World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Wake Up Call [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
[lith]B’sen![/lith] she shouted loudly in his mind. [lith]B’sen! Wake up, B’sen![/lith]

He groaned as he rolled onto his back. He had been having such a fine dream, snuggled as he was against his current lover. What do you want Lith! he said heatedly wiping a hand down his face. Really, love I’ve told you time and time again there is no need to shout. Glancing at his bed partner, B’sen reached over to run a hand through the black hair that flowed down his back.

[lith]I am itchy B’sen. Get up and oil me[/lith] she whined, not so loudly this time and B’sen was grateful as the last of his hangover was still clutching his head in an iron grip. Sliding a finger down the back of the man beside him, B’sen sighed as he sat up to swing his legs over the side of the bed. [lith]Huuuuurry![/lith] the green grumbled and the amusement she felt at waking her rider drifted through her voice.

Glancing at the wall that separated B’sen’s room from Lith’s wallow he noticed a rather large eye peering at him through a crack in the curtain. The eye was whirling a gentle blue as it gazed at him. He had a sneaky suspicion that Lith didn’t really need to be oil at all and the irritating green just wanted someone to talk to. [lith]You were very drunk last night B’sen. You brought home a friend and didn’t tell me[/lith] Lith said to him, rather put out that he hadn’t at the very least introduced the sleeping man to her. Does it really matter Lith? You don’t have to know every person I bring home you know, he said softly. Why was he being quiet within his own mind when the man next to him couldn’t hear a thing? Because he was polite that’s why.

Slipping his pants and boots on B’sen slowly made his way out of the room and to the kitchen and started searching for the fixings to make some klah. As the brew was making he ran a hand through his hair and grimacing as a snarl snagged on a ring. The scent of the klah filled his hut and he moved to make himself a cup. As he was pouring, Lith chose that moment to bugle loudly and shout even louder in his mind, [lith]B’SEN![/lith] . Cursing loudly as his hand jerked slopping klah all over the counter, B’sen slammed the pot down. Damn her wherry hide! B’sen scrambled down the stairs and towards Lith’s wallow, “Lith! You overgrown wherry! Be quiet for once!”
Lith never speaks to another human but her rider

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
A dragon's bugle cut the air.  It was a fairly common noise but not common this early in the morning.  Kela, forgetting her manners decided she had to investigate right then and there.  The canine slipped from Terken's bed and into the morning, showing up presently beside Lith with briskly waving tail and a happy bark.  She loved dragons!  They liked to play and Kela liked to play and made life fun!

Terken woke shortly after, noticing two things when he sat up.  One being that his feet were cold, the other being that Kela's litter was missing their mother.  Sighing, he took a moment to feed the puppies the food he was using to wean them and settled them into their play area, then darted out to find his dog. 

Kela was easy to find, all he had to do was follow the barks.  He whistled her to him and called over, "My apologies, she's overly friendly and escaped this morning."  Kela sat when ordered to, whining dejectedly and looking at the dragon and rider with a look that said plainly that she wanted to play!

Terken paused.  "I'm Terken.  And I'm sorry that Kela woke your dragon and you up!"  It seemed that way, the greenrider he was addressing had the look of someone who had just rolled out of bed and wasn't happy to be up.

[Welcome to Katila!]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

[lith]Look B'sen I found a friend![/lith] the green said merrily. She was rather happy at the moment. She had found a new friend in the delightful little dog barking at her and she had succeeded in waking B'sen in the most aggravating manner she could think of. Not to mention making him spill his klah. Served him right for not introducing her to the black haired man peacefully snoring in her bonded's furs. She rumbled happily at the barking canine, [lith]Come and meet my friend B'sen. Oh B'sen.. Are you aware you're half naked?[/lith]

B'sen glanced down at himself. His pants were only partially buttoned and his chest was bare. He shrugged before turning a bright grin at the man who had come to collect his pet. "No apologies are needed," he said, "she is a success with Lith." He stuck his hand out, "B'sen. And that wherry was already awake and scheming of ways to wake me." [lith]You made a new friend too![/lith] Lith said with what could only be described as a chortle as she cocked a curious eye at the dog, [lith]Introduce me, B'sen![/lith] Fine! he replied with exasperation. With a tiny jerk of the head, "The over sized wherry over there is Lith. Lith this is Terken."

Lith snaked her neck out slowly, so as not to frighten the man named Terken, as she took a few experimental sniffs of the man. Not that many could be frightened of her, she was after all wonderful and beautiful and not in the least frightening. When the green deemed him not frightened and kind of nice himself, she nudged him with her nose. [lith]Tell him to scratch me B'sen. I'm still itchy since you won't oil me,[/lith] she said with a bit of reproach in her voice. Rolling his eyes sky word he did as she bid, "The royal princess there would like it so very much if you'd give her eye ridges a bit of a scratch."

haha Thanks!

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Kela wriggled and danced and darted tot eh green when Terken released her from the order to stay put.  She interrupted the reach of the green to sniff Terken by covering her in canine kisses.  She finally settled down after a moment, waving her tail and looking up at the green...Lith.  Looking up at Lith like she was her new best friend. 

Terken offered a warmer smile.  "If she's Lith, then I hope you're B'sen.  If not I'm sorry, I get the names of which rider goes with which dragon confused at times."  He paused then reached out to scratch eye ridges, adding, "She's beautiful.  Thank you for letting me touch her."

Kela noticed B'sen then and came over to say hello, being far more polite with him than she had been with his dragon.  She settled in front of him, nosing his hand and wagging her tail in hopes of a pet.  "Dragons make me thank god canines can't talk, or plan too far ahead."  HE commented quietly.  "Does Lith wake you often?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

[lith]Oh! She kissed me B'sen![/lith] the green whistled her excitement. She was so happy she'd found another friend. Lith had many friends, mostly other greens and blues but she always loved making new ones. New ones were so delightful. And this new one was even better. She tilted her head and churred quietly when Terken scratched the offered eye ridge. [lith]Awww! He thinks I'm beautiful B'sen. Everyone should think I'm beautiful, shouldn't they?[/lith] she told B'sen who in turned rolled his eyes skyward. Vainty thy name was Lith. Of course she just might forget this entire conversation in a few days unless B'sen thought of it often. And given the way this man's face lit up with his warm smile, it just may be.

"Oh I'm definitely B'sen," he said before dropping down to squat in front of the dog as she came to greet him. He chuckled as the dog gave him a lick and he scratched behind her ears, "Lith may not speak to another but she rather enjoys being scratched and since she has so lovingly informed me that I neglect her, no thanks are needed." The dragon in question rumbled with her amusement. She did so like teasing him in all manner of vile ways. "Could you imagine what a dog would say? "Hey! Hey! Throw the stick! No that stick!" makes me glad too that they don't speak," he said with a chuckle before glaring at his dragon.

"Every damn morning," he said as he scowled her way. [lith]What? You know you like it! How else would you wake in the morning if it wasn't for me?[/lith] Lith told him, her amusement rolling through his mind.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The green's whistle made Terken wince just a bit, but he didn't let it throw off his mellowing mood.  He was getting used to this whole dealing with people thing.

B'sen got points for kneeling to scratch Kela's ears and Terken kerplopped in the grass with lazy grace.  Kela sat down and then alid down, rolling over to offer her chest and belly for a rub.  Plainly she liked him.  Then again she liked everyone.

That she'd allowed S'kef to pet her had been a surprise to most of those that had seen it, and in the eyes of many, proof that she was no judge of character.

"Or constantly wanting to go on a run...I love the canines though.  They're simple."  He eyed Kela.  "And loyal.  And incapable of plotting agaisnt you...well mostly incapable."  There had been the time Kela had spent the night dragging each pup into his bed with them and he'd woken up to tiny teeth sank into his ear.

Terken spoke softly.  "She teases you a lot?  Is it common with green dragons, or dragons in general?"  He kept scratching browridges.  He decided he liked B'sen and relaxed a bit. his whole being seeming to warm a bit.  "I'm always amazed how soft dragons are.  And how friendly they can be.  She doesn't need to talk to get her point across. 

Kela stayed polite sitting next to B'sen for a moment then padding to greet his dragon again, wriggling, tail waving, prancing and yipping a bit.  She was plainly excited and Terken reached out to touch her.  She calmed a bit.  "She wants to play, but forgets how much bigger than her the dragons are." 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

B'sen chuckled when the boy flinched at Lith's whistle. The green was loud and she rather enjoyed the reactions she got. His chuckle turned into a full laugh when the sweet canine slid to the ground and offered her stomach for a rub. Happy to oblige B'sen scratched for all he was worth and was rewarded with the delightful kick of a back leg. B'sen liked the dog. He liked most dogs anyway so a new friend in her was welcomed. He watched Terken slid to the ground himself with a feline grace and nearly B'sen whistled in appreciation. Terken was an attractive man and at some point in time B'sen would most likely either flirt shamelessly with him or proposition the blonde man.

"There's a certain simplicity to a dog that you can't find in very many places," he said in answer. B'sen caressed a silken ear as he thought of his next answer. Lith certainly teased him unmercifully but he wasn't sure about other dragons. He was pretty sure that most teased their riders at some point but whether they went to such lengths as Lith, who could know?

"Lith loves to tease. She's loud and obnoxious but I love her and even when she wakes me at the ass crack of dawn I wouldn't trade her in for another," he said as he blew out a breath. Lith turned her head to regard her rider rather solemnly. [lith]No one else could be my rider, B'sen. No one else would understand me quite like you do[/lith] she said with rough emotions coloring her voice. He smiled softly at the dark green where she lounged in the sand wallow, humming softly as Terken scratched her. "If its common for others I wouldn't have the foggiest. I would think so, though. Its much like having a happy little sister only she's a dragon and can read your mind," he laughed as Kela dashed to Lith, he forgotten, left crouching with his hand in mid-air.

Lith rumbled with her amusement as the shaggy dog wiggled in delight around her. The green would love to play with the dog but she was slightly afraid to hurt the dear thing and said as much to B'sen, [lith]I don't know how to play with her B'sen. I don't want to hurt her[/lith] her mental voice mournful, [lith]She is very fun though. With her barks and jumps![/lith]. "Lith is afraid she will hurt her so she is trying to be still. She's a very sweet dog. Does she have pups?" he asked.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken was blissfully unaware fo being considered attractive in any way, shape or form.  Had he been he would habe been less relaxed.  He still had no clue what to do with the kind of attention that came from someone interested in more than friendship. 

He listened alertly to B'sen, then spoke softly.  "Her favorite game is fetch.  I sometimes have dragon use their wings to whack a ball farther than I could ever throw it when I need to run the energy from some of those still in training.  Kela always joins in." 

He paused then added, "A litter of seven.  I'm working on weaning them, then I'll home a few around the weyr and train the rest to guard the flocks and herds around here.  The adults are usually good to run off the felines, and those herds that are guarded by the dogs are less likely to be bothered by felines."  He shrugged a bit, looked up at him. 

"It is good to speak to another this morning.  Thank you for being so good about being woken up."  There was a shyness to  his tone now, but Terken wasn't sure how to converse with another.  It hadn't been a necessary skill growing up, so he had never learned it.  He felt the lack keenly now.  What would be a good thing to say now?

He hit on a thought then.  "It's good weather we're having today."  REalizing how utterly and completely lame that sounded, he decided on honesty.  "Sorry, not used to talking to people of the two legged variety."  He looked down after apologizing, a bit ashamed of the lack, then tried to cover it when Kela came over to nudge at his hands for a pet.  He started scratching an ear, relaxing a bit more. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It occurred to B'sen that perhaps the boy lacked the skills that made one social. It wasn't something B'sen had ever really had to worry about. The bright faced greenrider was almost always social. Unless Lith was proddy. Then he wanted nothing to with another. But thankfully that over grown wherry wasn't due to rise for at least a month perhaps more. [lith]Tell him next time to bring a ball and we will play together![/lith] Lith rumbled happily. "Lith says that if you bring a ball around next time she'd be happy to slap it around for Kela here," he dutifully relaid.

His gaze was speculative as Terken counted out the pups. Maybe a dog for Lith was in their future. Now was not the time though. Perhaps in a few months he would give the beastcrafter a visit. Lith burbled with mild excitement at the thought. B'sen shushed her before she could give the excited bugle she wander. Sharding dragon never could be quiet unless you caught her first. Thankfully this time he did. All he needed was other riders to come hopping about, angry for being woken so early in the morning. "Don't worry about me, Terken. Lith does it pretty regularly and I bounce back pretty quick. After the first few times I gave up really trying to make her stop," he said by way of answer.

He chuckled when Terken talked about the weather. The boy definitely lack the proper social skills. "Indeed. Fine weather," he nodded with a smile. He watched Terken duck his head in apology, a light blush covering his face and B'sen thought once again that he was a very handsome lad indeed. He waved away the apology before sliding to the ground in front of Lith. "Weathers a good subject," he grinned, "But what about you? Where are you from? Did you grow up here in Katila?"

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken was startled when B'sen dropped to the ground to sit beside him, and he met his eyes, then tipped his head in thought.  He made a mental note to bring a ball, suspecting that Kela would sneak over to see rider and dragon again.

He looked up at the green, amazed at how big she was, then at the rider.  How did he keep all that oiled and cleaned.  He let the thought fade, relaxing at B'sen's words until he was asked about. 

"I was brought south with my father and mother.  Grew up mostly in the jungle around my dad's dragon and the canines my mother bred and trained.  Stayed mostly with my mom when we came here, I didn't like the creche too much.  Now I'm a greenrider's fosterling and preparing to Stand for the next clutch."  He shrugged a bit then let curiosity guide his next words.

"How about you?"  He looked at the rider, curiously, happy to be talking with him, and not sure what to do about the fact that part of him was admiring the man's looks.  He'd thought only dragon riders were...except not,he knew a few male on male dragon rider and non rider pairs. 

Deciding he could worry about whether or not he was one of those that preferred men in his bed another date and time, Terken felt Kela come to him and lay her head in his lap, tail waving still as she began to relax.  He decided to give her to R and R, the pups should be good for awhile without him and one of those assisting him would tend them if he didn't.  Kela seemed to need the time without the pups driving her crazy.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

B'sen grinned when Terken glanced over Lith who in turn reached a nose out to nudge the beastcrafter - gently of course. Lith was such a people dragon and a sucker for new friends. Hopefully she would remember this encounter and remain friends with Kela and Terken. Lith's memory was so poor that she often forgot people and places unless she mined B'sen's memories for the events or if B'sen was thinking of it at the time. He rather liked talking to the quiet and unassuming man beside him and hoped they would often.

"Oh?," he asked curious now, "Which greenrider?" He couldn't for the life of him place a name or face with the person who would be fostering Terken until he came of age or impressed. Not that it was really a shame he couldn't think of it. There were more greenriders than trundlebugs around here, so forgetting a few was a given. The boy would likely impress. When? B'sen had no idea but he likely would. "Are you hopeful you'll impress, Terken?" he asked.

B'sen noticed Terken give him the once over and did nothing but smile lightly. The boy was young enough to start figuring out where he wanted to be in his life and B'sen didn't mind being the object of experimentation should the need come. Leaning back on his forearms he tilted his head towards Terken, smile still planted on his face, "Much the same I'm afraid. Nothing spectacular happened really until I impressed Lith. Came over with my foster mother and father. Both of them passed on during both the firehead epidemics." He reached a hand out to scratch the dog behind the ear as she settle on the ground next to Terken.

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There was a hesitance as he reached up to pet Lith, fingers stroking gently over soft green hide.  He had figured she had given permission with the nudge, but was still hesitant about touching a dragon other than Shanith and more rarely, Olemuth. 

He answered readily, "Ravana."  He added wryly, "Shanith is almost as loud as Grith.  I'm of age, but she wants to keep me for awhile longer if she can."  He wasn't sure why it was important B'sen knew he was of age but it was. 

Impression was a sore subject with him and he spoke softly.  "I fear it.  Impressing, I mean.  It'll...end everything I've worked for and I don't think I'll have the patience a dragon needs."  He shrugged, acting as if it wasn't a big deal.

He listened after that and spoke quietly.  "She seems to be a spectacular dragon.  I'm glad you impressed...and sorry you lost your parents in the epidemic."  He looked to him and hesitantly reached out to touch his shoulder, one hand still petting Lith.  Terken was relaxed still, enough to add, "Do you remember the North at all?"  He was curious, he had some vague memories, but no really clear ones. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Lith hummed with approval when the shy beastcrafter reached a hand out to stroke her. Silent she may be but she was a giant green sucker for any physical touch. Grith and Shanith. She liked Grith and Shanith. They were fun greens. Loud like her but Lith was certain that they were louder. But that was okay, she didn't always have to be loudest.

"Ravana is a good woman," B'sen said with a smile, "Can't blame the woman for wanting to keep you around and safe!" B'sen definitely didn't blame her. With the turmoil and crap brewing lately being under the wing of a dragonrider was almost safer than being a dragon rider.

B'sen cocked his head to listen to the boy as he spoke quietly and pursed his lips in sympathy at his words. Being frightened of impression wasn't a horrible thing. B'sen had been frightened himself until Lith loud voice rang in his mind and then everything was forgotten. But oh! That's what Terken was afraid of, everything being forgotten. [lith]He should not be afraid. If his dragon is special like me than they won't mind his other duties[/lith] Lith said with certainty as she gave the hand stroking her a tiny but of her nose. They all can't be as special as you, my love he replied softly.

"Being frightened is okay. Impression is a pretty scary thing when you get down to it, but in the end it's all made worth it. And if you have the patience for a brood of pups and their wild mother, I'm certain you'll have the patience for a dragon!" He smiled gently at the hand that was tentative as it reached out to give him a soft touch. "She is rather spectacular isn't she?" B'sen chuckled, "No sorries. It was a long time ago when they passed on and now I've got Lith and a new friend, so everything worked out." He nudged Terken with his hips as the last of his words left him. A new friend indeed.

"I remember the north. Some of it anyway," he started, voice sad, "I remember how sad I was when my foster mothers firelizard didn't come back. And I remember how very terrible everything was when the dragons started getting sick. Then our banishment and flight south. It was very difficult that flight, so many youngsters lost from exhaustion." He would have cried then at the remembrance of all that was lost, if he hadn't cried out all his tears already. 

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken hoped so.  He was hoping he wouldn't be impatient with the dragon.  Even Shanith was kind most of the time, though she and him butted heads often.  He truly didn't want to hurt the large creatures especially if one bonded to him.  He dropped thoughts of that, and focused on the green he was petting when she butted gently at his hand. 

It seemed that some things were universal, and the signal that a creature wanted more petting, affection and attention was one of those things.  Kela used the same signal, as did the firelizards he had seen around the weyr.  He gave her the attention, petting a bit more certainly and gently scratching a bit at a portion of his that seemed a hair rougher than the hide around it before continuing. 

His grin at B'sen calling him a friend was unreserved and delighted, making his eyes warm and his face light up, though it faded when B'sen talked of the North.  Realizing he had touched on a rough memory he paused, then yielded to the instinct to offer comfort.  He scooted closer and let an arm wrap around his shoulders, giving an awkward one armed hug to the man. 

He let go quickly not wanting to offend him, and not used to positive physical contact himself.  It had been rare growing up and Ravana was caring but not the most demonstrative person there ever was.  It meant he didn't know what the limits were, with women or with other men.  But giving a hug was alright.  Maybe.  He thought so anyways.  Kela nosed him with a worried whine, the dog trying too to offer comfort to the green rider, brown eyes suddenly serious, not as playful. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Lith purred quietly as Terken continued to scratch her. She liked this boy. He scratched her in all the right places. [lith]I like him B’sen. Make sure he stays your friend. He scratches just right[/lith] she told her rider and B’sen chuckled quietly.

If B’sen had considered Terken a better friend he would have gladly sank into the comforting heat of the boy. But he’d only known the boy for that better part of an hour and so instead of snuggling against Terken, B’sen contented himself with laying his hand on the arm slung across his shoulders.

A hug was perfect. Just the thing he needed after the resurgence of painful memories. The long years after they had reached the south had been painful. So many dragons lost. So many people. His foster mother and father had been all he’d had when they came south and they had succumbed to firehead shortly after the call from Nirinath. B’sen had been so alone for so long until his impression of Lith. Not the brightest and often forgetful, Lith was perfect. She gave him comfort where no one else really could.

B’sen gave a wan smile as the happy dog came to them with sad eyes. He scratched Kela on her head and contented himself with the doggy comfort. She was a good dog. He would definitely have to see about getting one for him and Lith. “Don’t be sad for me Terken. I’m just a sentimental fool,” he grinned at the boy.

I figure the next post or two will wrap it up nicely :)

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The hand on his arm reassured Terken and he relaxed.  When he did, so did Kela, the large canine nosing at B'sen's for more attention.  Terken spoke after a long moment.  "You seem to be more than that.  We all have our moments where memories jump up and bite us."  He was trying in his way, to reassure him, and knew he was probably failing.  He gave another one armed hug and let silence settle between them for a long moment.

Finally he looked up.  "I should get going soon, Kela's pups need watching and exercising."  A tired canine was a well behaved one.  "But...would it be alright if I stopped by to say hello to you and Lith again?"  He had taken a genuine liking to B'sen and found himself wanting to see the man again.  He should think it over, but in this case he just followed instinct.

He couldn't have said why, but he guessed others were right.  He could use a friend.  Terken looked to B'sen, realized his arm was still wrapped around him and shifted to reclaim the body part with a blush.  He didn't want...he wasn't sure what he didn't want.  To lsoe a potential friend, probably.  Yeah, that was it. 

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

B'sen scratched the dog behind the ear taking pleasure in the little sounds of happiness she emitted. They were a good pair. The boy and his dog. Terken would shape up to be a fine dragonrider when the time came, treating his dragon with patience and love if his treatment of B'sen was anything to go by.

He looked at Terken as the boy spoke up, suggesting that he'd need to get going. With a nod he agreed, "That would be best. I've still got to eat breakfast myself and get that overgrown wherry oiled." He grinned at Terken's question. "Definitely. Stop by any time and be sure to bring that delightful companion of yours as well."

Terken's blush was pretty when he realized he still had his arm draped around B'sen. The greenrider just couldn't bring himself to tease the boy as Terken slid his arm back to his side. With a chuckle he leapt to his feet before turning to offer a hand up, "Well Terken. It was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely Kela."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Terken surged to his feet and offered B'sen a smile.  "Thank you and it was great meeting you and Lith."  He gave the green one last scratch, whistled Kela to his side and headed for his home. 

As he arrived and settled Kela in with her pups, tending to them next, he let his mind wander.  He'd liked B'sen and Lith had been unlike Shanitha nd what he had come to expect from green dragons.  He'd liked them both which was odd for him.

As pups crawled over his lap and explored him, curious what the new scents on him were, he found himself thinking that he would definitely come over and visit again.  He was even looking forward to it.

Exit Terken, this can be the thread closer if you like

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)