World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [O] 741.01.14 | A Fresh Start
10 AM | New Fort Weyrlings

G'nen
of Brown Yanth

Date of Birth
19.03.701, 44
Height
5'9"
Eyes
Dark brown
Build
Fit
Hair
Dark brown, long enough to ponytail

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
When G’nen was asked to be one of the Weyrlingmasters for Aridissicath’s upcoming Clutch, he did not think they would be putting both golds in his class. He supposed it made sense to put the golds together, so they could learn all the gold things together and get to know each other, but why had they given him the golds instead of say, the actually experienced Weyrlingmaster. This was his first class! Sure, he’d been R’moc’s assistant for a couple turns now, but that was different than being in charge of a whole gaggle of Weyrlings - including two golds!

Ah well, G’nen would do his best regardless, and he had people he could call on when - not if, when - he needed help. It would be fine. Totally fine. These Weyrlings were gonna turn out great.

They were doing pretty well so far, overall, G’nen felt as he looked over his group, all busy oiling itchy dragonets. He walked through them slowly, stopping at each pair and noting the general health of each hatchling as he went. Eventually he came to the two golds who were a minor source of bewilderment for him (even if he was pleased at the faith everyone seemed to have in him). Both golds were… very round. A number of the other dragonets were similarly chubby, including one particular brown and a few greens. As far as G’nen could tell, though, they were perfectly healthy. Just a little baby fat. Probably. Aradissicath had such healthy Clutches, and Fort had a good turn, plenty of food, so they must have been extraordinarily well nourished in those eggs.

Really, there was little to be concerned about with the hatchlings. The riders, on the other hand, G’nen was a little more worried about. There was the Lady who had Impressed from the stands - very shellshocked about it all, he’d felt - but it wasn’t too terribly difficult the first few weeks, so she should be alright. Just feed and oil and nap in cycles. Barely enough energy left over to panic about the new direction your life had taken. They’d worry about that more after the first two or so weeks were through, though G’nen was planning to talk to her properly before the week was through. And there was one bluerider G’nen felt he should keep an eye on, but other than that, everyone seemed to be doing pretty well.

G’nen tried to put little games into oiling whenever he could, add an extra layer of engagement for both rider and dragonet. The game of the moment was finding their dragon’s favorite spot to scratch without asking. Dragons weren’t allowed to tell, either. It was about picking up emotions and physical signs from your lifemate, not just relying on a dragon telling their rider everything. Dragons could keep secrets, after all.

I have never kept a secret from you in my life, Yanth said lazily, sprawled at the edge of the group so he could help with keeping an eye on everyone, one hatchling playing with the end of his tail. Yanth gently flicked it back and forth, allowing the play good naturedly. G’nen smiled at the dragon.

’I’m sure you haven’t. Not even once. Especially not that time you didn’t tell me you had made an arrangement with a mated green.' Yanth snorted.

Especially not that. Pay attention to the Weyrlings, I think one of the pairs may need you. G’nen furrowed his brow in concern and turned to look around his class, trying to figure out who Yanth thought needed his help.

PA - First Post!

Cazan
of Gold Malvayth

Date of Birth
14.02.717, 28
Height
5'10"
Eyes
Brown right
Build
Lean, tomboyish.
Hair
Dark Auburn, Short

Threads

Written By: BardlyThere
Nope! Nope! Nopenopenope! Not there either! The little gold dragon was spinning around in glee as her rider tried to find the precious favorite scratching spot. Cazan was doing her best to be patient as she oiled the little dragon, but she somehow knew exactly where the spot was, on her chest just in front of her left shoulder. There was just such an immense sense of relief and pleasure whenever she scratched there and Mal even went blissfully quiet for a bit.

But each time the little gold would chirp mischievously and deny it. This was a great game and she was pulling a great trick on Cazan! Between her pleased nopes she was was babbling nonsensical phrases and noises, entirely too please to be getting her rider's attention and to be playing this game. Do you give up? she asked, her voice still so soft and delicate even as it held so much mischief. Cazan sighed. "Yes, I give up. Where is the spot?"

I fooled you! You already scratched it, it was the spot right on my chest that I really like! Her bubbly cheer began to falter though as she watched her rider who just let out a heavy sigh and stared. I tricked you right?

Cazan wasn't sure if this would turn into a shriek fest or a sad dragon fest, and as much as she was curious what a crying dragon looked like, she didn't have it in her heart to find out with Malvayth. So she forced a smile on her face, reached out to scratch the special spot and gave her rotund little gold a hug. "Of course you tricked me. I'm just tired. Now hold still and let me finish oiling you. And then we have to... fuck what else were we supposed to do again?"'

FUCK! Cheerfully chirped Malvayth at the top of her lungs as her rider buried her face in her hands.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He'd had four days to come to terms with having a dragon. It was still surreal to know that the plump blue thing he was rubbing oil on was his mate but Kor'is had accepted it like most everything else thrown at him. He had wanted a dragon, then he didn't, so of course he now had one. That was the way his life worked and he just rolled with it.

But did he have to be in the same group as the two obnoxious gold dragonets?

He sent a look at the one that had to greet each and every one of them individually in what felt like every time they crossed paths. Then there was the other one that thought she was hilarious and if you didn't think so or react accordingly then a headache you were given. The blob was currently teasing her rider which Kor'is was fine with since that meant they were distracted enough that everyone else could do their own thing in peace for a few minutes.

He was currently oiling a spot where Taith's tail met his back and the chubby blue's backside was raising in the air like he was one of the cats the Lord Ista's family had when they were kids. Actually, Taith reminded him a lot of a feline with how often he currently slept in between bouts of eating or playing. He also liked his belly being oiled but his belly wasn't a trap like one of the cats. He was prepared to humour G'nen and his games by pointing out the two spots that were clearly the favourite locations based on physical reactions and the sense of pleasure he himself felt when a familiar golden voice called out a 'fuck'.

"Fuck, indeed," Kor'is murmured with an eye roll and then waved for Taith to stick out a foot to be oiled next.

I like her enthusiasm and how much fun she always has, Taith chirped as he rolled over for better leg access.

"Don't encourage her." He wondered if they could convince her that silence was golden for a reason and that gold dragons weren't supposed to talk so much.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Cirith was taller than Sariel by about ten inches if they were both laying down and she was definitely rounder by a large margin. Every time she oiled her lifemate she seemed to grow. Finding her favourite spot was an amusing adventure considering she adored being oiled and it did make her very shiny.

But what if my favourite is everywhere? she asked over and under her gold clutchmate's remarks. Cirith stretched her neck out so Sariel could get a good rub of oil into her hide. It all feels so gooooooood.

"I suppose you have a point," Sariel said dryly. Like a canine, though, there had to be that extra spot that felt delicious. She rubbed a cloth against some excess oil and used it to get to her lifemate's face. Her plump cheeks shone, her muzzle was glorious, but there was a spot just there in the middle where the dragonet had difficulty reaching that was especially croon-inducing.

Or those little happy eee sounds she made when excited. Maybe it was a combination of sounds. And then Malvayth said fuck very loudly. It made Sariel laugh, which made Cirith stare at the other dragonet for a long moment, deep in thought.

FUCK~ Cirith sang out sweetly with just the same volume as Malvayth. Sariel choked on a laugh as she wiped her hands off. Fuck, fuck, ooh, fuckity, fuck, fuck!

"Okay, that's...maybe enough of that word," Sariel murmured but she was still laughing.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kor’is was already sitting on the edge of the group in what still counted as an acceptable distance from others though he wished he could move across the Weyr. It was also lucky he wasn’t near a wall or he’d likely have started hitting his head against it to make the noise stop. He took a deep breath and started counting to avoid saying anything but he only managed to get to three before giving up and glaring at the slightly skinnier gold.

“Would the two of you control your dragons and teach them to stop yelling everything. I already have over twenty extra voices in my head talking at once and I don’t need them screaming as well.” He was rather proud of himself for not swearing but then again, the two golds had done more than enough of it to make up for his lack of use. Although telling them to shove their fucks up their asses would have been pretty cathartic.

He could feel Taith wanting to say something and Kor’is turned his look on the blue dragon. Taith could honestly be just as loud and obnoxious when he became too excited and Kor’is wasn’t a fan of that either. He decided to distract the dragon by rubbing oil at the tail bone again and he felt the pleasure that brought and he smirked, knowing how he could win arguments until Taith was a lot larger.

“Hey,” Kor’is called out to G’nen since their so-called Weyrlingmaster hadn’t interjected yet, “can we get this over with and go back to nap time? At least that is usually quieter.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

D'io
of Brown Shirrikath

Date of Birth
15.07.720, 24
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Blue
Build
Trim
Hair
Blonde

Threads

Written By: Jenn
Oh boy, oh geez, are you okay? the fat little brown told his boy for the fourteenth time. D'io grunted from the ground and started to shove himself forward when a frantic Skirrikath slapped him with a tail as he twisted around to check on his boy. "Shir," he started calmly as his face began to sting and with an effort to calm the brown, "Shirrikath! I'm okay." Since the day Shirrikath had hatched, D'io had been knocked down more often than not. The brown was large, chubby, and bulky but he didn't realize his own size sometimes and during those times, D'io found himself on the ground.

As long as you're okay. I mean that slap looked like it hurt, are you sure you're okay?

D'io rolled his eyes as he shoved himself to his feet. "It's fine," he told the brown as he brushed his ass off. His face did sting and D'io was certain that there would be a bruise there come the morning but it would be just fine. He was more focused on making sure Shirrikath was taken care of and he knew the little brown was itchy. "Come on," he gestured to the brown, "Let's go get oiled." It didn't take long for Shir to get that way, the brown loved a good oil as much as the rest did and he was good enough to stand perfectly still while D'io scrubbed him.

D'io's shoulders started to ache right around the time the golds started screeching loudly. Shirrikath blinked lazily, the brown nearly asleep on his feet from the scrub when they screamed "fuck" repeatedly. They are funny, he told his boy as D'io winced with the volume, But I don't think that word is the best word. D'io laughed when he realized that Shir had snitched that thought right out of his mind. D'io cursed as much as the rest - he didn't but he could if he wanted - but the word "fuck" was weirdly a word he rarely used.

He shook his head as he heard Kor'is ' complain. D'io wasn't a complainer either but he could appreciate Kor'is' words. "Shirrikath is ready for a nap, G'nen," he said in the same theme as the bluerider, "Can I take him back for some sleep?"

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)