World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

The meet and greet [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin have bathed and oiled Araith till she shined.  He knew she was excited and so was he.  He had saw I'shan at the hatching but didn't notice if A'liran came or not. He hoped he would get to talk to both of them soon. One to tell A'liran he was totally right about hatching.

He had to smile as Araith preened and showed off her glistening hide even though he was the only one to see it right now.  Soon they would be able to meet everyone and he was more nervous then she was that was for sure. We will have fun, Seijin why are you nervous? we looking our best and we look good. Araith said softly as she looked up as Seijin paused in applying the oil. And we will smell very pretty as well! she promised having been given a oil with Lavender scent that she really liked.

Seijin had to smile he knew why they offered the lavender oil to them both. B'jin's green beauty was devious in making Araith want the oil so much. He bet they both beleived it would calm  Araith down.  " Your gonna be the most beautiful green there I assure you Araith. " Course she would always be the most beautiful green to him no matter what cause he loved her dearly already. After all there was no fear or hesitation with their bond as it formed  the both jumped into it not holding back.

He was a bit worried though more about something A'liran said to him about his classmates changing as the dragons grew older. He wondered if that would happen to his class. Do not worry, Seijin I am with you always. He looked down and gave Araith a smile. "And I with you dearheart. " He promised softly.  " Well lets go, I think we ready as we will ever be."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Not Impressing had been... well, all but devastating. It always was, to see young dragons choosing their partners, partners who were always not her. Am I broken? she thought yet again, while Vijeraten and Morallina tugged her towards where the new dragonpairs would be introduced to the rest of the Weyr. It was, truly, an introduction of the dragons, as the Weyr itself was quite small - just over two hundred riders, a hundred-odd Candidates, and another hundred (or so) of non-riders too old or young to Impress. Five hundred, perhaps, in all; how could they not have seen each other before?

"Mom, come on," Vijeraten whined, pulling at her arm. Ellaira leveled her son a stern glare. He shrunk a little and stopped trying to drag her, while Morallina tugged on her sleeve. "Mom, we'll miss them!" The woman sighed, crouching to pick up her daughter, who wrapped pudgy arms around her mother's neck.

"We won't miss anyone, Ten. I doubt the little dragons will want to leave until they meet everyone and maybe have a good meal." Vijeraten sighed with far more drama than his mother had, drooping and plodding along her side for a few moments until his excitement burst through his mask.

"Mom, mom, look, a dragon!"

"You see dragons all the time," Ellaira scolded with a laugh. The boy made a whining noise, hopping and ducking to try and get a better look as Seijin and Araith made it to the Gather Square.

"Moooooooooooom!" Rolling her eyes, Ellaira freed Vijeraten's hand from her own, swatting him on the backside.

"Be polite!" she called as the boy raced over towards the greenpair. He skidded to a stop a few meters away, tugging on his earlobe nervously. Ellaira followed with a bit more decorum, shifting Morallina - the girl really was getting too heavy to carry around, but she'd always been shy in public, a real lady.

"Um, hello, greenpair, and, um..." Vijeraten, faced with his first time meeting a new weyrling - he'd been in trouble or had to work the last few Hatchings - stammered his way though the greeting. As his mother approached, he swallowed hard and stood straighter. "Um, congratulations on your aus-pich-us beginning and Faranth guard you in her pleasure," he said, the words running together and obviously memorized. Ellaira caught up with him and patted his shoulder lightly in approval.

"Fair winds, Seijin," Ellaira said, using the traditional dragonrider's greeting for her former classmate. She crouched down, setting Morallina's feet on the ground and brushing out her skirt. The little girl hugged close to Ellaira's arm, regarding the green dragon with solemn dark eyes. "Will you introduce us to your beautiful companion?"

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin eyes scanned for his friends as he arrived at the gathering square. He was mostly looking for Jisralna, I'shan and A'liran. But so far he hasn't seen either of them around. He did see I'shan briefly on hatching day though.  He realized that he had very few friends.  He hasn't seen Jisralna since the hatching but she wasn't on the sands because she was a gold candidate. He hopped to see her soon though.

Suddenly a boy ran up to him and Seijin smiled softly down at him. Seijin leaned down " well Hello there, I see you've come to meet Araith.  They came to see me Araith flexed her wings slightly still getting used to them but  wanting to show off a little. She was a little lady but did already enjoy the attention she was getting as people came to meet her. She was excited. " Seems you Might be just as excited as she is. Seijin gave the boy a wink before looking up at his mother and offering a shy hello to her as well. " Nice to see you again Ellaira." He said sincerely.

"Araith  this is  Ellaira and her children.  "  mini people like the little mini dragons you have. Araith exclaimed softly. Seijin just had to chuckle at Araith observation on children. " This is my dear sweet Araith."  as he finished introducing them to Araith.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Vijeraten was about vibrating with delight at being introduced to the green dragon, but when Seijin winked at him he turned bright red, ducking his chin down and muttering something unintelligible. Ellaira prodded him gently with her elbow.

"It's very nice to meet you, Araith," Vijeraten said, looking down to his mother for approval. She smiled at him, before returning her gaze to Seijin.

"It's good to see you again, too," she replied. "And congratulations to the two of you on your pairing," Ellaira added, her voice rich with sincerity. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Araith. Morallina?" The little girl made a sound of protest and shook her head 'no', trying to scoot behind her mother's arm. Vijeraten squatted next to her and tickled her side.

"C'mon, sis, say hi." The little girl giggled and looked up to meet the dragon's eyes shyly.

"Hi, Araith," she said, before giggling again and burying her face in her mother's sleeve. Ellaira chuckled and stood up, freeing her sleeve from Morallina and taking the little girl's hand.

"I trust all is going well for the two of you? And-- do I smell lavender?" Ellaira asked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled at the boy.Nice to meet them, Nice to meet everyone Seijin Araith bespoke Seijin softly. "She said it was so nice to meet you as well. "  Seijin replied course he added some to what his young green said.

Seijin smiled up at Ellaira. " Thank you" He replied soflty. His eyes still glistening from the wonderment and joy of impressing Araith. He still couldn't believe that they were together at last. He though he would never find his dragon. But you did Seijin and I am here for you and you for me. she looked up at Seijin as he reached down to  run fingers along her neck softly.

When the little girl finally said Hi to  Araith she leaned up her head and looked up at the girl her eyes whirling happily. Hello , hello

Seijin nodded its going very well.  " He heard Ellaira next question and had to flush a little  " Umm yes you do  we using a lavander base oil on Araith's skin. She really likes it. " Course Seijin won't admit that he likes it as well. And thats a good thing cause he normally smells of it just as much as Araith does these days.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Vijeraten grinned with unbridled glee as Seijin relayed Araith's pleasure at meeting them. He bounced a couple times before looking at his mother.

"Can I go get some of the little pies?" Ellaira chuckled fondly.

"Do you have marks?" Vijeraten ducked his head. She shook her head in amusement and pulled a couple clipped and worn marks out of her sash, holding them out to him. "Go ahead, but make sure you stay clean." The boy took the marks and dashed off, full of youthful energy, with a shouted thanks over his shoulder. Ellaira shook her head again and returned her attention to Seijin and Araith.

"Oh, that's very clever," Ellaira said approvingly, in response to the comment about lavender oil. "Lavender is supposed to be a calming herb, isn't it? It must be nice to have that influence. I'm sure it's hectic, settling into a new life with a new partner." During Ellaira and Seijin's conversation, Morallina slowly stopped hiding, particularly as Araith had spoken directly to her. The little girl flashed a shy smile at the dragon.

"You is pretty," she said shyly to the dragon, with a giggle. Faced with the lovely little dragon, Morallina's declarations - only a few weeks past - of only wanting to ride a gold dragon were forgotten. Araith was so pretty! Who wouldn't want to be her friend?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
Congratulations, you found a clue!

Clue 17:
A pair of gossiping weyrlings walk past, chattering loudly and with little regard for their surroundings. They aren't taking about the hatching, though. They're talking about a recent incident that almost got lost in the excitement:

"It's really sharding convenient how everyone forgets all about poor  D'ren just because of the hatching," the green weyrling says.

The brown weyrling frowns. "I know! Has there been any news about it?"

The green weyrling paused. "I heard that creepy bluerider D'hys was seen fleeing from D'ren's hut the other morning. Everyone was talking about A'liran, Z'ia, and Nejerc getting caught snooping around, but one of the greenriders in the dining hall the other night swore up and down that he spotted D'hys fleeing through the window. Dude's a fucking creeper. I hope he doesn't enter my dragon's virgin flight..."

The brown weyrling frowned. "I'd heard rumors about the others going in there to try and sabotage evidence or some crap, but I didn't think much of it. Z'ia and  A'liran are always into something, and Nejerc loves D'ren, right? I figured it was S'kef being hotheaded. It's weird that an innocent man would run away like that, though...I'd trust the ones who stuck around for their punishment more than a guy who booked it."

The green weyrling nods in agreement. "D'hys sharding hates D'ren, too. Threw a hissy fit after the whole lashing thing. Scary."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin chuckled as the boy ran off to get some pies. He remembered back when he was that age he was about the same way. Course its not like he is ancient now. He smiled back at ellaira and chuckled softly at her comment on the lavender.

"Somehow I think they just new we'd be ones who needed it. lucky for me though I adore the smell of lavender and Araith is crazy about it herself.  Course it can be highly embarrassing." Seijin grinned and watched Araith with the young girl. He leaned down again.  "She likes to be rubbed right her pointing to a spot along the eye-ridges.  And this spot right here as well he pointed to her favorite spot along her neck.  " He suggested softly to the girl.

He turned his head as two weyrling passed His eyes shifted to Ellaira to see if she heard what they had said. As they finally passed out of hearing range. Course he had heard enough of the conversation to pick up what they were discussing.  He hoped A'liran was ok He wondered if he should seek him out. Though he remembered A'liran said he could deal with s'kef.  He pulled his mind back to the present hiding his worry and stray thoughts from Ellaira.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Embarrassing?" Ellaira raised a brow at that. Lavender was a common favorite of the Weyr, wasn't it? At least, she'd seen quite a bit of it growing in gardens and hedgerows around the Weyr buildings. But perhaps it was favored by the women of the Weyr; Ellaira really had no way to tell. "It's good that you both like it, though. Imagine if she loved the scent of something truly appalling, like boiled cabbage!" The woman's grin invited Seijin in on the joke.

Timidly, Morallina reached out with one hand and rubbed the green dragon on her forehead, vaguely along the ridges Seijin had pointed out. If she wasn't very thorough or capable, well, she was only three turns old, with only her mother's fire-lizard to practice on. The little girl giggled again and withdrew her hand.

"What do we say?" Ellaira prompted, looking not at the girl, but at the weyrlings as they passed. What? That's... interesting, she thought, glancing back to Seijin with a furrowed brow, meeting his eyes for a brief moment. Yes, he'd heard it, too, it seemed.

"Tank you," Morallina said primly, still not quite good at the 'th' sound.

"Good girl," Ellaira replied. Morallina flashed her most winning smile at Seijin and Araith. She was a good girl! And she had touched a dragon!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Well normally I've always smelled like  tanning oils  homemade dyes or cured leathers.  though I have always found the colors and smells of flowers to be quite pleasant.  Course it seems popular among the riders and dragons here. Cause I got it from the weyrling Master." He confessed softly explaining what he meant. "Boiled cabbage oh dear don't give her any ideas she might ask to smell them.  But I think she'll go for the sweet smells instead.:"Seijin winked back.

":My father would probably be rolling around on the ground laughing cause I smell pretty as flowers" He sighed softly "Heck he'd probably be shocked about me riding a dragon if he knew. "

Seijin chuckled softly " But really whats embarrassing is that we need it  to still our minds to sleep. Araith has proven to be a very talkative social dragon. " He smiled down at her fondly as she enjoyed the girls touch  not finding it lacking in the least.

"Your very welcome" Seijin said softly. He smiled bright brightly the child's smile was infectious.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I use leather oil for my fire-lizard," Ellaira said with a smile. "It's a very pleasant scent, and Warbler seems to appreciate it." She chuckled slightly at Seijin's comment about his father laughing at the young man smelling 'pretty as flowers'. Her parents couldn't have given a flying fig about their daughter once she had determined to remain with the Weyr, and not with them, but her foster-mother would have had words with her, had she any idea of the life Ellaira was leading.

"From what I've heard, young dragons have no sense of time or schedule," Ellaira replied, a wry smile crossing her face. "They're just like human infants, scheduling off their stomachs and not the sun! It's good that lavender works for the two of you, though."

Morallina giggled and hid behind her mother's skirt again, pulling the fabric to cover her eyes. Ellaira smiled and shook her head slightly at the little girl's actions, before stooping and picking her up with a slight sound of effort. "I don't want to keep the two of you from the Gather," she said, "But I'm so happy for the both of you! Thank you for tolerating my children." Ellaira tweaked Morallina's nose, making the little girl giggle. "I know they're quite a handful."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded " Yes thats what I use on Lana here and Claus as well.  " Well they will soon enough get into a routine I am quite possitive but right now I  gotta feed her when she hungry and sleep whenever she sleeps or I probably won't get any sleep at all. But It all gonna be worth it and it won't be forever. "

Seijin waved at the little girl hiding behind her mothers skirts. " Its honestly no trouble at all." Seijin said quietly.  "Children are always so adorable and  cute and their hearts are big and their minds very imaginative. I enjoy spending time around them. " He admitted softly. " I do have to admire you patience at having two of them of your own. I bet they a handful. having two firelizards  was a challenge but i suppose having to little children is even more so. And lilbit is very sweet "Yes sweet, I like them Seijin.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, you never know," Ellaira said with a glib wink, "You might find out that you like having a random schedule!" She grinned. "If you ever end up having children, and find yourself wanting another one... just remember what it's like to sleep whenever you can catch a wink or two." She hefted Morallina again, settling the girl's weight better on her hip. It wouldn't be too much longer before she either had to make the girl walk all the time, or get her a pack mule.

"You're always welcome to come visit us," Ellaira offered after a moment. "Just send one of your flits over with a message beforehand. I enjoy your company, and I know that Morallina would be more than delighted to spend more time near Araith, wouldn't you, dear?" The little girl nodded shyly, before waving to the dragon. "And if it's allowed, well, I bet Ten would be over the moon to help, if you'd like any company when tending to Araith. He's been dreaming of dragonriding since he could talk, and if you can stand a motormouth, he's a hard worker."

It was a good thing Vijeraten had run off to buy himself snacks, or he probably would have been begging as soon as the suggestion came out of his mother's mouth. He was like any other weyrbred boy, really, with dragons in his eyes and the wind at his back. It would be a shame if he never Impressed - but with a dragonrider as a father and an uncle, it wasn't likely. Though of course, she had thought similar thoughts about herself more than once in the past... And look at her now. Almost thirty, and always left Standing.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)