World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Bath time for a Blue [FIN]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
This had not been Echlerov's idea, but his dragon had been so enthusiastic about the idea of being able to help out the candidates, he hadn't been able to refuse. Not without Pistoth pouting, and the last thing he wanted was to have his blue pouting at him for the whole time that the candidates were away on this trip.

And it wasn't like it was so bad. Sure, he would be sleeping in a tent, and he was fairly certain that the bugs had decided that he was the perfect thing to eat, but at least it wasn't raining. Not yet anyways.

Do not worry. I will protect you from the rain.

Echlerov grinned. Yeah, sure. Still, it wasn't raining, and he glanced around to see if there was something for him to do, a chore, something to help with, anything to keep him from getting bored.

You could give me a bath?

Why not. He gather up some supplies, and made his way to the lake, where his dragon had already started swimming around. Pistoth wasn't as interested in the water as some dragons were, but he did enjoy being bathed.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#e5eff9;"][color=#849BAF]Pistoth[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Seijin noticed Echlerov and had to smile softly to himself. Finally someone he did know He remembered meeting him with Jisralna. If he remembered correctly  Echlerov was a rider of a blue. His eyes scanned around  the area and came to rest upon the water yes there he was Pistoth Echlerov's blue.

He shouted softly " Hey Echlerov I didn't know you were coming? How are you doing? Have you come to see Jisralna? " He asked softly. He wasn't sure about where the two of them were or if they were going to have any relationship. He didn't wanna interfer if Jisralna liked the rider.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh, hey Seijin!" He should have expected to see the candidate at this, and he waved at him happily. Maybe he could convince him to help out, or at least to keep him company while he gave his spoiled blue a bath.

I am not spoiled, but I would like it if he joined us. He will be a rider and it would be good to get to know him before there is a dragon for him.

Confident, much?

Always!

"You'll have to blame Pistoth for me being out here," Echlerov joked. "If I hadn't have volunteered, I would have had a very pouty blue dragon for the whole time you lot were gone." Sometimes Pistoth could be incredibly silly. "I'm doing pretty good, though I could do without the bugs. How about you?" As for the question about Jisralna? He wasn't sure. He hadn't come out here with the intention of seeing her, though he wouldn't object. "I'm certainly not going to object if I run into her," he responded at last. He was still working out things himself, and wasn't exactly what his feelings were. "Glad I ran into you though." He smiled. "I believe I owe you a chance to meet Pistoth. Want to keeping me company while I give him a bath?"
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"well thank you  Pistoth for bringing him out here so that I have another friendly face to see. "  He winked at the blue.  " Its not all that bad but then I am somewhat used to camping when i went on trips to search for plants and berries for dyes. So I don't mind the creepy crawlies much. Long as there isn't anything dangerous in the area. "

He smiled softly " I get to meet Pistoth and watch you give him a bath  well this sounds like a good deal to me. That is as long as Pistoth don't mind me being around. " He replied softly to Echlerov. He was glad that he was asked and though it would be fun to hang out with them.  " Would you like me to help or would Pistoth be against that? " He asked quietly.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

You're welcome! The blue responded back, his voice chiming cheerfully. Mine would have been more disappointed than me, I think.

"I don't think they would have brought you guys out here if there was anything dangerous," he commented. He was fairly certain about that. There weren't enough candidates to waste some on a potentially dangerous situation. "And I would love the help." He grinned. "I just wasn't going to ask. And Pistoth won't mind at all. If you don't believe me, you can always ask him."

His blue was always willing to chat.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled as he listened to Pistoth comment.He grins when Echlerov said he could ask Pistoth.  " So Pistoth would you allow me to help bath you?" He asked softly.

He rolled up his sleeves so he could help. " How often do you bath and oil Pistoth, now?" He asked softly. "I've heard that some greens have been know to really like the water and swim often. But I do not know if it is also true of blues. " He looked over at  Echlerov as he headed toward the water. He wondered how wet he'd be getting having never given a dragon a bath before. " Do you oil them right after a bath or should you wait a little for them to dry?"  Seijin hoped he wasn't boring Echlerov with all his questions but he was very curious about thing that he hadn't really learned much about yet.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I would like that very much, Pistoth remarked back. It will be good practice for you when your hatchling finds you.

How often? Hmm. Echlerov had to think on that for a moment, counting idly on his fingers. "Not as much as when he first hatched," he said jokingly. "but I still try to bath and oil him about every third day or so. He might not need it, but it's a good sort of bonding, and it's better to be safe than sorry."

Pausing before the water, he took off his shirt, and his pants, leaving him clad in a pair of dark green shorts. He had come prepared for swimming, as he knew that it would have happened eventually. "I find it best to wait until they've dried off a bit, personally." He didn't mind Seijin's questions at all, having been where he was not so long ago, and would continue to answer them happily as much as he could. He left his clothing on the sand, and waded into the water towards his blue. "It really depends on the dragon more than the color, I'd think. Being interested in the water isn't limited to the lower colors, though it's probably easier to notice, what with there being more of them. Pistoth isn't into swimming as much as some, but he does enjoy it."
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By:
I just realised this thread occurs after the other thread I bombed; Seijin is in possession of one egg at the time; you might want to incorporate that.

----

When the boys finish bathing the dragon, and wait for Pistoth to dry before oiling him, they will discover a nest of 5 eggs, and 3 broken shells, the contents long gone. They can do with the discovery as they wish, but only  their two eggs will Hatch -- the others are duds.

Hatching Eggs:
Echlerov, Seijin

Dud Eggs:
Echlerov x2
Seijin x1

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It had taken less time than it usually did with Seijin helping out, and when he returned to the beach, flopping down onto the ground his arms flailing to either side, one of his hands brushed against something sharp.

"What the?" He sat back up, examining his hand. It was bleeding, slightly, not enough to be concerned, and he looked over towards where his hand had landed. There were egg shards laying on the ground, and as he looked over them, he noticed that there seemed to be unbroken ones half hidden in the dirt. "Hey, Seijin! Look at this. Some stupid bird has clutched here on the beach. Think we should take them back to the tents?"
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled as they finished washing Pistoth. He had a good time doing so  and they even had some fun in the water as well a few bouts of splashing and some teasing but they did the job quickly and efficiently and now they went to the beach to dry off.

He smiled as Echelerov laid back and  seijin laid next to him but jumped up when he heard Echelerov exclaim in surprise.  He asked  Echelerov if he was alright noticing the blood from where he touched the broken shell.  "I know" He said softly " we found some earlier as well. seems something likes to lay their eggs by the water I have one egg already back at camp.  I wonder if they are the same animal. " He peered at the eggs and reached down and picked one up.  " They look to be the same size and shape as the eggs that we found earlier. " He informed Echelerov.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Oh?" He hadn't realized that there had been eggs found earlier. "Any idea what they might be?"

He picked up an egg as well, examining it closely. They were certainly unusual, not like any of the eggs he had ever seen before, which was annoying. They couldn't risk eating an unfamiliar thing, even if eggs tended to be perfectly safe. Just in case.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin shook his head. No one really decided what had laid the eggs but there were many speculations as to what had but nothing really official. "No one really knows. But many hazarded a guess as to what did. I guess the only way to really know for sure is to watch them and wait and see if anything hatches from them. "

Seijin looked over at  Pistoth " Pistoth do you have a guess to what you think they might be.  " Seijin asked politely he figured maybe Pistoth would like to join in.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Pistoth moved closer, sniffing at the eggs. They did not look like much, but it seemed that his and the other boy were rather intrigued by them. He knew that dragons hatched from eggs, but these seemed awful small. Maybe they will be very small dragons. he commented, broadcasting to both boys.

Echlerov chucked. "I doubt that. They're probably just avians, or maybe tunnelsnakes." Wouldn't that be amusing if they came back to the weyr with a whole bunch of baby tunnelsnakes. Talk about chaos.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin smiled and nodded "It probably would be funny but I think we would get killed by B'jin if we so much as cracked a smile about it.  Though these eggs do not look like any i've seen before not that I do much egg gathering."

He smiled at Pistoth "It is a good guess though. We will just have to see what they are when they hatch. If they hatch. There were a lot of shells so  maybe something attacked the nests or something to break some of the eggs so we won't know if any of these are damaged. there are only five in this nest.  "

'Lets take them back to our tents and  then we can oil Pistoth cause he should be dry enough, right."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Echlerov nodded. "Isn't that the truth." They could ponder what was in the strange eggs all they wanted, but until they either found ones that were hatching, or caught found a mother with a nest, there was no way to know. Should be interesting.

"Sounds like a plan. Since you've already got one, how about you take two, and I'll take 3? That'll give us each three." He thought for a moment. "Pistoth should be dry by then, so that'll work out nicely."
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Seijin nodded it made sense since he had on from previously he picked another one up to go with the first one he picked up earlier and put both of them into a warm pocket till he got to his tent and could put them with the other one he already had found.  " I can't wait to see what they are I wonder how long till they hatch and how would we know. someone back at camp must have some idea about eggs. "  He waited till Echlerov  picked up the rest of the eggs and headed back to camp.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

He wasn't sure about that, but maybe there was somebody knowledgeable about eggs. You never knew, especially with the wide variety of candidates there were.

He nestled the eggs carefully in his shirt, and once Seijin had started back, followed him. This had been fairly interesting, and he had to wonder just what other surprises this trip was going to end up having.
Code:

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)