World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 743.05.23 | All Eyes On You
Early-Afternoon | B'jin

Ch'es
of Bronze Pardrith

Date of Birth
09.07.726, 18
Height
5'7"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Lithe
Hair
Curly dark brown to black

Threads

Written By: vet
Chir realized he ached for his weapons. He'd spent years with the bow and dagger as constant companions that now that he was without either, he felt far too exposed. It didn't help that even the clothes he wore weren't his own ragged furs. The boy felt very much out of place and everything was wildly different than what he knew. Without the ribbed leather wrappings around his dagger's handle to run his thumb across, Chir instead rubbed his left hand nervously along his thigh as the stranger sat in front of him.

The man was smiling, but Chir knew better than to accept it at face value. Not all smiles were kind. In fact, quite a number of them hid cunning. The way the tiny golden dragon wrapped around the man's shoulders stared him down, the young hunter couldn't help but feel he was being judged and found lacking. That, at least, was familiar. Still, he averted his eyes from the little creature in case it decided it didn't care for his gaze and leaped at him or something.

Chir certainly didn't expect the stranger to tug his discarded plate closer to slice the wherry steak up for him and push it back. He chewed on the inside of his cheek, feeling guilty for having misjudged him so quickly. He nodded his thanks and had just lifted his hand for his previously discarded fork when the voice in his head had him jolting.

He tried and failed to look slyly about for the owner of the voice. Based on his experience with Urudith, Chir naturally sought out a dragon and took in the green one lingering nearby. He thought nothing in response to the revelation that the man - this B'jin - had a son who had lost an arm. Chir kept his mind carefully blank, but without any formal training for such, even he couldn't stem the emotions he felt about it; sorrow, pity, guilt.

B'jin's snort drew his gaze back to him and Chir realized he, too, could hear the voice he'd assumed was only in his own head. Larrikith was a far more gracious interpreter than Urudith, the boy realized. Still, his previous experience made him hesitant to think much of anything in response considering the way he'd insulted the bronze dragon with questions and curiosity. But when she revealed that her rider also couldn't speak, Chir blinked in surprise. It could not be a coincidence that he was here, then. Again, the boy glanced around for S'far without success.

When B'jin pulled out a little chalkboard, Chir stared uncomprehendingly at the glyphs written. Self-conscious, he managed only the barest shakes of his head to indicate he couldn't read. The boy took a deep breath as if gathering his courage. They'd get nowhere if he didn't at least try again and risk irritating another dragon.

I cannot speak either. Can you thank him for...? Chironhes didn't complete the thought but glanced down at the cut-up meal in front of him.

Finally, the young hunter snagged the fork and skewered a neatly cut piece of wherry steak to pop it in his mouth. The taste of it reminded him of the abandoned boar and wherry he'd killed before S'far had found him. He frowned, wondering if one of the dragon-riders would perhaps return to bring both back here to serve in payment for his meal and the healing. Chir admittedly didn't have anything in the way of repayment other than his skills as a hunter.

Looking back up at Larrikith, he sent fractured images of the morning's hunt: his success with taking down the boar, the subsequent attack by the large wherry, managing to take that down as well after sustaining his injuries, his weapons left behind, S'far finding him, even an abridged version of how he managed to insult Urudith. The thoughts came quickly and with purpose. Could someone return for the boar and wherry? I don't like to think they'll go to waste when they can help feed people here. I was supposed to take them back to the Hold. At least the boar. I didn't expect the wherry. But out there, their deaths serve no purpose. I don't know if they are suitable to repay for my healing, but I can hunt more if I need to when I get home? The last thought was undoubtedly a question. How to get home was very much still on his mind, though now that there was a dragon that seemed willing enough to listen, perhaps the trip could be made easier without him having to walk or steal a ride.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
743.05.23 | All Eyes On You - by Ch'es - 24.May.22, 02:59 AM
RE: 743.05.23| All Eyes On You - by B'jin - 24.May.22, 05:22 AM
RE: 743.05.23| All Eyes On You - by Ch'es - 24.May.22, 01:28 PM
RE: 743.05.23| All Eyes On You - by B'jin - 25.May.22, 08:28 AM
RE: 743.05.23| All Eyes On You - by Ch'es - 25.May.22, 02:16 PM
RE: 743.05.23 | All Eyes On You - by B'jin - 27.May.22, 10:17 AM
RE: 743.05.23 | All Eyes On You - by Ch'es - 27.May.22, 09:14 PM
RE: 743.05.23 | All Eyes On You - by B'jin - 28.May.22, 09:38 AM
RE: 743.05.23 | All Eyes On You - by Ch'es - 28.May.22, 10:14 AM