World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Winter 01.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [P] [EVENT] 740.07.17 | Over a Drink
4 PM | Kordiavis

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

Written By: Zandelion
“Found you,” Misha said smugly as he seated himself beside Kordiavis, rewarding himself for the accomplishment by stealing a sip from Kordi’s drink. He wasn’t sure if he particularly liked it, but it was cold and alcoholic and that was good enough. “Were you planning on finding me eventually or did you just assume I’d track you down?” he asked, taking another sip before putting the mug back in front of Kordiavis.

“Mylo says you ran off as soon as you guys got here. You been having fun all by your lonesome?” Most likely he was. Kordiavis was the kind of person who could spend a lot of time in his own head and not be driven completely up the walls with boredom. Misharan did not have that skill, needing human contact like he needed air. He could barely make it through a single day without seeing a friend or five. Thankfully the communal living of Candidacy meant he just about always had someone around to hang out with, but time with friends was the best. Even better was time with best friends, of which Kordiavis was one.

Misharan tried to take another sip of Kordiavis’ drink, but this time he was thwarted by the drink’s owner. With a pout Misha leaned over to rest his head on Kordiavis’ shoulder. “Aw, c’mon, don’t you love me?” he whined, wrapping an arm around Kordi’s waist He’d missed Kordi, he really had. Fuck Holders and their sensibilities for not letting him be as affectionate and tactile as he wanted. At least he could get away with some clinginess if he pretended he was tipsy, but it still wasn’t enough. Misha had already been pushing the boundaries all day — he’d let C’dhin kiss him, after all — but he was still hesitant to go too far. There had been some warnings about not allowing Candidates to future Gathers if they didn't behave, and Misha was having too much fun to risk missing out on it in the future.

“Missed you,” Misharan said quietly, turning his face so that his mouth was pressed against Kordiavis’ shoulder and the words were muffled in the fabric. “Lots and lots.”

PA - 100 PostsPA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
Kordiavis had been nursing a drink in the beer tent that the local tavern had set up. He’d been in there for a bit now and had chatted up the woman—Quilriana—that had been doing most of the serving. It was close enough to the Harpers’ stage that he could hear the music from time to time when the crowd within the open aired tent weren’t getting too rowdy. It was an enjoyable time, people-watching and relaxing, striking up a conversation with Quilriana when she seemed to have a minute. She was beautiful but much older and didn’t seem to be interested when other men hit on her so he didn’t bother playing that card.

When a familiar voice startled him out of his musings from what the day had so far brought him, Kordiavis smiled at Misharan and rolled his eyes when the drink was swiped. “A bit of both, I suppose. I knew you’d find me eventually but I also knew you would be easy enough to find with how loud you are.” He grinned as he stole his own drink back after teasing his friend and purposely enjoyed a nice long swig.

“I did. Mylo and T’ryn were meeting with Madiquel and a group of girls and I had no interest in dealing with that.” He sometimes wondered if he had a bigger ego than Misharan or if they were about on par. He knew he was attractive and felt like a group of teenage girls would be all over him and he was not into that idea. Yes, attention could be nice but only when he wanted it and his quick glance of the group told him he wasn’t interested in flirting with any of them.

He rolled his eyes again but gave a small smile when Misharan questioned his love and tried to be all cute with his muffled words. “Yeah, sure, love, hugs, missing you, and all of that,” he said it in his usual dry tone when he was joking around but Misharan knew him well enough to know that he was actually joking around and not being a dick. To be fair, it was kind of hard to tell most times when people didn’t know him well enough. He slid his half-empty mug back over to Misharan and flagged Quilriana down, holding up two fingers to indicate how many drinks he wanted.

When she came with the desired drinks, he paid, thanked her, and slid one over to Misharan as well. “See how much I care?” Grabbing his own mug, Kordiavis clinked it against one of Misharan’s in a small cheers. To what? Did it matter? Kordiavis just did it to acknowledge them drinking together.

“So, how many new friends have you made already today?”

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair
Ashy blonde hair that is almost always straight. He used to keep it a bit longer, but clips it shorter after moving to the Weyr.

Threads

“You’re so sweet, Kordi,” Misharan teased, “deciding not to break all those poor girls’ hearts by your mere existence. What a sacrifice you made for their wellbeing.” Not a sacrifice at all, by even the loosest meaning of the word, since Kordiavis had little to no interest in groups of strangers that expected something from him. Honestly, Misha was pretty sure the only reason Kordi had originally tolerated him was because he already liked Mylorah, and Mylo liked Misha so he was given a chance by association. Which he greatly appreciated, and by some miracle Kordiavis ended up actually liking him well enough to continue their friendship. No complaints from Misharan — Kordi’s antisocial tendencies just meant there was more of his time for Misha.

With a smug grin Misha took the mug, knowing it was proof that Kordiavis had in fact missed him. He downed the rest of the drink quickly — Kordi had a head start on him, after all — and cheerfully took the new mug from the serving woman, thanking her in chorus with Kordiavis.

“I am worth a drink and a half, truly you must love me,” he laughed, giving Kordi a very pleased smile. With Kordiavis, it really did mean he cared. Misharan took a sip of the new drink — was it the same as the last one? He honestly couldn't tell — and considered Kordiavis' question.

“Not really? I’ve gotten to know a few people better, and I think I may have helped an assistant at one of the stalls I was looking at realize he's into men, but I don't think that makes us friends.” Misha laughed, recalling the absolutely stunned look on the young man's face. He’d taken to glancing over at Misharan every few seconds the entire time he was there, and when Misha spoke to him — intentionally to fluster him, asking the price of something he had no intention of buying — the young man barely managed to stumble through the words. Misharan loved it. “Maybe I should track him down again, what do you think?” He grinned, taking another few sips.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

"That doesn't surprise me at all." Of course Misharan had done that. After all, he had helped Kordiavis discover a few things about what he liked as well. Of course Kordiavis had been interested in experimenting anyway given he was living in a Weyr and it was more accepting and if he did Impress, he'd likely end up in bed with men due to Flights win or lost. Casa's beach party and special drink had made him more confident in giving in to the urge to explore when Misharan offered and he hadn't regretted it.

He supposed he always knew he had an interest in men, maybe not as much as women, but it was there and shoved aside. He was raised in Ista Hold, his best friend was the heir, and it was definitely not encouraged to like men in such a way. So he had ignored anything that might have been a crush on Aldra or Tazikel or one or two other Lords' sons that came through, knowing he would be a freak for wondering what kissing them would be like. He'd say thankfully he had an older woman back then that he thought he loved to distract himself from such thoughts but when she became pregnant and their secret affair public it came out that she had been using him for his quasi-status of lordling and he turned her --and their newborn son-- away. Damn. He hadn't thought about either of them in turns and realised the kid would be about seven now assuming he still lived given his mother's poor status and the fires.

"But maybe just walk by his stall later in the day and see if he calls out to you. Don't want to scare him and have him scream or faint with you flirting again," Kordiavis forced himself back to the present before feelings were stirred up with the memories. Seeing Tazikel earlier that day had already done enough of that and was partly to blame for him now sitting alone and drinking.

"If that fails, are you looking for anyone else to pick up or just going home to a Telgar lover?" Kordiavis wasn't jealous in the slightest that his currently only male lover had a long list of men to turn to. Even if they lived full time in the same Weyr, though Kordiavis had a feeling he'd demand more of Misharan's time if that happened. But talking about his friend's love life was a lot nicer than thinking about his own past life and while he wasn't as big into gossip as Misharan and Mylorah were, he did enjoy it and suspected he'd get some good scoops now.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

“You’re right, don’t want to overwhelm him. Though really, what better chance for Holders to explore their unrealized attractions than a Gather crawling with Weyrfolk?” Misharan laughed, scooting over on the bench so he was a little closer to Kordiavis, their shoulders bumping together. He knew Kordiavis understood the merchant’s assistant’s situation, and as much as they joked about it with each other, they both knew how hard it could be. Misha sometimes felt Kordi had it a little easier growing up in a Hold, since his friend liked women too, seemed, even, to prefer women considering Misharan was pretty sure he was the only man Kordi had been with (Flattering, but it had been a full turn and could he really be the only man Kordiavis was into? Did he have higher standards for men? Misha had no idea, and it confused him). And of course, thinking that sort of thing wasn’t fair to Kordi - it wasn’t easier, just different - and it made Misharan feel like an asshole. With a sigh, he hooked his ankle around Kordi’s, wanting to hug him properly but trying to be at least a little subtle.

“When am I not looking for someone to pick up?” he asked with a dramatic eye-roll, taking another long sip of his drink. Misharan was well aware he was a total whore, and he loved it. Loved it. Fuck whatever sense of shame people thought he should have. All his closest friends supported him, too, which was a pretty good standard for identifying who his real friends were, really. Though sometimes Misha liked spending time with people who looked down on him for how much sex he had, so he could use it to make them uncomfortable, or, if it was someone who wanted to sleep with him, it could make things interesting. People like Kordiavis were definitely best though.

“I’m always open to any opportunity that arises, so we’ll see what the day brings. Though I do know whose bed I’ll end up in if no one else catches my attention,” Misha said smugly. Not that he didn’t like trying new people, but he loved having a few reliable favorites. “Why, you offering?” he drawled, slinging an arm around Kordiavis’ shoulder and pressing them even closer together. Praise beer tents and their ability to make people assume he was drunk, not gay (he was close to approaching the first and very decidedly the second).

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

"No, I am not offering. This time at least," he added to soften the blow of rejection though his not pulling away from the arm around him should have been enough. Misharan was fascinating in his own way with how confident he was and how unabashed he was with his flirting and sleeping around. It wasn't that Kordiavis was a prude and if he wanted to, he could be just as flirty and outgoing, but there was never a need. He was attractive and people came to him and it was easy enough to pick someone out of the crowd if he was in the mood for a fling. Usually he wasn't though. Thanks to being burned in love once, Kordavis kept a distance from that emotion and looked for people that seemed to understand that as well for hook ups. He also wasn't looking to whore himself out like Casa, and though they joked about it, Kordiavis didn't view Misharan on the same level as the slutty goldrider.

"When are you coming down to Ista?" The Hatching was getting closer which meant the Touching would likely be within the week. Misharan would have to be down in time for that if he wanted to Stand. Of course there was also just the possibility that he maybe missed his friend and wanted to spend more time with him that didn't involve sitting in a warm beer tent with strangers. "We're down a roomie if you're interested," since the last Hatching, some shuffling of the rooms took place and some bunks opened up in his room. Another would be open if he moved in with his mother like he was originally offered but he'd rather sleep with a group of men he didn't like, or even out in the Bowl with only a blanket and the stars above him, then wonder what mood his mom would be in and if he would be loved or hated that day.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Misha sighed dramatically, resting his head on Kordiavis’ shoulder. “Oh, my heart, how will I ever recover from this slight?” he asked, accompanied by an eye roll. Theatrics done for the moment, he unwrapped himself from Kordiavis enough so that he could sip his drink without spilling it all over either of them. Kordi wasn’t in the mood, that was fine. Misharan had plenty of other options, and besides, he’d be in Ista soon and have plenty of Kordi time.

“Uh, two days, maybe? Gather ends tomorrow, and then a day to recover from the hangover and whatever else, then after that. It’s not like I have a whole lot to pack up.” Given the frequency with which he moved around the Weyrs, Misharan didn’t have a whole lot of luggage. True, he had a lot of tiny things he’d picked up over time, but those were easy to store and easy to move. They all fit in that standard issue trunk Candidates got. Okay, some of his clothes were just tossed under the bed sometimes, but those were easy to throw in a back and move.

He perked up at the confirmation that Kordiavis’ room had a vacant bed. Perfect, more time to spend with his friend. “So you are offering, just in two days,” Misha teased, deeply amused with himself. “And I certainly am interested, that bed has my name on it. If someone else tries to take it, fight them off for me.”

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

Of course Misharan was planning for a hangover and 'whatever else'. His friend didn't do anything in moderation to begin with but with a Gather and plenty of new people to meet and corrupt? Kordiavis wondered if it would actually be two days or maybe closer to three or four. "You're ridiculous," he said with a chuckle and took another sip of his drink.

Sometimes he wondered what it would be like to be that free and no longer care about being judged. But then he'd think further on it and realise he already was like that. Kordiavis didn't give a damn anymore about how others viewed him and thanked his mother's mood flipping so much that he was usually told he wasn't wanted or was a disappointment. He stopped trying to please her long ago and didn't care if people thought he was cold or acting above his station. He was who he was. But he was a bit more reserved than Misharan which was what made it seem like there was a huge difference in the way they lived. Of course, with the right people and sometimes with too much alcohol, he was as loud and bubbly as his friend, but Kordiavis liked keeping that faucet of himself a secret to most.

"Ask again in two days and find out," he smirked, setting his drink down on the table and proceeding to roll the cup between his palms. "And I guess having you as a roommate is worth throwing down for if I absolutely have to." He doubted that would come to pass. Either he'd glare at the Candidate stupid enough to try taking that bed or just mentioning it was on reserve for the fairly well-loved Misharan would do the trick.

His hands still but he continued to hold the cup as he stared at the liquid within. He had a lot on his mind thanks to seeing Tazikel again which brought up old memories and crushes. He was also now thinking about the Hatching that Mylorah and Misharan had convinced him to Stand for but he still didn't think it was a good idea. His mother had certainly told him how it wasn't a good idea and how Casa and Thallyath should be ashamed of that Flight--but Kordiavis was pretty sure Casa didn't know the definition of that word.

"Are you sure you want to come for this Hatching?" There were so many reasons why they should all avoid it but his friends were intent on Standing and apparently he was as well. Still, maybe he could try to convince Misharan not to or at least hear a good reason as to why he would still Stand despite the blue sire and six eggs.

Sh'ran
of Blue Dyoricath

Date of Birth
19.01.717, 28
Height
6'1"
Eyes
Dark hazel
Build
Pretty boy
Hair

Threads

Misharan winked at being called ridiculous, agreeing with the assessment. He was ridiculous, and it was a lot of fun. And, most of the time, it made other people happy too, which was a nice bonus. Yes, Misha liked being ridiculous. Even so, he wasn’t incapable of being serious, and when Kordiavis brought up the impending Hatching, Misharan pursed his lips, trying to think of a good way to answer.

“Of course I’m sure. I always go to Hatchings, and it’s a good reason to come visit you and Mylo, and I want to support my friends whose dragons are the Clutch parents. Besides, what if I decided to stay in Telgar and then a dragonet went between without Impressing? I’d always worry that they had been looking for me, you know? I know it’s stupid, but I’d still think it.” Misha shrugged. He was pretty sure that wasn’t how Impression worked, but what if it was? No one could be sure, and he didn’t want to risk a baby dragon surviving because of some dumb reason of his. “I don’t have any illusions about Hatchings, you know,” Misha said, the hand not currently on Kordiavis briefly reaching up to ghost over his shoulder. His shirt was unbuttoned enough that the start of some of his scars from the gold Hatchling who went on a rampage the turn before were just visible. He knew very well how Hatchings could end, and was endlessly thankful she hadn’t touched his pretty face (or killed him, but he needed to be light and glib about these things most of the time). And that wasn’t even the only Hatching he’d seen fellow Candidates die at, though it was so far the only one he’d been hurt at himself.

“I think it’s worth it,” he told Kordiavis, tightening the arm around him reassuringly.

Kor'is
of Blue Taith

Date of Birth
21.03.716, 28
Height
5'11
Eyes
Brown
Build
Average
Hair
Blonde, short

Threads

“And I think you’re crazy and apparently so am I for going along with this,” Kordiavis shook his head sadly at how his emotions were getting him into trouble again. He trusted a woman once and it landed him in a scandal with a child he refused to claim. Now he was going to Stand at a clutch he didn’t think should exist that was also becoming the centre of debates for multiple reasons. He didn’t want to have to deal with either side, wishing he had for once not taken a stance and just ignored the entire thing.

“Look, I get your reasons but I still want to sit you down with my mother for five minutes to have her change your mind.” He stopped fiddling with his cup and turned to face Misharan full on, sliding one leg over the bench to straddle it more comfortably. “I have a bad feeling about this clutch, Mishi. Nothing good can come from a clutch that isn’t constantly celebrated from conception onward.”

They were out in the open and they had rules to follow that day but when did he ever actually follow such things? He took Misharan’s hand in his and stared intently at the man’s face before finally leaning in and kissing lips he knew well to wordlessly explain his fears. He hated how much he cared for this man and their energetic friend Mylorah. One day one of them would cause him to suffer, he was sure of it. His entire existence dictated that would constantly happen to him.

Kordiavis broke from the kiss seconds later and reached for his drink which he chugged the rest of, needing a bit of a cool down, but it didn’t do much more than spur him on. “You know, you sharing my room is actually pretty far away and I really need a deeper connection with you right now. Maybe some hot and heavy petting behind, I don’t know, a tree or a dragon?” Fuck it, all the rules were bullshit and Kordiavis wasn’t lying. Seeing Tazikel again had stirred up weird emotions and memories and bringing up the Hatching hadn’t helped. He was worried and knew he had a right to be and suddenly just needed to be with Misharan to alleviate some of those fears and pent up sexual frustration and give in to the desire his friend liked to stir up with their flirting.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)