World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Boozahol [Invite Only]

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
He could have waited; seeking out his friend and fellow bluerider another day and thus showing he wasn’t dying for more information on the hook up with N’gelt and the general catching up on I’shan’s life, but R’nd felt waiting until that evening was plenty enough time. Besides, he had stated he wanted a meal and drinks out of the man that had landed a well timed information bomb that morning so it was only right that he followed through with that and not leave I’shan hanging. Of course if a meal was made and he didn’t show up there was a good chance the brownrider companion would gladly take it as an offering. Sometimes he hated having a streak of curiosity and hated even more that while their friendship was only several turns old I’shan knew about it and liked to tease him. He wasn’t entirely innocent in withholding fun tidbits either but R’nd enjoyed being an evil tease when he could be.

Despite his reputation of bed hopping and knowing I’shan loved cooking, R’nd still had some manners and could play the romantic lead when called for. This wasn’t one of the romantic seduction visits but a call upon a good friend still demanded he bring something to the table and in this case, one of his own bottles of Benden wine was held in one hand while a tray of pastries he had sweet talked out of the kitchen staff earlier balanced in the other. Even if I’shan had forgotten or just didn’t want to cook, they would at least have something to enjoy with their wine while reconnecting. Tucking the bottle under his other arm, R’nd continued playing nice—it was never wise to waltz into a bluerider’s hut unannounced—and gave a good knocking to the door.

I’shan had better be in or R’nd would have to resort to tactics used on and by Kerrin and ignore the man for a sevenday, complete with the physical tussle leading up to the silence.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 500 Posts!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
Ilveriath noticed the bluerider's approach first. The dragon, exceptionally lazy on this particular evening, lifted his head and eyed R'nd as he approached. Hello said the blue, his voice languid and warm. He wasn't sure how this would go over, but he was more than willing to sit back and see. I'shan hadn't taken any other visitors since he'd gotten together with N'gelt. The brownrider displayed possessive tendencies, so Ilveriath guessed the man might get a bit jealous.

Ilveriath might have hoped so, were he not concerned with his rider's happiness. Of course, I'shan might have hoped so as well, if he didn't like N'gelt so much.

R'nd has arrived Ilveriath announced with a distinctly uninterested flair. It was cultivated disinterest, no doubt. I'shan darted to the door and pulled it open just a crack.

"Hey there," he said softly. He pushed the door open and motioned for his friend to come inside. "Come on in. I have some roast wherry for us," he said. He'd made a few servings extra as well, hoping N'gelt may show up. He doubted it, but it would be most excellent to show his new brownrider off to his friend!

I'shan looked calm on the outside, with he was barely containing it. He wanted to burst into a tirade of less-than-masculine squeaks and squeels about his new catch, but for the time being he restrained himself. 

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“You never disappoint,” R’nd greeted as he entered the hut, a mental greeting passing to Ilveriath as he went while ignoring the urge to bump into I’shan, a part of their odd friendship, as he passed. He deserved every hip check, shoulder bump, and shove for not spilling the beans as soon as he had detangled from N’gelt! But that would soon be rectified and for the slight insult of being left in the dark for a short time, R’nd didn’t feel the need to hold a grudge or exact revenge.

“And I present to you my offerings for the night,” R’nd held up his acquired treasures and headed for the kitchen area without waiting for a reply. He knew his way around the hut thanks to the similar layout of his own and didn’t need I’shan to wait on him hand and foot so prepping their drinks was something he could beat I’shan to the punch about. Given that he didn’t really possess any great cooking skills, it was also his small contribution to the meal.

“Now,” R’nd went on a moment later as one glass was held out for I’shan to grab and the other already tilting towards his mouth, “shall I continue my charade of being patient and wait until after dinner or will you start gabbing now?” Oh please let it be now. He was a gossip whore, what could he say?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan eyed the offering with pleasure, his thin body rocking forward onto tiptoes to get a better view. "Nice. Thank you," he said, eyes following as R'nd moved into the kitchen to fetch the drinks. He was used to R'nd helping himself during visits. I'shan had procured some nice wine for the evening, again taking a bit extra with the hope that N'gelt would show, though the extra came in the form of ale.

I'shan slithered after him. He accepted the glass without complaint and sighed gently as he lifted it to his lips. "Well," he breathed, pausing as he took his first long sip of wine, "I suppose it would be ethical of me to go ahead and talk," he said, watching his friend though calculated, mischievous eyes. "But I don't know. That food smells awfully good," he said, meandering over to the roast wherry and sniffing it delicately. He chuckled, the hairs on his arms standing up as he considered just how tantalized R'nd seemed to be. Or was his hair standing on end because he was thinking of N'gelt?

"Well," I'shan said again as he started to fix a plate. Clearly he was in no hurry. "...You know how I once confided in you that I have a taste for... dangerous men?"

He winked.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd wasn’t sure he knew the definition for that word anymore. Grey eyes tracked I’shan’s every movement as the rim of the wine glass never left his lips. He was being played but it wouldn’t do to announce that he knew he was or demand an answer to put him out of his misery. That left him with the option to play along. He fixed his stance into something completely comfortable and at home and set an unaffected expression in place as he followed I’shan to the source of the amazing aroma. “It does smell amazing and that’s quite a fair bit you made. That hungry, are you?” His tone held a teasing note as R’nd suspected I’shan’s dreamy state of being had conjured up a hope that N’gelt would come by and join them or at least later that night.

As he continued following suit with preparing his plate, R’nd hesitated in putting the second slice atop the first and stared long and hard at I’shan. “I do remember that. Exactly how dangerous are we talking about now?” While I’shan sometimes needed an extra hand when situations got a little rough, R’nd knew his friend could take care of himself just the same. But that didn’t mean he liked where this conversation was going. He’d reserve judgement, however, and hope I’shan didn’t start spouting his flowery poetic version of times spent with the brownrider.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan waved one hand through the steam, wafting the pleasant aroma towards his face. His mother's recipes were all he had left of her, and he cherished them appropriately.  He loved showing them off, too.

He took a moment to prepare his own plate, reveling in R'nd's tenuous anticipation. He took a second sip of wine before seating himself at his kitchen table and raising an eyebrow at R'nd. "Join me," he crooned though gritted teeth, "and I'll tell you all about it."

He took a few modest bites before he actually began, allowing his companion plenty of time to get his food and settle down. I'shan smiled and wiped his mouth properly before speaking. "Do you remember Larrikith's flight, R'nd?" he asked with a conspiratorial smirk. He knew R'nd was the lucky winner of the flight, and while he didn't know firsthand of R'nd' crush on B'jin, he highly suspected it.

He put his hands on the table and gripped the edge tightly. "...N'gelt burshed past us all and moved up to B'jin in the flight's early stages," he said, breath theatricality shallow. He leaned forward, all the way across the table. "I remember he pushed right past me, leaned close to B'jin and said...'You're mine, boy'," he said, imitating N'gelt's pleasantly deep voice as best he could.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“Yeah, I remember it well,” R’nd gave a content sigh which stopped him from trying the first bite of the roast wherry he knew was made with complete confidence and enjoyment. That silly giddy smile tried to appear again and while he worked at hiding it by shoving the bite of food into his mouth, R’nd didn’t doubt that I’shan would have caught it. If nothing else, Ayyonth was probably eavesdropping and spilling everything to Ilveriath to share with I’shan. His well-meaning dragon was a well pain in the butt sometimes but still affection was sent to his blue.

“I also remember,” he continued after the smile had faded and food, which was mighty delicious, had been swallowed, “winning and shoving someone aside claiming B’jin was mine.” He barely recalled that moment but was glad it, as well as the following claiming kiss, stayed with him. R’nd also hadn’t been aware that the man he had shoved aside had been not only a brownrider but the one that I’shan would end up taking a shining to. How much did N’gelt remember of that time? R’nd wasn’t particularly thrilled with getting a fist to the face so he hoped the correct answer to his ponderings was ‘nothing’ unless this so-called dangerous man didn’t hold a grudge. That was something R’nd didn’t quite believe.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's eyes widened subtly, gleaming with cold-burning curiosity. He made a mental note to ask R'nd about his frolic with B'jin once his own story was finished; after all, it wouldn't do to interrupt his own fluid narrative. Calm and confident, the bluerider slid back into his seat like a liquid and relaxed, chin resting on one hand while his other arm draped carelessly over the back of his chair.

"When the flight was over," he said lowly, "N'gelt turned and grabbed me without warning. There wasn't anything I could do. I was still gone, flying along with Ilveriath as he turned away from Larrikith," he said. He inhaled deeply at the memory. What was it about N'gelt's forceful indiscretions that had excited him so? Even the memory of their first heated union set him to tingling.

"He grabbed me around my abdomen and picked me up, whisked me away to another room before I could protest. Then, he threw me down and cupped my face in his hands.." he said. He paused and licked his lips. "Oh, R'nd! It was just so exciting!" he said, his pent up energy finally releasing itself in a shrill squeal. He smirked and wrapped his arms around himself, abandoning his relaxed posture and becoming increasingly aware of the blush on his cheeks.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Once again, R’nd was left frozen in place as this time his fork reached for another piece of meat. He had to go through everything that had just been tossed his way. It was easy enough to see how thrilled with the circumstances and outcome I’shan was which left R’nd equally as thrilled as the older rider was a good friend and he deserved the happiness he always waxed poetic about. But, and there was a but, just what exactly did it say about the type of relationship he had with N’gelt if their first time was one carting the other away without total consent? Oh sure, he could understand how it was after losing a flight and ending up in bed with someone but there typically wasn’t anything deeper attached to such meetings.

I’shan had a way of romanticising everything so R’nd did hold a few suspicions about how exactly that encounter went down but the fact that they ended up in a relationship afterwards did earn the brownrider some points. Once again he was left with the knowledge that he had done some less than stellar things thanks to flight lust and that while he loved to share himself with everyone, I’shan wanted only one and liked the notion of love. With his thoughts in place and I’shan’s excitement being just as contagious as usual, R’nd burst into a wide smile and set down his fork, head tilting to the side in one final move to ponder the scene before him playing out with I’shan hugging himself and blushing at the mere thought of N’gelt. Oh, his friend had it bad but so long as he didn’t end up hurt, R’nd would support the union.

“It’s so great seeing you this happy, Shel! Though it saddens me that I’m going to have to cross you off the list of people I wouldn’t mind having tangled in my sheets.” He wouldn’t knowingly mess around with someone that was mated but that didn’t mean he had to stop the flirting and teasing.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

If I'shan sensed his friend's momentary reservations, he didn't show it. His playful smile spread as he finally relaxed, waiting impatiently for the redness to fizzle from his cheeks. He was somewhat embarrassed at his little fit of excitement. "He's very handsome," he said. "And on the quiet side. And verryyyyy..." He drug the word out obnoxiously long as he thought of the correct terminology. "Blunt. Let's put it that way."

I'shan himself frequently wondered why he'd taken such a shine to N'gelt. He tried his best to ignore the obvious reason - his weakness for extreme masculinity. N'gelt was such a bold arrangement of hyper-masculine traits that he was almost a caricature, and I'shan drank in it. He shuddered subtly as he thought about it, eyes briefly closing and hands resting neatly on either side of his plate.

"I'm not sure what it is, R'nd. I just...people like him fascinate me," he said. He opened his eyes once more and tactically narrowed them at R'nd. He was used to such playful comments, but sometimes...sometimes he felt they were serious.

Not that he had any problem with the notion of being tangled in R'nd's sheets, at least not usually. I'shan was smitten, however, his mind aligned firmly with his handsome, elusive brownrider.

He smiled knowingly, and perhaps half-sincerely. "Lets not linger on what might have been," he said lightly, his tone dismissive but not unfriendly. He leaned forward again. "So...how was B'jin?"

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

“I’m not surprised he’s blunt given the personalities of some of your more recently Searched,” R’nd had heard some stories from Kerrin about his classes and a couple of the names that often stood out for their negative remarks and quick one-liners belonged to the list of those I’shan had Stolen for the good of the Weyr. He was close to believing his friend purposely sought out those types for his own personal entertainment as he watched them irritate others around them. So seeing that trait in someone that could make I’shan smitten was more or less expected.

R’nd snuck in a few more bites of the dinner that earned a hum of approval for the chef before the conversation turned to him and the other side of Larrikith’s flight on that fateful day. Enough time had passed, especially given everything that had happened with Kerrin at the lake not too long ago, that his smile shouldn’t have been borne of whimsical longing but there it was. R’nd quickly schooled his expression to turn it into a confident grin as he sat back, wine glass scooped up in the process to help obtain an air of casualness, “B’jin was good, as you well know from your own past victory.”

He swirled the contents of his glass in a leisurely manner before taking a long and slow sip. Two could play at the game of drawing out the suspense oh whether he would leave it at that or elaborate. Luckily for I’shan, R’nd did like to talk when it bolstered his ego though there was a slight bit of guilt at talking about B’jin so openly but still dove into the conversation after a good pause. “It was amazing, my friend. I was talented enough to keep him in bed for a post-flight romp and then again for simply stealing that bed for actual sleep.” R’nd had no desire to spill on how they had fallen asleep and awoken in each other’s arms despite it showing how much, in his mind, he had earned B’jin’s trust. I’shan would latch onto that fact and refuse to let go, teasing him about growing soft and wanting such joys in his life. No, thanks!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Thew corners of I'shan's mouth fell a bit at the mention of his searched candidates. "I don't like searching," he said, his mood dampened in passing. His sore lip was finally tarting to heal. He'd never directly confirmed the nasty rumors to R'nd, but he imagined his fellow bluerider knew without really being told: Erisi, one of I'shan's searchees, had punched the shards out of him.

He scowled a bit. "But yeah. Maybe I'll just set N'gelt on them all next time they act up. He's intimidating enough," he said, disgruntled expression creeping into a sneer and finally into a smirk. I'shan's pride was fragile and his temper deceptively volatile. R'nd hadn't actually done anything, but even thinking about Erisi made I'shan a bit prickly. He took a particularly long sip of wine and let the topic die, choosing instead to let R'nd talk about his frolic with B'jin.

"Indeed," I'shan said, his voice becoming calm and airy again, though with a hint of hollowness. His playfulness slowly returned, however, as R'nd chronicled the event in greater detail. "You got repeats, eh? Nice," he hissed with suddenly-sparked interest. "He's good, isn't he? Older guys...they know all the tricks," he purred. His mind drifted again to N'gelt. The brownrider wasn't much older than I'shan, but he certainly was...experienced.

"Perhaps I'll claim him again someday," he mused wistfully. He doubted it, but he could dream, right?

Though, the challenge seemed less desirable nowadays. After all....he had a new toy.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

I’shan’s mercurial temper was something R’nd was used to and never took offense to it. His friend enjoyed being pampered and viewed most things in a rose-tinted, albeit selfish, way so when something didn’t go quite the way he expected there was a small tantrum. They didn’t last long and R’nd barely batted an eye at them though they were sometimes amusing depending on the subject matter. So as he normally handled the mood swing, he let it ride out and waited for I’shan to smile again and return to more pleasant topics. There wasn’t any use in upsetting a friend further by harping on a sore spot.

Besides, the far more pleasant topic was exactly that to R’nd. Well, most of it. He didn’t like the idea of I’shan putting in a serious effort to chase Larrikith once more, especially if he was now mated to a brown. Save the unobtainable for those that had a little more invested in it! Not that he did, of course. It was just a desire for another fantastic roll in bed with a man he enjoyed the company of. Right? Right. It was best to keep his mind from drifting down that dangerous path again and stuck in the more comfortable zone of being known as sex-crazed riders. “I probably could have landed another repeat but we were both pretty worn out. I most definitely approve of bedding older men if they all know the tricks B’jin does!” He laughed, eyes twinkling with delight from the memories swirling in his mind but R’nd didn’t think he’d pursue others of that age range unless it was that particular Searchrider.

Thanks to the good mood he was in, R’nd couldn’t resist adding in another friendly jab, “and just remember, I’ll always be there with Ayyonth to out fly you for the rights of winning a second flight.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan laughed delicately. "Well," he said, warm sincerity bubbling up in his previously impish and catty tone. "To be honest, if things go right, I'll probably try my best to keep Ilveriath grounded," he commented lightly. I'shan was monogamous in relationships, but he didn't normally go so far as discourage his dragon from flight. After all, flight was a natural part of a dragonman's life. I'shan was allowing the romanticism of the situation take hold of him, however. It went beyond 'new toy' syndrome.

I'shan didn't bother to analyze how and why he'd come to feel this way after such a short time. There were plenty of things that could be to blame, but he didn't want to think of them in that light, especially since he might not like what he came up with. He often fell headfirst for strong men, all but worshipping their masculinity and authority. N'gelt seemed like such a hard man, though, but a hard man who'd taken to him so quickly...rather than dismissing him as a cheap toy after one or two encounters.

That wasn't going to happen, was it?

The bluerider smiled and rose to his feet. He circled around the table and set one hand on R'nd's shoulder in a warm gesture,his thin body leaning close. "How bout this, R'nd? I'll leave B'jin to you. Shards...he and I go back a bit. Maybe I can even talk him into having dinner with you..." he said with low intrigue.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Deceased
SLAM!

Whatever talk of love, tricks and partners was going on, it was now dropped in favour of the newest addition to the party. Standing in the doorway of I’shan’s hut N’gelt stood tall and formidable, his chest heaving. Behind him in the evening light, Saquith’s eyes whirled a bright mixture of blue and yellow. The sight was one you’d expect on a stormy night, except... it was extraordinarily calm outside. Chest heaving he strode inside, his breath reeking of the foulest of ales. Saquith’s head snaked in after him, his head only just fitting behind him as he followed like a portable pillow, ready to catch his rider dare he fall.

I’shan!” He shouted, blind to the fact that both I’shan and R’nd were sitting straight ahead of him. There was no velvet to his deep voice now, it was tainted with alcohol-induced roughness and didn’t sound pleasant and all. He clutched a brown bottle in one hand, less than half of the contents remaining. I am sorry... The whisper was so soft and quiet in I’shan and R’nd’s mind that they might not even hear it over N’gelt’s stomps and haggard breaths. Saquith had only spoken to rider’s twice before in his life, he had deep respect for the bond between himself and N’gelt, along with other people’s privacy. But his rider’s behaviour right now was inexcusable, and N’gelt wasn’t exactly about to apologize for himself.

“Get to the bed!” N’gelt demanded, his eyes finally falling on I’shan. Only then did he twig that there was someone else there; another man. A man, in his I’shan’s home? His arm raised, pointing the mouth of the bottle at R’nd as his rough features drew into a vicious glare. Anger flew through his body, overtaking the ravenous, drunken lust that had been there seconds ago.

“Who is this?” He spat, baring his teeth barbarically at R’nd. The younger Bluerider was attractive, even if N’gelt had seen him without his ale-addled vision he would have liked to share sheets with him. Or well, there wouldn’t be much sharing. Sharing is a bad metaphor when N’gelt is involved, as was becoming increasingly obvious as he grew into a jealous rage. “What do you think you’re doing, trying to take him away?” N’gelt snapped at R’nd now, his eyes narrowed into slits as he spied the hand laid so lovingly on his shoulder. The way that I'shan was leaning close, like a lover. Angry? Check. Possessive? Check. Lover? Check.  Ignorant? Check. Now doesn’t this have all the hallmarks of a bad relationship?

Slightly behind them Saquith creeled ever so softly, the worry for his rider intense in his eyes. Now that N’gelt had strode into the hut further, Saquith couldn’t reach him, and if he did something like trip and fall, how would he save him? The Brown pulled back so that only the end of his snout was in the doorway, now completely yellow eyes whirling rapidly.

PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan jumped and let out a gasp as N'gelt's explosive voice rolled through his hut. He turned towards the door where he saw his mate, clutching a half-empty liquor bottle and all but radiating anger. I'shan bit his lip and quickly ran to N'gelt's side, head held low and hands extended in a pleading gesture. "Oh, N'gelt! Please, listen to be for a moment!" he pleaded. I'shan's daredevil nature flew out the window as the color drained from his face and his heart dropping to his innards. He'd hoped N'gelt would drop by, but he didn't imagine it would go like this.

The outrage in N'gelt's voice shocked the bluerider. Clearly his mate was drunk. The alcohol must have fueled the jealousy, which I'shan felt a fool for not expecting. N'gelt was possessive and controlling. Didn't jealousy usually go along with that?

"N'gelt," I'shan whispered soothingly as he extended his hands to the brownrider, carefully sliding them over the man's muscular arms and chest before twining them around his body. "You don't understand! This is my friend, R'nd - the one who won the flight we met during! He and I were talking about the flight, and well...about you. I was bragging about you, and talking about helping him hook up with that greenrider again," he said, coiling his slender body against N'gelts and leaning into the man's ear as he spoke, his voice low and wispy, trembling with sudden nervousness. He didn't know how to handle an angry man like this any way else. He always threw himself at them, hoping an offering of peace would end the argument. I'shan was spunky, but he had no fire when it came to things like this...thing that could become truly serious and perhaps physical.

I'shan brushed his lips against N'gelt's earlobe. "Come on, baby...calm down for me. I made enough food for you, too...I was hoping you'd show up so I could show you off," he said lowly, a worried, desperate, and perhaps fearful expression creeping onto his face as he submissively rested his head against N'gelt's chest. "And afterwards, I'll...do anything you want," he promised in a thoaty whisper.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Fury pumped through N'gelt's system, blinding him to reason. He had seen his lover touching another man, intimately. Hmm, lover. That was a strange word to be associated with N'gelt, it almost seemed foreign. I'shan's approach startled him for a moment and he stumbled to the side, his arms flailing as he tried to regain his balance. Dark eyes still glared at R'nd, if anything he seemed to be blaming the younger Bluerider for trying to persuade I'shan to commit adultery. At least it meant that his anger was directed away from the delicate I'shan, whom N'gelt wouldn't dream of hurting. Not outside of playful bedroom activities, anyway.

I'shan's whispers barely broke through his insanity, if anything it was the movement of his hands that caught his attention. The lust he had entered with stirred again, as he recalled why he was here again. The velvety side of his voice began to creep back in as he gazed down at the man coiled against him. "Bragging about me?" He seemed innately pleased to be bragged about. The moment passed though, his anger wasn't quite going to dissipate with an overtaking of pride. He pushed I'shan to the side with surprising gentleness, before striding over to R'nd, the bottle waving dangerously close to his face.

"You can not have him. I'shan is mine." He growled darkly, pointing with his other hand first at I'shan, then at his chest. The admission resulted in a startled croon from Saquith, in his drunken haze N'gelt had remembered I'shan's name with ease and now he was placing his claim. The Brown projected happiness forth, hoping it could sway his rider out of his angry fervour.

While Saquith's happiness alone couldn't bring him back to the edge it was close. The straw that broke the runner's back was I'shan.

His lips against N'gelt's ears caused him to freeze completely, having been so focused on R'nd in front of him, he hadn't seen or heard I'shan come back over. As he moved around to be between R'nd and N'gelt the Brownrider stared at I'shan. His low voice was twisting N'gelt in all the right places. He liked I'shan, particularly his submissive behaviour. That, combined with the notion that he would be shown off to another rider seemed to flick a switch in N'gelt. While he still eyed R'nd with distrust, he leant his head down to I'shan's ear. "I look forward to it." His voice was like thick, rich velvet, the kind that one didn't have to touch to know how indulgent it was.

Wrapping his bottle-free arm around I'shan's shoulders he held him close, a look of possessive warning in his eyes as he stared at R'nd. One didn't need to be highly intelligent to realise that he was staking his claim, and a single brush of the hand or too-long of a stare would be toeing the line. With his massive bulk and short fuse, one didn't want to toe N'gelt's line.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd had been in the middle of processing how in the world I’shan decided playing matchmaker was a good idea when a drunken angry man stormed into the hut. It served as a wonderful distraction to which he was thankful for. Unfortunately it didn’t fully remove the attention from him, something R’nd never liked to lose but in some instances not being the center of attention was a good thing, it just shifted forms. How had N’gelt, for that was who R’nd suspected the man to be even before I’shan started repeating the name over and over, come to the conclusion that he was making any sort of play on his lover? If anything, it looked like I’shan was with that friendly clasp to his shoulder but he wisely held his tongue and kept that comment to himself.

In truth, N’gelt’s outburst was fairly amusing and R’nd shifted, casually crossing one leg atop the other and leaning his elbow on the table, head coming to rest in his hand at he watched the lovers collide. The anger being projected at him probably should have made him coil up like a spring, ready to fight back should a fist head his way but I’shan was doing a fairly good job at taming the wild beast which left R’nd secure in the belief he wouldn’t have to mess his hair in a scuffle. Besides, the possessive jealous streak was almost adorable on the large man, a thought that gave R’nd pause as he realized he was starting to sound like I’shan. It showed N’gelt did care for the bluerider and the arm around his shoulder after displaying a surprising amount of calm rationality by not raising a hand towards I’shan only further added to that belief. All that said, R’nd wasn’t about to step down completely and forfeit a good friendship because some guy potentially wanted to control every detail of his lover’s life.

“I don’t go after someone’s mate or someone who’s not interested,” R’nd’s tone was sharp and clear as his grey eyes narrowed just enough to show a hint of aggravation at having to explain himself. But as quickly as one of I'shan's mood swings, he smiled and waved lazily to the food offerings, "now how about you stop flailing around and attempting to summon all of the Weyr to the door with your bellowing and join us for dinner. I'shan did wonders with the wherry." He knew he should probably leave but the meal was delicious and he wasn't about to pass up his time with a friend because of a drunk and possessive lover shouting at him.

There may have been a slight curiosity as to what else might happen if he stuck around but in the end he mostly wanted to know more about N'gelt, making sure his friend would be okay and that his heart was in good hands.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan is mine

The bluerider shuddered at those words. To many men, those words would have been a red light, a warning for trouble to come. To I'shan, however, they were a sign; a sign that N'gelt actually wanted him, that he wasn't just a toy to be shelved once the owner's playfulness was sated. Heart quivering excitedly, I'shan wrapped his arms dotingly around N'gelt and allowed himself to be pulled close, not caring for a moment that N'gelt was laying claim to him in such a possessive fashion.

N'gelt's calmer, velvety voice as he accepted the invitation was enough to steal I'shan's breath away. Content that disaster had been avoided, he leaned into N'gelt's side and let out a wispy sigh. "Come on, baby, why don't you put the bottle down and let me get you something to eat?" he crooned.

He looked to R'nd, pleased and even relieved to see his friend taking the whole thing in stride. I'shan wasn't ready to give yup a friendship either, but with R'nd's infatuation with B'jin, the bluerider was certain he could convince N'gelt of R'nd's harmlessness. He didn't dare smile or wink at R'nd, though, so instead he just offered a knowing stare that he hoped his friend would be accustomed to be now.

I'shan wanted to go fix a plate for his lover, but he decided to wait until N'gelt let him go. Pulling away now might jeopardize the uneasy truce. Instead, he leaned his head against the man and continued his earlier thought. "R'nd has eager eyes set on that greenrider," he reassured N'gelt sweetly. He lifted his head and pecked N'gelt on the cheek. "Have a seat, babe."

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

R'nd's words seemed to go in one ear and out the other, barely registering in N'gelt's mind. They registered clearly to Saquith however, who brought the words back to the forefront of his rider's mind.

I don’t go after someone’s mate or someone who’s not interested.

The words finally brought clarity to N'gelt's mind. R'nd wasn't going to try and steal I'shan away from him, there was no threat here. Lowering the bottle he glanced about, looking for a place to put it. Stepping around R'nd to the table he placed it down, letting I'shan in the process so he didn't drag him around. At his insistence to sit down N'gelt approached the third chair, shifting the bottle of ale closer towards it before he sat. His obedience to I'shan was unprecedented and why exactly he was obeying was most likely attributed to the alcohol.

His eyes took in the table and its contents quickly, there was no doubt that I'shan cooked amazing meals and he was pleased to be indulging in one. Especially with meat in it. After that stupid selection of only fruit that morning… N'gelt shook his head to refocus his thoughts. He couldn't help but let them slid to Erisi, he was an attractive young man, younger than I'shan and more like R'nd's age. Both had dark hair, though Erisi's was long and tied back like a lady's. Hopefully that didn't mean he acted like one…

His attention was brought back to his current company when I'shan returned to the table with a plate laden with roasted wherry. Now this was a real man's meal.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

Lips parted to protest I'shan's insistence that he could help create a relationship with B'jin for him but R'nd quickly halted the word. It wouldn't do to use his friend's nickname when N'gelt still didn't look completely convinced that the dinner and any interaction they shared was on the innocent side. It was pretty understandable given the two blueriders in question so R'nd couldn't really blame the man. But he could focus his shock and dismay at I'shan! "I'shan! Eager eyes, yes, and those who have tumbled with him couldn't blame me for that either. But you know I'm not the sort to settle down with someone and I really don't think the relationship you have forming in your dream world would happen." He pouted then, not entirely meaning to since it would no doubt show to I'shan that he was sad about not being mated to B'jin. The pout was more for the belief that B'jin likely didn't even know who he was and the parting kiss was done more in a dream-like state than insinuating they should hook up again sometime.

He really needed to stop acting like a sixteen turn old girl. Maybe he could get Kerrin to try beating some sense into him since the brat seemed to like that attempt before.

As N'gelt moved towards him and the table, R'nd tensed in just the barest of movement, his wandering thoughts focused once more in case the brownrider suddenly struck out at him. He once more relaxed and took up his fork to continue eating and to further show how comfortable he was despite the negative energy that radiated from the man.

He was typically known for keeping his cool and making fairly rational decisions but R'nd couldn't deny he had a devious streak and liked to lightly stir the pot of trouble at times. This suddenly felt like one of those times. I'shan had already mentioned the flight but the discussion was dropped quickly, except for playing matchmaker, and R'nd wanted to see more of this man's temper and interest in I'shan before completing his evaluation. "So I'shan was simply glowing as he spoke about you and how you met. I suppose it's a good thing you found yourself losing to Ayyonth and me that flight. It'd be a terrible thing to have won and never crossed paths with him." He was purposely prodding a drunk man's ego but R'nd was certain he had done more idiotic things in the past and came out of it fine.

He tried to give an apologetic look to I'shan but it ended up coming out as a mischievous grin.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan smiled delicately as N'gelt complied with his request. The bluerider hadn't exactly expected it. He leaned down and dotingly scattered some kisses along N'gelt's neck in a gesture of thanks before moving off to get some food. All but lovestruck, the bluerider was perfectly happy to serve dinner, like a hold woman lavishing service on her new husband. It was messed up, really.

I'shan returned from the kitchen just in time to catch R'nd's longing glance. I'shan frowned. He'd been half-serious about his offers to try and hook R'nd up with B'jin a second time. He made them as teasing jokes, but had every intention of actually going through with it if R'nd responded positively. Instead, he'd responded with this half-longing, half-rejection that totally confused I'shan. If R'nd wanted B'jin so badly, why didn't he go for it?

He shrugged helplessly and gave his friend a sad frown, as if to say I wish I knew how to help

He let it go and seated himself. He could see N'gelt's approval of his meal without asking. Pride swelled in his chest as he returned to his meal. He wanted to take N'gelt's ale bottle away and stow it somewhere before any more tourlbe could be made, but that could wait. He didn't want to risk the peace. Instead, he decided he would like a drink himself. He reached for his wine glass and took a long, indulgent sip.

"Do you like it, N'gelt?" he asked gently. His contentment was interrupted, however, when R'nd opened his big stupid mouth. I'shan's jaw dropped scandalously and his eyes widened as R'nd inserted his abysmally-worded victory speech into the conversation. Knowing well that N'gelt didn't take losses well, I'shan reacted in the most natural and immediate way he could manage, his body practically flying into action on its own: his foot shot forward and kicked R'nd right in the shin. Hard.

The grin hadn't helped.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

In his alcohol-dazed mind, N'gelt was processing everything much slower than his sober companions. This meant that R'nd's sly comment didn't register for quite a few moments. Mid-nod to I'shan's enquiry as to whether he liked the meal, R'nd's words finally entered his mind. His teeth ground through the meat as he slowly turned his head to face the younger Bluerider. It would have been comical, had it not been for the intense fury slathered all over his face. While R'nd may have escaped previous idiotic ideas relatively unscathed, N'gelt had other ideas about this.

Having turned to face R'nd completely now he dropped his knife and fork, thankfully, he finally spoke. "I lose nothing," he spat through clenched teeth. His hand balled into a fist, a clearly practised one at that. Rising from his seat he leant forward, his fist rushing in to collide with the handsome Bluerider's face. It was a shame, N'gelt reflected, for he was rather attractive. Were he not thoroughly drunk, perhaps he would have entered and whisked the both of them to I'shan's bed. Alas, he was, although perhaps it was lucky, as he couldn't properly feel the throbbing sensation burning through his knuckles.

Turning from R'nd he sat, facing I'shan and picking his cutlery back up. While probably not the wisest of moves, he wasn't exactly thinking clearly. "The meal is very lovely. Another of your recipes?" He asked I'shan, proceeding to eat more of the delicious meal.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

He deserved that kick and knew it. It didn’t mean R’nd enjoyed receiving it and winced upon connection. The grin faltered and he pouted at I’shan. If his comment had been made at or about anyone else, I’shan would have laughed and encouraged him. It figured the bratty man would react negatively now and have a mini hissy fit because it had the potential to ruin his good time. At least N’gelt seemed to have him on ignore now so R’nd decided he could finish his meal and wine before excusing the couple that was so into each other.

Or so the plan would have gone.

As N’gelt rose, R’nd tensed but it did little good as the large and manly rider still had better reflexes drunk than he did when caught off guard. The powerful fist connected with impressive speed and a sickening sound of bones and flesh meeting. Not that R’nd had time to grade it as he was busy keeping himself and the chair from toppling over solely on a reflex that was working at a decent speed with hands already resting on the table gripping for the edge. Sandy blonde hair that had been styled meticulously earlier was now strewn out of place and hiding a portion of his face that was set in shock with his jaw hanging slack. He knew there was the chance of that happening but somehow convinced himself N’gelt wouldn’t take such offense since in a way he was complimenting his luck in finding I’shan.

So, lesson learned! Don’t provoke a drunken brownrider despite believing it would be fun, because it definitely wasn’t.

You’re in pain! What’s going on? Ayyonth’s concern wrapped around him like a warm blanket and it helped bring R’nd out of the temporary binding of shock. I’m fine. I’m simply enjoying the rewards for my stupidity. N’gelt’s brown is nearby, I assume? Tell him he can be proud of his rider’s punch. It may have even knocked some sense into me! Yes, he was in pain and even mad at both himself and N’gelt but R’nd knew when he was at fault and knew it wouldn’t do anyone any good if he retaliated. I’shan would be upset and their friendship was one that would be missed and not one to lose over a fight at the dining table.

Instead, R’nd pushed back his hair from his face and grabbed his glass of wine with a surprisingly steady hand and guzzled the contents before setting it back down. He rose in silence, tucking his chair back in. The brownrider seemed to have forgotten his presence already so R’nd kept his gaze on I’shan as he went to the counter where an unopened bottle of wine was. He grabbed it and saluted his friend with it; if I’shan wanted to complain about him pilfering it, he could do so another day. R’nd needed alcohol in his system and needed it now with plans to have half the bottle drained before he made it to his hut where he would sulk about his gorgeous face being marred. He had no doubt a nasty black eye and bruised cheek would greet him in the morning.

“I think I should leave you lovebirds alone and return to my own home. It was great meeting you, N’gelt; a lot of fun. I’shan, the meal was great, as always, and thanks for the hospitality.”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The kick was forceful and definitly intended as a strong hint, but by shards, it wasn't serious. Things got serious very swiftly however, as N'gelt's pride infused itself with the alcohol in his system. In a triumphant surge of masculinity, N'gelt both proved his dominance and settled the question of whether or not he ever lost anything. Clearly the answer was 'no'.

I'shan had literally no idea what to do. His jaw slacked as he watched his friend recoil from the blow, barely keeping his chair from toppling to the floor. R'nd was obviously in a similar shock, though I'shan respected and even envied R'nd's ability to take a blow like that without even crying out. I'shan knew without question that he would be sobbing about this time.

The fact remained that N'gelt had just punched R'nd, though. What the shards was someone supposed to do when their lover decked the living daylight out of their best friend? Moreover, neither of them seemed to be reacting to it. I'shan inched backwards, completely shocked at how R'nd just seemed to neatly pick himself up and prepare for departure, wishing them both well as if nothing had happened! And N'gelt! Just sitting back down and making small talk about dinner?

When either of them turned their heads, they'd find I'shan long gone and the door to his room pulled mostly shut; the elegant little bluerider had fled and was currently taking shelter in his room, curled up on the bed and trying to decide if he should laugh or cry. Ilveriath's gleaming eyes could be seen hovering just outside.

I believe R'nd has accepted this whole thing in good humor, though he seems to have commandeered some of your alcohol as payment the dragon observed. But if you desire, I shall check on him. Then, without awaiting a response: Ayyonth? I'shan is concerned that this will strain his friendship with R'nd. Is your rider all right? he inquired of his fellow blue.

I'shan buried his face in the bed. He couldn't handle violence, he just...couldn't. Being smacked by Erisi the day before already had him ruffled! The candidate's blow was one thing, firmly shutting him up...but his lover hitting his best friend? How did one react to that?

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Losing himself in his drunken state, N'gelt chose not to acknowledge R'nd's departure of I'shan's hut, though he did notice it, if only because he heard the door. What took him longer to notice, was I'shan's fleeing of the scene. Damn that man had a knack for just disappearing on him, even when he was completely sober! If you could call lust-haze sober. Shrugging, he adjusted his posture so he faced the table completely, giving his clothes a quick tug down into place before resuming his meal. He ate rather slowly, quite unusual considering he had a steaming plate of wherry meat before him.

Once he was finished, a good ten to twenty minutes later he stood, sucking the last few drops of ale from his bottle. Putting it down with a rather loud thud he turned around, wondering where I'shan had disappeared to. He hadn't left the hut, not only would there be no point but he hadn't heard the front door open and close again. His eyes eventually fell on the door leading to I'shan's bedroom, sitting slightly ajar. Striding over he pushed it open, firmly enough that I'shan could notice it if he was listening, but not so much that it would slam against the wall.

Standing in the doorway he stood and stared at I'shan, taking in the curled up form of the Bluerider. It was clear he was upset, but how did you deal with upset? When sober, N'gelt found himself avoiding such emotional situations that required talking and the like. But now in his drunken state, the stupid thought entered his head to console his lover. That's what you did right? You consoled those you loved? Nevermind that nobody knew if N'gelt had a compassionate and sympathetic bone in his body.

N'gelt took a deep breath before he walked over to the bed, sitting beside I'shan's feet, letting them press against his thighs. He hesitated, mind reeling with what he was doing. What on pern was he doing? His hand reached out slowly, touching I'shan's thigh lightly. "…I'shan?" The name sounded strange, so unsure and confused but still sounding gravelly and strong at the same time. Swallowing he patted his thigh firmly. "There, there." Well, while he had the general idea, N'gelt didn't quite have the process of consoling quite yet. His attempt showed how deeply he secretly cared for I'shan however, something that he hadn't felt to anyone in well over a decade.

R'nd
of Blue Ayyonth

Date of Birth
09.11.703, 41
Height
6'2
Eyes
Grey
Build
Fit
Hair
Blonde, shaggy

Threads

R’nd had caught I’shan’s retreating form, an act that put a temporary halt in his departure. He wanted to check on his friend, let him know it wasn’t anything to be upset over because R’nd knew that was exactly why I’shan left. If he was going to laugh, it would have been done in front of him. If there was going to be scandalized shock, it too would have been done at the table. This action could only mean his friend was having a breakdown due to an excess of violence and the men involved in it. It didn’t matter, though. He may have been stupid enough to tease the wrong man but R’nd knew stepping a foot near I’shan’s bedroom would spell death for him. Sighing and hoping N’gelt possessed even an ounce of kindness for the sensitive bluerider, R’nd made his exit with a small limp as that kick had been well placed.

Once outside and convinced he wasn’t going to be chased for a proper beat down brought on by leaving, R’nd sank against the door and moaned from the pain the punch had created now that the shock was wearing off completely. Ayyonth’s yellow swirling eyes were spotted immediately and the wailing his dragon greeted him with broke R’nd’s frozen heart. “I’m sorry, darling. I didn’t mean to upset you.” Forgetting his own pain for the moment, R’nd went to Ayyonth’s wrapping around the blue’s neck in a loving embrace, though he was mindful of the bottle of wine as inflicting any sort of damage on the beautiful beast did not sit well with the sandy blonde. Ayyonth whimpered and nuzzled him though R’nd sensed he was distracted, likely still passing on his congratulations to Saquith or harassing Ilveriath. Turned out he was only partially right, something that night was drilling home nicely.

Ilveriath says I’shan is concerned about your friendship. There’s nothing for him to fear, is there? He’s not the one who hit you and whole you’re a bit dense you aren’t one to misdirect your anger. R’nd actually managed a smile, Ayyonth’s relayed message with his own take added in giving him a small calming effect. He was angry and had kept it well in check but where was the good in fighting with the brownrider which would bring down D’rem’s wrath and only further hurt I’shan in the process? Anyway, he knew it was his poorly timed gloating that was intended to needle while also complimenting the interesting way the two men he was dining with met.

He’s the one in control of the fate of our friendship. I brought him pain when normally I try to keep him from hurting. Relay that to me, he is still one of my dearest friends which is why I’m leaving now to give them space and sulk over my face in private. If nothing else, I’shan would understand the distress brought on by having his gorgeous face temporarily marred. Ilveriath, R’nd says he is still friends with I’shan. He cherishes what they have so I do not think your rider should worry over this. R’nd will be fine tomorrow after he cries about his face and stupidity.

R’nd waited for the confirmation that the message was passed along only nodding in approval as he wasn’t aware of Ayyonth’s personal spin on what he planned on doing once home. Now it was time to make that trip home, shaking his head when Ayyonth knelt to let him up. His own hut wasn’t far and the walk back would do wonders for cooling off as well as polishing off a good portion of the bottle he had acquired. R’nd gave a loving pat to his blue’s hide and conveyed as much, letting him stay to talk more with Ilveriath or go home ahead of him. You know I’ll do neither and instead stay close to you. Who knows what further trouble you’ll land yourself in without me nearby!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

The news was as Ilveriath expected. ...Humans and their faces he said with dull humor, taking joy in the extreme literalness in Ayyonth's response. However, the blue dragon's mischievous tone was tempered also with light concern. He rumbled softly as he watched Ayyonth and his rider retreat. Take care, then. I am sorry your rider is in pain he said, silently withdrawing from the other dragon's mind before angling his head towards the hut.

I'shan? Come outside. I am here

No! I don't want to go past the kitchen I'shan said impetuously.

If dragons could sigh, Ilveriath would have. That makes no sense he observed, but decided not to question it. His rider was a selectively delicate creature, and telling him how silly he was being would only upset him more. Instead, the dragon crooned and positioned his snout just outside the window, eyes glowing dimly in the night air, and watched over I'shan as he remained in his curled-up, indignant position.

As perplexed as Ilveriath was, he understood that I'shan was genuinely distressed. I'shan hated violence and had no concept of how to properly handle it. The violent he witnessed was of the worst kind, too; lover on friend.

Time passed, and I'shan was able to calm himself under the warming presence of Ilveriath. When N'gelt entered the room, I'shan didn't even notice.It wasn't until the brownrider actually touched him that I'shan snapped back to reality and lifted his head.

N'gelt's gentle touch turned into an awkward consolation and another gentle pat. So heavily endeared by the sheer awkwardness if it, I'shan couldn't help but break out into a silly smile. "Aw..." was all he managed as he sat up and arranged himself  next to N'gelt, leaning over and burying his face in the man's neck. He sniffled softly, but was able to swallow any tears, perhaps thanks to Ilveriath's gentle watch and calming, bolstering influence.

I'shan wanted very badly to ask why N'gelt would have done such a thing, but he was a little scared to do so. Instead he just squeezed the brownrider tightly, body shuddering just a bit as he recalled the incident. "Remind me to never piss you off," he squeaked.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

N'gelt's alcohol-hazed mind was slowly clearing with the gravity of the situation, though perhaps not as quickly as one would hope for. I'shan's body curled against him stirred a great deal of lust which he expressed by running a hand over the Bluerider's shoulder, though it could be perceived as being a comfort instead. He could feel I'shan's tenseness against him, his worry permeating the haze in his mind. I'shan's words struck home, his first instinct was to agree with him, that pissing him off was a terrible idea. But would he hurt I'shan? He frowned lightly as the realisation struck him.

"I would never hurt you," he murmured. It had been a long time since he had known he could never hurt someone. Further thought would reveal he hadn't felt that way since he Impressed Saquith, even his past relationships couldn't claim such a strong statement. I'shan's squeeze of his body made N'gelt purr deeply, despite the shudder that followed it. Gently he trailed his fingers up and down I'shan's arm absentmindedly, his mind wandering about in a daze.

"Why did you leave?" He asked after a long span of silence. Even if he had been completely sober, N'gelt wasn't exactly top of the class when it came to emotions and understanding them. He was at a complete loss as to why I'shan had vanished after he'd punched R'nd, in fact he didn't even contemplate the thought that it had been his violence that had caused his lover's freak out.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I would never hurt you

I'shan's smile at those words was unprecedented. He believed them, if only because as far as he could see, N'gelt never said anything he didn't mean. Shards, N'gelt didn't even talk if he didn't have to. Why would he open his mouth and waste his voice on something he didn't even mean? Pleased to no end, the bluerider threw his arms around N'gelt and embraced him tightly, his mood almost immediately rebounded. He was still shaken, but I'shan was unpredictable and while easily ruffled, he was generally easy to appease as well. Assuming he hadn't been too badly offended. Right now, all he wanted was reassurance.

He smiled and leaned close, planting a kiss on N'gelt's cheek. "Because I hate violence," he said, feeling positively weak saying uch a thing to a big, strong man like N'gelt. He compensated with a huge smile. "I was just a little...I dunno, spooked. I thought you guys were about to get in a fight," he said hastily. He hated the idea of those two getting in a fight. He didn't like the prospect of having to take sides.

He reached up and ran his fingers through N'gelt's hair with one hand. "I hope I didn't upset you by running off.  I just got kind of...scared, I guess. I was afraid you guys were going to fight, and I was going to have to watch my lover and my best friend hurt each other," he said, pressing the side of his head against's N'gelt's chest and sighing gently.

Page Selection

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)