling across their mental link. His words succeeded in soothing N’gelt, of course, the wine would be for women in his hut. Not for the men. The cruel look on his face melted away, his voice lowering to a much more pleasurable tone, gravelly and rich. “Let’s see how much you’re not a terrible cook then.” N’gelt drew his hand back across I’shan’s hips slowly, his fingertips barely touching him. Sitting up hesitantly he glanced about. Their clothes had been haphazardly thrown about, and to be perfectly honest, he wasn’t in the mood to get dressed properly. Sadly though, as open as the Weyr was, walking across it nude wasn’t exactly preferred. Spotting his pants he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, he stood, slowly walking over to the crumpled clothing. Bending over to grab them, he shifted slightly, allowing him to look back at I’shan. Pulling them on with no intention of being fast, he turned to stare at the Bluerider. Lust pumped through his body again, though he made no move to act upon it yet. Not yet, he thought, not until they reached I’shan’s hut.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's wide-eyes expression intensified as N'gelt rebutted him, grumbling that wine was a woman's drink. I'shan stifled a slight giggle and leaned in closer, leaning his forehead against the man's chest in a gentle, submissive display to curb any anger that might come from that little laugh. "Well, you don't have to have any," he crooned pleasantly, a smile flashing briefly on his face before melting away almost as quickly, like a wave lapping against the shoreline.

He stood up, equally disinclined to dress himself. He rather liked sauntering about in his skin, but he wasn't going to break the rules. He just wasn't in any hurry. He strutted away to gather his scattered clothing, perhaps intentionally trying to tempt the other man. After all, N'gelt seemed intent on flirting, even if it was gruff and intimidating. I'shan wanted the brownrider to see that he was still game, and also not intimidated.

But you are Ilveriath reminded him gently. The dragon hated to intrude in his lifemate's matters and didn't intend to actually intervene, he just wanted his dear companion to remember the potential danger. I'shan, however, was unconcerned. Mostly. Dangerous men were just too much fun.

The lithe bluerider pulled his clothes on slowly and gracefully. Almost everything he did was graceful. He ended by buttoning his shirt back up and casting a playful glace over his shoulder. "Ilveriath will lead your brown there. I have something I think you'll like," he said, his voice light and mirthful, with just a hint of teasing. He wanted N'gelt to look forward to it.

With that, the bluerider spirited himself from the room and made his way outside, where his elegant dragon lay waiting.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)