World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Starlight, Starbright [Talian]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Tal felt himself blushing at B'jin's explanation of the stories. The healer had no idea what to make of that. He knew B'jin's kids looked up to him, but Tal wasn't very good big brother material. He barely even knew his sisters back home, in spite of spending so many turns living with them! He didn't dislike B'jin's kids, but he had no idea how to be a big brother, or even if his status as a big brother was real or deserved.  Tal just flushed awkwardly, trying hard not to think about it too much. "I will consider it when she's a little older, I guess. I don't like the idea of teaching here." He didn't need to explain why. "But at least it would be an excuse not to teach any others, and I half expect to be forced into it."

He spoke with total resignation, so overwhelming that he sounded like it was just a fact of life. He was a prisoner, and would be forced to do all sorts of things that he didn't want. That was it. There was no misery in his voice, no annoyance, no indignation...just fact. It was eerily similar to the tone he'd used when speaking of his run-in with Valerian.

It shifted to a more thoughtful tone afterwards. "If anyone deserves it, it's one of your kids. I guess I can make up for not being able to look after the little one with Fiora." Not his little one. The little one. It would never be his.

He shrugged. "Assuming she actually wants to. It's pretty disgusting, being a healer...I've been covered in every awful thing you can imagine," he said, smiling just a little bit. "But if she can handle playing in the mud and skinning her knee, she should be fine." The idea still obviously made Talian uncomfortable, but there was asoftness there, a willingness to bend for someone he cared about. Talian didn't like bending for people, but B'jin was a special case.

The topic of dragons was less well-received. His eyes narrowed at B'jin's words concerning hatchings. It's unjust that you should be forced to stand

"Just me, or anyone?" Talian asked, tone descending into distant iciness. "If it's unjust, why did you search? Knowing that everyone would be forced?"

There was a definite note of accusation there, but it didn't linger for long. Talian wasn't very good at being angry. He'd always opted for sadness instead, and his months of anger had been beaten out of him by J'ver. Talian didn't have it in him to hate, and in spite of all the trouble B'jin had caused him, the man was also the single most positive influence Talian had in his life...now for sure, and perhaps ever. Only Fiora rivaled him, and Talian found these days that he intentionally shut her out of his mind. It was like he'd made a mental attempt to murder her, to banish her from his mind and heart like she'd never existed. It was the only way; otherwise, he'd love her forever.

Tal's eyes bored into B'jin a moment, lids listlessly half-open, like he didn't even have the energy to make a more strenuous accusation. The moment of coldness was over in a flash, but the brief hardness of his features was unmistakable. He exhaled slowly, a transparent effort to calm himself down and shut it away.

"Don't answer," he said softly. "It doesn't actually matter, and I think it better if I don't know," he said. He felt foolish for saying anything. He covered his discomfort with a smile. He could have been dramatic and reminded B'jin of how bad he'd be on any dragon, but he instead chose to interpret the 'blue or bronze' comment as a twisted compliment.

"...Don't worry about that," he said. "If any dragonet comes near me, I will kick it as hard as I can." He crossed his arms stubbornly. He was deadly serious, but the comment also functioned as a morbid joke. A serious frown crossed his face and he nodded, as if confirming his intentions to himself. He liked to think he'd kill the sharding thing if he could, but he doubted he had the guts. It wasn't that he was shy of blood, but he'd come to begrudgingly accept dragons as more than mere animals. Stomping one until it stopped moving hardly seemed acceptable anymore, but he could still determine without an hesitation that actually Impressing one terrified him.

"I don't want to be trapped forever, B'jin," he said slowly, once again using his dead tone. It wasn't much use to fantasize about fending off dragonets when he knew in his heart that when and if the time came, he would just cower. "But that's how it is for me, isn't it? It's never my decision; always someone else's," he muttered, soulless and mathematical. It didn't matter anymore. Stubborn Talian had given up on choosing his own direction in life.

He slowly turned his head towards the greenrider. "...I don't feel any better about it now than I did a turn ago, Dad...and I still think about it," he confessed. He paused for a moment, tryiong to think of how to say the words floating through his mind. "I want you to believe me when I say that in spite of everything, I'm still glad I'm here." He spoke delicately,as if he feared the consequences of speaking his mind on the subject. He let his eyes sink closed and sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just really heavy on my mind tonight. I'm glad you found me, B'jin. I gave up that day, and it was stupid."

He'd still given up, but in a much different way. There was a blend of weakness and strength present in him now. He had given up, and he was bonded to that decision, committed to surviving this entire ordeal at any cost. He was past weeping for himself and trying to pretend like he would ever have any control over his own life. His ambition was dead. His will to live was strong. J'ver hadn't killed him and he hadn't killed himself. Any dragonet that came near him didn't stand a chance. Nothing could kill him now, and in a strange and small way, he was quietly proud of himself. The Talian that cowered from his father and took medicine to dull the pain of his old life could never, ever have survived what the new Talian had endured.

"I remember promising you that I would be all right," Tal mused lightly. He smiled, this time more sincere. "...Did I keep my promise, Dad? In your eyes, I mean."

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 4 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by B'jin - 30.Aug.12, 10:32 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by T'lian - 31.Aug.12, 06:09 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by B'jin - 01.Sep.12, 05:08 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by T'lian - 01.Sep.12, 06:08 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by B'jin - 01.Sep.12, 06:35 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by T'lian - 01.Sep.12, 07:17 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by B'jin - 02.Sep.12, 11:13 AM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by T'lian - 02.Sep.12, 08:12 PM
Re: Starlight, Starbright [Talian] - by B'jin - 03.Sep.12, 07:13 AM