World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 741.01.12 | Remedial School
1pm | Introductory Candidate Class

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Cazan was sitting on the floor, surrounded by (mostly) children, fighting the urge to nap with the great fat beast of a gold that was snoozing heavily on her lap as she listened to the lecture. It had been a sleepy joke at first when she suggested she go sit in on the most basic of classes, but people were far more receptive to the idea than she thought, and so here she was. She'd already learned a few things, she knew golds were a big deal and so were bronzes, but she hadn't been aware that the other colors fell into a tidy sort of hierarchy based off color and size as well. And now the class was getting ready to do a hands on demonstration helping her oil the enormously round lump that was making her legs fall asleep.

She gave the sleepy dragon the tiniest nudge, fingers gently scratching along the little baby's eye ridges in a way that Cazan somehow just knew Malvayth liked. She was still trying to get used to the whole thing, and as much as she wanted to get back to work and spend time with T'ryn again she was just too exhausted to do much more than nap and try to keep Mal happy. A happy dragon meant less screeching, and it just made her feel better too. Eventually Mal cracked open her eyes and stretched, putting even more of her ponderous weight onto Caz to cuddle more as she blinked and woke up before.

Then the little dragonette lifted her head and looked around, eyes flashing with joy and excitement. Oh we're still here! Still in class and all the fun people and maybe we can play a game and I can hide under a desk and they can find me and I'll jump out and spook them and it'll be fun and themaybe wecagoplay withCirithanthen... the excited outpouring of words began to blend together until they were a delightfully pleased incomprehensible babble that at least the candidates seemed to think was adorable. "Hey, hey. We're going to do a lesson all about you! It'll be a great game. You can see how shiny we can get you with the oil, but the game is you have to hold still and be quiet. Okay?"

I can play that game! She got up off of Cazan and circled about, nose high in the air, pudgy rolls rippling with the movement until she settled into a pose appropriate for oiling and held still as she pretended to be a statue.

BOO! Shouted the little dragon, jumping with wings spread as she hopped about in delight. Did I spook you? Did I? I did right?! It was very much like handling a small child and Cazan could only suspect that everyone else with a baby dragon was going through much the same. One of the teenage boys huffed and rolled his eyes. “As if. We were right here.” She could feel Mal’s tiny infuriated rage building up towards a shriek and she very quickly said, “Well you got me! Oh! I forgot you were there you were holding so still and quiet!”

Malvayth settled quickly back down again to babble and croon happily about the oiling and her trick. The lesson continued with another lecture about basic dragon anatomy and fire breathing, how they chewed on firestone to produce their flames which would be needed to fight something called thread. There was a call for questions and Cazan lifted her hand. “How old will Mal be when she starts breathing fire?”

There was a giggle and the same teenage boy scoffed and immediately blurted, “That’s dumb, golds don’t breathe fire.”

Cazan was too slow to stop the enraged screeching that erupted from the tubby little gold, her corpulent form jiggling with rage. NOT DUMB! CAZAN IS THE BEST AND THE SMARTEST AND YOU’RE DUMB WITH YOUR FACE AND I HATE YOU YOU ARE THE WORST OILER AND I HOPE YOUR HANDS FALL OFF! Cazan moved to physically block Mal’s line of sight on the boy and reached out to gently pet her enraged little baby as she distracted. “Hey, do you want to play another little game? It’s called speed nap. We see if you can beat me in a race to nap. If you win then we’ll go find one of your brothers or sisters and you can play and tell them all about your day.”

She could still feel Malvayth’s anger, but it was beginning to wane, her desire to have fun and play a game with her rider overpowering her irritation. After a few minutes the class was back to where it had been, Cazan sitting on the floor with her pudgy gold dominating her lap in peaceful slumber that she wished she could join. At least the teacher seemed unruffled by the disruption, and had even used it as a lesson. “Class this is just an example of what you could possibly expect in the early days once you impress your own dragon. Not only will you have to care for your dragonette’s physical needs but emotional ones as well. Every dragon is different, and some are more or less intelligent than others so you will have to learn to adapt to your lifemate’s individual needs.”

Caz couldn’t really follow along once he started talking, the voice droning on in such a way that she had fallen asleep hunched forward on Malvayth before he’d even finished the first sentence.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)