World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Candidates camping and surprises [Open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin was surprised to hear about the trip and a bit nervous. He didn't really know many of the other candidates except for one.  He wasn't nervous about camping though he was no stranger to going off and camping out away from home. He done so before when on a trip to gather supplies to make new dyes for leathers.

When he heard that riders also might be coming on this trip his mind started to wander a little to the bluerider that he had meet that one day during a meal. He really adored I'shan and hoped that maybe he would be one the riders to come with them. He had to blush as he though about the blue rider so many things ran threw his mind and none of the worth repeating  of course.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Z'ia was a bundling, bouncing, overly excited ball of dark curls and sparkling green eyes. A wicked smile had his lips pulled up at the corner and one hand was making continual sweeps to remove long, bouncing curls from falling into his face. Z'ia wasn't quite sure why he was so excited, but the lake was a fun place to be, the candidates were almost all complaining about it, and he got to play games. What more could a short man want? Another two feet? Aveleth teased, his voice soft and holding a playful quirk. Z'ia laughed. I trip over the two I have enough, thanks, Kiddo. Aveleth trilled with amusement at his human's purposeful misinterpretation.

Z'ia had pitched his claim upon a small section of the shrubby coast above the shoreline, with Aveleth digging out a wallow for himself while Z'ia set up his small tent and kicked his bedding around until it looked like it might be comfortable. He could always change it, and chances were he'd spend most of the night sprawled on Aveleth staring at the sky anyway. Camping was fun, but Z'ia wasn't a huge fan of an empty bed and D'hys had forgone coming along; oh well, his loss.

Hello, Aveleth's whispery voice was barely audible, despite being a mental touch, and Z'ia stopped his bouncing to look around, blinking to see whom it was that his timid young dragon was bespeaking. A moment later, an eyebrow arched slightly and green eyes drifted lazily over the form of the young man. He was attractive, and Z'ia's lips quirked up into a little smile as he brushed his curls back once more. A single hand reached out to rest lightly against Aveleth's cheek as the young blue watched curiously.

"Hey," Z'ia greeted, the other hand lifting in a mild wave as he came to a stop. "Sup?"
Unless stated otherwise, Aveleth never speaks to anyone but Z'ia

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Jazz having heard of a camping trip along the beach, had been all too excited. Admittedly, she had beg the creche workers to take Jazpur for a while, she did need to get to know other people beside i'shan after all! Once Jazpur was being entrained, Jazz slipped away, running down the beach, enjoying the exceptionally rare time she now had to herself.

Spotting a large blue, she faultered mid stride. Ilv? No.. it was the wrong shade of blue, and with a soft chuckle, she approached the two young men.

"Hey there! Need any help?" She piped up, lifting an arm up high and waving so they'd notice her. Hopefully.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Whoosh!

The water darkened as Ilveriath swooped down below, darting past Aveleth and letting out a brief rumble of greeting. Two laughing voices accompanied the blue's sudden arrival, one quite young and the other young at heart. The dragon made a quick trip around the lake, tapering wingtips occasionally grazing the water's surface and long tail following behind, before he returned. The beast settled on the water's edge, paws sinking a few inches into the mud, and crooned a greeting to the crowd.

"Hey guys!" I'shan shouted, vaulting effortlessly from the blue's neck. He spun around and took a step-up on the dragon's leg to help his passenger down. The passenger was not a candidate, at least not yet! He was a little boy, no older than six turns of age, with messy black hair and an impish smirk that too closely resembled I'shan's to be mistaken.

I'shan lifted the child down and placed him on the ground, setting him free to run. The bluerider looked rather proud of himself, though he was sure the child's mother would have hit the roof if she'd known about the flying. I'shan just laughed, happy to have seen the kid enjoy the trip so much, and looked to the others.

"I know you people!" he said with mock-surprise, laughing joyfully afterwards. He was in a ridiculously good mood. After all, for riders like himself, this was largely a goodwill trip. The idea was certainly to get the class closer, but the presence of riders was encouraged to get them in on the fun, too. Hopefully it would show the candidates that they were part of the community, and that was something that I'shan desperately wanted.

I'shan smirked at them. Jazira was a highly familiar face, and while I'shan didn't know Seijin as well, the bluerider certainly remembered. Seijin was just so adorably sweet. That left Z'ia, who I'shan knew in passing as a fellow bluerider, but had never taken the time to get close to. Z'ia was awesome and crazy fun to hang out with, but there were...rumors.

"That," I'shan said to them, pointing to the kid. "Was Ishadhe. His mom let me bring him on the trip." The bluerider was proud; this was the first time he'd taken the boy on anything like this, and in fact it was the first time they'd done anything together was father and son, not 'kid and Mommy's cool friend'. While I'shan was glowing with pride, he was also fidgeting in controllable nervousness.

Kick, I left Ishadhe mostly out of the role play since I would talk to you before including him further. You played him last time, so I basically wondered if you had any preferences on who actually controls him

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled as the dragon said a soft hello. He bowed his head slightly in greeting to the dragon. This was only the third blue that he had heard in his mind. And he had to smile ever since he spoke with I'shan it seemed he was becoming more popular with the blues.  "Hello to you both" he replied back softly. " I don't believe we have meet yet. I am Seijin. Its a pleasure to meet you  both." He spoke to both the dragon and his rider.  His smile was both warm and welcoming as he was meeting a new rider and dragon he knew pretty much nothing really about. 

He heard Jazira walking over to them and heard her greeting as well.  He turned to her and replied back softly.  "Hi" He waved back letting her know he saw her. He looked over at Z'ia to see if he needed help.

He was startled momentarily when a shadow was seen over the lake and he looked up. He recognized Ilveriath and his smile grew. It seemed that I'shan would be coming after all and he was happy that he would get to talk to him again.  "Its nice to see you again I'shan." Seijin said softly. He watched the boy run off  and heard I'shan introduce the child to them. " Looks like he's already having fun. " Seijin had to chuckle softly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
As I'shan approached the group, his foot kicked something, sending it rolling across the sand to bump against Z'ia's boot. A glance down would reveal several more such eggs - for though small, that was undoubtedly what they were. Likely containing tunnelsnakes or similar. I'shan and Seijin would each pick up the only other eggs within the pile - Z'ia having taken the one to bump against his boot - that had not been cracked into and the contents eaten, or prove at a later date to be a dud.

This nest contains 5 whole eggs in total; there is evidence of up to 9.

Hatching Eggs:
Seijin, I'shan, Z'ia

Dud Eggs: - 1 still available
Jazira

[sup]I'll reply with Z'ia in a moment xD *goes to bomb more threads*[/sup]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Z'ia's attention shifted from where he was about to respond to the young man's introduction at the cheerful and feminine tones of the young woman, turning to wave happily to her when she waved at them. He had no idea who she was, but that didn't matter! The girl had a cheerful smile, a few extra pounds that indicated she knew her place and had recently popped out a baby, and was happy to be at the lake side. What more was needed? Her name could prove useful, Aveleth put in, his tone dry but amused. Z'ia snorted, but didn't disagree. "Hello!" He greeted, voice as light and cheerful as his overly bouncy steps.

Hello Ilveriath, Aveleth murmured softly, the swirling of his eyes speeding up slightly in anxiety at the sudden crowd he found himself in the centre of. You aren't the centre, you silly beast! Z'ia teased lightly, reassuring as he brushed his fingertips over Aveleth's face, the young dragon breathing warm air on him.

"No way!" Z'ia responded with wide eyes, gasping mockingly in response to I'shan's own put up surprise at knowing them. He than laughed cheerfully, green eyes bright as he followed I'shan's indication to see the child in question. He laughed again, an eyebrow arching teasingly. "You and R'nd. Bachelors forever. Now you both have mates and brats." Z'ia smirked wickedly, fully delighting in the simple twist of facts. It was a pity R'nd wasn't there to stutter and choke on them; he was far too much fun.

"I am Z'ai, by the way." The short man called attention upon himself, bowing with a mocking flourish to both Seijin and Jazira - before blinking at his toes as an egg rolled over and came to a stop, bumping against him lightly. A comical frown covered the young man's face and he bent down to pick it up. "... Why I'shan! I didn't know you were bringing us dinner!" The bluerider gave the egg a light shake, pulling another comical face as the contents rattled slightly. An eyebrow arched and he gave I'shan a slightly - and completely put on - look of distress. "I don't think it's good any more. Wherry eggs never keep!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Mates and brats?" I'shan repeated, shooting a look at Z'ia and frowning dramatically. "You say that like it makes me boring. I would like to say that it makes me well-rounded, thank you very much," I'shan said a pointed, catty tone. He stared at the other bluerider with an expression of deadly seriousness for a few long moments before he couldn't hold it any more and laughed.

The bluerider's eyes dropped suddenly. "Dinner?" he blurted. He eyes the small eggs with confusion and curiosity, for he'd never seen such a thing before. Tunnel snake eggs looked different, didn't they?

He knelt to pick one of them up. "I've never seen one like this," he said, intrigued, though it was a symptom of his excitable nature. Anything new was likely to get a laugh or two out of him. "I think I'm gonna hang on to it. I wanna see if anyone knows what it is!"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin knelt down by I'shan's feet and peered into the nest as well.  He reached out and took off of the eggs as well and noticed what might be shells of others. " Seems there were more then just these few I wonder if the others hatched or something got to them before you found them." He looked at the egg in his hand and turned it over with his fingers.  "They are really curious though never seen the like. Do you think there a new species that we don't know about yet in this area.  "

He stayed knelt by I'shan's feet  and felt the sand around the nest. " It feels warm here maybe they will need to be somewhere warm to hatch. " He looked up at I'shan " May I keep this one?" He held up the egg he picked up.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan smirked. ''You don't have to ask me, bud. It's just layin' on the ground...to my eyes, it doesn't belong to anyone."

Suddenly this seemed like a game. I'shan inspected the egg again. It looked oddly familiar, like something he'd seen before, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He examined it a little bit before shrugging. "There's gotta be someone around who knows about animals. I bet they can answer for us." But he was curious and wanted to know now!!

"I bet you're right, though. They're in warm sand...I bet they need warmth to hatch."

Across the beach, he heard Ishandhe shout and giggle. The bluerider's eyes shot in that direction, where he was relieved to see the kid romping with someone's dragon.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin turned to see what had Ishandhe so captivated and also watched as he played with a dragon. Seijin knew a bit how the kid must feel. They made your heart soar just by meeting them they seemed quite wondrous to those who didn't have one of their own.

He smiled and placed the egg in his pocket to keep it warm for now till he could find a better spot for it. He figured he'd gather up some the sand and put it into a bowl or pot. He was sure that there was something he could use. He just would have to be real careful till then.  He stood up and headed back to his tent he was sure to have something there.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh yes!" Z'ia replied, as equally and playfully dramatic, "Well rounded indeed!" and he pet his belly dramatically, puffing it out in an attempt to make himself look podgy. His eyebrows wiggled playfully at I'shan and he stuck his tongue out.

The small bluerider watched the other two men gossip about the eggs for a moment before he gave his another curious shake by  his ear, listening to the contents rattle and then frowned at I'shan. "Do you think it's alive?" His question was genuine, and his grimace comical. "Cause it doesn't sound alive." Another light jiggle, the contents rattling and then a sound! Z'ia squeaked in return and juggled the egg as he almost dropped it in shock.

"IT SQUEAKED!" His own voice had gone up several octave as he stared with huge green eyes at the small egg he now held in both hands. "Oh, I am so keeping this!" His gaze darted around, before he tugged the hem of his shirt up and squatted down, filling it with warm top sand, putting the egg in, and topping more warm sand onto it.

"I wonder if I have a cup or something I can put it in? Do you think we should keep them by a fire? What do you have to do to hatch an egg?" Z'ia's eyes were gleefully wide with excitement as he stood up once more, quivering with delight. He didn't know what was in it (and was almost hoping it was a tunnel snake -- it would be hilarious) but it squeaked when he shook it!

Z'ia flashed a wicked grin at I'shan. "Thanks, I'shan!" at least if it was something terrible, he could blame I'shan for it! Z'ia giggled delightedly and literally bounced up the beach toward where he had claimed a tent, calling out mentally to Aveleth as he went, then waving the dragon off when he realised he was playing in the water.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)