World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Interesting News [Nejerc]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
D'ren stretched. It was rare for him to have even a few hours to himself these days, much less in the middle of the afternoon! Normally he found his free time in the late evenings or very early mornings, and all too often he had no energy except to sleep. Today, however, the stars had aligned in his favor. His wing practice, which he'd set aside an entire afternoon for, had to be rescheduled for the following day to accommodate a  poorly timed greenflight. Since the bronzerider was caught up on his work, that mean he could actually, legitimately enjoy some time off.

He probably should have huddled in his hut and locked the door. Probably. Surely any minute some greenrider would appear and complain, or some brownrider would approach and suck up, or some candidate would appear and ask for something,...the list went on and on. Everyone wanted the Weyrleader's attention.

Today, he didn't think he would mind giving it. He hated feeling like he didn't have time for everyone who needed him, and while N'gelt and his new wingleaders were of great help, D'ren still missed the personal touch he'd once been able to show. He hadn't been in the public at all much lately, so today he decided to risk being disturbed simply so he could be among the people of his Weyr. He missed them, and he hoped seeing him out and about, even casual, might be a comfort to them.

Or someone could decide to throw a rock. That was a worst case scenario, though!

D'ren? Ronarth cooed. The dragon lay lazily on the grass, rider leaning casually against his stomach. The dragon's tail twitched playfully, as it so often did, and his eyes whirled in curiosity. Do you think Tyrrisath chases Krypth to get back at you?

D'ren blinked. The flight had been on his mind all day, so it was no wonder Ronarth picked up on it. No, Ronarth. I think he chases her because he's a male and she's a female.

But Tyrrisath loves Rilaleeyth!

Ugh, that was a troubling assertion. D'ren would rather not think about the implications of that relationship, now that he knew more about S'kef's true nature. Two-faced bastard! D'ren frowned and shook his head, idly patting the bronze's stomach with one open palm. Maybe you're right. Could be greed. I don't know.

The Weyr loved having something to gossip about, and Tyrrisath's successful flight was proving fruitful. D'ren was tired of hearing about it, though. Sensing his bonded's impending headache, Ronarth quickly changed topics. You weight less! he chirped. Tsuen liked hearing that, so hopefully D'ren would like it, too!

D'ren groaned.

Suddenly, as if the previous topics had never occurred, Ronarth's head shot up. His eyes whirled as he spied an unfamiliar face. Oooh. I don't know him Ronarth observed, climbing to his feet and leaving D'ren to slide ungracefully into the grass. The Weyrleader cursed as his beats abandoned him, lumbering unabashedly over to the candidate he'd noticed. The dragon lowered his snout to the young man and began to eagerly sniff at him.

Hello!

Holy backposting, Batman!

For anyone who didn't check the dates, this is old and has nothing to do with the current plot. Whee!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
It was a nice day, and Nejerc was enjoying being out in the open thinking on some of the teaching songs and how the guitar was better than the drum when used to teach them.. The guitar just had more.. notes to it than the drum did, to properly apply the intended effect of the songs he would need multiple drums of different sizes to adequately...

His thoughts trailed off as he felt a shadow settle over him before a sharp selective wind pulled at him. He turned just as he heard the voice in his mind. He winced slightly ineffectively hiding his surprise. He tilted his head back to look up at the large bronze that had actually managed to sneak up on him in his deep thoughts.

Blinking rapidly he swallowed before returning the large bronzes greeting. "Hello." His head returned level with the ground as he glanced around for the bronzes rider. If he wasn't mistaken this was Ronarth? It was a guess.. Nejerc had never personally met the bronze or his rider though he had seen D'ren speak at the lashing that had happened not so long ago. The announcement and lashing still fresh in Nejerc's mind..

Didn't a dragon usually stay close to his rider? Where was the rider? He didn't spot D'ren as Nejerc didn't look low enough on the ground looking for someone who was standing.. Not seeing anyone his gaze returned to the large bronze and he eyed him a little wearily. Was the bronze planning something with no one to witness it? The dragons didn't eat humans.. Though maybe one wished to experiment? No that was rather gross.. Perhaps he was looking for someone to play with him?

Why was Ronarth SNIFFING him? "Why are you sniffing me?" He finally asked wonder if he smelled like the sweet fruit he'd had earlier, or if he might need a bath..

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

You smell like food Ronarth observed cheerfully, blissfully unaware of the connotations held in those words. He pressed his snout forward, attempting to lightly butt it into the young man's torso, nostrils still quivering vigorously.

For D'ren, this was all too familiar. Covered in grass clippings and nursing a new bump to the head after the fall, he sprang haphazardly to his feet and ran over. "Ronarth!"

The dragon's eyes flashed and he lifted his head. He smells like those fruits Tsuen won't let us have! Ronarth proclaimed, as if it were the most amazing thing ever. D'ren just frowned, reminding himself not to be too stern with the dragon, but honestly! Ronarth had given enough northerners panic  attacks.

"I apologize," D'ren said, placing one hand on the side of Ronarth's snout and eyeing Nejerc with longsuffering amusement. He winked reassuringly at the young man. D'ren remembered the harper's face in passing, as he'd at least observed most of the candidates after their arrival, but he could not place the young man's name. "...He's just enthusiastic." He gave the dragon a firm, playful slap to the snout before extending a hand.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At the large bronzes words Nejerc almost moved away when he pressed his snout to his chest. He barely refrained instead tensing and standing completely still for the gesture. He was eying the dragon wearily when he heard the shout of the name and turned his head to see D'ren seemingly materialize out of thin air. Though only dragons could do that..

'Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that fruit...' As D'ren joined him he took in his appearance and the grass that had caught in his hair and some that clung to bits of his clothing. Ah, he'd probably been laying down in the grass.. Unless he'd been.. Well what else would one do to get grass in their hair and on their clothes? Nejerc didn't want to think to hard on that.

As D'ren apologized and held out his hand Nejerc eyed the dragon again before shaking the weyr leaders hand. "It's alright.. As long as he has no intention of eating me I don't mind." He looked back at D'ren as he finished speaking.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren grasped the younger man's hand, his own grasp firm but not overpowering. "Relax," he said warmly, eyeing his dragon with increasing amusement now that he realized the boy hadn't been scared out of his wits. D'ren's heart always skipped a beat when the damn bronze went off on one of his spontaneous little adventures. Shards, a newly-Impressed D'ren had hoped fervently that his dragonet would grow out of that phase, but they were getting old now and Ronarth was still at it!

D'ren looked older than he was now, too. His job was stressful, and the pressure only compounded as time went on and tensions rode higher. It really was good to have a nice, relaxing afternoon, and if a little over-excitement from Ronarth was all D'ren had to worry about, well that was just fine.

"Ronarth won't eat you," D'ren assured Nejerc. He could have simply pointed out that dragons don't eat people, but he knew that argument was less than persuasive to those who were less familiar with the beasts. "He's just excited. He's talkative and likes to meet people." Hah, how many people had D'ren met through Ronarth's antics that he wouldn't have met otherwise? It was a blessing and a curse.

D'ren withdrew his hand and crossed both arms, looking Nejerc over for a moment before shaking his head. "Well son, I know I recognize your face, but I can't place your name. I'm D'ren, and this is Ronarth." He assumed the boy would know, but assumptions made for bland conversation, and his paranoid side still figured he needed to smooth things out after Ronarth's 'enthusiastic' greeting.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Nejerc." He said simply as he withdrew his hand after just a firm grip he made no show of strength and was pleased that D'ren didn't either. His gaze turn to the large bronze. "I wasn't so sure that he hadn't decided to experiment and try sampling a human." His lips twitched. 'My brother would have chastised me for even considering that a dragon might THINK to eat a human.' That Ronarth was friendly almost.. Yes, almost like a child had an actual small smile crossing Nejerc's features but it quickly disappeared as he looked again at D'ren.

"I don't expect it's possible for one person to know the entirety of the weyr." He inclined his head in respect first to D'ren and then Ronarth. "It is a pleasure to meet the weyrleader and the mighty bronze." He didn't say that Ronarth was D'ren's though that was true, but from the way Nejerc's brother had explained it once.. The dragon also owned his rider it was a give take relationship. It was best to phrase things carefully one couldn't be certain on a dragons personality or their riders just on a few displays..

Nejerc paused a moment as he stared up at Ronarth recalling again the lashing that had taken place recently. "It must be hard." He said thoughtfully not really meaning to imply anything.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren shrugged. "I try just the same," he pointed out. After fifteen turns, he knew more or less every dragon and rider. The others were a work in progress, and these days he was wondering if he had enough room in his head anymore. He leaned into his dragon,, shoulder resting lightly on Ronarth's foreleg, and smiled. The dragon shuddered in delight, holding still only out of desire not to send his rider toppling to the ground again.

"Ah, you've flattered him," D'ren said lightly. Ronarth certainly preened at the compliment.  He called me 'mighty' the bronze observed smugly. D'ren was amused, but he kept it to himself. He wished he could take simple joys like his dragon did! Maybe one day he would finally learn.

Nejerc's next comment gave the Weyrleader pause. He looked back curiously, then slowly smiled. "It can be," he said with warmth and a hint of casualness. Weariness lurked in his eyes no matter how he tried to hide it, but he did prefer to protect others from the burdens he felt. No northerner deserved to have to listen to him complain about his job. "But it's not so bad." His reassuring wink was well-intended, but perhaps not entirely convincing.

"And what have you to say about this place? Is there anything you'd like to call to my attention?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Watching D'ren lean against Ronarth he drew his gaze up to Ronarth's large head once again and watched the dragon preen at the compliment. It was comforting that Ronarth was so open and playful even. Nejerc found that spoke quiet well of his rider, which was already apparent from how he had intervened at the lashing.

At D'ren's question he glanced around. 'What is he talking about? The weyr?' As his gaze returned to D'ren again it was blank, he wasn't sure what D'ren meant exactly but as he stared at his weyr leader he pointed a finger at D'ren's hair. "Well you've some grass in your hair. Ronarth glistens pretty nicely in the sun today. Weathers nice, and the grass is soft."

He lowered his finger after pointing out the grass to glance around again to see if he forgot anything. "No one else is really around." He said looking back at D'ren. "Well no one in a hurry to come this way directly at least.." After a pause he continued. "The weyr has built up nicely."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren didn't realize that Nejerc had traveled south with the riders, otherwise he would have worded his question differently. He was pleased just the same, since so many seemed to come with him with only complaints. He was puzzled by Nejerc's observation about grass in his hair, though. The bronzerider quickly pushed his fingers through his hair to dislodge the stray bits.

"Ah, yes. Thanks," he said, grimacing at the thought of how sloppy he must have looked. D'ren was supremely modest and hated having so much as a wrinkled shirt, much less running around covered in grass. He dressed plain, but be believed he ought to set an example and at least look neat.

Ronarth fidgeted slightly and D'ren righted himself, standing straight so Ronarth might wriggle about. The dragon leaned down to sniff at Nejerc another time or two before letting out a long, hot breath and pushing his forked tongue out to brush the man's cheek. D'rne grimaced again.

"Ronarth!" he scolded. The dragon's head shot back and he crept to the side, as if physically repelled by D'ren's calm, scolding voice. I was just saying hello!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"No problem." He said as D'ren cleared his hair of clinging grass he didn't point out that some had stuck to his clothing as well instead watching as Ronarth fidgeted and D'ren straightened.

Nejerc was slightly startled by D'ren's voice as Ronarth licked him. This time he was not startled or afraid as the dragon's tongue flicked his cheek. Watching as the dragon crept away his head low he turned and walked to the bronze's head. Reaching him he raised his hand and brushed it over Ronarth's muzzle sliding back along the side back toward Ronarth's eye.

He didn't speak instead letting out a low deep hum that he used when soothing a child on the occasion he visited the creche. Waiting to see the effect on Ronarth he didn't show any signs of being afraid or startled by Ronarth has he had initially. He felt more curious now than anything. It was understandable that D'ren would have chastened his dragon for licking a new stranger, but the dragon clearly didn't see things on the same level as his rider at all times. At least now when it came to new people. Nejerc personally would rather relish an interaction with a dragon like Ronarth than see Ronarth scolded for it.

He after all wasn't doing any harm. When he'd been considering Ronarth might want to eat him he had been a little disturbed and jumpy but with an assurance from his rider though Ronarth hadn't said so himself he was reasonably sure that Ronarth meant him no harm. Though when did any dragon mean harm without just cause?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

D'ren's attitude softened when he sat Nejerc's improved reaction. Already the young man was more at ease around Ronarth, whose clumsy and invasive ways often intimidated even other riders. D'ren couldn't help but smile as he saw the young man's hand brush across the dragon's muzzle, a gesture which the dragon replied to with the deepest of approving croons.

"Aah...easy there, boy," D'ren said, reaching out to mimic the gesture. Ronarth purred, settling neatly onto his stomach and allowing the two to stroke him. His eyes flushed deep blue, and sensing the renewed confidence of his rider, he pushed his snout towards Nejerc again. The dragon licked lightly at Nejerc's hand while D'ren watched, cautious but much more approving now that Ronarth had been accepted by his intended companion.

"He sure loves attention," D'ren said softly, unable to keep the happiness out of his voice no matter how serious he attempted to be. Ronarth was exceedingly happy. He always was after receiving the affection of someone else. D'ren wasn't jealous, though. After all, he loved Ronarth unconditionally and would always coddle him. D'ren had to, as Ronarth pointed out. If someone else coddled the gentle bronze, though, it really made his day.

"He likes being rubbed under his chin," D'ren offered lightly, sliding his own hand under the dragon's jaw in demonstration.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nejerc nodded but didn't follow the action with his own though he did watch as D'ren demonstrated. He was lost for a brief moment in a memory of his brother showing him his own blue's favorite places to be petted. He didn't frown visibly but he felt his lips tighten for a moment. Shaking off the memory he looked into the deep blue of Ronarth's eye.

"My brother.. His blue was much less social." He paused in his stroke before kneeling down to rub under Ronarth's chin finally. "I can't imagine being responsible for another living thing, much less a dragon. Hah, I can not imagine at all what you must deal with constantly." He turned his gaze on D'ren a dry humorless smile on his lips. "You're responsible for many lives."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ronarth purred. He looks sad Ronarth said to  D'ren, his own pitiful tone latching on to the man's heart and tugging just as it always did. D'ren continued to scratch, frowning slightly as Ronarth added a morose Fix him! Fix him, please?

D'ren looked to Nejerc, nodding solemnly at the younger man's words. "It's a lot of work," he said, not caring to comment on the actual weight of his position. It wasn't something he was comfortable talking about, but it was something that he liked seeing acknowledged. Everyone in the Weyr thought they could do better, but even the smallest acknowledgment was a comfort. He certainly wouldn't let his discomfort show, but as always, his quiet dignity was tarnished with a hint of exhaustion.

"Ronarth is worried about you," D'ren said gently. He would much rather talk about someone else than himself, though his appreciative tone lingered. Sensing the opportunity to chime in, the bronze spoke once more. I didn't upset you, did I?!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I think you are modest as well as a decent man." Nejerc said at D'ren's simple words about it being a lot of work but not elaborating. The man was clearly older than him, and had to deal with much. The entire weyr depended on him and some looked to him for how they themselves should behave.

He paused in his attentions to Ronarth as D'ren's following statement that Ronarth was worried about him. Ah, he'd said to much and now the weyr leaders dragon was worried about HIM. A harper, but nothing more than an candidate. It was his place after all, he was in charge of the weyr and it's people. If even one person was in a bad way the weyr leader would do well to know of it..

Inhaling a deep breath through his nose he turned back to the large eye of Ronarth and gave him a soft smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Think nothing of it. You did nothing to upset me. How could the mighty Ronarth do something that would upset me?" He rubbed Ronarth's chin one more time before rising to his feet and inclined his head to his weyr leader. "I mean no disrespect. There are things we all clearly don't wish to discuss." He shrugged his shoulders and then for Ronarth's sake lifted his hands up behind his head appearing to relax as he cast the large close color filled eye a side ways glance.

"What brings the weyr leader out here in the middle of the day if you do not mind my asking? Have I intruded on some of your time?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It was more soothing to hear those words than the boy would know, or than D'ren would admit. He smiled, still leaning casually against his dragon's neck, and smiled as he felt a similar warmth creeping through Ronarth. The dragon didn't speak in reply, but instead just crooned and bumped his nose lightly into Nejerc. Ronarth was large, however, and a gentle nose-bump was still a cumbersome affair.

D'ren watched the dragon's neck and looked back to the younger man. "Just relaxing, actually. I'd cleared this time for my wing's practice, but a green decided to have a sudden flight. As you can imagine, discipline broke down rather quickly." He frowned a little bit. Exceedingly modest, he didn't even like to think about the implications of green flights. He was glad Ronarth had never taken to chasing the damn things, though like his rider, he was fond of them on a casual level. Greens were so sweet and playful, and easygoing! They were a joy to be around, but the idea of chasing them frankly terrified the aging bronzerider.

"So you're not intruding at all. It's rare that I have any length of time for my own interests, but I thought it would be nice to spend it with the weyrfolk, rather than just locked away in my hut. I don't feel like I'm out and about enough..."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Even if Nejerc was quickly adjusting to the bumps, and licks Ronarth continued to keep giving him he still was forced to shift his foot back behind him with the latest bump to keep from stumbling or falling over. He didn't appear bothered by this instead he brushed a hand over Ronarth as he made contact with him but his gaze remained on D'ren. “Ah, a green flight.” Yes, Nejerc could just imagine how quickly discipline had fallen apart in the shadow of a flight.

“Attempting to get a feel for your people?” Nejerc asked as it seemed to be the immediate conclusion to Nejerc at his words. However it did occur to Nejerc that D'ren could just want to be out in the open and not cooped up for awhile. “You'll hear no complaints from me if that's what you were interested in. Complaints aren't my interests.” Tilting his head he regarded Ronarth and patting his muzzle addressed the large bronze.

“Do you enjoy music?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Something like that," D'ren commented pleasantly. He did like to b out and about among the Weyrfolk more. It was relaxing, even if it was hard to actually do it without being bombarded by questions and complaints, neither of which he minded. He'd put up with a constant stream of complaints for turns now. He was thick-skinned to them, and he recognized that he was a good scapegoat for all of those who were, for any number of reasons, rightfully unhappy.

He would rather be blamed himself than see Tsuen blamed, if only because she was a more permanent office Nirinath seemed to favor Ronarth, but who knew if that would last. No, it was better that Tsuen's reputation be protected, but as time wore on she had made it more and more difficult to protect her.

The next question was unexpected, but pleasant. "I do," he replied. "I don't hear much these days, though. Things are busy and times are..." 'Hard' wasn't the word. Things were much better than they had been for some time. 'Anxious' was a better word. Things had been slowly changing, and while it had been subtle at first, it was getting harder and harder to ignore.

D'ren sure didn't know how much longer he could ignore it. Tsuen...

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Nejerc would have had to be a fool and deaf not to notice the clear pause in D'ren's unfinished sentence. He however made no comment on it and didn't make any show of acknowledgments to his weyr leaders words. Instead he looked at Ronarth and lowered again to rest on his knee's and the tips of his toes. With both his knees and feet together even as he supported himself with his heels.

He wasn't much of a vocal singer, but he wasn't completely horrible at it, but he favored the beat of a drum. As there was no drum in sight he knew of an easy way to improvise as he had sometimes had to do during some of his visits to the creche.
He gave Ronarth and D'ren a quick smile, “Then allow me.”

He paused a moment and then started with a simple deep hum allowing the sound to prepare his voice for the song he was quickly leading up toward. He closed his eyes a moment as images of what the song spoke of fluttered behind his closed lids. He smacked a hand down onto his taunt leg in front of him and then again. The sound was not the sound of a drum but it was enough to hold the beat of the song as he opened his eyes and began to sing.

It was a simple song really, one he even sang to the children in the creche. It was a song of the dragons, and the riders. A song of the great golden egg itself. It spoke of the wings of the dragons, their colors. It was a song he enjoyed personally as his favorite and as such he could sing it easily even without a drum to beat the more appealing sounds that echoed sweetly.

When he finished he'd likely smacked his legs both red but the beat had been finished and the song was over.

“I'm afraid I left my drum back in my room so that is the best I can give.” Standing he stretched his legs glancing at his weyr leader again. “My apologies I should have asked if you wanted to listen, or if there was a song you wished.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Why apologize for a kind gesture?" he asked in a good-natured way, clearly pleased by the display. "You've got a nice voice. You should use it as often as you can," he said, thinking almost wistfully to his own long-abandoned hobbies. He could recall the embarrassing incident in which an old sketch of baby Ronarth fell out of his notebook in front of B'jin, who had quickly crooned over it. How D'ren wished he had time to draw again! Ronarth had always been so enchanted by the images, and it was so very relaxing. Perhaps once he got a chance to retire...

Ronarth purred and nosed at Nejerc's legs again. He got a little rough, so D'ren gave him a light tap on the snout. "Be gentle," he reminded his bronze, whose eyes flashed yellow in embarrassment. I'm sorry! the dragon chimed. D'ren ran his fingers over the bast's smooth hide, rewarding him for containing his excitement and not, you know, maiming someone on accident. It wouldn't be the first time.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The hard nudge to his legs which were tender from his own abuse of them resulted in a wince that Nejerc was quick to contain. Before Ronarth or D'ren could comment on it he patted Ronarth's persistent snout. “It's alright. You don't mean it any more than the hatchlings do.” He flashed Ronarth a quick smile but it was too quick to be certain if it was a hearty smile or not..

“It would be selfish of me to keep you two to myself any longer than I already have. I should be on my way. If I don't hurry along the children in the creche will wonder if I'm coming at all today.” He stepped back from the pair and swept his gaze over them both standing close together. They made quiet a sight, it was no wonder that so many had come to respect them in one form or another.

Sweeping in a quick but elegant bow. “It was a pleasure meeting you Ronarth, D'ren. Perhaps we will speak again at another time.” He turned preparing to leave.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)