World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Shifts in the Sands [Solo]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
The stone ball glistened with oil, slippery and hard for R'ana to hold as she used it to massage at the joint where wing met the body.  Berruth rumbled as the cramp began to ease, his relief from the pain obvious and mentally, R'ana thanked Talian for the tip on what to use for a cramped muscle.  She doubted he had meant for it to be used on dragons, but she had truly asked for herself...mostly. 

His rider inhaled softly and R'ana spoke quietly.  "I'm glad this gunk works on him."  The mixture smelled pungently of the spiceroot and cottonwood bark she had used to make it.  She kept working, saying, "What on earth was important enough for you to fly him over here?  You know how much a long flight hurts Berruth." 

K'trel looked around, then spoke.  "The notice on the board.  S'kef is weyrleader." 

R'ana snorted.  "You, sir, are way behind the times."  She felt the muscles spasm and relax under her fingers, keeping the massage up, unconsciously echoing the croon her own bonded was giving to Berruth to soothe him into staying in one spot and quiet. 

T'rel shook his head, though R'ana couldn't see it, focused as she was on the scarred patch of hide where the large bronze had been mauled by a feline during the exile.  They had been able to repair the wing itself, but not the muscles under it.  She felt a twinge of regret as she traced the worst of the scars.  "No, he's no longer acting weyrleader but the weyrleader.  For real." 

R'ana jolted.  "You're joking."  Her hands stilled a moment as she thought, then moved from her precarious perch on Berruth to slide to the ground.  She used a cloth with soap sand to clean the gunk off her hands and kerplopped on the ground.  Berruth stayed a moment, long enough to receive a scritch, then padded over to Shanith and curled up around her.  The green quietly tucked herself close to her favourite bronze and R'ana relaxed a bit, the contentment easing her usual reserve.

Beads were dug out from a pocket and a soft set of quiet clicks heralded R'ana's moment of thoughtfulness.  It took 90 clicks for her to come to an opinion.  "Who else seeks leadership?  Not all the bronzes will follow a brown.  Even if Tyrrisath really was born the wrong color." 

"M'bal.  Perhaps a few of the other bronzes, but he's the strongest contender."  R'ana considered her companion's words. 

"That pretty boy?"  R'ana words were quietly derisive.  "So it's S'kef or him?"  She folded her arms over her chest.  "What do the rest of the outcasts think?"

T'rel snagged her beads, and made a face as she instantly pulled out another set, counting them off as he spoke.  "Divided." 

R'ana counted off her beads, then spoke.  "Personally...I don't like M'bal.  Better the evil you know that the one you don't and I don't even trust him to be himself.  S'kef at least will mostly act like S'kef, so he's somewhat predictable."

Once she knew the rules to surviving S'kef at the weyr's helm, she could play by them and be more or less okay.  She was not at all sure of that regarding M'bal.  "But...We can test S'kef a bit."  There was silence.  Shocked silence, but R'ana elaborated on her idea.  "I can contrive a reason to see him in an official capacity.  He's smart.  He'll see through it.  If that mind reader he calls dragon doesn't tell him.  But..."  She trailed off. 

"I want to support S'kef's bid for power.  I would be happier to see him with a sane weyr woman, but...As much fear as there is in the air with him leading...I see blueriders with real hope for rank.  Maybe that'll trickle down to us green riders.  Female greenriders around here are treated like vermin.  What if S'kef could change that, just by being a brown rider in control of the weyr?"  She leaned forward the beads snapping as movements of her figners echoed her irritation.  "And if people start going back north...I don't think dragonriders will be welcome once word of over 40 kidnappings gets out.  To say nothing of the chaos some of the holds will have been left in with their heir disappearing.  We'll need someone ruthless in control...someone who will act to protect dragonkind, decisively if needed." 

T'rel looked to her.  "You've been thinking.  Not sure the outcasts will support S'kef.  He's pissed off a lot of them." 

She pointed out, "We're stuck no matter what.  I don't think M'bal is going to be any better than S'kef.  I don't think he can buck Tsuen and Nirinath if it come to it."  She leaned back.  "For now, I'd rather be stuck with S'kef than with the Pretty Boy."  She laid it out and came to a decision.  She supported S'kef.  Obviously her cheese had slid off her cracker, because that was insanity.  "Faranth help me, I think my last flight partner popped me a little too hard in the head."

The greenrider looked to T'rel.  "First, Tyrrisath has to fly Nirinath so he can stay in power."  His words were considering, and R'ana knew that if she did this it wasn't just her lot she would be throwing in with S'kef, but likely T'rel's and the other outcasts.  She had to be sure.  Completely sure.

R'ana's words were thoughtful, each point articulated by the click of a bead hitting its mates.  "He has the power, and the cunning.  The stamina will be the issue...Nirinath has many turns of experience outflying dragons...But...I do know how to help build a dragon's stamina.  I can help a bit, leave some information anonymously on his office desk or something.  But first, I want to talk to him, see if my thoughts are right."

T'rel spoke.  "Tell me what happens?"  He looked to his bronze and R'ana knew he was wishing Berruth could still fly a queen.  She agreed and headed with him to wake their dragons, both riders unaware of a solitary brown dragon winking between, just low enough to have heard every word.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)