World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.07.10 | Proud Papa
10:30am | Casa

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Are you ready yet? The bronze huffed slightly in annoyance as S'far took his time getting his straps secured. "Almost, you don't have to be so antsy. The eggs aren't going anywhere." Urudith huffed again, waiting until he knew his rider was secure before launching himself off his ledge and blinking between to appear in the warm skies over Ista Weyr.

With a roar to announce his arrival he wheeled about to drop his rider off just outside of the Sands before flying off to go fetch a meal for Thallyath. Do you want me to wait for you to make your grand entrance or shall I just head in on my own? Go ahead, I won't be long. S'far nodded and strolled in, stopping to see if Casa was even there. He spotted her and gave a wave, moving into the stands as he made his way around to get closer. He wanted to make sure he gave the brooding gold as much room as possible unless explicitly told otherwise.

By the time he'd slowly made his way close enough to lean over the little half wall for a chat, Urudith had reappeared. The bronze stuck his head in cautiously, a freshly killed herd beast in his jaws. Thallyath? I brought you a meal. How are you doing? S'far couldn't help but smile in amusement at his old man. "So, Urudith is excited about the eggs. He wanted to come see them and offer his congratulations in person. How have you been? I know it's been a while since the incident. Hopefully no lingering effects." He himself still had the occasional tremor and headache since he'd eaten that damn muffin, but they'd been growing a bit more infrequent with time. Or at least he hoped so.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
“S’far, darling! How good to see you,” Casa smirked wickedly as the bronzerider came in. She hadn’t seen nearly enough of him since his bronze had won Thallyath’s flight, but she did remember how absolutely delightful he was to tease, and for all his discomfort, he was an excellent lay. Very vanilla, compared to a lot of her partners, but no less enjoyable in his own right. She moved to greet him, leaning in to kiss him before he could escape, laughing as she broke the kiss and stepped back, letting him have a little personal space.

“Thallyath is very happy with their brood, I’m sure she’ll be delighted to show Urudith what he helped produce.” She paused, and sighed softly at the bringing up of the recent events. “I’m doing fine,” she said; she had had limited lasting effects, thankfully, though she’d heard not as many had been so lucky. Her quick response and the assorted drugs she kept on hand had been helpful, though she hadn’t been questioned too much thankfully. Azrin hadn’t been seen in a while – she’d advised he keep his distance, what with all the murders and mayhem happening across the Weyrs, less he be caught in the crossfire – but he’d been able to advise further treatments for the poisons and other useful herbs to keep on hand should another attempt be made.

Thank you, Urudith, Thallyath said genuinely as the bigger dragon appeared in the entrance way, and she moved to meet him, gingerly stealing the herdbeast and then making her way back towards the eggs, crooning over her shoulder for him to follow. She could trust him near her babies, since he was just as proud and, in her opinion, should be at least half as protective as she was. He could sniff them if he wanted to. Once she was comfortable, Thallyath lay down not far from the eggs and ate, her tail curled around the golden egg in a subtle display of pride. It was still markedly small for a gold egg, but then, so was the mother.

“Come and get a good look at the eggs,” Casa said happily, taking one of S’far’s hands and twining their fingers in another subtle play to make him uncomfortable. She tugged on his arm until he moved, and then led him onto the Sands to meander quietly between the eggs. They weren’t numbered yet, with Casa wanting them to harden up some more before they were drawn on. “Thirteen, including a gold.” She beamed. He knew how many and that there was a gold, of course, since Casa had sent word as soon as Thallyath had declared herself done, but it was important to restate the information!

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

Well the kiss certainly wasn't expected, though S'far had to admit he wasn't terribly surprised by it either. He huffed slightly, trying to ignore the fuss because he just knew deep down it would encourage her if he let himself get too flustered. Not that it was likely to save him he supposed. Women and their wiles, Casa would find some way to get a rise out of him he was sure.

Nothing to be done for it except try to carry on as he would normally. "She should be proud, Urudith has been quite excited since we heard the news. Should make for a good Hatching." S'far knew that was something that Urudith was particularly interested in. He wanted a good clutch and a good outcome for the babies, for Thallyath as well as his own ego.

The bronze greeted the gold with a pleased grumble, glad that his offering was accepted so well. He carefully followed her onto the Sands proper, taking his time to carefully inspect the eggs, giving them curious sniffs and finding nothing amiss. He stopped at the gold egg, puffing up rather proudly. He didn't care how small it was, the fact that it existed at all was more than enough. He waited until Thallyath had finished eating before moving to lounge comfortably next to her.

"Well Urudith seems happy," S'far said as his hand twitched in Casa's grasp and he was dragged along. He didn't inspect the eggs as closely as the bronze had, mostly just looking for any that looked especially odd or stood out. He did pause at the gold though, trying to free his hand once more before giving up and scratching at his jaw with his other hand. "A little small isn't she? Though I suppose her mother is small too." And the father, though he wasn't about to mention that aloud. "Still, a very nice clutch, I look forward to seeing what all we get. Hopefully at least one bronze."

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Well, the clutch certainly couldn’t turn out worse than the first one Thallyath had brooded, at least as far as Casa was concerned. Not that she had come out and said anything, in general or to Thallyath. It was on both their minds, though, the worry that it had been Thallyath that had soured the previous clutch and not just the fact that it had been sired by a blue dragon. Never again, though, and Thallyath hadn’t said anything, but Casa knew her dragon was prepared to swear off all flights and move to Katila if it happened again. A bit dramatic, but it suited the proud gold.

Casa snorted, the same time Thallyath rolled her head to eyeball S’far for the comment about her daughter’s egg as well as her own size. A dark snort was puffed in the direction of the two riders, and Casa laughed softly. Thallyath wouldn’t say it any more than S’far would, but two could play the insult game and Casa gave the bronzerider a quirked eyebrow and a bemused look. “Yes, because her sire is so huge.” Thallyath harrumphed in a way that made it quite clear she didn’t’ share her rider’s opinion and she nosed at Urudith’s shoulder with a little lick.

Humans have no manners, she said to Urudith, her nose in the air as she ignored the riders. Casa laughed again, before turning back to the gold egg, which Thallyath was still protectively guarding with the end of her tail. “She is small, but she can be as small as she wants so long as she is strong and healthy, and so far Thally seems happy with the health of the clutch. So if she’s happy, I see no reason to fuss.” Casa shrugged. “Besides, she isn’t exactly made for carrying monster eggs or clutches.”

Turning to S’far, hand still trapped in hers, Casa stared up at him seriously. “So tell me, Weyrleader. How have you and yours been faring in all this mayhem?”

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far felt the bit of cautionary irritation flaring up in his bronze. He rolled his eyes slightly. "I didn't say it was a bad thing, just an observation. You are absolutely correct that it doesn't matter so long as she's healthy, and of course I will trust in Thallyath's judgement for that." Urudith gave a soft rumble, because of course her judgement should be trusted. He turned to give the gold a return nuzzle and lick. He easily agreed with her assessment. No manners, but much foolishness..

With yet another eyeroll, S'far turned his attention back to Casa. "I can't wait until this clutch hatches," he muttered. Then, with a sly grin he added, "I bet it'll be quite a lively scramble when they do." Too bad his pun didn't have time to be properly appreciated though, as the Ista Weyrwoman brought the conversation back to grim topics.

"I have three golds left, Bedith flew recently so here's hoping we get another." And not lose any more. It was painful to think that Telgar had lost half of its golds to whatever madman or group of madmen were out there. "I have bronzeriders who still get the shakes and headaches, though they try to hide them," he wouldn't mention T'ryn by name, since so far the young man had been doing his best to keep that hidden and it wasn't up to S'far to speak on that. "I get headaches and tremors still on occasion, but they're mostly gone I think. Right now I'm just waiting for when the next attack comes. You heard what happened in Benden, right? Those candidates... and then another gold lost before she even had a chance."

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

Casa flinched slightly at the cold facts that the goldriders were clearly the ones that had been targeted, and how many S’far had lost in Telgar was a harsh reality. Casa was glad her Weyr was small, there just were not that many of them to start with, and all the serious attacks seemed to have been half-heartedly aimed at herself. Or at least, that was the way it seemed. “Ouch,” she said unnecessarily, but she was genuine in her regret for Teglar’s new numbers. “Hopefully,” she added, “Bedith has clutched well in the past.” And the clutch would once again be sired by Syrendryth and whatever the bronze and her had against one another, Casa could appreciate that he was a good sire.

Casa frowned at the headaches and tremors, pursing her lips. She was once more reminded how lucky she had gotten, to know to take the drugs she had on hand, that had her and Zelana puking their guts up before the poison could truly take hold. Not that it had stopped them from being miserable and sick for days on end. But it had stopped longer term side effects. “I’m sorry to hear that,” she said softly, before winking at S’far, “I’ll be happy to help take your mind off them anytime you need.” Casa wriggled her eyebrows playfully before sobering again. Damn this murdering arsehole.

“Yes,” she said softly, her shoulders slumping. “Not a good outcome, but thankfully one that is on the rare side.” The chances of a gold being the one to go between without finding a mate was rare – there were often so many girls surrounding her that one was worthy. The odds again of the girl she was destined for being murdered was even slimmer. Casa turned her gaze back towards her own dragon and the precious golden egg she guarded with her tail, and pursed her lips again. “The maniac needs to be caught,” she said softly, but Casa had no idea who it could be, or why they were doing what they were doing. Maybe she needed to sit down in her office and go through all the attacks. Maybe one of her boys would help her. R’dal, probably, since they could work together without being distracted by great sex.

S'far
of Bronze Urudith

Date of Birth
06.04.690, 54
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit Dad
Hair
Brown

Threads

S'far ran through the information in his head, long since memorized with how often he'd gone over the lists and reports over and over again. Ista had lost only one gold, but the two left did not fly frequently, and if memory served the Jr. Weyrwoman's dragon didn't produce very large clutches either. This new baby would surely be appreciated. Unless something happened.

He ignored her flirtatious offer to take his mind off things, instead taking a look around the Sands. "Have you or J'zaq made any considerations as far as security goes? There was an attack not long before the recent Hatching, and at the prior Touching. It makes sense that something would happen soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here." Not that he was about to allow his own Weyr's security to grow lax. He was already making plans for more guard patrols, and having someone keep a closer eye on who was handling food, especially food sent to any large groups or important individuals.

Urudith let out a soft protective growl from his position curled up with Thallyath and S'far huffed softly. "I suppose I'm bringing down the mood though. Shouldn't forget the shiny sides of things. Congratulations again on the gold. Hopefully she grows well and becomes an eggscellent addition to Ista."

Casa
of Gold Thallyath

Date of Birth
16.11.720 AL, 24
Height
5'3
Eyes
Green
Build
Slim, petite
Hair
Blonde, shoulder length

Threads

“We’ve taken steps,” Casa said slowly, turning to look at S’far curiously. She trusted him, she supposed, but she didn’t trust who might overhear them or who eh might pass the information to. After all, someone was hurting people, and while it was unlikely S’far was the one killing off his own goldriders and then making a fuss about it, she couldn’t rule that out. Not really. So it was better to be cautious and limit her sharing. “The dragons are on guard.” That much she would share, because dragons could be scary. Of course, there was no instance in memory of a dragon actually hurting a human – adult dragon, that was – but they were certainly big enough to put a stop to any mischief if they caught it.

“I’m not worried about the eggs; Thallyath might be small, but she’s fierce. And the Candidates haven’t started arriving yet.” Which was its own worry, really. Casa was concerned about a repeat of the last Touching Thallyath had overseen. That had certainly been an event and Casa never wanted to repeat it, ever. What if no one came to Stand for this clutch, afraid of what the last one was like? Casa shuddered, but did her best to brush those worries aside. She’d force people to stand, if she had to. She’d get J’zaq and some of her friends to fetch candidate to come and Impress. And she had friends who were still candidates; surely they would support her and her dragon, as they had done last time.

Casa grinned. “She’s as much thanks to you and yours.” Her smile turned mischievous, and she side-eyed S’far. “Sure you don’t want to celebrate. I’m an excellent party planner.”

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)