World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun [open]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Dropping her daughter off at the Creche every morning was not her favorite part of her day. Aravis cried for the first few minutes but the Creche workers consoled her with the promise that the child stopped crying and began to play after a few minutes. Oruth was not fond of leaving the child to be cared for by other people. She wanted the baby to come to lessons with them. Visltine was as usual the voice of reason. Weyrling lessons would be boring for her. They are boring for me. Can I skip them too?!

Visltine shook her head, laughing. No. We need to learn so we can Graduate. Besides there are all those handsome males to flirt with darling. It is still boooring. The dragon whined. She wanted to have fun all day today. If they were going to the lake couldn't they just stay there? It wasn't like they were good during lessons. Everyone saw that they didn't catch on to what the Weyrling Master wanted right away.

Oruth... The woman's sweet voice called to the dragon. We have to go to lessons otherwise we'll be Weyrlings forever. The green was more upset about the idea that they might not do as well as their other classmates than the fact that the lessons were so boring. Despite her rider's insistance she couldn't think of any good reason why they should have to.  She still wanted to skip lessons. Boring lessons! First, its time for you to have a bath and oiling then we must go to lessons. Oruth would have rolled her eyes if she could. Visltine was not exactly sure what had gotten into Oruth today. She was being slightly ornery but she supposed the green was going to be that way from time to time now that she was maturing and the competition between herself and the other female dragons was brought more to the forefront of her mind.

After placing the riding straps on the dragon, she mounted and had the green head for the lake. The sun was still rising above the trees which made their flight much more enjoyable. The scenery was always worth a trip to the lake. Besides Oruth had not had a good bath in a few days. The green always felt better after one. She loved to be pampered and her rider enjoyed the water just as much as she did. The green landed near the edge of the lake, her wings outstretched to glide. The landing was soft which Visltine was thankful for. Oruth was still having some landing...issues. She tended to plop onto the ground with some force rather than glide into it. The practice must be paying off!

Amazing landing sweetie! I know, right?! I'm so wonderful. Visltine smiled, dismounting fluidly. So much practice! The green Weyrling grabbed the needed materials out of her pack. "Here we go, some sand scrub and oil." The water isn't too cold... A lie! The water was always cooler than the air it seemed to her.  You don't fool me. She removed her riding leathers, underneath which she had a tight fitting shirt and some boxer like shorts. "Duck your head under! I'll start there."  Oruth did as commanded, sort of. She filled her mouth with water and sprayed her rider as soon as she head came up. Visltine screamed from the cold. "That's fucking freezing you liar!" She was smiling, despite shivering now. She'd be better off getting in the water with the green.
Code:
[[span style="background-color:#1CA54F"][color=#083B1B]Green Oruth[/color][/span]

"Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

While the autumn weather remained pleasantly permissable, T'shiro surprised Crucluith with a request to fly out to the lake for a swim. There were some sizable ledges along the shoreline that T'shiro had not had the opportunity to climb and dive from for some time, so perhaps he could put that on his list of to-do this afternoon as well.

Spiraling over the area lazily, the great bronze's eyes could see clearly, far below them.
There are others already here. Should we join them?

Who is it? go ahead.

I think it's a weyrling pair.

Moments later, crucluith backwinged to land several meters away from the Green and her rider, turning his head a bit disdainfully from them as T'shiro dismounted onto the shoals.

Did u have to land so far away? I think that's a bit rude, big guy. Now were too far away to say hello without me having to yell. I guess ill have to go over there real quick.

Crucluith just grumbled.

T'shiro glanced across the distance between himself and Visltine briefly before taking his pack from over his shoulder to set it on the ground near Cru.  Shrugging off the outer layer of his riding leathers so that they could remain dry and then removing his shirt, the Bronzerider stripped down to a pair of swim trunks.

Alright you bronzely beast. Let's go say hi. T'shiro thought to wade into the water as he approached the Greenrider so that he could test the temperature, Crucluith following after him.
But the Bronzerider never go close enough to greet Visltine properly; as soon as the water was over his knees, Crucluith gave his back a firm nudge with the end of his big nose and then, while his rider was thrown off balance, a massive paw came up to assist in faceplanting T'shiro into the water.

"Oof!"  An ineffective flailing of limbs and a tremendous splash ensued.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#330000;"][color=#663333]Cruclith Speech[/color][/span]

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

It gets warmer if you swim around. Let’s play before we do bath time! The green said enthusiastically to her amused but not persuaded rider. If you think by playing we are going to miss lessons, you have another thing coming Oruth. What other thing?The green did not ask out of curiosity but rather out of a need to have her way. If this was like raising a teenager, she really would rather skip that part of her daughter’s upbringing. Oruth ducked her head under the water, fully submerging herself in the water.

If we have some fun now, it will be easier to listen to lessons. She would have something to think about other than whatever the Weyrlingmaster was saying. She had to have everything repeated to her as it was. Nothing seemed to help her other than Visltine’s constant vigilance on making sure they actually studied what was said and done in lessons. No one worked harder to be average than her rider.

Before Vistline could answer, Oruth saw the Bronze and his rider heading their direction. Incoming. The green spoke as a way of warning her rider there were other people headed their way. Hmmm? Vistline asked looking  to see if it was one of the other Weyrlings. She should know almost everyone that was a rider by now. Shouldn’t she? Then why was she having trouble…

T’shiro, Bronze Crucluith.
She  smiled, of course it would have to be someone she knew absolutely nothing about. They will like us. Everyone loves you Oruth. I don’t know about Bronzeriders and me though. Aren’t they usually really smart? I fail to see how this is a problem… The green was determined to befriend as many of the other dragons at the Weyr as she could. As Visltine began to think of an amazing comeback, the Bronze knocked his rider face first into the water.

Don’t laugh, don’t laugh, don’t laugh.. She told herself however just as she thought it she covered her mouth, laughter coming unbidden to her mouth. She couldn’t really help it but she found herself growing nervous about her reaction. What if he was angry? She could not keep thinking about repercussions of not pleasing other people. Well?? Well what?Are you going to let him lay there in the water like that, laughing at him? Although the idea had some merit, she really had no mean bone in her body. Having waded in to about her waist she made her way closer to the shore where it would be easier to approach the now wet Bronzerider. Walking towards the man, she held out her small hand. “Need a hand?” She asked, laughter lingering in her doe-brown eyes.
Code:
[[span style="background-color:#1CA54F"][color=#083B1B]Green Oruth[/color][/span]

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Crucluith sat back on his haunches, looking down at his rider with amusement briefly becoming a whirl of colour through his eyes. Distracted by Oruth's approach however, the Bronze gave a huff of air through his nose, in a somewhat irritated manner and then started to grumble in mild complaint.

T'shiro pressed off the bottom of the lake from the relatively shallow depth they were at, resurfacing his head so that he could breathe -and yell at Crucluith. "Cru! What was that for?!"
There was just no recovering his dignity after faceplanting the lake like that, so the Bronzerider assumed he'd better just roll with it. At least Crucluith was in a good mood. That made T'shiro smile a lopsided grin that situated itself wryly upon his features until Visltine came to him.

Still sitting in the water, T'shiro turned his gaze up to the Greenrider, becoming a bit flustered when she offered assistance. A hand came up, fingers disappearing behind his head where they raked through his wet hair in nervous habit.  "Ooh. Heh. Thanks, um... "
Only just then had the man met her gaze, and the gentle expression held within those brown eyes brought him pause. Well, it would be awkward sitting there for too long doing nothing, so after a moment, T'shiro stood quickly on his own, hands both returning to his sides. "I'm alright. Thanks."

Pausing for just a moment again, he remembered to be polite at least, even if he no longer seemed like the completely respectable Bronzrider he should be. "Sorry about that. Cru's just a big hatchling at heart."

Mentally, the Bronzerider winced, half expecting to get tossed into the water again after the jab at Cru. And when no retort came right away, his grin broadened.

Crucluith put a stop to that however. The Bronze grumbled again, sending little ripples into the water,  Don't pretend like you're any different, even though you didn't come out of an egg.

Gradually, the expression melted from T'shiro's face as if his great secret had been uncovered... until he couldn't help but laugh at the truth behind the Bronze's words. 

"I'm sorry. I'm T'shiro.  The bulk of Bronze is Crucluith."
Code:
[span style="background-color:#330000;"][color=#663333]Cruclith Speech[/color][/span]

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

At the very least she was not the only one who had a dragon with a mind of their own. Visltine never had any real trouble controlling the dragon when it was important she do so. Giving the green a bath would happen and Visltine would be the judge of how long they could or could not wait to get the green started. Although this new distraction would work out in the green’s favor at least for a few minutes. Visltine stepped back as the man rejected her offer of help.

Typical, she thought watching the man trying to regain what was left of his dignity as if she cared about such things. There were better things to worry about than one’s pride. Oruth swam closer to her bonded, watching the Bronze and his antics she thought maybe she would be able to get her rider to participate in play time. Hello Crucluith! She said happily. Are trying to get your rider to play too? The cheery green was happy to have draconic company, even if the Bronze seemed a tad bit grumpy.

While her dragon pestered the Bronze, Visltine listened to the man’s thank you. “You’re welcome.” She watched the man curiously. He was so much more concerned with how the situation appeared than she would have expected. She was only a Weyrling after all and a Stolen at that. She decided quickly the situation was more amusing because he cared what she thought about the situation.

The greenrider laughed again. “Oruth is no different; she wants to put off her bath in favor of swimming.” She was a comfortable distance from the other rider, her legs still in the water to just past her knees. His laughter caught her off guard but then she assumed his dragon had said something he thought amusing. The greenrider shook her head as a way of adjusting her curled brown hair.

“It is a pleasure to formally meet you, Bronzerider T’shiro and your Crucluith. I am Visltine, Weyrling rider of green Oruth.” The greenrider looked up at the much taller man. How was she going to give Oruth a bath now, without being rude? She couldn’t just walk off and Oruth was so happy to have another dragon around, who was not a Weyrling. Adult dragons were so much more fun. Grith and Larrikith certainly knew how to have some fun. She’d much rather be like them than be smarter than everyone else at the Weyr. Really, all she wanted was to have some fun before being forced to attend lessons. 
Code:

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

There is no need for me to try. My rider came here to play. The response to Oruth came in a brusk manner, giving her no more heed than necessary. It would seem that all playfulness had been strictly reserved for T'shiro.

Smug was his expression when Visltine went on about Oruth wanting to use bath time to play.  "I see." Going on to introduce herself however, T'shiro seemed to become more uncomfortable the more politely Visltine addressed him. He supposed it was only proper, yet the Bronzerider brought his arms up to fold over his chest, angling himself away from her so that his eyes could set their gaze across the expanse of water. The man's brow furrowed as he spoke.
"Are you always so formal? You don't have to be, y'know."

In a sidelong glance, dual orbs of walnut hue peered back at her. "At least ...not with me. Just...don't go assuming other riders don't expect it."

Having turned his eyes upon Oruth next, a sly glint returned to them. When he addressed the Greenrider next, it was rather conspiratorially, "By the way...if Oruth makes bath time too difficult for you, I could always arrange for Cru to hold her down in the water. Tag teaming her might be the easiest way to go."

The big Bronze's head swung back in the direction of his rider, giving a grumble of what must have been true draconic incredulity.

T'shiro was quick to deflect responsibility in an attempt to coerce the Bronze into more friendly interaction with the Green. Don't give me that look. Blame Oruth if she doesn't cooperate. In the mean time, you should find a way to make bath time more fun so that you don't have to wrestle her into the water later.

Code:

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Oruth made a remark to her rider, He is so serious and I don’t think he likes me much. Her mind voice quivered. The green’s feeling that other dragons and people should love her often made her seem a bit overly emotional. The green was going to have to toughen up a little bit if she wanted to make it here at the Weyr. Well the green was now determined to have the Bronze be friends with her and she would do just about anything to make that happen. Even if it meant playing games with her rider in order to get the Bronze to play with her. Vistline was easily persuaded to swim as the young woman had found a love for it since coming to the South. Her swimming had improved greatly all thanks to the father of her child who happened to be a Sea-Crafter.

She was taken back a little by him telling her not to be formal. The Weyrling rider was taught that formalities were important. Visltine did not have any wish to insult anyone. She looked down at the water, unsure of how to go about the situation after all he was a Bronzerider and she was just a weyrling. “Better to be safe than sorry in situations like this. I didn’t know you and I had no way of knowing how you would react if I was informal. ” She said, “However, I’m not fond of being overly formal.” In fact she saw little point in it but it was what was right. “From now on I’ll remember to be less formal with you.” Her brown eyes were not fearful but there was a twinge of doubt behind them.

She smiled, “Thank you but Oruth’s not usually difficult the problem is she does not want to go to lessons today.” And who could blame her? Even Visltine who tried so hard to read into every little thing the Weyrlingmaster said because she had to in order to do well, was bored some of the time. “If you want to help though….” Before she knew it the green sprayed a mouthful of water at the Bronze dragon and dove down into the water. She was going to get some play time in, even if everyone else was a bore!

Did you just do that? Really?
He was being a complete snob. Time for him to loosen up! Oruth said merrily as she swam back towards where she and Vistline had entered. She was not nearly as fast in the water as she was ni the air but she still knew how to maneuver her body to get the most out of it.

Visltine was in shock for a good moment, waiting to see the aftermath of her green’s impetuous behavior. She was going to be in so much trouble and it was not going to be with her rider. 
Code:

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

T'shiro started to laugh at Oruth's antics even though inwardly he braced for the Bronze's response.  Indeed, the whirling eyes of irritation that greeted them seemed rather unforgiving -but T'shiro knew better than to believe that.

This is all your fault. There's no need for me to play along with her silly games. We should go back to playing by ourselves. It's better just the two of us.

Giving a little roll of his eyes, T'shiro understood his dragon's sentiment and empathized; but not every day could be spent alone filling the role of Bronze Bachelor. When he responded to the Bronze's cynicism, it was aloud for Visltine's benefit. "Why is this my fault all of a sudden? This is between you and Oruth. You two work it out. I don't want any part of this dragon fight. Oruth's bigger than me. I know who'll win."

Still grinning adorably, the Bronzerider shot a wink at Visltine and then went back to watching after Crucluith as the Bronze started to walk out of the water, the tip of his tail twitching irritably.
"Oi! Come back here. We still have plans to go cliff diving."

T'shiro turned his head to regard the Greenrider fully. "Visltine, how is your swimming? Have you ever been diving from the ledges?" He motioned to the cliff face that overlooked the lake a short distance away.
"There are some low-rising ledges that we can jump from if you don't like being up too high without Oruth under you. Crucluith always swims around at the bottom waiting for me though. Oruth could do the same. Aannnd, after we've had some fun, I'll come back to help you give Oruth a nice scrub. We'll get her washed twice as fast, before you both have to be at lessons."

He seemed rather hopeful that Visltine was at least adventurous enough to try diving one time.
Code:

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

What a baby! Even mini-Vizzy wasn’t nearly as annoying. Crucluith wouldn’t know how to have fun if there was a how-to guide on having fun. While she was sure there wasn’t one, at least she knew how to have fun without any prodding from anyone. Oruth grumbled to herself as she continued to swim alone. She would splash the Bronze again but he was obviously not as fond of playing in the water as she was. At least the human was entertaining! Visltine wouldn’t be able to resist his offer either, the green just knew it, so she swam around merrily knowing she would get to have fun for a while longer before the scrubbing started. Laughing she listened to his explanation to his dragon. It was true, Oruth would much rather the other dragon said something to her one way or the other. The green was coming the conclusion that greens were the ones who knew the most about having a good time.

Oruth was not as obstinate as the Bronze dragon was obviously being. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the hut. The man was very amiable, more than once finding herself to be smiling like a silly girl. She forgot how charming riders could be, when they wanted to be. As he winked to her, Visltine caught herself blushing. The Weyrling was not used to much male attention since her daughter was born and then she had Impressed Oruth which pretty much made her off-limits till the dragon matured mentally. And now, she had no time for men so this chance meeting was actually kind of nice. 

Visltine’s eyes shone with her good nature, “I’ve become a strong swimmer since being at Katila. I never really thought about diving off the cliffs.” She shrugged, looking up at the cliffs.

T’shiro can help bathe me. I would like that. Oruth reassured her rider. Vizzy needed no reassuring she knew the rider would never do something too dangerous. There were too few dragons left to risk them. “Let’s do it. I’m not afraid of heights on or off dragon.”  There were plenty of other things to be afraid of though!

Oruth trilled in delight. It’ll be fun to see… maybe we can try together sometime? If it is deep enough you can certainly dive in. Visltine agreed with the dragon. There was no reason Oruth should have to always be a spectator. Although this being Visltine’s first time, she wanted to gage the depth and see whether it was a good idea for Oruth or not. The green trusted her judgment because Visltine did not keep the dragon from doing fun things so long as they were not going to harm her. Moving closer to shore, she asked, “Which one should we attempt first?”  Oruth was already wading out of the water to carry her rider to one of these awesome ledges. 
Code:

PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Finding Visltine's laughter a bit infectious T'shiro couldn't help but continue grinning; though he did have to consciously peel his eyes away from her, pinning his attention back on Crucluith when she blushed so bashfully. How cute! It was difficult not to want to stare.
Well, he had to admit, Visltine was certainly prettier than a lot of other women in Katila, and similarly as she, it'd been a long while since he'd really had the opportunity to enjoy the company of a female outside of work. When Visltine was agreeable to the idea of cliff diving, he couldn't have been more glad.

Meeting her gaze again, the Bronzerider nodded, obviously pleased. "Then what are we waiting for?" T'shiro motioned her to follow, leaving the water so that they could walk along the shoreline until they reached the point where a slow rising slope turned into a much more prominent hillside that gave way to the cliff face.  There were 'paths'  which were nondescript and, at points, overgrown by foliage leading up to the ledges overlooking the lake that they could jump from; for starters, T'shiro led them up the hill to the shortest one -even being the shortest, it was still a fair height.

Hey Cru. Can you take Oruth with you and check the water for anything that might be a danger where we're jumping?

The Bronze's neck snaked around to regard Oruth as he swam in the direction of the cliffs. Oruth? We'll swim to where they're jumping and make sure the area is clear. He assumed there would be none, since there were no such protrusions the previous time they'd come here.

Crucluith seemed a little more pleased at the moment, though he still only spoke to Oruth as circumstance demanded it of him. Slithering under the surface of the water at the base of the hilly formation, the dragon's tail flicked upwards out of the water before disappearing with the rest of him. From what he could tell, his assertion had been correct. They should be able to dive safely as long as no one slipped and fell. Cru's head resurfaced, allowing his eyes to barely peer above the gentle ripples of the water. Looks safe from here.

Glancing back periodically to make sure Visltine was doing alright, they'd just about reached the point from which they could jump by the time Crucluith's affirmation became a reassurance in his rider's mind.  The Bronzerider smiled back at the Greenrider when they got there. "This is it. Would you like to go first?"

Code:

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)