World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] [H] 741.01.10 | Continuously Interrupted Hatching
7am onward

Sariel
of Gold Cirith

Date of Birth
20.12.720, 28
Height
4'10"
Eyes
Hazel Green
Build
Fit
Hair
Golden Blonde

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
"I am or, rather, I will be and she is perfection," Sariel said tipping her head to give her weyrmate a returning smile. The claw marks were deeper and longer than she'd thought but they'd missed anything important. "I suppose it really should hurt more and I suppose stitches are in order but Impression does do wonders." There was also an awful lot of blood.

I am helping. I said I would. It does hurt. I could wrap my tail around it... With L'gan's presence finally noted, she squirmed impatiently. Oh! Oh! Yes, I did say you were coming. For a moment she refused another cube of tasty meat, hrrum thrumming as if she had a finger raised.

Cirith neatly used her new lifemate's robe to gently and neatly clean off her nose and muzzle so she could have a proper sniff at L'gan. Immediately, her eyes whirled an intense wash of greens and blues right before she flicked her tongue against his cheek in greeting. She did make sure that she'd not leave any meaty bits or gross on him.

How rude would that be, anyway?

You have the best face! I see it! So pretty, like your wonderful hands! Cirith exclaimed joyfully. Then she paused altogether, cocking her head, before planting herself against the ground and snaking her tail around L'gan's leg. Sariel found herself with a golden wing around her.

The ground talks! I do...do not think it speaks very well at all. It is very, very rude! She growled back at the earth beneath the sand as if giving it a firm talking-to. Dragons were not supposed to bark but it came out in surprise anyway. Sariel found herself speechless but Cirith seemed to have all the words.

Come close, treasured-face! That was directed at L'gan, specifically, in a soft ruble-croon. It carried with it courage and a deep protectiveness. Why if Semath were with them, everything would be quite perfect. She had larger wings, after all, but Cirith did her very best. And--

And that was when the Hatching itself went pair shaped and suddenly three of her clutchmates went between and there was such noise and panic. Her immediate reaction was a whining keen at the loss as she did her best to get her other wing around L'gan too because he was Important and there were things falling.

Mind the up. It is spitting at us! No talking ground nor spitting ceiling was going to make her cower! One day, she'd be bigger and she'd make it want to hide.

But all of the rumblings ceased a few moments later. If ever a dragonet's face could have looked as if it were expecting even more trouble, Cirith's did. She was torn between keeping as much of herself about her rider and L'gan and shoving her nose back into the bucket of meat. After all, L'gan had to have a proper look at the clawing. She let out a huff and released them, hunger winning out. She had been careful with her claws, so they had not hurt anything at all.

Sariel let out a careful breath and looked around. Three dragonets gone, a badly injured Candidate from what she could see but the Hatching went on. Her thigh had begun to ache deeply and she took measured breaths as Cirith took the bucket away and wriggled, making appreciative nom, nom, nom sounds as she chewed each piece with care. It left L'gan proper space to work and she was proud of her new lifemate catching onto that.

"Faranth preserve us," Sariel said as she did her best to take in the drama of the last few moments and then let out an actual giggle at Cirith taking her meal away entirely. Clever girl. Brave, too. Her fingers touched L'gan's hair lightly as if she needed tangible proof he was uninjured.

Be still, she heard her lifemate say gently. It was almost as soothing as a lullaby, full of such tenderness and compassion. He is yours, he is lovely green Semath's, and he is mine, too. I would not stand for harm to come to him. The little gold looked up at Sariel and L'gan with the most complete adoration and Sariel was so completely overcome at the moment that tears began to stream down her cheeks.

She couldn't have asked for a better match of minds. Cirith had a heart as large as her own and-- And she was perfect.
---
L'gan

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 741.01.10 | Continuously Interrupted Hatching - by Sariel - 11.Jan.20, 09:21 PM