World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 744.03.25 | The Mermaid
Early Afternoon | R'dal

Date of Birth
01.01.726 - 18 Turns Old,
Height
5' 10"
Eyes
Jade Green
Build
Thin, Willowy
Hair
Wheat Blonde, Long and Flowing

Threads

Written By: Ghast
Valtala caught R’dal’s little pout when he mentioned that his father did not like dragonriders. It was the truth, however, since his father, Lorian, did not trust the dragonriders one little bit, not since the incidents with the stolen Candidates. No, Lorian tolerated dragonriders because he had to, but he never had anything good to say about them.

None of his father’s opinions had much sway with the Journeyman, however. The boy and his father never saw eye to eye on anything, and this would be no different.

The blonde squealed in delight when R’dal agreed with him on leaving a note. He’d expected some resistance to his plan, but the other was open to it, after all. Valtala clapped his hands giddily as R’dal continued speaking to him about the plan, pausing when the bluerider brought up packing.

"Well, maybe you should do the packing and writing. My appearance in the Hall might draw attention, even if Edath stayed here to wait for us. You don't need to pack too much; just clothes and anything important to you. Everything else will be provided for you."

“Hmmmm…!” thought the seacrafter as he nodded to R’dal. “I have a lot of clothes. And jewellery. And toiletries. I will undoubtedly have to leave some of it behind.”

Valtala turned to Edath consideringly, looking the dragon up and down. His fingers twirled some hair in a loop as the Journeyman wondered exactly how much the dragon would be able to carry. He didn’t want to overload the blue.

“I’m sure I could pack enough to have at least a trunkful of valuables. Would a trunk be too much for you, Edath?” Inquired the blonde. “Regardless, I’ll try my best to pack light.”

The thought of going between had likewise, never occurred to Valtala before, because he had never thought he would ride a dragon before today. He was nervous and excited as he considered R’dal’s words to him. Maybe it was a little like being at the bottom of the ocean? Of course, Valtala had never been that deep, but he was aware of the parts of the sea that never saw any light. He imagined it would be cold down there, just like it was between.

“Will it be like swimming in the dark?” He asked, curiously. “I hope I’ll like it,” he breathed, turning from from the dragon and his rider and moving to the footpath up to the Hall. “I suppose we’ll find out.” He smiled.

And with that, he left R’dal on the beach, tracing back the familiar steps up to his room. Luckily, he didn’t see anyone on the way. If he could get out of here without being detected, well, Valtala was sure that it would be best.

Going through his clothes would be easy enough. The blonde pulled a trunk out from underneath his bed, unlocked it, and set it open on top of his blankets, next to the hand mirror he had left behind this morning. He immediately turned to his closet, and started to pull out his ‘nice’ clothing. The stuff that he didn’t wear to work. The soft and more feminine apparel. Blouses and embroidered shirts. He chose only his favourite outfits, since he didn’t have enough room for them all.

Next, came his jewellery. This was harder for him, since he didn’t want to leave any piece behind. In the end, he had to put a few shirts away to make room for all the pearls and precious stones, the chains and rings. He also packed his brushes and perfumes, and the little hand mirror.

“Am I forgetting anything?” The blonde thought to himself, pausing when he remembered that he would have to leave a note. Oh, yes. That. A grin spread across the Journeyman’s face as he left his room in search of quill and paper. He found some in his father’s study, where the man kept his ledgers and correspondences with other Halls. Valtala thought he would make it brief:

‘Dear Father,

I have been Searched by a very handsome dragonrider, and I am leaving my life here behind. Instead of sailing with you in the morrow, I will be far, far away, somewhere where I can be myself without having to hide. Give Astoria my love.’

He had wanted to write something funny, but he couldn’t think of anything that wasn’t too crude for a goodbye letter, so he left it be. He left the letter on his father’s desk, then he returned to his room, put on a fur lined jacket, and began to carry his trunk out to the beach. It would be supper soon, so if he wanted to get out of here without being noticed, he’d have to go now.

This knowledge made him move hastily back down to the beach, half dragging and half carrying the trunk behind himself. He was out of breath by the time he reached R’dal and Edath, again.

“Here it is! The best of my wardrobe!” Valtala giddily exclaimed as he set down the trunk upon the sand. It was heavy, and the blonde once again looked to Edath with concern. “Is it too much?”

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by Valtala - 25.Mar.23, 06:01 AM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by R'dal - 25.Mar.23, 05:31 PM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by Valtala - 25.Mar.23, 10:03 PM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by R'dal - 26.Mar.23, 02:46 AM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by Valtala - 26.Mar.23, 09:53 PM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by R'dal - 30.Mar.23, 02:30 AM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by Valtala - 31.Mar.23, 04:42 AM
RE: 744.03.25 | The Mermaid - by R'dal - 01.Apr.23, 07:36 PM