World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Apologies without Action [Sanderon]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
"You're welcome." Jada was pleased to see Sanderon lift the cup, but considering she had barely put any liquid in there? It was probably not the triumph she was playing it up as. She watched him drink, then set the cup down, and promptly poured a little more juice in there for him to reach out and grab if he found he had any more of a thirst. The Hunter might notice that the basket was a little further out of his reach this time, and much better secured, but that it was a slightly different basket than before. He might not. More visibly obvious was the lack of a mess on his floor, meaning that while he slept someone had been on a cleaning spree.

He shifted in the bed, and she watched his legs swing off the platform and point towards the floor. His answer to her question was obviously a 'no' then. She would have been more than happy to aid, and not thought any less of him for asking it. It was a common courtesy and kindness that one person should provide aid to another who needed it. While she may not have accepted either if the circumstances were reversed, she knew that her reasoning would have been because she didn't want to cause a problem... and his were possibly his pride. A trait he seemed to hold in great measure, actually, though she barely knew him.

They said what people hated and admired most in other folk were the traits that they themselves bore. Jada was a proud person as well. And oh, yes, she saw it in Sanderon. The boy had pride- and fear- in spades. Ah, well, everyone got to have their vices and virtues. Sanderon opened his mouth, and only Faranth knew what was going to come from his lips. The question, however, surprised her.

"You certainly go for the hard questions first." She smiled wryly, and then shook her head. "Are those the rumors that are being spread amongst the Candidates? Their Harpers should have taught them better. Stories of the Dragonriders are our bread and butter, even though we believed the dragons dead." She spoke of the Harpers as though she were still one of them, a part of Harper Hall. Maybe one Turn wasn't enough to change a person, regardless of what they went through in that time. "Then again, the last dragons were believed dead when I was only 8 Turns."

But to think that somewhere out there a Harper wasn't teaching the younglings about dragons made her heart hurt. Her mother had beaten those songs into her head, as had most the Hall.

"Does she love me? I honestly don't know if dragons understand love as we do. Krypth doesn't love her mother, or her father. She feels affection for her clutchmates, but no more than any of the other dragons. I don't know if defining the bond that we share as 'love' is particularly right. But yes, I would say that what she feels for me is as close to being love as any other emotion I have seen a dragon display. I am most certainly not her slave. Physically, she can force me to do nothing. She would never hurt me, and even if she got it into her mind to, she could never do it on purpose. Knock me over too hard, play too rough, well, a canine can hurt you too. And those can bite you on purpose." It was kind of... strange, to be comparing a dragon to a canine.

"She does treat me well." She smiled, standing, moving around his room a bit, thinking. "She cares for me more than anyone else ever has. She worries over my moods, if I am eating right, and she cares that I am taking care of my responsibilities. As for forcing me to do things I don't want to, no more than my mother ever did. 'Eat that, Jada, it is good for you. Wash your hands, you don't know what's gotten on them. Don't chew your fingernails!' The only difference is that this is a partnership. She takes care of me, and I take care of her." She gave a shrug, face helpless.

"Am I happy?" She blew air out her nose, considering. Everything she had lost. Everything she had gained. Everything that she had yet to do, yet to earn. Instead of answering his question, she asked one of her own.

"Sanderon, did your Harper ever teach you the duty song?" It was the teacher in her shining through, she knew it. Her face lit up, eager for a lesson she had to share, if he was willing to learn.

Oh, we must give honor to those dragons heed
In thought and in favor, in word and in deed
For our world will be lost or our world will be saved
From those dangers that are by the dragons braved.

Weaver and farmer and miner and smith
Tanner and herdsman, all lord holders with
Our harpers attuned to the lessons we learn-
Remember our duty to those who save Pern.

We'll nurture our dragons, the queens rule their bands;
Their clutches will shell on the Hatching Ground sands.
We'll Search out the riders who will love and endure
With their dragonmates keeping our planet secure.

We rise from the Weyr on our dragonmates bold,
Aloft in the sky, Bronze, Brown Blue, Green and Gold.
Wheeling and turning, the hungry Threads burning
A dragon must fly when there are Threads in the sky.

Oh, Lord of the Hold, you must keep your charge sure
Behind metal doors, with your people secure.
See well to the herdbeast, keep cellars well stored
Lest Fall leave you hungry and Holdless and scored.

Oh, we must give honor to those dragons heed
In thought and in favor, in word and in deed,
For our world will be lost or our world will be saved
From those dangers that are by the dragons braved.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Apologies without Action [Sanderon] - by Jada - 22.Aug.12, 01:04 AM
Re: Apologies without Action [Sanderon] - by Jada - 26.Aug.12, 01:56 AM