World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Cause for Celebration [V'zire]

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D’hys left the Weyrleader’s hut with an extra bounce in his step. The meeting had gone even better than he had expected and it was so quick and efficient as well! But he was now a wingsecond and D’hys actually couldn’t wait to step into the roll for their next practice and start properly getting everyone into shape and on the same level. It wouldn’t work for them to fly as a unit if there was one weak link that had to be covered. He would go home that night and start making notes on what he had observed in practices thus far and add to them once he could properly start examining his wingmates and interviewing them for what they felt would be strengths and weaknesses they possessed. No doubt the wingleader had notes and D’hys would be willing to work with him, naturally, but he wanted to add his own assessment.

After all, he only had a month to show he was the right man for the job before D’ren made the promotion permanent or found someone else to take over.

First, however, he wanted to celebrate. Z’ia was off camping with the Candidates for some reason D’hys couldn’t understand, and that green weyrling he fucked the other day had been spotted heading out to camp as well. He still had numerous of bedmates he could call upon for a good victory lay but he’d get to that later as well. There was something else this promotion brought along with it that D’hys liked the idea of; he could use it to spend more time with V’zire to help his cause in making the trusting greenrider open his bed to him. With that thought guiding him, D’hys went off in search of V’zire, Zeianth reluctantly reaching out for Niskziath to see if the pair was together.

The hunt for V’zire was easier than anticipated as he was spotted when they flew over the Gathering Square. He was chatting with a friend but D’hys didn’t let that stop him. He was on a mission and no doubt the friend would vanish when he arrived. He seemed to have that affect on some people whether through reputation, a past experience, or just intimidated by his stature. “V’zire!” he called out cheerfully a moment later when Zeianth landed a few dragonlengths away out of respect for those on the ground. He ran up to him with a large smile in place and managed to look a little embarrassed at so rudely interrupting a conversation. “Sorry! I didn’t mean to interrupt, but I have some great news and I wanted to share with you.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
V'zire truly had no idea how some dragonriders were able to effortlessly hold conversation with other people and their dragon at the same time. He had always suffered a little, mostly because usually what Niskziath had to say was... interesting. Most of her conversations were nearly entirely random, and based on what her mood was for the moment. Usually, she was in a happy mood, so she went off on all sorts of silly tangents. V'zire secretly thought she was far more interesting to listen to than most of the people he knew, though he'd never insult someone so much as to speak that thought aloud!

He was currently chatting with a bluerider acquaintance. V'zire had recognized the man well enough to feel the urge to at least greet him. He'd hate for the bluerider to think that he was ignoring him, after all. V'zire loved people! He loved socializing and simply being around other people, whether they be craftsfolk, dragonriders, creche workers, or whatever spot in life needed to be filled. The greenrider normally did not discriminate, though there were a few key people he would avoid. S'kef was one of them, for very obvious reasons. Reasons he really did not feel like thinking about right now, or ever. That event was something he would like to have out of his mind for the rest of his life.

A friend is coming.

'Which one?'

Rides a blue.

'Which blue?'

I think it would be more pleasing to our eyes if the sky was purple all the time, don't you?

'I think the blue color is very nice, Nisk.' Now he had completely forgotten that Niskziath had mentioned that someone was on their way over to him, as they got into a friendly debate over which color the sky would look nicest in.

When he noticed D'hys jogging over to him, the greenpair had just decided that green would be a terrible color for the sky to be in. No one would be able to tell where the earth ended and the sky began! He greeted the bluerider with an eager smile, and the man who he had previously been talking to dismissed himself with a friendly good bye as D'hys made their way towards them. V'zire didn't really understand why the man wouldn't want to talk to D'hys as well, especially since D'hys seemed to be so excited.

"Oh no," he assured the man, casting a look to the bluerider who was now departing the scene. "You really didn't interrupt anything, so don't worry yourself over it." He looked slightly curious at the word 'news'. D'hys already had stolen his attention completely away from the man he had just been chatting with. "I was about to ask you why you looked so happy. Not that you don't normally... look happy. Just. Happier than usual."
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys couldn’t say he was said to see the other bluerider go. V’zire was his conquest in the making and he didn’t want to deal with competition or obstacles; at least not right then. They would prove to be a fun challenge if they presented themselves and while his confidence was soaring higher than usual after the meeting with D’ren, he simply wanted an easy chat with V’zire. Sometimes, even those were nice to have and he suspected it would seem odd if he was constantly vying for the greenrider’s attention and finding ways to get others to drop out of the conversation.

He laughed lightly at V’zire’s slight stumbling over his description of how he appeared and wondered how it was a man could be so naïve and he supposed adorable. Of course it was safe to say D’hys loved life and enjoyed everything he did so it wasn’t entirely wrong to say he was always happy but it wasn’t something that was said to him often. “Definitely happier than usual. When I saw you, I had to stop and tell you right away before you found out through gossip or end up surprised at the big reveal.” While the shocked faces of A’liran and the idiot he was replacing would be fun to see, this was a special reveal that D’hys wanted to carefully monitor.

“I went to the Weyrleader about our wingsecond and his… interesting ways of carrying out orders and well, I ended up promoting myself as well and,” D’hys paused and grinned wildly, genuinely pleased with the talk going as well as he imagined it would, “the Weyrleader is giving me a month to show I’m a better leader. I’m the new wingsecond!” If he was further along in his plan to seduce V’zire, he would have kissed the man right then to further show his excitement but it was far too early to even hold the man’s hand. So D’hys stood there with his smile in place and waited for the reaction.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There were people who mastered the art of feigning happiness for another individual's success. And then there was V'zire, who was genuinely happy for anyone who managed to achieve something they desired! He had no idea that D'hys was vying for the position, but he was extremely happy that the man had! A smile blossomed immediately over the greenrider's face. He didn't quite hear the part where D'hys was under assessment first, he just heard that D'hys was going to be the wingsecond! Not that their current wingsecond was terrible... but, ummm, he imagined D'hys would do a far better job!

V'zire was usually polite and respectful of someone's space, but this sort of situation called for a celebration! He considered D'hys a friend, and really, he didn't have to think too much on his impulsive actions. He stepped up to the bluerider, and quickly threw his arms around D'hys in a friendly embrace. It was hard to imagine V'zire doing anything sexual, and his hug was nothing but warmth and happiness. "Congrats!" he replied warmly, squeezing D'hys lightly before releasing his hold on the bluerider. He could have gotten embarrassed over his own actions, but he felt comfortable enough with D'hys that he was sure the bluerider hadn't minded the contact.

Red would be such a startling color... Niskziath's voice was still drifting in and out of his mind.

"I'm really sure you'll be an awesome wingsecond," V'zire wasn't the type of person to talk about their current wingsecond's failings, so he left any comment of the other man out of their conversation. He was happy for his friend, but he wasn't going to rip on somebody else! "We can be bit of a sloppy wing sometimes, so hopefully you can whip us into shape! Well... not too much, I'd probably end up being the worst rider of us all. Niskziath can get so distracted sometimes, and then I get distracted." They flew perfectly well on their own! Sometimes it was hard to get Niskziath focused on wing training.

A soft pink, maybe...

And that was the reason why.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#64B116;"][color=#CCFFCC]Niskziath Speech[/color][/span]

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys hadn’t been expecting the hug! It showed in the way he hesitated in doing anything as arms wrapped around him and a light squeeze was given. Before he could think to get his arms around V’zire and hold him in place for a few seconds longer, the greenrider had already slipped free and an early chance for physical interaction was lost. He’d have to pay more attention in the future. But it was good to know that V’zire was the type to go for hugs when good news was given; which meant when sad news hit it would be the same thing. D’hys had played up the shoulder to cry on in the past as he found it as easy way to get women into bed. Depending on the stage of the game, he might not score sex out of the play but it would advance his chances.

“Thanks, V’zire! I admit, I’m pretty excited. It’s not often blues and greens get a chance to lead but I’ll be a wingsecond and I know greenrider B’jin is a weyrlingmaster now as well.” Times, they were a-changing! That reminded him, he should go congratulate B’jin for his new role in Katila as well. “But I promise you I’ll be fair in my decisions and won’t go rank happy. Our wingleader is still that; I’ll still follow the orders he passes down to me.” That shouldn’t be too bad. D’hys did what he wanted but he still knew when to follow rules and behave and wing practice was definitely the time for it. At least, he amended, when they were in the air or doing actual work. When the leader was away, the blueriders would play. Z’ia was going to enjoy his extra freedom, no doubt about that.

“And you know I’m always approachable, right? We’re friends and I’m your wingsecond. Find me day or night if you need anything.” He knew V’zire wouldn’t seek him out at night lest it was an extreme emergency since the greenrider would dread disturbing anyone while they slept. But the offer was there and foundation was always needed first to build on. “I’ll also offer you extra practice; just the two of us, if you’d like. We can jog together and Zeianth might be able to find a way to keep Niskziath focused on the task.” The icy-patterned dragon rolled his eyes at being volunteered yet again to help out. He didn’t overly mind the green but he doubted anything could help her focus on something for more than two minutes.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"I'm glad to see one of us step up and fill in a ranking position," V'zire answered cheerily. Of course, since D'hys was a bluerider he'd still have a far easier time of it than a greenrider. V'zire himself certainly wasn't a leadership type. He was very much a follower, and a good one at that. He was an earnest listener, and did try his best to fulfill whatever requirement was made of him (not that he always managed to). It was hard to dislike the amount of effort V'zire put into doing well, even if it never really got him that far. Niskziath was airheaded, and V'zire was easily distracted by her. Apart they probably could have been whipped into shape, but together they just fed into an already existing problem. Even if V'zire had aspired to be anything other than a wingrider, he never would have been able to achieve it.

"Oh, I'm sure you won't. I don't picture you as the type." Of course, V'zire hardly knew D'hys well enough to imagine what sort of wingsecond he'd be. But, he had as much faith in the bluerider as he would have in anyone else. D'hys had hardly proven V'zire's positive interpretation of him wrong yet. V'zire tended to think the best out of people until proven otherwise. Shells, he thought S'kef was manageable enough, if not unpleasant, until the man took advantage of him. Now he simply avoided the brownrider as if he was carrying the plague itself.

"I wouldn't want to bother you so much!" V'zire interjected good-naturedly. He hardly wanted to impose on the bluerider, since he imagined that D'hys would have his hands full if he was moving up the hierarchy. "I'm sure you'll have more important things to do than catering to some silly greenrider." A little self-sacrifice of his own image was fine in Vikki's book, so long as it got the point across. "As long as I'm not an actual handicap to the wing, I'm sure I can manage on my own. It's very sweet of you to offer, though. I mean it!" And he did. V'zire was just the type of person, overly genuine, overly honest - so much so that it could be sickening at times.
Code:

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

V’zire had to be the most gullible greenrider he had ever come across. D’hys knew he was a good actor but to already have his target believe in him completely after only a few encounters was pretty spectacular. At least he knew he was on the right track for this game and would surely have success, possibly even sooner than anticipated. Still, D’hys wasn’t about to push up his plans anytime soon just because of a hug and a belief he was a good soul. “Thanks for believing in me, V’zire. It’s nice knowing there’s someone that does,” D’hys replied softly with a small smile. It was his attempt at being modest and almost shy. It was always hard to do since he was neither and couldn’t recall a time where he ever displayed a hint of those traits but no doubt it would work on V’zire all the same.

He laughed lightly with a shake of his head when V’zire discredited himself and turned down the offer. It was the obvious answer but D’hys wasn’t going to take it. “You’re only silly for thinking you would bother me! I wouldn’t offer to help if I didn’t want to. Promise me you’ll come to me with the slightest bit of trouble either in the regime or with wingmates.” D’hys gave a stern look of a leader that didn’t want to be argued with though he lightened it a moment later to show he wasn’t actually pulling rank or mad. He just wanted to show he would help a friend!

“And then,” he quickly went on before an answer could be given to the first promise, “say you’ll come have a drink in celebration of my promotion.” D’hys gave a winning smile filled with hope. Surely V’zire wouldn’t leave him to celebrate alone on such a major advancement.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

If D'hys had no one else that believed in him, V'zire would be astonished. D'hys seemed perfectly likable, and perfectly trustworthy. It was hard to not have faith that the bluerider would do some good. Perhaps he was foolish for trusting someone already, but he had no reason not to! No one had anything bad to say about D'hys, though V'zire certainly wasn't the type of person to ask around. He was trusting his instinct when it came to D'hys, unfortunately it would seem that his instinct was never on mark. "I promise, but only if it's necessary." V'zire wasn't keen on interrupting an already busy D'hys. He was confident in his ability to handle his own shortcomings, and Niskziath's.

Before V'zire had even replied to D'hys, the man had invited V'zire to share a drink with him. It was hard to turn down that smile, and V'zire smiled sweetly in return. The greenrider did love to drink, and was a very social drinker. However, not many people knew that since V'zire, while loving a good drink, hated what happened when he had too much. But... it would only be one drink, and surely that would not be so bad. V'zire was strong enough to not get himself tipsy off of a few drinks. And, really, that charming smile was too much for him to turn away.

The greenrider had been effectively sucker punched. There was no way he could say no to D'hys, and he really didn't want the bluerider to drink alone! "Ummm, just for a little bit, okay?" He did not want to drink enough that he started to embarrass himself, especially not in front of a new friend. "I don't want to make Niskziath too jealous of you for getting my attention today," he added light-heartedly.
Code:

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

“Great!” D’hys replied in sincere joy. There had been a small chance the greenrider would turn him down for one reason or another but it was nice to see he was as meek and easily convinced to do things as believed. D’hys had no idea how much V’zire enjoyed drinking or what he was like when he had too much but it would likely one day be something to strive for as a drunken V’zire would likely be ridiculously compliant and easy to use. He gave his new friend a manly clasp on the shoulder to keep up physical contact but not push it with another hug before taking a few steps towards the Dining Hall. He knew V’zire would be quick to follow, especially when he saw the public destination and not the direction of the huts.

“I promise I won’t keep you up all night or take too much time at all. Zeianth says Niskziath is quite lovely and gentle and I’d hate to have such a female upset with me.” Zeianth hadn’t exactly worded it the same way though the idea was the same. In fact, he had said Niskziath was like a female Aveleth but instead of worrying all the time she was ditzy. “Maybe sometime soon we can hang out with our dragons.” That would be an excellent test for how his game was going. The green wasn’t the brightest dragon around but a dragon she still was. If she couldn’t figure out how false he was being in any area and believed his friendship to be genuine, then everything was running smoothly. It also never hurt to have a dragon backing you when flirtatious advancements were made.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I wonder how many glasses I would need to feel as funny as you do with a few... Niskziath's thoughts had a tendency to float through his mind, as if she were not intentionally talking to him. Rather, it seemed like he was peeking in on a few wayward thoughts, drifting from Niskziath's mind to his own. It was an unusual means of communication, since he wasn't sure he was really being spoken to, but was still expected to reply. 'A lot, I think,' he answered her tenderly.

That was hardly an exact estimate. And then there were times when he really was being spoken to. However, it was better to not let Niskziath distract him, or he was sure that D'hys was going to believe that he was ignoring him. V'zire would be aghast to do such a thing.

"Oh, it's no problem if you do. I am more than capable of excusing myself if Niskziath starts to get pouty." His dragon was incapable of being mad or sad. However, she was capable of getting a little down, and thus a little whiny. But, really, the green was only an excuse for when V'zire thought he had enough to drink. He didn't dare get drunk in front of his new friend - there were far too many unknowns in getting drunk. Even getting tipsy was embarrassing! "I'd like that. Niskziath loves just about everyone, so she'd be very happy to hang out with Zeianth."

Is he pink?

'...No, he's blue.'

Oh. And V'zire could hear the deep disappointment in her voice at this revelation.

D'hys began to lead the way to the dining hall, and V'zire happily fell into step beside him. He truthfully was a little relieved that they weren't going elsewhere to drink. Having a lot of people around would prevent V'zire from acting stupid, or doing something just as silly to screw up his new friendship.
Code:

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)