World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.07.04 | Tending Wounds
11am | somewhere in the bowl, so whoever

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
It stings, Fayath said with a soft whimper as her rider gently cleaned the scratches across her muzzle with a damp cloth. She had more on her forelimbs, painful and itchy, with a couple of them deep enough that they were still oozing but not so deep that she would need stitches. Still, it was a very poor outcome for her first clumsy attempt at trying to hunt down a live wherry on her own instead of just helping one of her siblings. She was embarrassed, and tried to wrap her tail around her wounds to hide them.

"I know, sweetheart, it's okay. Leave that alone while I get you cleaned up. You did your best, and with practice you'll get better. You don't have to hunt alone just because some of the others can." A'mos worked to try and gently soothe his green. He had been far more terrified than upset when he'd felt her spike of fear and pain, but luckily that had passed quickly. His precious little green had gotten back to him safe enough, and after a quick check by one of the assistant weyrlingmasters he was cleared to work on bandaging her himself.

Fayath let out another soft grumbling whine as A'mos moved on to bandaging her legs, her tail swishing behind her anxiously. "Hey, maybe we can spend time with some friends after we're done patching you up. We can just relax and sit out and cuddle in the sun and maybe get you something to eat afterwards. Do you think that would help?" Fayath shifted her weight as she considered and then nodded as she waited for A'mos to finish tending to her. She tilted her head as she heard someone approaching and turned to give them a curious chirp.

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Zeianth was on his ledge, enjoying the sun and watching the going ons in the Bowl. There was always something happening so he rarely lacked for entertainment. That morning had been filled with the usual hub bub of the weyrling classes but as the time slipped by, he noticed one of the green weyrlings walking with her mate though she didn't look to be in good spirits and sported some injuries.

Curious, Zeianth went down to investigate, slowly approaching the pair. At the little chirp, Zeianth rumbled with a greeting and slight dip of his head. Are you well, little one? He ignored the human, focusing on the dragon before alerting D'hys to what he had found.

D'hys hadn't gone for his early run that day thanks to a late night appointment. But he was out on it now since running also helped clear his head and he was still thinking a lot about the murders and any deep connection the victims had with each other or a link to the killer.

At Zeianth's update, D'hys was still on the other end or the Bowl but he didn't change course or pick up speed. He'd be there soon enough to see what happened to the latest green in need that caught his dragon's attention.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

There was something looming behind A'mos, and considering he was not a short man by any means it was an awkward and uncomfortable feeling. But Fayath seemed more or less fine, she wasn't spooked though she was still quite embarrassed as she slumped over so slightly and reached her long tail over to wrap around his leg for a sense of security. So long as she wasn't actually afraid he wasn't bothered, though he did turn his head over so slightly to catch a glimpse of the rather distinct icy blue.

I tried to go hunting, the little green said, still deeply embarrassed that she'd run away from the wherry and didn't even have anything to show for it. A'mos moved to clean one of the more sensitive scrapes across a joint on her leg and she winced, giving out a soft pained squeak as she briefly tugged the limb away. "Sweetheart, I'm sorry, I know it stings but we have to get these cleaned up and get you oiled so that they'll heal nicely." He frowned, bristling not only at the idea that he'd hurt her, but that some wherry had made him do it. He'd never considered trying to punch an animal before, but suddenly the idea had a certain appeal.

After a moment to lick at the wound herself she daintily returned her foreleg to her rider's reach so that he could start over on getting it cleaned. Fayath turned back to Zeianth, even more embarrassed now, but trying to distract herself as she softly admitted, The wherry got away... "You'll get it next time, sweetheart. Though maybe bring a friend to help you." A'mos was far more worried about his precious little green than bothered about what others would think about her ability to hunt.

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Fayath was small and seemed a bit timid so it made sense that she struggled with solo hunting. She was also young and not all dragons could hunt alone at that age. I struggled a bit at first as well, Zeianth confessed to his new friend. She was almost half his size and still young yet! No doubt she would be like many of the others of the newer generations and grow close to his size. You will be a fierce hunter when you are ready to be one. But it doesn’t need to be today.

Zeianth took a few steps closer and laid down in a rather dignified manner before resting his head on the ground near the pair. He felt being more on her eye level would help calm some of her nerves and embarrassment over the whole ordeal while also silently inviting her to take some physical comfort if needed. Many of his green friends liked to curl up against him and this little one was welcome to have that as well. I will hunt with you if you’d like a friend along that won’t judge you or tell silly tales. He couldn’t remember much of his own time as a weyrling but had observed enough of classes over the more recent years to know there were some loud weyrlings and ones that liked to cause trouble. Little Fayath didn’t need any of that.

D’hys was almost to his new destination when he spotted Zeianth and chuckled as the dragon made himself more comfortable. Always making friends, he commented and earned a snort of amusement in his mind. You should try it sometime. Not every interaction needs to be a barter, threat, or sex.

Sounds boring, D’hys replied as he slowed his pace and approached the small group. He wore only shorts and a small towel around his neck, which was grabbed so he could dab at his forehead. “How’s your girl doing?” D’hys stepped closer to Zeianth to show they were a pair and it wasn’t another random spectator happening upon them, though mending the dragon out in the Bowl did leave that door wide open for it to happen. “How are you doing? Not a pleasant feeling when your dragon receives an injury.”

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

There was something reassuring to know that other dragons didn't have good hunts. Mostly Fayath only heard about successful ones, especially from V'lis talking about how good Pharalth was at it. But the brown was scary and almost twice her size! It was nice to get a bit of reassurance that one day she could probably be a good hunter too. Zeianth probably knew a lot of things, he was an older dragon after all, and he didn't seem the sort that would try and trick her. The offer to go hunting with her made her brighten, eyes swirling in excitement as her tail loosened its grip on A'mos. Really? I... I would like that.

The green shifted her weight, still pleased by the thought of having a stronger friend along to help her. A'mos smiled, happy with this little turn of events. He took advantage of the distraction to finish dressing the wound and reached around to give her a quick hug around her neck. "All done, sweetheart. You can relax now." After a moment of hesitation, she moved over to curl up next to the bigger blue, settling in comfortably before she decided to meekly ask a few questions. What is the biggest thing you ever hunted? Did you ever get hurt?

A'mos sat back on the grass with a relieved huff, watching D'hys curiously. He'd seen the man around before, knew that for some reason V'lis was afraid of him, and decided that was more than enough reason to be friendly. "She's doing good. And... no, it wasn't pleasant at all. I want to punch a wherry in the face, but I'm feeling a lot better now that she's calmed down. Thanks to your blue for that, I'm pretty sure he helped. I'm A'mos, and this is Fayath." He paused a moment before asking, "Do you always feel when they get hurt?" He knew the weyrlingmaster had said eventually dragons would get better at blocking it out, but he wasn't sure if that was actually the case or just some sort of empty reassurance, like telling someone things will be okay as they were dying.

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

Then we will hunt together when you next want to go, Zeianth assured the little green as her rider finished patching her up. It was good to see the wounds weren't too deep and would heal well. When it was all done and she settled in beside him, Zeianth gave a rumble of happiness and nuzzled her briefly. He took a moment to consider Fayath's question and that answering that a green dragon was his largest prey wasn't the right answer for her, even if Flights were technically a hunt.

Herd beasts are large but slower than a wherry. I have hunted large wild felines from time to time to protect our camp long ago and earned some scratches from those, Zeianth continued to tell Fayath about some past hunting injuries and hunts in general, letting her know that it was natural to have some stumbles when young and learning.

D'hys chuckled at the desire to punch a wherry. "Emotions do run higher when the bond is wide open still. Her fear was likely feeding your anger. It's a good example of what her Flights will be like with her lust feeding your own." He also fell silent as he took in the dragons, sighing mentally as Zeianth seemed to collect another timid and sweet green. His dragon certainly did have a type.

"You won't always feel when Fayath's hurt. You'll learn to block out a lot of the bond so that you're both still individuals and not experiencing everything as one. You don't feel her hunger as deeply as the early days, do you?" He didn't want to scare the kid but it also wasn't fair to keep weyrlings in the dark, especially as there was a high chance these younger classes would be fighting Thread in their lifetime. "However, if it's serious enough you might be alerted to it as Fayath's concentration falters. No matter if that happens or not, the fear you will feel for your dragon when they are in danger is always strong." He should know, having been through the plague that killed his mother's dragon along with most of the population. D'hys had gone into exile alone in order to protect Zeianth, not even bringing his younger sisters with him as Zeianth was his only focus.

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Fayath gave a happy little chirp at the nuzzle, her tail looping around to curl around her front feet as she listened happily to his stories. Not only were they quite a bit reassuring, but they were also exciting! She couldn't imagine hunting a wild feline, it sounded like something far more tough than anything she could think of. She bet even Pharalth couldn't hunt one of those!

A'mos glanced over at his green, glad to see that she was doing so well with a dragon who wasn't one of her siblings. With how shy she was, there was always a concern that she'd be too withdrawn to really make friends outside of the class. The bluerider's words surprised him just a little though. "Ah right... Flights..." A'mos had forgotten about those, mostly because he still had a hard time thinking of Fayath as anything other than his sweet and innocent little green sweetheart.

But she'd grow up and start having flights eventually and then a blue would end up catching her and... that thought made A'mos glance over at D'hys and eye him for a moment. Well, she could definitely do a lot worse than throwing a handsome shirtless older man at him. He realized his casual glance had turned into a bit of a stare and he shook his head, his cheeks darkening slightly. "Sorry, got distracted. She's still such a little delicate thing and I'd forgotten... anyway, it's good to know that I'll be able to better block her out. But also good that if it's serious I'll still know about it. I'd rather know if she's been seriously hurt, than have to find out about it afterwards."

He watched the dragons for a moment, glad that he didn't have to try and take Fayath on any terrifying journey to some strange new place full of monstrous felines. A'mos was fine with the thought of punching a wherry or even a herd beast, but a wild feline? Eh, he'd still do it for Fay.

PA - First Post!

D'hys
of Blue Zeianth

Date of Birth
29.12.695, 49
Height
6'3
Eyes
Blue
Build
Extremely fit
Hair
Blonde, shag

Threads

He hadn’t meant anything extra when he brought up Flights but D’hys couldn’t help the slight smirk when he saw how distracted the idea combined with his current appearance made A’mos. Greenriders were adorable and most were predictable. But Fayath was young and too timid to start messing around with her rider’s mind. There would be time enough in the future. Although, his next example still connected to Flights but it couldn’t be helped.

“Some emotions may take years before you fully block them out at your choosing. It took time and focus but if Zeianth and I happen to lose a Flight, I can put up a mental wall to ease his lust and frustration and leave the group alone.” He had always hated how much control he lost after Flights and the staggering around like he was drunk as he either tried to flee or gave in and grabbed someone for relief. Zeianth typically only Chased when he was confident he’d win but on the off chance he lost, D’hys was now able to mostly shake it off and leave.

“You will always feel Fayath, even if you’re trying to block everything out. Her presence is a part of you, which is how you’ll know there’s a change with her, even if she’s trying to keep it from you. You’ll learn to tell the subtle shifts as you both grow and test your bond. Silent solo lessons where you both focus on that link will help as you send across various emotions. Eventually you can move onto sharing what you’re experiencing at the time like dancing, a good meal, or a good meal.” Okay, so he was messing with A’mos a bit now but the man was attractive and sometimes after a good run sex was a good cooldown. Perhaps he’d send word to K’dar to get a good afternoon session in. The kid was in need of it just as much as he was.

“If either of you ever need us or you have more questions, come find us. I’m going to leave you to it and with Zeianth if Fayath is happy sunning for a bit. I have some afternoon plans I need to prepare for.”

A'mos
of Green Fayath

Date of Birth
20.10.718, 26
Height
6'4"
Eyes
Brown
Build
trim beef
Hair
Blonde

Threads

"I'm not sure we could really lose a fight." A'mos hadn't really intended on saying that part aloud, but he did his best not to be embarrassed by it. After all, it wasn't like Fayath was going to try to catch a boy, they'd all be trying to get her. And that meant their riders would all be headed his way... and really that only bothered him because he wasn't allowed to be as picky about who he slept with that way. Hopefully the green would be good enough at flying by then that she could at least try and choose her suitor. Or maybe she'd make more friends like the blue she currently cuddled up with and he'd just wake up next to handsome older men...

Who was talking to him. A'mos was only a little flustered as he tried to catch back up on the conversation and he nodded. "We've been trying to practice a lot. It helps her feel a bit more secure when we're apart if we work on our bonding exercises beforehand or even during." Was that added bit of inflection on meal on purpose? Oh... oh what if it was? Oh it probably definitely was. D'hys was a bluerider after all.

A'mos tried not to think too much further into it, instead just nodding as the other man big them farewell. "Thank you... if I get more questions I'll be sure to let you know. And Zeianth is welcome to spend time with Fayath as much as he wants. She seems happy with that. See you around."

He watched D'hys walk away before shaking his head to clear it and turning to Fayath. Well... I'm glad you have a new friend. How are you feeling? Any of your cuts still stinging? His precious green gave him a chirp, turning to give Zeianth a nuzzle before settling back down. I am fine, thank you. A'mos nodded and decided to do his best to not think about how one day his precious baby green would start having Flights, instead moving to sit on her other side and leaning against her for a nap.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)