World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.06.09 | Joyride
10:30am | Chironhes

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
The gold was disappointed to hear that the boy would get into trouble with the healers if he had a patch too. She didn't remember Cazan being in trouble back when she first got hers, but there had been a lot of fussing about her and the twins and there had been so much pain and fear. But the healers had helped, she remembered that much, even when Sir had tried his hardest to save Cazan from them. Maybe it was because she'd yelled for them. That made enough sense to Malvayth. Oh. Well I can yell at them for you if you want! That might help. I'm good at yelling at healers and they listen when I do.

Caz had no idea what question or statement had sparked such a response from Mal, and before she even bothered trying to find out she instead very quickly said, "No, the healers came because you called for help, not because you yelled at them to do something. They go help people who are hurt because it's their job." Malvayth paused in her wading to crane her head back around to look at her rider as best as she could. A bit more haughtily she added, It was because I am a gold dragon. Cazan sighed. "It certainly helped get a lot of them to come quickly, but I think it was more that they could tell you were being serious and trying to help someone. If you want them to keep listening to you, then you shouldn't yell at them for no reason, or they might stop coming." Malvayth was quiet for a moment as she considered. Like the boy who cried feline? Thankfully it seemed that some of the stories she'd heard had stuck, so the goldrider quickly nodded. "Yes. Just like that."

That at least seemed to settle that for the moment. Mal continued to pass on the boy's other thoughts, and Cazan did her best to keep Sir wrangled as she tried to respond to them. "Maybe I'll do gold one day, it's just a tricky dye to get looking right unless I want to spend the marks on a gold wher hide. And then I'd be much more tempted to use that leather for something else." She tilted her head, ideas and patterns already coming together as she thought about it. "I suppose I could always get a scrap of that... so maybe one day if I ever even manage to find a suitable piece of hide."

The question about Sir though made her frown and she picked up the lizard, looking him square in the eye. "Sir, I'll be safe, Lady and Malvayth will watch me. Go bring Yfris one of your toys." The charcoal marked bronze firelizard objected for a moment before finally chirping in agreement. Caz released him and watched him disappear, waiting a few moments until she felt that familiar surge of joy that meant the flitter had found her husband. She smiled for a brief moment before frowning again and silently directing Mal to head back to the Sands so she could warm back up and relax.

"Sorry about that, I had to send him away so he wouldn't get riled up by the memories. Lady is a bit more steady than he is when it comes to me being upset. Not sure if it's because she's a little older, a gold, or because it's just in her personality." She reached up to gently touch the eyepatch, finger tracing along one of the scars that radiated out from underneath. "Last year... there were a lot of deaths last year. A lot of attacks. In the last one against me the killer was a bit more direct. I was working and heard a noise, and when I went to check I saw someone standing over my brother with a knife. And... I don't remember too much. I remember Sir was there, trying to claw and bite at the man, I remember he got hurt but he didn't care he just wanted to keep everyone away from me, wanted to make sure I wouldn't get hurt more. That was how I lost my eye."

Malvayth had been quiet as she waddled along. She really was much bigger than she had been for her last clutch. Once Cazan finished the scary story, the parts she remembered at least, Malvayth let out a more cheerful chirp. We can relax in the sands and share better stories. That is when the twins came too! And they are good! Caz smiled and leaned down to pat her dragon fondly. "Yes, I'm certainly glad nothing went wrong there aside from an early arrival. Now come on."

She slid off of Mal's back to land in the soft sands once they arrived, Lady flying from her perch on the dragon's head to go snuggle affectionately around Cazan's neck. "So, Chir, welcome to the Sands. You'll come back later I'm sure for Touchings and Hatchings. Just be sure not to intrude when any other golds are here, or if there are eggs on the sands. Malvayth gets... protective once she clutches."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
743.06.09 | Joyride - by Cazan - 09.Jun.22, 12:48 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Ch'es - 10.Jun.22, 09:56 AM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Cazan - 10.Jun.22, 11:58 AM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Ch'es - 10.Jun.22, 02:03 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Cazan - 10.Jun.22, 03:45 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Ch'es - 10.Jun.22, 04:26 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Cazan - 10.Jun.22, 06:15 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Ch'es - 10.Jun.22, 10:09 PM
RE: 743.06.09 | Joyride - by Cazan - 11.Jun.22, 12:52 AM