World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

He comes a-callin' [Solo]

Ameris
of Gold Mizeath

Date of Birth
15.08.708 ,
Height
5'6"
Eyes
Dark Brown
Build
Trim
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Mud settled nicely on the chest of Ameris. The small brown firelizard chirped quietly as he cocked his head to the side and regarded the sleeping woman with a slowly whirling green eye. Reaching forward with his snout he gave her a small nudge. When that didn't bring any reaction Mud chirped louder. Ameris cracked her eye open and fought to hide the grin that wanted to bloom across her face. The little brown seemed puzzled by her lack of response to his summons and it was entertaining. She'd gotten the little brown's egg shortly after standing for the Rhythm Life clutch with instructions on how to care for the egg as it hardened and what to do when the firelizard inside hatched. She'd been expecting a green or a blue but when Mud's little mottled brown head had popped out she'd been pleasantly surprised. Mud was no where near as large as most browns, more like the size of a large blue but she wouldn't trade him for the world.

With a little hop and a cheep, Mud nudged her lightly again. The smile that had threatened bloomed on her face as she popped both eyes open and said, "Boo!" the brown squawked loudly and pop between and out again chattering with his irritation. Ameris laughed and Rislan, beside her, giggled with his childish appreciation of the joke. Mud fluttered back to Ameris still chittering with his scolding as she held out a hand. Chuckling she stroked the little brown, "I'm sorry, Mud, I won't scare you again." She knew it wasn't so and she knew the firelizard didn't mind so much from the look of his bright blue eyes. "Come, my boys! Lets get fed and dressed," she called as she slipped from the bed and with a slight toss of the hand set Mud to flight.

She had battled with Rislan to dress him, per usual. The boy hated to get dressed, preferring instead to run around naked but for a pair of short pants. She doubted the watchers at the creche would care much if Rislan showed up naked, but Ameris would. She had just gotten herself into her chore clothes when a loud and rather obnoxious knock sounded on the door. "Enter!" she called as she reached for a cup.

"Ameris, my love!" came the call from the door and she groaned loudly while Rislan rushed down the hall calling, "'Ton! 'Ton!" as he ran. K'ton came into view with Rislan in his arms and she gave a unheated glare. "Why must you always bother me this early in the morning?" she asked with no real rancor. K'ton was the closest thing she had to a best friend, regardless of their past and she could never really be angry with him. Mud chattered loudly from his perch next to the window and taking flight came to land on K'ton's shoulder. Ameris laughed at the put out expression on her friends face as the brown landed on him. K'ton carried a dislike for the little firelizards and she had a feeling Mud knew and took pleasure in torturing the brownrider.

K'ton shooed his hand at the firelizard a few times before giving up. He knew it was useless and scowled as the little brown crooned and nuzzled his cheek into K'ton's neck. "Sharding things. I don't know why you just didn't give it back when they gave you the egg," he said to her, "They're rather useless, Ameris, not at all like a dragon you know." She chuckled. She knew where this was going. He would start bitching and complaining about his own brown - dragon of course - asking and pleading for his own firelizard. K'ton's brown was obsessed with the little things and begged his rider for a new friend on a daily basis. Trying to head the conversation away from the complaints Ameris asked as she took Rislan from him, "What exactly are you doing here, K'ton?"

"What would you say to a bout of raw nasty sex?" he asked. Ever the one to come straight out and say it. Well with her anyway. He could get away with things like that with Ameris. Had she been another woman he probably would've ended up with a hand across his face. "Ironth won a green flight didn't he?" she asked, voice nearly sympathetic. She knew about his issue with green flights. He'd come to her a few times to reaffirm his sexuality afterwards, but after the third time she refused to be anything more than his friend. She couldn't imagine what would happen if the brownrider had managed to plant a child in her. Nothing good.

With a grumble in the affirmative, K'ton dropped his head in his hands, "Well? How about it?" She shook her head as she settled Rislan in his chair and went to get him a bowl of fruit. "Who's flight did he win this time?" she asked, rather curious. She knew there were some women in the weyr who rode green but they were few and far between. Ironth had most likely won a male greenrider's flight or K'ton wouldn't be here. He looked at her as she asked. His blue eyes bright with his own self loathing and disgust he said quietly and quickly, "Lith's."

Ameris cocked her head, "I'm sorry.. I think I missed that. Could you say it again?" She fought the laugh. Fought the grin and waited patiently her own eyes sparking with her humor. He glared at her. If looks could kill Ameris would be six feet under. She shrugged as she laughed, "He's never going to leave you alone now." B'sen was a jovial type. Rather pleasant for the most part and he loved nothing more than watching K'ton's face turn bright burning red. The greenrider was incorrigible. "One kiss, Ameris. That's all I ask. One kiss so I don't forget what a woman's mouth tastes like," K'ton was plaintive in his request, his voice holding a slightly desperate note.

She sighed and stood, K'ton following suit, "Fine. One kiss and only one kiss, I've got to get Rislan off to the creche and my chores started," she said as she squinted an eye at him, "A kiss K'ton and nothing more." He nodded his agreement as he moved towards her. K'ton wrapped his arms around her and slanted his mouth across hers. As he deepened the kiss K'ton couldn't help but slip a hand down her back to grip her rear and squeeze. With a indignant snort Ameris jerked from his grasp. "A kiss, K'ton, does not mean grab my ass," she said as she walked past him, pausing long enough to give him a whack to the back of the head, "Idiot. Now be off. Go bother someone else for the day." With a bright grin, K'ton walked past her, grabbing her ass as he went. "Idiot," she said again with a shake of her head as she heard her door slam shut.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)