World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

[G] [C] 734.11.12 | Hard Truths Will Out
2 PM | J'tir

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Hmm.. the bronze murmured in the background of J'tir's mind. There are whisperings from other dragons. The man shifted, his blankets muffling his groan of displeasure. You are awfully gossipy lately, he groaned inwardly, are they anything worth listening to? The morning sun streamed in through the makeshift blinds he had made, a precaution against morning hangovers and his migraines. Blessedly, he didn't seem to have one that morning. Get up lazy man, I have been nice about my itching today. The sun has been up for quite a awhile now. Alright, alright. You're lucky I love you. he said, with a smile in his voice. J'tir flipped the blankets aside, and rolled off the edge of the bed. The room was a bit dark as he made his way across to the window. Late afternoon sun streamed in when he opened the curtain, warming his bare chest. Running a hand through his hair, J'tir cast his gaze around the room and eyed the clothes on the floor. "I really should clean this place," he grinned, picking up a clean shirt and pulling it over his head.

We should fly today. Vleyth commented idly as he waited for his oiling. I'm outside, the sun is warm. J'tir gave himself a moment of silence as he listened to the bronze, and quickly gathered the dirty clothes from the floor, tossing them into a basket near the door to wash later. Maybe he would take them to the hot springs and kill two birds with one stone. On the table by the window he found a pitcher of water, condensing water on the outside and he grinned. One of the women who was sweet on him always kept it there in the mornings. J'tir poured a glass and drank it down quickly before striding to the door, retrieving the oil and soft rags and greeting his bonded in the sunlight. "Is it your head again, Vley? You really do have to stop being such a messy eater." he teased. There is a rumor about you. They say there is a letter to you, written by a woman you were with. You have a son, somewhere.
  Shock emanated through their bond as the man took in what his bondmate told him. A son? Was it true? He knew he had been with plenty of women, but none of them had come forward. And where was this supposed letter anyway? "A son... I'm a father." he grinned, "Do they say who the mother is?" No, I haven't heard a female's name. I heard it in passing while I ate.

His day immediately brightened by the rumor, true or not, and he made it through Vleyth's oily patches in almost record time. The bronze rumbled his pleasure, and the itchy sensation through the bond disappeared. Afternoon had rolled around while he worked, sweat dripped down his back and his hair was plastered to his head in a most unattractive manner. None of it diminished his mood though, and his grin lit his face as he gazed at the wonder that was his bonded. How did I ever get so lucky to have Impressed you? As if to remind him that he had woken later than usual, and his own dragon had already eaten, his stomach growled loudly. Perhaps you will learn something from the other riders there. the bronze all but purred, shifting so that J'tir could climb on. The man set the oil and rags against the wall of the hut, slipped his feet into a pair of leather moccasins and obliged. Strong wingbeats later and he was airborne, feeling the hide of the bronze move beneath him as they flew the short distance. Let's go to the creche. If I have a son, they may know something.

His stomach would have to wait, J'tir decided, as Vleyth landed carefully near the Weyrfolk Housing. He slide from his dragon's back and landed with a gentle thump on the ground. "Go soak up some sun, my dearest." and walked in the building. The creche was a place he actually liked to go when he had time. Holding the infants calmed him. The thought made him wonder if he had ever held his own son and not known. One of the women watching a group of kids smiled at him and he went over. "Hey mister bronze," she smiled, "You here to hold a baby?" J'tir made silly faces at the youngin' in her arms, and made it giggle.

"I'm actually here about a rumor Vleyth heard this morning. Do you know if any of these are mine?" he asked, gesturing around him to the children.

She looked at him sideways, and he couldn't read the expression she was giving him. "They all are." Her straight faced scared him for a moment and he panicked looking around at them all before she burst out laughing, "I was kidding," she sputtered. "But you should go to the hot springs. You may find some answers there." And she walked away, still laughing as she gently lay the baby down to sleep. Shaking his head at the mystery of women's humor, the rider left quietly so he wouldn't wake any sleeping babies. Reaching through the bond and sensing his dragon, he could tell the bronze was sleeping. Deciding against waking him, J'tir walked back to his hut and grabbed the basket of laundry, sweetsand, and a rough bristle brush to clean with.

The short walk was pleasant, and didn't take him long to arrive. Steam billowed from the pools and obscured most of the area. The bronzerider set the basket at one of the more private pools and stripped off his dirty clothes just as a bit of wind blew through. The clothes scattered from the basket and the man ran around gathering them up from the ground, trees and small bushes. Grumbling, J'tir grabbed the first things on the top and absently began scrubbing them with the cleaning sand and brush before dunking them deep in the hot water to rinse them. As he lifted them from the water to wring out, he noticed that they were not actually his clothes he had just washed. What man wears a skirt, after all? Deciding there had to be someone there he had missed, J'tir was forced to break the peacefulness of the small pools and call out, "Hello?" It wasn't loud, and almost as if it were a response, he heard a woman's voice singing.

Had that creche woman meant that he would find a woman here who could answer his question? Sheepishly he draped the clean shirt, skirt and... lady items over his shoulder and forged ahead slowly to another small pool where the farthest of his clothes had been blown. "Uh, hello..." he said, by way of announcing himself to the back of her head. "I seem to have ahh... washed your clothes. I didn't mean to take them, I apologize." As he spoke, he moved around to the front where he could see her face and almost dropped the newly clean clothes on the ground. He knew this woman. There had been a dragonlust filled night of passion, resulting in bruising to the both of them.. she had been fiesty with her teeth, and he had been fueled by the loss of the Flight. They had parted in the morning, and he had never heard from her again.  Close your mouth, you are making us look foolish standing there like a lackjaw. The not so sleepy Vleyth cut in. Eavesdropping again? J'tir sent, while closing his mouth and composing himself. The bronze was right, he was making a fool of them. "Ali? I haven't seen you since... that night." he stammered. "I... you.... how have you been? he finished, trying not to seem like a deadglow.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
734.11.12 | Hard Truths Will Out - by Alicona - 11.May.14, 09:59 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 13.May.14, 06:33 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 13.May.14, 11:14 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 13.May.14, 11:48 PM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 14.May.14, 12:53 AM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by J'tir - 14.May.14, 01:19 AM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 14.May.14, 02:50 AM
Re: Hard Truths Will Out [J'tir] - by Alicona - 14.May.14, 04:43 AM