World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

House Hopping [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Aveleth was curled up within the vicinity of Rilaleeyth; Z’ia could tell by the contented emotions and gentle amusement rolling off the young blue as he conversed with his friend. There were very few dragons that Aveleth would relax around, and relaxing around Rilaleeyth, while not entirely uncommon, did indicate heavily that Tyrrisath was otherwise occupied in another location. Or the brown dragon was in a sportingly good mood. Z’ia was betting on the former.

The young blue dragon’s contentment meant that Z’ia himself was free to do as he pleased without upsetting the dragon, something that rarely happened either because Z’ia enjoyed playing little games of teasing, or because he genuinely didn’t want to upset the dragon. But, it was still fun to spend time along upon occasion and occasionally Aveleth would trust Z’ia not to wrap himself up in trouble should he be without his timid but watchful gaze for a few minutes, or a few hours. Aveleth was not overly impressed by Z’ia’s current chosen form of entertainment, but he was not upset or stressed by it either, which counted for a lot, really.

Z’ia, for his part, was entertaining himself by scrambling across the rooftops of the Weyr, a game most children played on their parent’s furniture, Z’ia had taken it several levels further by using huts, with a great desire to not place his feet (or any other body part) upon the ground itself. As a result, the tiny bluerider was alternating between throwing himself through the air to land upon the roof of a close by house, or scrambling through trees, and occasionally, pouncing on an unsuspecting dragon in order to use their bulk to get from house to house.

Naturally, not everyone was particularly pleased with the young man’s chosen form of entertainment, and Z’ia had already stuck his tongue out – or given the finger to, or laughed at – several people who came outside to try and scold him for clattering over their roof, or startling their sleeping dragon. For every half a dozen sour suds, however, there was a decent person or a good natured dragon to pop up, and Z’ia was greatly enjoying those rare moments when a dragon thought it was the greatest game ever and watched him until he vanished.

There were also several pre-teens that Z’ia knew he’d be blamed for when they fell off roofing and broke their arms, but whatever. That was their parents’ issue, right? They should teach their children better than to do things they weren’t capable of doing without hurting themselves! Grinning happily to himself, Z’ia threw himself from one hut, to land with rather neatly upon the roof of another; he was almost to the Gather Square!
Unless stated otherwise, Aveleth never speaks to anyone but Z'ia

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Caxith was quite glad that the tiny bluerider had yet to make his way towards her current resting place. She was lounged quite comfortably between two nicely shady trees, a spot she'd been eyeing for days now but had only just managed to snatch it for herself before some other beast took it over. She was feeling quite territorial at the moment, and while she wasn't about to go raging at anyone who got too close, it really was fortuitous for T'rielle's sanity that her chosen locale was relatively out of the way. She wasn't terribly pleased with the fact that some chore or other (she hadn't bothered to retain the details of T'rielle's excuses) had halted her plans to make a trip down to the lake, but had accepted the fact with relative grace after the grumbling was got out of her system.

She'd first caught sight of Z'ia when he'd been in the process of leaping between two buildings, and raised a metaphorical eyebrow. After a short (unsuccessful) conversation with a grumpy T'rielle about why someone would suddenly decide to run across rooftops, she determined that he must be having a delusion in which he'd suddenly sprouted wings, and had been silently following his progress since. She'd tried to convince T'rielle to come outside and see for himself when she'd initially questioned him, but had been unsuccessful. Determining that he must have forgotten by now, she tried again. You know, it's such a lovely day out. Why don't you come outside and enjoy the sunshine?

It's been all of fifteen minutes, you great lump, I'm still not going to-- He cut himself off, surprised, when he heard the clattering of something crawling on the roof. The hut hadn't groaned enough for it to be a dragon landing--and he knew Caxith had yet to move from her spot all day--so that just left the question of what, exactly, was currently crawling over his roof. At least he was fully dressed, he thought, if a little disheveled from  rolling around on his bed instead of doing what he was supposed to be doing.

Caxith was a great lot of help with her vague answers as he tugged on a pair of boots and scrambled outside just in time to see the familiar head of curly brown hair flying through the air to his neighbor's roof. "If you fall off and break your neck, I'm not going to feel sorry for you, buddy." He called, propping his hands on his hips and adopting the stance of a scolding woman, feet shoulder-width apart (and looking quite intimidating if he did say so himself) though he couldn't control the upward twitch of his lips. If nothing else could be said for Z'ia (and there was plenty to be said on that topic, if you were wondering), he was certainly never one to be found doing anything boring. You could take lessons from him. Offended, he threw a look in Caxith's direction. I am bundles of fun!

"Caxith says you look like you're under the impression that you've sprouted wings and are trying to test them out." He snorted. "I can't believe I never thought of that," he added as an afterthought, one hand still propped on his hip while the other came up to shade his eyes from the sun. I think it's rather foolish. Caxith commented, rather unconvinced of the validity of the bluerider's current activity. That's because you can already fly.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z’ia’s gaze shot skyward in an amused but exasperated eyeroll when yet another person decided to scold him for running across the rooftops. If any of them took a moment to listen to what they were saying, Z’ia was quite sure they wouldn’t be yelling at him at all – they sounded ridiculous! He was quite inclined to ignore the silly woman and her attempts at scolding him, as he eyed the length of the current hut and how far he had to leap to reach the next one; it was a smaller gap than the one he had just manoeuvred, so he shifted his stance in preparation to dash.

It isn’t a woman, Aveleth’s gentle voice whispered over the edge of Z’ia’s mind before he had done more than alter his weight, and the bluerider’s head tilted to one side before he shrugged in response. Sounds like one. What did he care, anyway? Man, woman, child. If all they were interested in was scolding him, Z’ia had already put up with fifteen men, thirty women and seven children adding their voices to the fray. None of them ever said anything new. It was so boring!

With the comment about wings and flying, however, Z’ia turned around to look down at T’rielle with a wicked smirk of amusement. Firstly, that was definitely a woman and he ignored Aveleth’s soft sigh at his smugness, and secondly – if ‘Elle had ever seen him skydiving off Aveleth (which he knew he had not; no one but D’hys had seen him do that, and that was only once.) then he and his dragon would know Z’ia did not need wings to fly. On the other hand, perhaps they would be even more convinced that he had gone mental. Were you ever sane?

“But I did!” Z’ia cried delightedly, grinning widely as he spun around for the grounded greenrider and holding his arms out wide as he came to a stop. Green eyes were dramatically wide, and sparkled innocently. “Aren’t they gorgeous?!” Aveleth gave a soft laugh in the back of Z’ia’s mind, but the human wasn’t paying enough attention to decide if it was at what he was saying, or at something Rilaleeyth said.

Apparently, Z'ia teases T'rielle that he's a girl, and calls him Elle. :|

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Simply raising an eyebrow at Z'ia's smirk, T'rielle shifted his weight to one foot, dropping an arm now that his attempts at scolding were done with. He had to wonder what people saw in spending all their time berating people for doing something that they wanted to do, no matter how foolish or downright insane it might have been; as long as it wasn't directly affecting them, they had no reason to interfere. This particular occasion had a validity that even T'rielle had to admit to, but that didn't keep him from mocking that fact anyway. Strictness was boring, after all, and Faranth knew T'rielle did his level best to stay away from that particular state of being as much as he possibly could.

T’rielle wasn’t so much a daredevil as he was easily bored; the few adventures he’d conceded to had certainly been memorable, if not outright enjoyable. he preferred pranks to stunts, if only for his own amusement and the slightly lessened chances of death. It was odd, looking at the differences between him and his siblings. Ritani was straight-backed and very proper (in other words, boring), the spitting image of their mother. As a boy Zaielle had been timid and clung very close to his siblings; now nearly twenty Turns, he was growing into himself well--and if the talk was true, quite the ladies’ man himself. T’rielle didn’t spend as much time as he would have liked with his siblings; Ritani wasn’t particularly fond of Caxith (T’rielle was convinced it was because they were too similar in personality, no matter how much Ritani protested. She never did have a convincing comeback) and Zai...well, he wasn’t a boy anymore. He didn’t need big brother to beat up the bullies. He could do it himself.

He laughed at Z'ia's imaginary display, not having the heart to dash the bluerider's teasing (and really, why would he? It was funny as hell, for one thing, and T'rielle hadn't seen nearly enough of his former classmate in recent months. It seemed to be a theme lately. "The most beautiful wings I've ever seen save for Caxith's, I've no doubt about that." Obligatory catering to his green's ego done with for the moment, T'rielle cocked his head to one side, observing the bluerider with a slight grin. "You do seem to be enjoying yourself. How've things been for you lately? It's been a while."

it is an acceptable nickname. T'rielle is very secure in his masculinity. Or lack thereof. *nods* I'm also grossly slow, I'm sorry. If I ever manage to catch up I'm never letting myself fall behind ever again.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

“I think they outdo Caxith’s,” Z’ia replied slyly, a small smile tilting up one side of his lips playfully and he cast a teasing glance towards the dragon, his words more than clearly designed to press her button and see what type of response he received for it. Taunting dragons could be dangerous – notably more so from displeased riders than from the dragons themselves – but really, that only made it all the more desirable for Z’ia to push the realms of respect that most dragonriders exhibited for their fellow rider’s beasts.

Mine are purple! With blue! -” And pink swirls, the dragon inserted quietly to his rider, and Z’ia laughed suddenly, before echoing what his dragon had just told him. “And pink swirls – apparently. I can’t see those, though. They must be on the backs!” He twirled around again, as if to show T’rielle the back of his wings for examination of the credibility of Aveleth’s input.

T’rielle’s question received a nose scrunch from Z’ia, who took the invitation and plopped down to sit on the edge of the roof, his legs dangling over, the tiny bluerider looking more than a bit smaller by the distance between the soles of his feet and ground below. “Today is boring,” Z’ia shrugged, smiling slightly. “So I decided to make the trip to get dinner more exciting! You should try it.” He grinned impishly, quite prepared to place a bet on the fact that ‘Elle would never do anything as fun as rooftop hopping, and that even if he did, he’d probably fall and break his pretty little neck.

Z’ia’s nose scrunched up again, and he scowled irritably. “Nothing interesting has been happening. It’s so boring!” Well, that wasn’t entirely true, but Z’ia wasn’t about to inform his classmate of all the things he’d been up to! So instead, he pouted grumpily and sulked on the edge of the roof about how dramatically boring his life had been recently. Nothing exciting ever happened! “What about you?” A frown drew the short man’s eyebrows together, and he peered down at ‘Elle curiously.

>> bad tag is bad. Sorry.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Caxith levered a look on the little bluerider at his comment regarding his imaginary wings, though actually doing something about it was, apparently, not worth the effort. He was small, after all, and probably not that much fun to terrorize anyway, considering he had a dragon himself. She settled for her best 'I will eat you' look and continued to watch the conversation. "I think you might have a fight on your hands if you go and tell anyone else that," he said with a grin. An animated discussion at the very least, if he knew his dragon at all (which he did). He made a noise of appreciation when Z'ia spun to show him the backs of his wings, nodding in agreement.

"I don't know, my balance is kind of nonexistent. I think I'd break if I tried." He was exaggerating, a little, and probably being unnecessarily dramatic, but figured that more or less fit into the reaction Z'ia had wanted, so he went with it. "Don't let me slow you down, though." If nothing else, T'rielle found Zia's antics amusing, even if they tended on the radical side that pushed the greenrider's comfort zone to their limit, even when he was just watching and not actively participating. He gave a nod in commiseration at Zia's response to his question, understanding the bluerider's woes and even kind of sharing them.

"Oh, about the same. We try to keep it interesting, but even my endless imagination runs dry eventually." T'rielle shrugged; he wasn't typically the type to get restless, and Caxith was more than capable of entertaining herself when the greenrider wasn't feeling affection towards her whims. It was a rare happening, to be fair, and that was probably a good thing. One thought the two of them were bad together until you got stuck with a bored Caxith when she had one of her ideas. They were generally fairly harmless, as far as the general population was concerned, but a (thankfully riderless) dragon making a beeline for the earth in a seemingly out-of-control manner tended to instill panic in a select few. She just thought it was funny, and would get mildly insulted at the insinuation that she was ever even remotely out of control.

I feel like I've written this twenty times omg I am a terrible person

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 3 Guest(s)