World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Emotional Hangover [B'jin]

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
This was familiar and comfortable territory. Flirting and having a carefree conversation with someone, even with the man he used to avoid doing such things with, came naturally and R’nd didn’t feel like he was walking on egg shells. While he appreciated their brush against serious topics earlier, he was glad to be away from a repeat. There was, and undoubtedly always would be, that desire to know more about B’jin and find out what made him tick whether it was good or bad but R’nd knew his friend would continue to skirt around the edge of every attempt just as much as he knew he wasn’t in any shape that day to pursue deep thinking or attempt to find the right question or phrase to show he was genuinely interested or concerned and meant no harm. B’jin said he wasn’t afraid of him and R’nd had no reason to doubt the man that didn’t seem capable of lying and getting away with it. For now, he’d just have to leave B’jin to battle old demons himself until he wanted the back-up.

“A blessing when it concerns my clothing, a shame when it concerns yours,” R’nd grinned wickedly, implying the need to strip and once again revealing that a naked B’jin was indeed a welcomed sight. Of course R’nd had nothing against being naked himself though he really did prefer his clothing to come out of the encounter intact. So far, the record wasn’t as unblemished as he preferred. “Though I imagine charcoal is also easier to clean off of skin which I haven’t decided is a good thing or not,” the clean up that followed their fun with paints was something that left even Ayyonth confused as to what the purpose was behind coating each other in colourful paints only to then immediately help clean each other. R’nd had been a tad disappointed in his blue that should have known by that point in their relationship what a little foreplay could lead to and chalked it up to too many kids climbing on him having addled the usually clever mind.

Making sure not to loosen the hold hands had found their way into being again, R’nd rose to his feet so he could easily lips that seemed, for the most part, to be devoid of charcoal smudges. It was a short and playful kiss that signified the mood he was slipping into, though his head did still throb a bit now and then but he was a much happier bluerider now than he had been hours before. R’nd shifted again to return to his place standing behind the chair and let his fingers dance over B’jin’s hand as he also repositioned the way they held hands so he could lean down and in to give a hug from behind without letting go.

His chin soon dropped to a shoulder and he remained quiet for a moment before touching back upon the topic of going North. It wasn’t entirely a fun and flirtatious topic but R’nd didn’t think it was deep into the well of seriousness either. “I might be interested in a trip North with you two… if the weyrleader approves. I have a feeling I may be labelled as a troublemaker to be watched right now,” just because he was likely the reason B’jin gave attitude to D’ren in the Square, the fuss that happened the night he wouldn’t explain his black eye, his black eye in general, and who knew what else he had done lately that irritated the bronzerider, didn’t mean he was untrustworthy or would flaunt Ayyonth through every hold and hall. Still, it was a long shot and R’nd was still a bit nervous about going North once again. Then again…

Perhaps D’ren would have reason to fear given the idea that hit the devious bluerider as B’jin’s previous statements replayed through his mind. “First, I must say that you did some excellent Searching with Allendris though it’s a shame he already Impressed and to a bronze,” not that a shiny hide would slow R’nd down. It simply meant there would likely be more of a challenge in seducing that man to bed, but that was a thought for a turn or so from now. The main idea right then was a bit riskier, “I’ve never been to Harper Hall… or anywhere outside of Benden’s jurisdiction actually, but I could visit and spy for you to see what your old colleagues are up to.” He could also see what the Hall thought about the missing Harpers if he wanted to be a good bluerider and assist the weyrleader but R’nd was far more interested in the fun scenario of playing spy which he knew would never come to pass.

Ayyonth considered Larrikith’s question, ignoring her gentle teasing, especially since he fully believed she wanted to laze in the sunlight as much as he did. Could he between from the ground? He’d never tried, truth be told. Would Larrikith think less of him for admitting that and the reason why? He didn’t think so but still he hesitated, unsure if the older dragon would think less of him for not being more daring. I’ve never tried since I never wanted to put R’nd in danger and found no reason to attempt it until now. Now, surrounded by tall trees without a clear path over head or enough room to spread his wings wide, Ayyonth found himself wondering if such a trick would become a necessity more often in the future. If he continued to spend time with Larrikith, it likely would be!

The clearing should be large enough for me to take off but I’m willing to try from here. If I aim for above the lake’s surface, it should be much safer than solid land, right? Ayyonth understood the dangers of going between from too close to the ground but he felt there was logic behind his theory and that’d come out okay. If not, he had the comfort in knowing R’nd was safely out of harm’s way and B’jin was there to comfort him. Of course there was still the chance he could strain a wing before even winking out of existence as well but to think of failure before even trying was for pitiful losers. Ayyonth had full confidence he would succeed.

Again he tested the space he was given and felt it would do and with a quick glance to his little green friend, Ayyonth signalled his attempt.I’ll meet you there! He brought up an image of the lake and focused specifically on the water he liked swimming in with and without R’nd or Kerrin. Once satisfied he had a good grasp on it, Ayyonth winked between and came out just inches above the cool water with his wings unfurling completely now that he had the space and catching himself with only his paws breaking the water’s surface. A success if he ever saw one!

Ayyonth’s relief was as great as R’nd’s confusion. The rider had no idea what the dragon was up to thanks to a good effort in blocking but R’nd felt the emotions clear enough all the same and worried a bit about what the dragons were getting up to. He had stiffened during Ayyonth’s stunt but now that his bonded seemed satisfied and more himself once more, R’nd relaxed against B’jin once more.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

Written By: ThistleProse
B'jin smirked in response to the simple statement R'nd made, deeply amused both by the implications and the past events their current situation was being compared to. The greenrider had very much enjoyed that particular day, and while he wasn't quite sure where he'd found courage to be so forward (or so blatantly rude to D'ren) B'jin was quite happy with the over all outcome. After all, that day was a solid chunk of why he was currently wrapped in the attentions of R'nd, and it was ever a delightful place to be! B'jin's lips twisted into a playful smile as R'nd stole a kiss, though his reaction did nothing to object and his eyes were bright with amusement as he tilted his head, watching R'nd rearrange himself.

B'jin leaned his cheek lightly against R'nd's when the other man's chin dropped to his shoulder, soaking in the easy companionship and relaxed silence. He smiled slightly as R'nd returned to the topic of the North, and gave a soft snort at the other's worry he was labelled a trouble maker. While B'jin wasn't really in amongst all the talk between D'ren and S'kef, he was kept at least mildly up to date. Mostly because he could sweet talk the bronzerider (much to S'kef's disprovable). He didn't immediately see any outrageous reasoning for R'nd to be with-held from the North, but he did agree that having them go together was probably at the top of both D'ren and S'kef's NOT HAPPENING list. A bummer, but probably understandable, if B'jin wanted to be understanding. Oh, a compliment!

B'jin gave a soft hum of approval at the mentioning of Allendris, and the Impression he had made. "Better bronze than brown." While the greenrider's tone was mild, it was likely too much so, something B'jin himself recognised rapidly and he latched onto the talk of the Harper Hall with both hands and his teeth, intent on steering conversation away from the fact that he both deeply hated and feared brownriders, before R'nd could unearth such information from him. He wasn't normally so careless with his bias against the colour (he'd even gone so far as to bet the pretty glass smith would Impress brown!) and while a few of his fellow greens were aware of it, it wasn't something that was common knowledge.

"Really! Well, I grew up just outside of Lemos, but I was shuttled off to Harper Hall when I was ten because of my voice. I ended up at Telgar Hold as part of my Journey, which is how I ended up at the Weyr to Impress Larrikith." He gave R'nd a cocky wink. "Would have had my Masters within a couple of turns, too, if I hadn't agreed to record that Hatching." His eyes clouded for a moment, that particular part of his Journey had been bad followed by worse, leading into horrible, but he shook it off and smiled cheerfully. "But those aren't particularly unknown or fun facts." His smile turned teasing, wondering if R'nd remembered the question he'd posed. Eyes bright, and smile both genuine and open, B'jin invited R'nd to quiz him if he so desired; while B'jin was quick to side step those that struck close to home, if he could twist it into an amusing tale, he was quite happy to share just about anything about himself someone could think to ask.

Ayyonth? Ayyonth! Wait! Larrikith's voice started out questioning, slightly amused as the blue appeared to be considering the options. She was proud and encouraged that he was willing to try her trick, and was in agreement that trying it over the top of water would be the best way for a first time. Larrikith, however, had been prepared to play more of a roll in guiding him. Such as approving the image he used, and the distance he put between himself and the ground, before actually encouraging the younger dragon to make the jump. Instead, one moment her companion was beside her, and the next she was standing in the clearing by herself.

Larrikith gave a shriek as Ayyonth vanished between, her sudden horror radiating through to B'jin. The blue hadn't even shown her the image he was using! How could she make sure he didn't drown himself?! What if he came out too high, and broke a wing?! He'd die. R'nd would die. B'jin would kill her! Frozen in terror, Larrikith stood with her own wings half unfurled as she waited to feel Ayyonth reappear ... There! Her eyes flashed into deep, hot furious shades and she vanished between herself, reappearing several lengths above the far too smug blue.

ARE YOU INSANE? YOU STUPID IDIOT! Her mind voice was screeching, high pitched in her a wild fury fed by a very obvious horror and fear. She wasn't censoring the emotions that were rolling off her small body, mostly a hot combination of fear, tinted with relief that Ayyonth was okay. Unfortunately for the young blue, Larrikith did not like being frightened, and as a result, her fear had turned into a furious rage and she shook with the adrenaline the two emotions had pumping through her before she spun on a wing-tip and landed gently on the lake's edge.

Shaking visibly as she came down off the emotional high, Larrikith stood trembling in the sunshine, looking totally out of it as she stared at nothing, gaze lost over the wavering blue of the shifting water. You could have killed yourself, Larrikith whispered, her voice as trembly as her body. She'd guided others through the process of betweening from the ground before. She'd never had one that just did it without guidance though. She was acutely aware that that was exactly what she herself would have done, in the blue's place... and that did not reassure her in the slightest.

"Wow," B'jin murmured softly, slightly dazed. "Your dragon invokes the most amazing responses in Larrikith." He twisted around and kissed R'nd lightly as he felt the other man relax against him. Whatever the two dragons were up to, knowing was definitely not a priority. Would never be a priority. B'jin's lips twitched slightly, in worried amusement. Be careful, please.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd still had no idea what Ayyonth had done as the blue beast was doing all he could to keep everything blocked from him. It was a little worrying but R’nd was willing to let it go and chalk it up to the two dragons goofing around together and it wasn’t anything too serious. At least that was the plan until B’jin reacted to something Larrikith did. R’nd felt the shame Ayyonth was giving off and could only imagine the sassy green had just yelled at him for something but since B’jin wasn’t upset or inclined to seek out the dragons, R’nd followed suit, leaving Ayyonth to his own problems and stole a kiss of his own when B’jin attempted to end his. “Like dragon, like rider?” R’nd teased softly when their lips parted once more. He knew the greenrider invoked the most amazing responses in him but he liked the ones B’jin gave as well!

This could almost be counted as a new experience for R’nd, though contrary to the rumours, he wasn’t all about sex and felt he was rather good at other areas of entertaining and making his lovers feel special. Yet, the moment they were caught up in with cuddling, playful kisses, and sharing facts while looking through B’jin’s artwork seemed almost too intimate and relaxed. That didn’t mean he was inclined to change it, compelled by some unknown force to simply enjoy what he was given and not over think anything. So that’s what he would do! His slightly clearer mind was also slightly sharper and R’nd brought back to mind the conversation they were just having before dragons acted up. The soft laugh he gave may have seemed out of the blue given the shift in their topics but R’nd was quick to follow up with a comment, showing that he did remember the question he had asked before falling back into dream land. “While not exactly new or fun facts, I’ll take them for now so you can have some more time to think of something amazing to share.”

If B’jin thought he was fidgety, R’nd wondered what that made him as he almost reluctantly let go of his friend to slip back to the table and lean against the edge. He liked being close to the man but he liked seeing his expressions and reactions as well and R’nd wondered what his next question would invoke. “Would it upset you at all if I said I know how important earning masters is but I’m glad Larrikith Impressed you when she did?” There was an underlying comment in there about being glad they were able to meet and form such a friendship but for some reason R’nd couldn’t find the words. Was he afraid to say it? He wasn’t sure why he would be but made no attempts to say anything further, hoping B’jin would pick up on it and understand; or better yet, agree.

I know, Ayyonth whispered his understanding of the situation as he ducked his head in shame for causing Larrikith to get so riled up and yell at him. It was never any fun to get a scolding or to anger a friend and Ayyonth was further upset with himself for causing such a reaction in a friend he respected so much. Perhaps that was part of the problem. He hadn’t wanted to disappoint the green that was older with far more experience, not to mention her sarcastic streak that likely would never let him live it down if he couldn’t do it and had to slink back to a wider opening to take off. Much like R’nd, and Ayyonth fully blamed his rider for the new care he had for such a silly thing, he didn’t want to be a disappointment to Larrikith and so he had thrown caution to the wind and ignored everything that they had been taught in weyrling classes – classes they had helped teach at times! If his clutchmates saw him now, Ayyonth suspected some would be amazed but others would be scandalized and joining the feisty green in yelling at him.

With slow flapping of his wings, Ayyonth stayed above the water, mentally berating himself and a bit afraid to go to Larrikith. A part of him wanted to dive into the water and act like nothing was wrong but he knew he couldn’t get away with that and given how rattled he was, despite the small sense of pride in succeeding, he didn’t trust himself in the water just yet and wanted nothing more than to curl up on the sand with Larrikith and return to their nice day alone together.

Ever so slowly, Ayyonth moved to the shoreline where Larrikith had settled and landed on the sand not too far from her. I’m sorry, Larrikith, his mind voice was still soft and while his head hung low once more, Ayyonth glanced up, showing his eyes swirling with his distress and remorse. I… I think it was beginner’s luck. I’m not sure I’ll try it again.I never would have tried that with R’nd and I didn’t mean to scare you. He was a proud dragon and Ayyonth wasn’t one to easily admit to a mistake but Larrikith deserved it and he found he meant everything he said. Cautiously, he reached his head out to his little green friend but didn’t nuzzle her, leaving that decision up to Larrikith.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin's light smile against R'nd's kiss became an impish grin when the younger man spoke his teasing words, amused. He didn't actually answer, however, simply kissed R'nd on the nose and settled back into his seat, watching. The soft sound of laughter caused a slightly raised eyebrow as B'jin cast questioning brown eyes on his friend, wondering what had sparked the amusement. Understanding lowered them again, and a slight smile tilted the corner of B'jin's lips at the cheerful words. He winked playfully as R'nd settled himself against the table's edge, neither promising nor denying the revelation of more interesting tidbits about himself in the future.

With R'nd offering a bigger bubble of personal space once more, B'jin pulled both his legs up onto the seat, curling one under himself and wrapping his arms around the upraised knee of the other, and resting his chin on his knee. Comfortable, and at ease, R'nd's dual toned question caught him by surprise, and B'jin blinked as he considered what was asked, perhaps with far more seriousness than R'nd had intended. He could see what the bluerider was insinuating - that without the spunky green dragon as a catalyst, there was no way B'jin would be sitting before him as he was. Quite likely, he'd probably be some grey haired old master with no voice left (that was a rather horrifying thought) or he'd be dead. That was much less horrifying, but B'jin was slightly wary of how accepting he was of that idea. It was, he decided, mostly the deeply unpleasant idea of actually looking his age. B'jin was not nearly as visibly vain as his fellow riders, though in reality he was extremely proud of both his body and his appearance. Being old was an incredibly unappealing prospect. A long jump between was far more appealing! But he'd keep such ideas to himself.

Brown eyes shifting over R'nd's features with the same calm seriousness, B'jin's lips pursed slightly as he considered his wording carefully. "It wasn't just the loss of my Masters, though that made me very angry." He had been such an arrogant young man, it shamed him to remember how he'd refused to acknowledge Larrikith as a creature with any intelligence for two months; had called her anything but her name and ignored her at every moment he could - there were pale scars from cracked hide in places, though her pretty colour hid most of them, not that anyone ever looked that close anyway. Besides, the scars from her flights were far more eye catching. At any rate, his attitude hadn't reflected well on their bond, which was more about keeping things from one another than it was sharing. He didn't remember when he'd started calling her by name, or why.

"I was a mess when she chose me." His eyes were haunted, but B'jin didn't elaborate. "Our bond is..." He struggled for a moment, one hand fidgeting with the material of his pants at his knee, and a frown drawing his eyebrows together. "She knows as much about who I am as you do." A slight pause. "Less, likely." And she lived in his head. Not that she could access anything with all the mental walls, doors and blocks he hadn't even known he'd put in place, until it was far too late to change the habit. Shaking his head, B'jin realised he'd gone and jumped feet first back into Deep And Serious, and he grimaced at R'nd, looking apologetic as he shook his head again, brushing a hand over his face. "I'm sorry." He needed to be more careful; he really didn't want to upset his friend with stories so old there was nothing that could be done to change their tune.

There was still something to be said, however, and the greenrider met his friend's eyes, locking to the grey and allowing a small smile to flicker over his lips, gaze warm. "Occasionally, she diminishes the horror she brings into my life, with a beautiful ray of sunshine." His tone took on a gentle, sincere note as he spoke and he arched an eyebrow at his friend. He adored R'nd, and greatly enjoyed their time together. But even his spirited, attractive friend wasn't bright enough to outshine the ghosts lurking in the shadows of his life. His ability to make B'jin forget, for a small amount of time, was more than the greenrider would have hoped for. Par'a, too, was someone with that gentle, positive power. His life would be much less, without either of them in it. So while he would prefer to have never Impressed, B'jin was openly and honestly pleased with where he had ended up - he just wished he could say with complete honesty it had been worth it. Maybe one day it would be.

Larrikith turned wide, swiftly spinning eyes on Ayyonth as he stopped just before her, and she stared at him in a slightly glassy way, as if she wasn't really seeing him entirely. The little dragon was in a mild state of shock, and seemed unsure how to respond to the words the young blue offered her. She hadn't meant to frighten him out of trying it again... had she? Her eyes blinked slowly, and she watched as the blue nose extended toward her ever so slowly. She didn't give him the chance to touch her, or to stop before he did so; as soon as she consciously realised his movement, she'd stepped forward. Pressing her round, green body to his, the little dragon nuzzled gently at Ayyonth's shoulder, expelling a pent up sigh.

I know. It was murmured quietly, her acknowledgement of his appology, of his distress and his promise to not do it again. She didn't want him to not try again, for it was a useful trick and even if he had only done so on beginners luck, that meant he could. But she was unwilling to ever consider trying to coach him through it again, while her ichor was still pounding through her veins and it was all she could do to separate herself from B'jin so that he couldn't pick up on her emotions, or her thoughts. He was much better at blocking her than she was him, but she did her best and was unaware of his own blocks in progress at his end.

Pulling away from Ayyonth and the snugly draconic hug she had initiated, Larrikith sat down primly and peered up at him, her eyes taking on a happier, more sparky colour as she tilted her head. Her voice, too, was more upbeat and her own than it had been previously, when she spoke. Where is your favourite sunning spot? She didn't really want to go in the lake yet; she was still chilled from between, and the fright she had received. Sunning sounded magnificent, though... so long as Ayyonth didn't mind a complete lack of his own personal space; Larrikith was still too high strung from her scare, and while she was sitting royally before him with all the arrogance and assurance that was commonly seen on the little green, she didn't feel any of it.

[sup]...A nice little tag for you :|[/sup]

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 750 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

B’jin was developing a knack for throwing R’nd off balance whether he knew it or not. Normally, R’nd felt like he was in control and handled conversations and situations fairly well when it came to interacting with most anyone yet this one particular greenrider curled up on his chair left him baffled and floundering at times. The night before at the celebration invoked new feelings R’nd hadn’t thought he possessed and he still wasn’t sure how to accurately label them. Earlier that day had seen them have a serious discussion that left the bluerider still a little confused about his own feelings as he learned what topics were safe and what he had to resist asking more about in order to keep from frightening his friend away. Now, however, R’nd realized he shouldn’t have said his own stance on Larrikith’s Impression. He often forgot that not everyone, even before the plague, wanted to be Searched or to become a dragonrider. B’jin loved his chosen path and like so many of the Northerners brought South now, he had been plucked from what he knew and wanted and forced into a new life without a choice.

Before he had a chance to counter with his own apologies, B’jin continued with a sweet compliment which made for a smiling bluerider. R’nd had a feeling that B’jin still wasn’t telling full stories and being completely honest with him but considering his friend couldn’t really lie, it was enough for him. “Don’t apologise, B’jin. I’m the one that’s sorry.” R’nd wasn’t sure how much B’jin knew about his past or if it was even wise to say anything more on the sensitive subject and the moment of confusion that flashed in grey eyes spoke of his hesitation. Finally, the decision to continue his little piece of insight into his former life was made, “my father’s the lord of a minor sea-hold and I was expected to follow in his footsteps, fishing from sunrise to sunset. While I’m grateful for the skill given the turns since being Searched, that wasn’t the life for me and being Searched presented new opportunities.”

R’nd was a friendly man that loved chatting with people but he rarely spoke of his family and doing so now made him feel a bit embarrassed and even self-conscience, though he wouldn’t be able to explain why. He hadn’t seen his family in over ten turns and likely never would see them again. He was also one of the odd non-riders that had gone South with a dragonrider which had made interacting with the original Stolen difficult so he had learned not to bring up his past in great detail. He knew B’jin wouldn’t judge him but still R’nd glanced away to stare at the drawings he was still amazed were for him.

Relief flooded through Ayyonth as Larrikith seemed to forgive him for his rash decision to tempt fate by gambling with his life. He nuzzled the tiny form brushing up against him and barely refrained from pulling out a line that R’nd would have used in such a situation with that question posed to him. He had no doubts that Larrikith would find the answer ‘here is now my favourite place’ amusing under normal circumstances, he decided not to push his luck more than he already had that day and went with the honest answer. That flat rock at the edge over there, Ayyonth indicated the area in question with a nod of his head before stepping back to give himself room to stretch out his wings once more.

There should be room for us both, it may be a tight fit but Ayyonth decided they could fit if they snuggled close given their smaller sizes. He was unaware of that being Larrikith’s intentions regardless but as Ayyonth took off for the rock in question, he realized he looked forward to curling up beside her once more. He had taken a liking to doing exactly that in her little room when R’nd was visiting B’jin and after the fright he had given them both, it seemed like a wonderful idea to nap in the sun together, reassuring him of their friendship. As he settled on the rock, Ayyonth reached out to check out R’nd, satisfied he was still with B’jin though a little confused over his bonded’s confusion. Deciding he wasn’t that interested in R’nd’s latest mental freak out, Ayyonth withdrew once more and waited for Larrikith to join him.

B'jin
of Green Larrikith

Date of Birth
23.06.683 AL, 61
Height
5'9
Eyes
Brown
Build
Sturdy, softly fit
Hair
Blonde, Silver

Threads

B'jin gave R'nd a dry look, waving off his apology with a flick of his hand and a roll of his eyes, amusement touching his actions. He didn't see any need for, or feel it was worth an apology. Why should his friend apologise for something he hadn't known about? B'jin gave him an amused shake of his head, but fell still when the bluerider began speaking, listening with obvious curiosity as R'nd offered his hesitant information. "I should think so!" B'jin replied, eyes widening as he peered up at R'nd. "Fishing is boring!" His expression mellowed, and B'jin smiled gently up at R'nd, rising as he caught the grey eyed gaze that looked so remarkably unsure on a face normally filled with self confidence. "I am not so bitter, dear," he murmured, arms slipping around R'nd's waist as he stepped into his friend's space. "That I cannot appreciate the fact that other's enjoy that which I do not." A statement built to cover any worries R'nd might have about the greenrider's opinion on anything in or about R'nd's life: if it made his pretty grey-eyed friend happy and caused no harm, then B'jin could see no reason to cause a fuss about it.

Still smiling lightly, B'jin kissed the tip of R'nd's nose and tossed him a wink, even as he slipped delicately away and brought his own hands to himself. Picking up the empty mug from the table, B'jin indicated the smaller pile of the two remaining mountains of artwork. "Those are unfinished, but you're welcome to pick out the ones you like. I'll get them back to you when they're done." He was mostly into the kitchenette as he tossed back over his shoulder, "They need some colour!" and dumped the empty mug in the sink with the scattering of other mugs and plates. He eyed the collection for a moment, wondering if he should offer to wash them (or just do so, considering he was pretty sure R'nd would fuss about it if he did offer) but decided against it. He'd help R'nd if he wanted help, later. But it was far too weird a day to add menial chores to it, too.

Coming back out of the kitchenette to see R'nd going through the mentioned pile of art, B'jin slipped quietly (but not completely silently, he didn't want to startle the man) up behind R'nd and wrapped his arms tightly around his chest, pressing up against him and burying his face between the other man's shoulder blades. He held the pose for several heartbeats, before puffing out a sigh down R'nd's bare back and lifting his head with a soft chuckle. A line of butterfly kisses lead their way up R'nd's back as B'jin stood up on his toes, resting his chin gently on the bluerider's shoulder and peered coyly at him out of the corner of his eyes, eyebrow arching teasingly. "You need a bath," B'jin purred, voice soft and deep as he breathed against R'nd's ear and his tight hug relaxed and released as his hands slid down the length of the other man's torso to rest delicately above his pant line.

Larrikith stood up royally and peered in the direction her blue friend indicated, and followed his example, extending her wings wide and full, feeling both the gentle breeze and the warmth of the weak sun brushing against them. To be alive! Quivering slightly and turning it into a full body shake, Larrikith tucked her wings back up and watched as Ayyonth headed in that direction. Deciding it wasn't all that far, and the exercise would 'do her good' (as B'jin too often said) Larrikith gave her tail a twitch and trotted after her friend, humming to herself as she went, her good mood swiftly coming back as she became more assured of Ayyonth's lack of death

Are you sure? Larrikith's question was belated as she caught up to Ayyonth. Well, it probably would fit too small dragons, but as she peered at the small space doubtfully, Larrikith was pretty sure her young friend had forgotten exactly how wide she was. Giving Ayyonth a dry, questioning look, Larrikith resettled her wings once more and joined the blue dragon on his stone. She managed to make herself comfortable with minimal effort, much to her delight, and curled up close to Ayyonth, nuzzling him with a happy croon before using his leg, once more, as a pillow upon which to rest her head.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd wasn’t sure if he was supposed to be relieved at B’jin’s statement that brushed away apologies and further potential eggshell walking when it sounded like B’jin didn’t overly like his current path in life and simply put up with it. Then again, he was hungover which wasn’t helping the thought processing. He simply needed to stop over-thinking everything and worrying about what issues laid buried deep within his friend and take the words for what they were. He smiled softly, going with actions over speaking since clearly his verbal skills were lacking that day. There was a desire to cradle his hand against B’jin’s cheek in a gentle touch to convey his sorrows, remorse, and how touched he was by the man’s words but the memory of how B’jin had flinched earlier when such an action was taken stilled R’nd’s hand. He liked to think the kiss to his nose was a reward for letting B’jin lead them along and out of the delicate place his own miss-stepped flirting landed them.

As his artistic friend wandered toward the kitchen area, R’nd picked up the small stack of drawings, laughing softly at the explanation for their unfinished state. Perhaps he should invest in some paints despite the hazard they held for his clothing. It would be nice to have something a friend would be interested in using during the odd times they woke first or during a flight R’nd was suddenly whisked away in. He was fairly certain that was why he had so many sheets of parchment. A few sheets were always good to keep in stock in case something needed to be written down, like a message for a non-rider, but there had been one person that liked to rise early to write poems or some such thing. His apartment was fairly sparse with adornments – or, used to be, thanks to B’jin’s assistance – but R’nd did try to have entertainment for all that stopped by.

The last drawing, which was still amazing without colour, was being admired when R’nd heard B’jin return from dropping off or refilling his mug though he hadn’t expected the arms slipping around his chest and a smaller body pressing against his back. While it was unexpected, it didn’t startle the bluerider that set down the drawings and rested his hands on B’jin’s. It truly was a strange morning though the night before wasn’t exactly normal either. But there he was with a man he didn’t think he’d ever have a shot with again after the marvellously flown flight, a man that was friendly enough but also reserved, initiating so much close contact and seeming to be at ease moving around the hut. His mind could boggle over details for the rest of the day but R’nd decided it was far better to ignore the particulars, thank their love of wine for the odd day, and enjoy. The trail of butterfly kisses and sensual spin on a phrase that could also be used as an insult certainly made it easy to go with the philosophy of just enjoying.

When B’jin loosened his hold, R’nd released his which made it easy to manoeuvre around and grab B’jin into a proper embrace. He hadn’t meant to continue his new trend of not talking but the wicked grin R’nd gave in response to the idea of a bath likely conveyed perfectly all the thoughts in his head and whether or not the suggestion agreed with him. Just in case B’jin had even the slightest hint of doubt, R’nd pulled B’jin tight to him and gave a heated kiss that also seemed to rejuvenate his tongue and as it ended, the grin turned into a playful smile, “Rest assured; we are in no danger of me falling asleep under your touch again anytime soon.”

R’nd was happy and Ayyonth found he was as well. It had been a fun day so far from everyone laughing at R’nd’s expense to playing in the forest despite the chance of injury. It was easy enough to overlook his daring, or stupidity as they both knew it to be, and continue on as if it never happened. He was more than willing to do that and it seemed Larrikith was as well. Ayyonth watched Larrikith’s trek over to him with half-lidded eyes as he already started to give in to the desire to nap in the sun. He was pleased she hadn’t left him behind or even protested the rock of choice, though he rumbled with soft laughter as the slight hesitation as she arrived. I’m sure, dear lady.

A few moments later and he had the plump little green snuggling in beside him and once again claiming his limbs as her own to use as she chose. As her head turned a leg into a pillow, Ayyonth rested his own against her warm body that he noted with relief didn’t shake with anger or fear. Another brush against R’nd’s mind showed what their riders were up to and Ayyonth took a moment to let the warm and pleasant emotions wash over him before tuning R’nd out again so they could continue enjoying their time without feeling like they were being spied on. Rest well, Larrikith. It seems our silly humans won’t be in need of us for a while and I for one am in no hurry to move from this place. A quick lick to Larrikith’s nose was given before Ayyonth moved his head back to its comfortable resting place, content with the day.

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)