World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Krypth had been very glad for her short memory when Indivara had marched onto the Sands. Especially once she'd advised the girl that Jada wasn't there, and the girl had gone red-faced and angry. Someone was getting in troooouble and Jada probably needed a good talking to in order to keep her mind off of one of the Northerners getting lashed. Silly, silly wherries should know by now not to run away. She'd obligingly told the young girl everything that she knew about her Rider's location, and nudged an egg back into a new position as Indivara stormed away. Briefly she debated warning Jada that a typhoon was coming- and then dismissed the thought lightly.

Jada would learn to manage her time and keep herself on track one way another. This was a lesson best learned before she was Weyrwoman.

"So nice of me to- Indi!" Jada choked, bending at the waist to try and put her hands protectively over her ribs (though far too late to defend from the poke, shards Indi had hard fingers!), and then colored, wincing. "Oops?" her voice was weak, lame, and she looked down into the scarred face with no small amount of apprehension. Everyone present could vouch for the fact Indi could take the goldrider with little to absolutely no personal effort... And Indi was positively hopping.

"What's wrong with what I am wearing?" At this, at last, Jada grew belligerent, staring down at her serviceable and fairly clean clothing. "What else would I wear to see someone get beaten? A gather dress? I have things to do both before and after events like this, and I am hardly going to dress up for this. I brushed all the sand off. And I brushed my hair. I look perfectly serviceable." And Sharding good, actually, thank you. The color was fabulous on her. Kind of. Well, she would pretend it was. Most importantly, it was clothes! "And what are you wearing?" she shot back in a hiss. "Pot, Kettle."

A raised voice dragged her attention away from Indivara though, and Jada tensed as she saw the owner of the voice. Dung Biscuits! Jada swore softly, clenching her fists. The woman was right, in so many ways, but why would the girl have to do it so publicly! She just couldn't keep her mouth shut and bide her time, wait patiently. No, Lymsleia had to make a public spectacle of herself. And she was going to get herself in trouble. She liked the dark-skinned girl a bit; she seemed to know her own mind, but this... Ack!

"You are right, Lymsleia, we all still have wounded hearts. Including the Katilan founders themselves." She heard herself snap back, and moved closer to the dark-skinned woman, lowering her voice. "The decisions that were made in the past were made in order to protect Pern, and to protect the dragons. they fought for turns to keep them safe, and now they need to keep them safe a little longer, until the numbers swell. And they will, and for that they stole us. Uprooted us. And have been as kind as they are able, to protect the most precious resource on Pern. How many have tried to escape that they have shown patience for our 'wounded hearts'? Because they themselves ache for home. But Lymsleia, trying to escape is a death sentence."

A death sentence.

How far South were they now? "Even if the runaways took the water, the lake, the river, hunted their way to the coast, got in a boat loaded with fresh water, do you honestly think they would make it back to the North? As a corpse, maybe! Storms. Waves. Water predators. If they wrecked, or their supplies were knocked overboard? They would starve. Drown. And if they landed on the Northern Coast, where? What if they landed to the South? Where? What beasts would be around to find them when they washed on shore? Weakened, how would the runaway defend themselves? The dragons are what keep us safe here."

She raised her voice, pain wracking every note. "An example was coming, Lym, and you knew it the same as I did, from the moment they started the lashings with one of their own. You cannot expect that any leader would punish their own people for being heartbroken and let us Northerners get away with belligerence and anarchy forever."

"You're not a Northerner!" The scream was from the crowd. "You're one of them now!" The voice was female, angry. And accurate. Was it true? She'd found a home, a purpose for remaining at Katila in her bonding to Krypth. It hurt, but hurt less and less every day... She had friends here. So many of the Northerners had chosen to dwell in their misfortune instead of making a life among the natives.

And it was going to bite the Weyrleaders in the rear. The pot was simmering, and the lid was shaking. This was a shaking, not a stirring, and it was going to make something boil over. Someone was going to get hurt from the waves this whipping produced, and the thought was terrifying.

Moving over to Sanderon, she stood in front of him, and tried to keep her face neutral. Shards, for a Harper she sure was pitiful at trying to hide her feelings. Written across her face was sorrow, pity, and resignation. "I'm sorry." She told him simply.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by Eolira - 16.Aug.12, 12:21 AM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by lymsleia - 16.Aug.12, 08:55 AM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by Jada - 16.Aug.12, 03:08 PM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by Sasha - 16.Aug.12, 10:03 PM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by Eolira - 16.Aug.12, 10:07 PM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by lymsleia - 17.Aug.12, 04:53 PM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by lymsleia - 19.Aug.12, 11:43 AM
Re: You Can't Escape [M, Anyone Welcome!] - by Eolira - 20.Aug.12, 11:00 AM