World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 742.06.13 | Sun Exposure
2pm | Open

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
K’tir climbed up Ghaeth purely on muscle memory. It hadn’t been the first time he’d done it since losing his vision but it was the first time they were going on a small trip from ledge to Lower Bowl. He was thankful for the years of experience of mounting and dismounting his dragon and that it still felt normal to do and to sit atop the gentle beast. The other times he had sat there, the tears fell silently and neither of them spoke. It was still a lot to process from the attack, to his vision, and now the loss of his daughter. Ghaeth was the only thing keeping him somewhat sane and continuing on. Kajiran truly deserved a better father than the sorry excuse of a man he had become. But that was how Ghaeth had kept him from doing something stupid. He still had a child to care for and be a role model for.

Those thoughts were always with him anymore. If he wasn’t wallowing in self-pity, he was trying to keep positive for his son. The positivity was hard to do most days and it was why they were going for a brief glide before sitting out in the Bowl to soak up some sun. That was easy enough to do on their ledge but K’tir hadn’t left their weyr all that much since returning from the infirmary months earlier. It would do to get out and maybe see people… except he couldn’t see them, could he?

The usual anger and pity swelled but K’tir tried not to let it consume him this time as Ghaeth landed gently on the ground. He slid down the dragon’s side and stumbled a little as he didn’t pay enough attention to the timing and where the ground would be. He kept his balance but frowned at the mistake as he took a few steps away from Ghaeth. He glanced around, trying as always to find out if he could see anything. Why he thought being in a new location would change how he could vaguely make out white shapes of larger objects or something very close to him into something real was just another way to torture himself but he still did it.

And he still saw nothing but the vaguely dragon-shaped blob behind him. With a sigh, he sat down where he stood and after a moment laid on his back to stare up at the bright sky. “Don’t stare at the sun… you’ll go blind,” he mumbled with a bitter laugh.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Ghaeth and K'tir are out sunning in the bowl. Je'ler grunted softly in acknowledgement as he finished sorting his bottles. He'd been meaning to see the brownrider after the whole incident, but he'd wanted to give the man space to recover and heal. And then the murders and attacks had continued and things had grown even more insane and Je'ler had tried to focus more on just making his wine and trying to keep himself out of trouble.

And then there was news of the gold candidates getting poisoned and word on the grapevine was that K'tir's daughter had been in that bunch and hadn't recovered. So Je'ler had delayed trying to check on him even more, because what could he say? He'd seen how his father had been affected by his mom's death, he couldn't imagine how it would feel to lose a child that he was close to.

Je'ler did know booze though, and he knew about what K'tir liked, so he'd been working on a new blend that he thought would be appreciated. He got up and grabbed the wineskin that he'd set aside specifically for the brownrider and tucked it away in his bag before heading out to the ledge where Isper was already waiting.

It was a quick glide down before he was hopping off and Isperinath paced around to cuddle in against Ghaeth's side, giving him a soft chirp in greeting. Je'ler cleared his throat and said, "Hey, figured you could use something so I brought you some wine." He plopped down to sit next to K'tir, pulling the wineskin out of his bag and gently nudging the man's arm with it. "I think you'll like it. It's a blend, mostly red, little bit of white, some spice and fruit." He paused a moment, unsure of what else to say really before just asking, "So how are you holding up?"

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

Ghaeth’s happy rumble and greeting didn’t tell K’tir much. His dragon loved everyone, though he did have some favourites; not that it made cutting down the list any easier. When the throat clearing came, K’tir still couldn’t tell who it was since he had done his best to turn away most well-wishers and considered friends since the attack on himself. But the mention of wine made everything click together and the voice was suddenly familiar.

“Wine was always appreciated before and more so now,” K’tir managed a small smile in an attempt to convey he appreciated the gesture and maybe warn that he wouldn’t be his usual self. Gone were the days of being relaxed and simply enjoying life and all the delights it held. He took the wine, giving one slight nod in gratitude for the way Je’ler passed it to him. K’tir didn’t have to ask for it, hold out his hand and wait, or fumble around for the offering. It was appreciated how Je’ler wasn’t making anything more awkward than it already was.

“Your spiced blends always end up at the top of my list for your creations,” K’tir agreed, a hand running over the wineskin. It was an object he was familiar enough with that he knew one of the few colours it would be and fingers traced along the mouth currently sealed but would be easily opened later. Fuck it, why wait? He had the vintner there with him and it would be rude to make Je’ler wait for his verdict so he removed the cap and carefully brought it to his mouth. Bringing it to his mouth was a slow process. In the past, he could grab his mug and take a drink without paying much attention and it was muscle memory now that guided him but a few times since returning home, K’tir had smacked his teeth on the edge of a glass and had definitely spilt the contents here and there as well.

A cautious tilt of the wineskin was taken when he gently bumped the opening to his mouth and K’tir waited to only receive that little bit and not a face full that would run down his chin and chest. It was a smooth success and the wine even more so. K’tir took a moment to hold a sip in his mouth, swishing it around like Je’ler had told him was an appropriate way to get all the levels of the wine and then nodded with a swallow. “You’re right. You nailed this blend and I think it might be my second favourite. The one after our Flight is still top tier, however.” Maybe that was more due to the circumstances and his euphoric mood but K’tir had definitely appreciated that one.

After capping the wineskin once more, K’tir fiddled with it and gave a sigh. He couldn’t be mad at the question since it was something a friend would ask. He even appreciated someone wanted to check in with him but it was a reminder that the more he went out or let people in, the more he would hear various forms of that question. “I’m… well enough. I’m coming to terms with the Healers being right about my vision never returning and Ka-” K’tir struggled to say his daughter’s name and shook his head. “I’m not ready to talk about Katiryn.”

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

At least the brownrider was still feeling up to wine, it was a good sign as far as Je'ler was concerned. Wine was one of those stable things, kept all the loose threads held together even when things were rough. And things had certainly been rough for K'tir as far as he could tell. Going blind, losing his daughter...

Je'ler decided to flop down himself next to the man to just squint up at the sky. "At least it's nice and warm. So you still like that other one huh? Maybe I'll have to make another batch of it then. You'll have to test it for me to make sure it's still up to snuff, tastes the same and all that." He didn't really need a taste tester, he had Isper and his own tongue to go by after all, but it could be fun to have someone else share an opinion.

Though that did make him think of another potential taster. "Huh... does Ghaeth drink? Isper helps me taste things sometimes, I just pour her a bowl... but I never really thought about other riders sharing with their dragons."

Isperinath let out a soft pleased grumble that her rider had thought of her and her companion, and she nuzzled fondly against the brown as she shifted her weight slightly to get more comfortable. It seemed like Je'ler was settling in for a proper visit instead of just rushing to leave, so she could relax a bit. Maybe it was his dragon's mood slipping through, but it made the greenrider a bit more curious about the bond between the brown pair. "Is he able to help you out any with the blindness at all? Even if he doesn't at least you have a good and reliable boy."

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

“Taste-testing should be something I’m still useful for.” In fact, that would probably be the best job for him since the main healer he’d been dealing with told him how his other senses would heighten over time. K’tir wasn’t so sure he wanted to hear people whispering about him across the room but food and drink he already enjoyed becoming euphoric seemed promising.

K’tir quirked his head to the side at the question about Ghaeth drinking. Did people really let their dragons have alcohol? “Ghaeth is from the first clutch after the plague. Everyone was very… particular about how they were treated and how we were trained. Giving the dragons wine wasn’t encouraged and the inventory supply sucked before you appeared anyway.” Besides, Ghaeth had already given everyone heart attacks when he started showing his adult hide and his one leg was nearly white. Everyone worried he was infected with something before finally being cleared. No way did K’tir want to scare anyone further by letting the gentle beast have wine. His luck would have Ghaeth belching fire without having even chewed stone.

He took another sip of the wine, unable to help himself when it was so tasty and just right there. It was capped once more and set down almost out of reach to help dissuade him from taking more. “Ghaeth is the best boy and that’s the theory. When I’m near him I can share his vision, though it’s still disorientating to see over my shoulder. But he can’t help me navigate places within the walls.” He’d only tried the slow and embarrassing stroll down to the bathing rooms twice as he didn’t have his own such facilities in his weyr. Since those attempts, K’tir was able to get drudges to bring up buckets of hot water so he could freshen up with some of his dignity still intact.

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

Je'ler let out a soft chuckle. "Well you're welcome to taste as much wine as I have. I've got a few barrels that should be ready to tap in a couple of weeks. One of those is another blend, the other two are a bit more traditional, just a merlot and a chardonnay that should be easy enough to drink. You might find them boring, but who knows." He resisted the urge to reach over and grab the wineskin back for another sip, it was a gift after all and he had more than enough for himself.

The mention of Ghaeth's clutch brought back memories, and Je'ler couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for his earlier treatment of Isper. "Yeah... yeah they sure were particular. I didn't really pay attention to any of that though, at least not at first when I got Isper. I got better though, about most things." It had only taken his precious lady getting terribly sick after gorging herself. He didn't bring up that he let her taste his wine, not wanting to feel even worse about it. He generally justified that as a way to try to help her work up an appetite for real meals and to keep her entertained and feeling involved but... well he was sure not everyone would see it that way.

And he didn't want to make this visit about him anyway. "I bet you'll get used to it and figure it out eventually. Not sure if a firelizard would help. Maybe get one to help nudge you in the direction you need to know, alert you to shit you might trip on... though you'd have to get it trained in the first place I guess and I have no idea how to do that. If you get any ideas you think I could help with, let me know."

K'tir
of Brown Ghaeth

Date of Birth
07.07.701 , 43
Height
6'3
Eyes
Brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Brown, long, curly

Threads

"I have...had... two firelizards. I Impressed them soon after their rediscovery and the kids were too little for their own. I let the kids name them," K'tir's smile was one of fond memories but his brows slowly furrowed with pain at Katiryn's death. But he would never forget how excited they were with calling out the names they picked, especially little Kajiran's 'Bean!' that made them all chuckle.

"Cocoa Bean is still around and still usually with my son but Dewdrop loved Katiryn and I'm not sure if she went feral or went between from heartbreak. I haven't seen her since we received the news." He shut his eyes from habit. It wasn't like he was shutting out the world or the demons that lived in his head by doing so. He just had to focus on the topic, nothing else. His eyes were easier to deal with now that something worse had happened.

"I'm not sure how much use Beanie would be. Short attention spans and a lighter bond than with a dragon. But it's worth a shot. I have to find a way to easily make it to the wine and various lovers, after all." He attempted a smile and was shocked at how it felt right to tease and joke around a bit.

That also reminded him how lonely he had become. It was his own fault with how he kept pushing people away as he tried to deal with everything but perhaps it was time to slowly let some people back in. "If you don't have anything better to do, I wouldn't be opposed to someone relaxing in the sun with me. Constant talking not even needed if we're not feeling it." Just some companionship would be nice.

Je'ler
of Green Isperinath

Date of Birth
07.04.708, 36
Height
6' 0"
Eyes
Brown
Build
Athletic
Hair
Black

Threads

"Oh." Je'ler wasn't sure what to say at first, knowing that the flitters had been the kids' and that one of them... well, no need to dwell on that. He still had one. "Eh, maybe Bean will get the job done. Even if it's only a little helpful, it's something you know? And heh, yeah, you do need to figure out how to get to the wine and the booty." At least there was a smile, a bit of light hearted humor there. It was a good sign.

With a small nudge from his elbow, Je'ler laughed and added, "Ghaeth can help you get to my weyr, Isper always likes the company, and I've got plenty of wine for you. And a comfy enough bed when the mood strikes." K'tir was fun to have around, and he didn't have to see to keep that sort of entertainment up.

He could feel Isperinath's approval, but he decided against picking a fight or assuring her that this wasn't like that. Instead Je'ler just settled on trying to be there for a friend. K'tir didn't need to deal with or even know about the petty arguments he had with the green. Some company though, he could do that. "Yeah, I'm fine with hanging out and lounging in the sun with you. And let me know if you want me to lounge in the sun again some other time too. I'm not going anywhere."

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)