World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.11.12 | Hard Truths Will Out
2 PM | J'tir

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Free time.. It seemed like a luxury these days and after the last few months Alicona was determined to enjoy every last ounce of it she managed to find. On this particular day, she had been given a bit of leave from her duties in the new creche and had decided that it was time for some much needed peace and quiet. The old Katila Weyr was a ruin, the move was finished, and the rumors had started. At some point in the helter skelter of moving into the new Weyr, the partially finished letter she had written to J'tir had gone missing. With the grief that had swallowed the residents of Katila, it was easy to chalk it up as lost to the landslide. Alicona couldn't simply be that lucky, it just wasn't fated for her. Someone had found her letter, either by snooping or by chance, and had shared its contents.

The rumors had started shortly thereafter. Did you hear J'tir fathered a whelp on the quiet blonde in the creche? Does he know? Then came the looks, the sidelong glances and hushed conversations when she entered the kitchens or the communal area. The jumpy one. You know, the one that sits alone and doesn't talk to anyone? It hadn't bothered her at first, but she knew what the letter had contained and what had yet to be written within its pages. As if it hadn't been enough that she opted to stay apart from the masses living at Katila, the rumors had distanced her even farther it seemed. Funny, how solitude could be stifling in a place full of people.

Since the weather was beautiful and there were several heated pools a bit farther into the woods, she had informed some of the others of her destination and trekked out into the trees. It wasn't a terribly long walk and a nice breeze whispered over her bare arms and played with the wispy blonde hairs that had come loose from the bun at the nape of her neck. Spring had well and truly sprung on the southern continent, and the leafy canopy above left the path before her dappled with little patches of sunlight. The light, cream colored skirt swished merrily around her ankles and the dirt beneath her bare feet was warm and comforting as she padded to the edge of the steaming pool.

She stripped off her shirt, draping the pale blue garment over a nearby bush. The skirt followed in short order, tossed almost carelessly over the shirt. After a quick glance around the woman shimmied out of her remaining garments, placed them with the rest and sank happily into the pool. This was her favorite spot outside; a small pool just large enough for herself and perhaps another person and far enough from the larger pools that she wouldn't be bothered. Not that people generally followed her out to the hot springs anyway. It was still nice to have some quiet after the noise that accompanied working in the creche, be it wailing babies or the shouting and laughter of older children.

Ona sank deeper into the water, letting the warmth seep into her bones with a content sigh. Birds chirped and sang overhead, and a smile appeared on her lips. Sitting in the water, letting the heat sink into her bones; it felt like all her worries and sadness could just melt away and drift off on the rising steam. The rumors would pass eventually and everything would go back to what it had been before. The blissful monotony of routines. Her head tiled back, resting lightly against the edge of the pool. Ona took in a deep breathe, reveling in the scents of the woods. What a lovely day! She hummed softly to herself, eyelids drifting closed as the humming gave way to singing.

“When I trample on my destiny
I'm cutting out the best in me,
With an unskilled hand and heavy heart
Been beating back what blades won't carve

I'm not wishing to see better days
Just someone to help collect the pain
I was blind but now I surely see
Was deaf, now I began to sing

And I can promise you that
Everything will be all right
Then I will think on all these years
I’ve kept up this fight
Oh I could scream until my lungs turn blue
Try to change these walls protecting you
But the ice, that runs within their veins
Won't they see I've changed
Can they say the same?”

She sang quietly, but there was no doubting she had inherited her father's voice. The words drifted into quieter tones until only her lips moved and no sound left her throat. Her thoughts drifted back to the rumors, pulling a soft sigh from her. She had passed through the eye of the storm and come out unscathed, only time would tell what would happen next.

The song is modified from Shaman's Harvest -Say the Same

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
734.11.12 | Hard Truths Will Out - by Alicona - 11.May.14, 09:59 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 13.May.14, 06:33 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 13.May.14, 11:14 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 13.May.14, 11:48 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 14.May.14, 12:53 AM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 14.May.14, 01:19 AM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 14.May.14, 02:50 AM