World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Bluerider Blues [B'jin]

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Six days.

Six days and seven hours to be precise.

One hundred and fifty-one hours since B’jin made last contact with him, but who was counting?

R’nd shuddered again at the memory of the look B’jin gave him during the firelizard discovery when he came in to rush Amorandii and Larrikith away from the creatures.

And him.

R'nd didn't blame B'jin for that reaction or how he had kept his distance since then. Firelizards had picked up the plague and spread it to the dragons, causing widespread pain and heartache. He knew he had been lucky, so to speak, by having not been at Benden long enough to forge tight friendships nor did he have relatives that were dragonriders. He still felt the loss and remembered it as clearly as the true survivors though. Even as the little blue firelizard ate from his hand that day on the beach and bonded with him, R'nd wasn't sure what to do or feel, convinced the firelizards would be bad news and that they would end a lot of relationships. After B'jin's anger at the eggs being discovered and whispers that they contained firelizards, R'nd was the first to know what that adorable little lizard clinging to him meant.

He was going to lose the man he counted as one of his closest friends and someone he cherished.

Still, it hurt when it happened just as it still hurt six days later.

Perhaps the plague had affected him in some way without him knowing about it, along with the exile. He hated having people hate him or want nothing to do with him. It was likely why he was so friendly to the point of complimenting and flirting with everyone he came across. R'nd liked having friends and everyone happy with him. Any time someone was upset with him without it being mutual -- like with Kerrin and the arguments they often had, or the deep seeded hatred for S'kef -- ate away at the bluerider to the point that he was miserable when alone in his hut, which in itself was ironic given his need for friends stemmed from his fear of being alone. In a way, it was why he never did commitment and loved the gossip saying not to get attached to him. If he ended up attached to someone, they could hurt him more easily if they decided they didn't want him anymore. It also meant if he was with just one person, it might upset another. There was more than enough of him to go around!

Except there hadn't been lately, had there? Somehow, somewhere, his bed wasn't as open to the public as it normally was with less and less being invited over until it was solely B'jin that visited. Well, until I'shan needed comforting and they ended up sleeping together and had a few more times since then. And wasn't that just an entirely new bag of guilt to go through! He'd refocus on that later, if it even mattered anymore with how he didn't even have the greenrider's friendship anymore. For now, R'nd was happy to wallow in the guilt of accidentally Impressing a firelizard he didn't want at the time and was only earlier that day fully starting to warm up to as more than a host hoping to make a guest comfortable.

It was because of the understanding he had over B'jin's reaction and Ayyonth's belief everything would work out as it was meant to that R'nd never once sought out the man. He had never pushed B'jin to share anything about his life when he didn't want to and never made him do anything he didn't want to do. Chasing him down now and begging to keep their friendship wasn't something R'nd could do even though he had wanted to after the first night of sulking and having too many drinks alone. Instead, he tried to come to terms with the firelizard he had named Rell when Amorandii had been bouncing around, excited, and looking for a name. The little blue had been named after a nickname he had given his sister while in shock and barely functional but R'nd felt she'd approve and would even like the little guy and how affectionate he was.

He had also spent some time with a few of his other good friends, something he hadn't entirely negelected over the months but it still felt slightly different. Word had spread within the first day that B'jin hadn't been pleased and rejected R'nd because of a flitter and the bluerider found he received a lot of looks of pity from the ones who knew and those that didn't know made comments about how odd it was to see him without B'jin attached to his side. They hadn't done everything together! Apparently they did enough for it to seem like they had, though.

That evening, he was alone in his hut again with a bottle of wine in one hand and Rell curled up beside him. That was something the miniature blue enjoyed doing, almost too much so. He craved affection -- whether because the reception he received at Impression was a bit chilly or not R'nd couldn't decide -- and liked to stay near R'nd when either of them was sad or it was time to rest. Rell had even taken to stealing a section of his now far too large bed. That was a habit that would have to be broken for when R'nd started to entertain again. He was certain lovers wouldn't want a firelizard walking or sleeping on them. Maybe a little blanket nest on the table beside the bed would keep them both happy.

Idly, R'nd reached over to pet Rell, finding a bit of comfort in the act as he took a swig from the bottle of wine. "I'm sorry I wasn't nicer when we met. I was surprised; shocked, really. I shouldn't have even had a single thought that you were to blame for my new exile." It was a wonder he was still functioning with all of the guilt he was currently living with! "I guess you kind of are... but you weren't there when the plague happened and I still have Ayyonth now. So I guess you aren't to be blamed now either." While it was natural to talk with Ayyonth and know he'd get a reply, when the dragon wasn't in a mood to tease him by ignoring him, it was odd talking to the firelizard despite the way he had perked up and turned to face R'nd as he spoke. The soft chirp he received after all the babbling made the bluerider smile and with another swig, he decided maybe it was better when the blue couldn't speak and argue with him.

"Ayyonth still talks to Larrikith, from across the weyr of course, but that's a good sign. Even if I don't get my friend back, I'm glad our dragons keep in touch. They're rather fond of each other," as Rell tilted his head, as if wondering why R'nd was babbling about dragons and their relationships, R'nd chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry. I'll be quiet now and let you sleep."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by R'nd - 17.Nov.12, 10:21 AM
Re: [+] Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by B'jin - 06.Dec.12, 01:51 PM
Re: [+] Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by R'nd - 07.Dec.12, 04:40 AM
Re: Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by B'jin - 08.Dec.12, 02:15 PM
Re: Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by R'nd - 10.Dec.12, 10:36 AM
Re: Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by B'jin - 12.Dec.12, 01:58 PM
Re: Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by R'nd - 14.Dec.12, 07:37 AM
Re: Bluerider Blues [B'jin] - by B'jin - 20.Dec.12, 01:22 PM