World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] 742.05.19 | Discovering the Perks of Benden Weyr
8pm | B'ruk

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Ulliendis itched at his arm yet again and wondered if stitches were supposed to be so itchy when numbweed was slathered over the area. Shit, what if he was allergic to numbweed? He knew it was possible if incredibly rare and figured that would be his luck. He’d ask Rhamnus about it later when he returned to the healer’s room since he was currently on a much needed break.

When Rhamnus sent the invitation to come lend a hand and learn a bit more, Ulliendis figured he didn’t have much else to do beyond his chores. Besides, he hadn’t been to Benden Weyr—or any other Weyr—yet and with a Hatching coming up soon, he figured it would be helpful to know his way around a bit first in case he Impressed. Telling the Candidate Master that a healer required his assistance made the approval process even easier and Ulliendis found himself granted a handful of days to assist.

He had arrived two days earlier and was now halfway through his visit. Rhamnus kept him busy with ‘acquiring’ needed items that left Ulliendis rolling his eyes but he appreciated the chance to keep his skills up to snuff. When he wasn’t roaming around, he was learning more about poisons and even watched as Rhamnus would patch up a resident here and there suffering from normal every day injuries. And when he wasn’t doing either of those, he was free to wander in the evenings.

All well and good, but Ulliendis only knew Rhamnus and a few Candidates that had been at Fort’s last Hatchings. Well, he had started making new friends the previous evenings but he didn’t see any of those around either and Ulliendis was now left with the terrible task of either drinking alone, dragging Rhamnus away from whatever was occupying his time, or dragging someone else into drinking and conversing.

His gaze roamed around the Dining Cavern, sussing out the potential victim out of those loitering after dinner. He knew groups would start forming for socializing and he wanted to get into one of those groups before they settled in too much and he was seen as crashing. But then he saw the perfect target. A man sitting alone and seemed to be people-watching as well. A man after his own heart. As much as Ulliendis enjoyed being the centre of attention, he also loved watching others and learning things about them. He had a feeling this man would know some fun tidbits about the residents of the Weyr and sauntered on over.

“You look like a man that would appreciate my company, the wine I swiped from my host, and gossiping about other people,” Ulliendis stated as he invited himself to the seat beside the man---bluerider from the knots on his shoulder—so they could share the same view. “Tell me I’m wrong and I’ll call you a handsome liar and still stick around to be proven right. I didn’t bring glasses so we will also be utterly uncouth together as we drink from the bottle.”

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'ruk
of Blue Valeth

Date of Birth
18.07.715, 29
Height
6'1"
Eyes
blue
Build
athletic
Hair
brown

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
I still think the timing is off. Oh, I agree, the whole thing feels off. That and only the Weyrwoman was attacked this time, normally the killer- Or killers. or killers, B'ruk agreed, went after more than one person at a time. That and these more recent attacks seem a bit more... aggressive. I wonder if something has happened. The bluerider took an idle nibble of a piece of bread as he kept watching the other people in the dining hall. The murders and attacks had been on a lot of minds lately, and with the shiny golden population taking a significant hit some of the dragonriders he knew were starting to get a bit antsy. It would certainly make for a rather bleak future if the golds kept dying, especially when thread came. At least they were still having clutches. Though what if- Perhaps, you could focus on more positive things for the moment? I'm trying to converse with a rather lovely green and you are killing the mood a bit.

Despite the rather dark route his thoughts were meandering, his face was rather pleasantly neutral, perhaps even a little curiously friendly at best. That was broken for a moment by a soft amused huff and smirk as B'ruk took another bite. Sorry, sorry. You have fun. He turned his attention back to the dining hall, wondering if there was anything to do to try and liven up the overall mood. Maybe some sort of party, though it was certainly hard to justify one given the current string of events. Though the Weyrwoman was alive and there was a gold egg on the sands, so there was that.

He wasn't especially surprised when someone joined him at the table, though he was surprised to see it was a face he didn't recognize. B'ruk smiled at the compliment and took a moment to eye the young man who'd joined him. "I think I could very well appreciate your company, and in a variety of ways at that." He slid over his plate of bread, cheese, and fruits to share as well. "And I don't mind sharing a bottle, the kitchen drudges would probably appreciate the efficiency of fewer glasses to clean. I'm B'ruk of Blue Valeth, what's your name and what brings you here?"

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

"I'm Ulliendis, Harper-turned-Candidate although I'm visiting from Fort Weyr at the moment. Healer Rhamnus appreciates my skills and sought to steal me for a few days. I, in return, stole this bottle of wine." Ulliendis flashed B'ruk a bright smile before taking a swig of the wine and declaring it drinkable with an appreciative nod. You couldn't always go off of a label from what a few vintner friends had said. Unfortunately he wasn't skilled in remembering which years were supposed to be the best and which ones were to be avoided because of bad crops or some such thing. He relied on his taste buds and they said this bottle would do for making new friends.

The bottle was slid over for the bluerider to try while Ulliendis started in on the fruit B'ruk was kind enough to share. He wasn't starving but little nibbles were always enjoyable; his philosophy for most things. "So tell me, B'ruk of blue Valeth, is Benden Weyr truly so boring that the only fun to be had is in people-watching? Not that I'm knocking it but you seem like the sort to be more involved with said people than on the sidelines."

He paused and then laughed with a wave of his hand to himself. "I suppose that's what people say of me as well. I know why I do it but I think with you, you're waiting to see if anyone interesting comes to you. A clearly successful tactic,” Ulliendis grinned and waved to himself again.

B'ruk
of Blue Valeth

Date of Birth
18.07.715, 29
Height
6'1"
Eyes
blue
Build
athletic
Hair
brown

Threads

B'ruk eagerly snatched up the bottle and eyed the label, smiling and nodding in approval as he recognized the vintage, one that a fancy Lady who enjoyed his company on occasion had a fondness for. He took a sip long enough to savor without being too greedy before setting the bottle back down between them. "Well I am glad that one theft led to another that I could enjoy. He's a prickly man sometimes, but if you can get past that you can get into some more fun parts as well."

He knew well enough that the healer was willing to indulge in a bit of fun on the side (or on the exam table even), but he seemed a bit high strung to B'ruk. Always grumpy and angry about something, and always especially irritable with the shiny hides. The bluerider enjoyed a bit more light hearted company himself, so he tended to just avoid the man in general.

The Harper-Candidate's question made him pause and tilt his head as he considered. "Eh, Benden has its moments, but lately the mood has been a bit... well it's been less lively than normal what with the current goings on. Normally there are some fun little card groups to break into, the occasional party in the lower caverns to crash. I like to visit the Holds when I can, I find them to be quite entertaining. And full of people who just need someone to help them learn to let loose a little."

B'ruk took another sip of the wine and grinned before adding, "And I enjoy watching people. They're rather interesting, always up to something, guessing which ones are up to no good, who's hiding what, it's great fun. You can learn a lot if you just watch someone. Or follow them."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

Ulliendis raised a brow at B’ruk’s choice of words for Rhamnus. He honestly didn’t find the Healer all that prickly but that have been because they had certain interests in common that made each other more useful. He also wasn’t sure about the more fun bits since neither of them had made any real advancements. Sure, there was some fun flirting but Ulliendis flirted with anyone with a pulse. But that didn’t mean he did more than that. Sex simply wasn’t needed as a motivator for whatever their arrangement was.

“Other than people-watching, helping others learn to let loose is one of my favourite things to do.” Rhamnus wasn’t one of those people. That man had his shit in order but there were so many others that were in need! Ulliendis gave B’ruk another appraising glance and still felt his initial response was correct. The bluerider knew how to have all sorts of fun and… did he say follow them?

“Oh, you naughty boy. You like to see where the flirting brings people, eh? I should have pegged you for being a voyeur in all senses of the word. Should I keep you in mind in case I find a playmate for later tonight?” He was grinning as he teased B’ruk but the offer wasn’t entirely made in jest. He’d be find with the bluerider in his bed or watching him with another. He wasn’t about to tell someone how to get their rocks off!

“Unless you have other reasons for following people? Although the offer still stands either way.”

B'ruk
of Blue Valeth

Date of Birth
18.07.715, 29
Height
6'1"
Eyes
blue
Build
athletic
Hair
brown

Threads

B'ruk couldn't help but let out a soft snorting chuckle as his new friend admitted to the similar hobbies. "Some people really have a lot to learn, and getting them all loosened up is just satisfying you know?" And if he really opened their eyes it usually meant a lot more fun afterwards. Though sometimes he'd done a bit too well and ended up having to flee a jealous lover or husband or fiance or some other what have you. That was fine, he hadn't been caught yet and Valeth had his back most of the time.

"Heh, I don't know if I'm as much a voyeur as I am nosy," he laughed as he answered the accusation. Though he supposed, thinking on it a bit more, that it wasn't exactly inaccurate. If things started to get hot and heavy while he was already being snoopy, why not enjoy the show? He eyed Ulliendis a moment and gave him a wink as he added, "I guess I do still enjoy watching when I happen to catch a show, so whether you want me there or not is up to you. I think I still prefer participating to just watching."

Another little nibble on fruit, and another sip of wine as B'ruk took a look around the dining hall to make sure no one else was being as snoopy as he normally was. He turned his attention back to the candidate, leaning in a bit closer as he lowered his voice. "Plenty of reasons to follow people. Sometimes there's nosy people who aren't as sneaky who enjoy hearing gossip and are willing to pay for it one way or another. And sometimes there are people who ask for a pair of eyes to watch someone discreetly to see what they're up to, who they talk to, things like that."

PA - First Post!

Date of Birth
12.10.720, 24
Height
6'2
Eyes
Pale green
Build
Trim
Hair
Dirty blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Ah, so you prefer getting a participation award. Noted,” Ulliendis grinned as he popped another piece of fruit in his mouth. B’ruk was an interesting fellow and they already had so much in common. He had chosen his target for the night wisely and so far with no regrets. As if he was one to truly have regrets. As it was, Ulliendis already knew he was going home with the bluerider for the night, though it was hard to say if it would be before or after the wine was finished.

To help that along, he had another drink as he contemplated the confession. B’ruk was full of little surprises and was more than a pretty face. He could, and did, appreciate that. Ulliendis did wonder who exactly was paying the man to sneak around or share what he learned. He had heard that D’hys had his fingers in everything and a lot of it was backed by Weyrleader R’nya so was he one of the ones B’ruk reported to? It made sense to need eyes in other Weyrs since not even a dragonrider could be in multiple places at once. “I would love to hear more about your adventures in a more private setting if you prefer.” With his overt ways, it seemed more likely they would leave before the wine was finished. Of course the wine would travel with them. No sense in wasting a perfectly good stolen gift!

“We could swap notes on methods for loosening people up while we’re at it.” He was a shameless flirt, what could he say? Sometimes he had a bit more restraint but what else was there to do when B’ruk even confessed not much was happening.

B'ruk
of Blue Valeth

Date of Birth
18.07.715, 29
Height
6'1"
Eyes
blue
Build
athletic
Hair
brown

Threads

B'ruk laughed, nodding at the harper candidate's assessment. Though he supposed really, participation was its own reward when it came to that sort of fun. He took a moment to lean back and eye Ulliendis, his grin broadening a bit as he took the time to get a better look at the young man. Definitely no complaints there, the blonde was quite easy on the eyes in a way that invited further investigation. And B'ruk did love to investigate things like that a bit more thoroughly.

"A private setting? I that can be arranged." He imagined that Ulliendis was the nosy sort; he had that look about him, the keen eye, the curiosity. Maybe B'ruk would keep him in mind next time he had a chat with D'hys. That was a future problem though, he still had to see how the rest of this night was going to go. Though so far, he had a pretty optimistic outlook.

He reached for the bottle of wine, taking another sip of it before giving his eyebrows a small bounce. "I think I have some notes written down in my weyr, I think I could be convinced to share them with you. Let's take the rest of this wine and head that way."

With a lazy swing of his leg over the bench, B'ruk got up and stretched before passing the wine back. He draped an arm across the candidate's shoulders as he began to steer them out of the dining hall and towards his weyr. "Play your cards right and I'm sure I can introduce you to a few of my more entertaining friends as well."

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)