World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 731.06.06 | Special Occasions Only [Echlerov]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
How weird it was, to be heading to the Weyrling Barracks on business!

I’shan strode away from Ilveriath, who perched close by with interest as his rider headed inside. Ilveriath would have liked to follow and get a good look at the young blue they were visiting, but he decided now was not the time to push such a thing. They were here on business, and while Ilveriath didn’t necessarily understand the intent, he knew it meant a lot to I’shan. I’shan, therefore, would never know Ilveriath’s true feelings on the matter.

The bluerider walked inside and smiled fondly at memories of his own weyrlinghood. Those had been good times. He’d been away from home on a grand adventure, indeed the grandest of his life. He’d enjoyed his two turns at Fort. They were the happiest of his life, cut tragically short by the crises of 215. Visiting the barracks now brought those days back to him, if only as a ghost, and brought a smile to his face.

He sang to himself as he searched the hallways for his intended host. It didn’t take too long to find what he believed was the proper door, at least according to G’rem (though getting the information hadn’t been easy!). It was still early and most of the weyrlings were sill in their barracks. I’shan hoped his estimation was correct and Echlerov would be, as well.

He knocked lightly and clutched the leather bag he held at his side. He hoped this went well.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
Luckily for I'shan, the pair was still in the barracks, and Echlerov was tidying up the room when someone knocked on the door.

He didn't think that he was expecting anyone, and he hadn't done anything yet that would have drawn attention from the weyrling master, so he wasn't really sure who would be dropping in. It was probably just one of the other weyrlings, whose dragons had heard from Pistoth that they were awake, that wanted some company. Couldn't complain about that.

What's that?

"We have a visitor."

Pistoth looked at him curiously. But there is no one else in here?

Echlerov chuckled. "Not in here, at the door, you silly thing."

Oh. You should open it then.

The boy grinned as he opened the door. "Can I help you?" He certainly hadn't expected a rider to be at it, and he couldn't help but wonder what the man wanted.
Code:
[span style="background-color:#e5eff9;"][color=#849BAF]Pistoth[/color][/span]

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Hello, little one Ilveriath said in delicate greeting to the tiny blue, his mind brushing against Pistoth's with great care. Ilveriath wasn't a particularly paternal dragon, but his gentle side was soft towards the young, and his bored side found them a great sense of enjoyment.

I'shan smiled to Echlerov, though his expression was weighed down by the early hour. I'shan was, in some ways, just as lazy as his bonded. He;d never adjusted well to the regimented life of a rider. The fact that he spent only two turns at Fort before his exile didn't help, especially coupled with the lax atmosphere art Katila. As long as he did his work on time, no one cared how late he slept.

Poor weyrlings.

"Good morning," the bluerider said. "I'm I'shan of Ilveriath," he said, his tone courtly if a bit weary. "Are you weyrling Echlerov, of Pistoth?" He paused for half a moment as he retrieved the dragonet's name from Ilveriath.

I'shan's gaze wandered to Pistoth. What a cute little dragon! I'shan's expression brightened immensely as he looked at the creature, which reminded him so much of his own Ilveriath at birth. I'shan knelt down and extended a hand. "And hello to you as well, cutey!" he purred.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Hello! Pistoth chimed back, his eyes whirling in excitement. Someone was talking to him! Are you having a good morning?

Echlerov nodded. "Yes, I'm Echlerov. What can I help you with?" He still couldn't think of what the blue rider would want from him, but that was alright. He was sure that I'shan would get to it eventually, and he certainly couldn't blame him for saying hello to Pistoth.

The little blue nudged the hand that was extended happily. Hello! He wasn't shy about talking to people who weren't his rider, even ones that he didn't know yet, and he spoke happily to I'shan. Did you come here to see me?

Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I am indeed Ilveriath sighed happily. He noticed with amusement just how proper the young blue was being, even though it was still his very first morning alive. Ilveriath didn't clearly recall, but he'd been a perfect lump on his first day. Thank Faranth he had I'shan to perk him up!

I'shan was resisting the urge to squeeze the little blue. He smiled wide and stroked Pistoth's slender neck, eyes eagerly inspecting every inch of the little beast. "Oh...he's so much like my Ilveriath was when he was a baby," I'shan purred, his purpose completely derailed by the charming dragonet. "And so friendly at that! Ilv was very indifferent to everyone when he was a hatchling," he said.

He realized with some embarrassment that he was babbling. Many riders babbled about their dragons when given a chance, though. He smirked and rose back to his feet.

"I'm sorry about that," he said, even though he wasn't sorry at all. He decided to get to the point, now that it was convenient for him. "You're a vintner, correct?" he inquired hopefully. "I...well, a friend of mine was injured on the sands, and I was hoping to barter for something...a bit better quality than our usual fare. Something to cheer him up."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Yay! The young dragon was very pleased by this, by the fact that Ilveriath was having a good morning, and his tail twitched happily.

"You should have seen him right after he hatched. One minute, he was claiming that he had to be fed right then, and then the next, all he wanted to do was go and greet his clutchmates." Silly little creature.

Can I meet Ilveriath? Pistoth asked, aiming his question at both I'shan and Echlerov. Please?

Echlerov chuckled. He didn't think that I'shan would mind at all, if he could judge things by how the other rider had reacted to the little blue. 'We have some business to attend to first, and then, maybe we could manage that."

Well, that made sense. Vinter stuff, of course. He could almost smack himself. "Yeah, I am. What are you looking for? Red, or white?" Red would be better, since he knew that he had a decent bottle of that, one that he had been saving for a special occasion, that he had had with him ever since he had come down from the north. Still, if he did want white, he could do that as well. There were a few tucked out of the way that he could fetch.

"What do you have to barter?" It didn't really matter, not with what I'shan wanted the wine for, but he wasn't about to let the blue rider know that. Someone might think that he actually cared.

I know you care.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath made an immediate executive decision: Pistoth was the cutest thing in the universe. The blue quickly shared his sentiment with his rider, who wholeheartedly agreed.

As cute as you were when YOU were a baby! I'shan squeaked.

If you insist Ilveriath replied, considerably calmer but entirely charmed. If your memories are to be believed, I primarily concerned myself with sleeping on you and eating other peoples' food

Well, yeah. But that was still cute

Ilveriath rumbled and redirected his attention to Pistoth. My rider thinks you are adorable, little one. You should lavish him with attention; if you do so, he will laugh and look quite silly. It would be highly amusing he suggested mirthfully. I'shan was too distracted by the task at hand to pick up on the pulsating mischief coming from his dragon's mind.

"Oh, I'm sure he'd love to meet you, cutey!" I'shan said to Pistoth. He laughed and reached for his bag. "Oh! I'm sorry, I got all distracted again," he said to Echlerov, suddenly sheepish. "Well...Far prefers red, I believe!" Had he known the bottle of red Echlerov had min mind had come with him from the north, I'shan would have been too polite to ask for it.

He reached for his bag and emptied it on the floor, revealing an assortment of leather and clothing items, many taken from the north during the bluerider's searches. "Um, a variety of things," he said cheerfully. "Some riding boots, some nice clothes from the north, a couple iron belt buckles...I have some marks, too. See anything you like?"

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Hooray! He liked the idea of meeting the other blue, it would mean somebody new to play with!

Hurry and finish! He reared back, balancing on his backlegs, and gave I'shan his most pathetic look. Please? He was only able to hold the pose for a moment, and then he tumbled to the floor. I am alright!

Echlerov shook his head, and then turned to see just what I'shan had brought. There was a nice selection of things to trade, and Echlerov looked through picking out a couple of things to decide between. The boots were nice, if they were the right size, but it was an embroidered white shirt that really caught his eye.

He picked it up and looked at it closely, and then grinned. "What do you say to this shirt for my wine?" 
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan watched with utter delight as Pistoth stood onto his hind legs and gave him that adorable imploring look. "Awwwwwwwwwww!" I'shan squealed joyously. It only became cuter when the little blue flopped backwards onto the floor, only to announce moments later that everyone was all right. I'shan bounced a bit.

"Oh, he's so cute! He's the cutest little blue I've ever seen!" Ilveriath didn't mind the comment. Hhe just listened and looked on in amusement as I'shan fawned over the newly hatched blue, for ever kind word and thought he had about oung Pistoth also brought him back to warm memories of a young Ilveriath as well.

I'shan was pulled back into realility by Echlerov's appraisal of his goods. "The shirt?" the bluerider inquired with a smile. "That would be fine." It was a nice shirt, but more than worth it to lift poor Farlint's spirits after the accident. I'shan eagerly handed the shirt over and cast the blue weyrling a smile.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath was right. His was easily excited by him doing silly things, and he nuzzled I'shan's hand. This is alright, Ilveriath? Pistoth asked, a little unsure if I'shan was allowed to be paying so much attention to him.

With a grin, Echlerov sat the shirt down, and moved to where he had the bottle of wine hidden. He dug it out of the carisask, dusting it off, and then carrying it over to I'shan carefully. "Here you go, a good Benden red, from '13." It was a good vintage, and he handed it over. "Hope your friend enjoys it."

The little blue chirped, looking from the shirt to the bottle curiously. Why did you do that?

Echlerov chuckled, and then caressed the blue. "It's a way of exchanging goods, so that he has something different than what he came in with."

Oh, okay. Pistoth turned back to I'shan. Is that a good trade? he asked the other blue rider, tilting his head. I think mine thinks so.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Aw!" I'shan piped again, reaching down and stroking the baby dragon's nose and neck lovingly. He reminded him so much of a baby Ilveriath. Of course it is fine Ilveriath commented, amused and almost flattered by the little blue's concern. While protective of his bondmate,  Ilveriath was not a jealous dragon. He'd tolerated far worse company than this adorable little creature.

I'shan's eyes widened as he accepted the bottle. It was nice, just the sort of thing to lift Farlint's spirits. The bluerider carefully tucked it away into his back before looking to Pistoth, smiling at the little creature's question. "It's an excellent trade," I'shan purred to the dragonet. He leaned forward again, eyes shining. "...I'm going to give it to a friend of mine. He's injured and probably very sad, so I hope it will cheer him up."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I hope so too. Pistoth didn't want anyone to be sad, and if this trade thingy cheered up the other person, that was good! Happy people were good.

He spun around, looking from Echlerov to I'shan. Are you done now? Can I meet Ilveriath now?

Echlerov chuckled at Pistoth's enthusiasm. "Is that all you needed?" He folded the shirt up, putting it away. It would be perfect for a formal occasion, and perhaps he would even wait to wear it until graduation. That would be perfect.
Code:

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan nodded, an appreciative smile lingering on the corners of his mouth. "It is. Thanks so much," he said, putting the bottle of wine into his bag before throwing it around his shoulder. "I'm sure this'll help Far feel better. I feel so bad for him, you know?"

The bluerider had a lot of lingering concerns regarding Farlint. It was bad enough that the poor boy was injured, but rumors were that the injury was serious indeed. What if he couldn't stand again?

I'shan would have taken him from his old life all for nothing. Nothing...

A profoundly sad look crossed the bluerider's face before Pistoth's bright voice roused him. "Oh!" he said, looking down at the dragonet. I'shan's face brightened. "Oh, I'm sorry little guy...I forgot. Of course you can, as long as it's alright with Echlerov here." He looked back to Echlerov for approval before taking a long step towards the door.

Outside, Ilveriath perch quietly outside the barracks. His wings rustled a bit and his eyes flushed a deep shade of yellow. My deepest regrets concerning Farlint. I am certain the healers will do their best to aid his recovery the dragon said, though he knew his words wouldn't mean much to I'shan. To the jittery bluerider, the intention meant more than hollow condolences themselves ever would. Of course Ilveriath was sorry; but sorry wouldn't help Farlint.

One more thing to be guilty about.

Ilveriath sighed, but didn't know what else he could do. He touched young Pistoth's mind. Thank you, young one, for bringing him some joy today. Yesterday evening was trying indeed.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)