World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

The Right Man For the Job [D'ren]

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
D’hys wasn’t exactly impressed with the leadership of the wing he had been assigned to. He had tolerated it as much as he had thus far thanks in part to the amazing line up of fellow riders. Z’ia, A’liran, and V’zire? Down time before and after practices always ended with large smiles; except A’liran who seemed to enjoy scowling more than smiling. But even he had a limit that could be reached and while the wingleader was actually good at his job and fairly understanding of his wing and what was expected, the second was an increasing problem.

In short, the guy was a douche bag of the highest order and lacked in any real leadership qualities. He just liked ordering people around, likely over-compensating for his shortcomings in other areas.

With some of his wing off camping and the weyr being decidedly quiet that day, D’hys felt it was the perfect time for an unplanned meeting with D’ren. He supposed he could have gone to his wingleader but D’ren was the one in charge of everything and likely had the final say in any major positions changing hand. After all, he had originally assigned the positions so it was only fair he knew the mistake that he had made. So it was time to take advantage of the well-known fact that the weyrleader was always approachable.

Once he had an idea in mind, D’hys didn’t like to let go of it – which explained why he had settled into what would be a long haul of getting V’zire into bed – and preferred to act quickly when possible. It was no different that afternoon when he arrived at D’ren’s hut after having confirmation the weyrleader would be found there. Both Zeianth and D’hys greeted Ronarth when they approached, the blue having been instructed to play nice if Ronarth took an interest in him while their bonded spoke. If all went according to plan, it would be a short and successful meeting.

First, it had to begin and D’hys did that with a proper knock on the door even though his presence had likely been announced already. Playing up the manners when one was about to insult the leader’s decision and recommend oneself as a replacement was often a smart move.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
D'reeeeeeeeeeen

What?

Company!

Ronarth sounded so sharding happy that D'ren couldn't help but smile. That was something of a feat, considering how dodgy the day had been thus far. The aging bronzerider pushed back from his desk and stood, stretching just a bit before glancing out his window and watching the guest's approach. A bluerider. Ah, D'hys. By this point, D'ren knew most of the faces in the Weyr, or at least most of those that came bonded with a dragon. That was the benefit of a close-knit population, he expected.

D'ren went to the door and waited for the knock. When it came, he waited a second before opening it. "Hello there," he said politely, nodding his head to the bluerider and pushing the door open. "Bluerider D'hys, correct? Come on inside. I wasn't expecting company today."

In fact, he hardly had time for it. D'ren welcomed the distraction, though. His paperwork was slowly disappearing, but he was so sharding weary of it for one day! A conversation with another being would be a welcome pick-me-up, even if it would undoubtedly end with the bluerider asking him for something. That's what  D'ren expected from everyone, aside from those few who actually came to visit him socially. Everyone came to him wanting something, but you know what? He was their Weyrleader, their provider. They could ask him for anything they wanted.

Of course, whether or not they would get it was never certain. He smiled at D'hys and closed the door, vaguely aware of Ronarth trying to peek in as it closed, and turned to face the other man. "What can I do for you?"

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys is seeking a promotion of sorts, Zeianth volunteered the information when he saw the way Ronarth tried to peek inside. Why, he wasn’t sure; about either action. Ronarth could easily view the going-ons through D’ren or if he had to see for himself, Zeianth had already spotted several windows that would probably work. As for his volunteering information, he decided to follow the order to play nice and help the bronze out.

“Weyrleader,” D’hys inclined his head in greeting when D’ren addressed him with rank and got his name properly. He was a free spirit that did what he wanted but he knew how to make it look like he was well-behaved and respected authority. It was a trick he had taught to Z’ia since it would ruin a lot of fun if the other half was always under suspicion. “I guess you could say I have something that could mutually benefit us both.” There wasn’t a need to beat around the bush, not when D’ren had already cut right through the pleasantries and asked what the visit was about. It was an obvious thing to do; it wasn’t like many blueriders would go right to the Weyrleader over something and he doubted D’ren had any as close friends he had over for dinner and drinks.

“Honestly, I question the man currently wingsecond of the wing I’m in. His morals and interests are dubious,” which D’hys knew his own would be, by at least one greenrider, “and he doesn’t have a proper understanding of physical training and what the limits are of each man without pushing them too far beyond and risking damage.” All of it was true, and easily checked into if – when – D’ren doubted him thought D’hys could hardly be accused of slander or being intentionally cruel. He was doing his best to be honest but bland in the delivery. As he kept reminding himself, there was no need to rile the feathers of the man that assigned the ego-tripping idiot.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oh. I see! Ronarth said. He crooned a bit and butted his snout against the door, though what he was hoping to accomplish was anyone's guess, including his own. He rumbled softly and looked back at the blue. D'ren will appreciate the honesty. He likes honesty. Too many people come and ask for things without actually asking for things...

Inside, D'ren listened patiently to D'hys' request and nodded his head. He'd received a number of complaints about a number of his assignments, but he'd done little about it so far. Part of it came from a desire to be fair and patient. He wanted to give the wingleaders and wingseconds plenty of time to adapt to their new roles. It was afterthe first couple of months that the bronzerider started really considering complaints. Of course, with it came the process of sorting out legit mate grievances from whining.

He smiled and crossed his arms. "He's on my watch list," he confessed, though he didn't bother to dive into the intricacies of everything. "But there is the question of who to replace him with." He spoke casually, but it was still obvious bait. As Ronarth suggested, D'ren was tired of people who beat around the bush concerning such things. He would prefer that they just ask. This was D'hys' chance to just ask, as D'ren's patient smile indicated without shame.

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

“Then it’s a good thing we’re talking since I have the answer to that question,” D’hys could have many faces depending on what he was after and who he was playing. He could be coy or sweet when needed but he knew this wasn’t the right time. This was business and with the Weyrleader. Sure, he was playing up his nice guy act, showing he was an upstanding citizen of Katila and so well-behaved it’d be hard to pin trouble on him, but he was still being genuine in his goal. Why lie or pretend he hadn’t thought about himself as a replacement when that was exactly what he was there to get? “I would be infinitely better in the position of wingsecond. I’m focused, driven, know about fitness and what limits shouldn’t be pushed beyond, and I’m friendly enough to be approached and trusted by everyone in the wing but serious enough for them to know I won’t tolerate goofing off or anything that may put them in danger.”

As D’hys waited for a response, which he felt would be favourable, Zeianth took to simply watching the bronze dragon, trying to sort out what he was doing. He was odd and many seemed to think it was endearing but Zeianth just couldn’t figure out why he did what he did and sometimes wondered if Ronarth even knew why he did such things. He was so dopey! I don’t see the benefit in tending to such things in that manner. They would never get what they want like that. Simply ask or take it. D’hys has asked, though. There were rare times when D’hys actually did ask before going for what he wanted but Zeianth felt taking was usually easier. He didn’t really care either way when it came down to it so long as his human ended up with what he wanted and was happy about it.

That being said, Zeianth was already getting bored with the current task to get what they wanted and voiced his impatience to his bonded, Are you nearly done?

I believe so. I feel like celebrating tonight. The confidence D’hys exuded made Zeianth snort.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

That was about what D'ren expected. He smiled pleasantly and nodded at D'hys' shameless but tasteful self-promotion. D'ren was no colorist, and while he'd already been criticized for putting a blue as a wingsecond to begin with, he fully intended to at least try to trade the ineffective rider for another blue. He'd been hoping it would work out that way, and so far he had no reason to mistrust D'hys.

"I see," he said as he turned to his desk. The bronzerider pulled one drawer open and reached inside, fishing around for that particular wingleader's reports. D'ren wanted to check up on what the wingleader had to say about D'hys before making his decision, but it really was a rather easy one to make.  D'ren saw no harm in giving the man a shot. He was honest and polite in his request and the man he was complaining of was on thin ice anyhow. Furthermore, D'ren had every intention of shuffling the wings around as much as he had to in order to fine-tune them. If D'hys didn't work out, he'd be rotated back to his former position.

D'ren looked over the wingleader's notes and nodded. It looked like D'hys was in good standing, aside from one random complaint from a greenrider who was in trouble all the time anyhow. Talk about crying wolf. The bronzerider slipped the papers back into place and crossed his arms.

"Your current wingsecond has already received warnings and you have a good record. I see no harm in giving you a shot," D'ren said simply. "I'll send word to your wingleader that you are to take over the position for the next month. If you evaluate well at the end, the job is yours. Don't disappoint me!" He winked playfully at the end, his way of indicating that he was optimistic for a good report. D'ren was naive that way. He wanted to assume that everyone would do well. He'd been bitten in the past, but he expected this particular venture would an out nicely. It was nice to see a competent bluerider!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

D’hys had to admit, he was curious about what the notes said about him. He imagined he could ask the wingleader more about how the wing viewed him since it would be something that could help him assist with leading. If he didn’t know exactly how others thought of him, how would he know how to approach people or what areas to work on himself? He imagined A’liran complained about him regularly even though he had been relatively nice to the greenrider in practices and only left the man confused outside of them.

“Thank you, Weyrleader. I promise you have nothing to worry about. I’m fully committed to helping train the wing and you won’t be disappointed with the results.” He smiled, genuinely pleased that D’ren was willing to give him the shot at the position. D’hys had never truly been one in the past to care about such placements, preferring to do his part but not have to work overtime and take up his precious free time but this called for it. If Thread fell tomorrow, their wing was screwed. The wingleader was doing a good job but the wingsecond had been undoing it all with his incompetence and attitude.

“Thank you for giving me the chance and taking some of your time to talk with me. I’ll let you get back to your work now though and see myself out.” D’hys nodded a farewell and casually made his way out the hut, only stopping to say good bye to Ronarth as well. He had to keep up appearances, after all! The dopey bronze was far easier to deal with when he was in a good mood and he wasn’t about to set Ronarth off now and have D’ren change his mind.

Now that the hardest part of the idea was completed, it was time to celebrate his promotion!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)