World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Riddle Me This [C'vir]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
C'vir watched M'din's bulky form disappear into the kitchen, and, finding himself alone, gazed longingly at the hut's front door. If he moved quickly enough, he could get out before the other brownrider returned, escaping the grime and the specials of the day. Besulth could say he'd been called aware on urgent business... or something. C'vir no longer particularly cared. You'd ask me to disappoint our lovely new friend? I wouldn't dream of it. It'd break his little heart. The brownrider rolled his eyes, sinking despondently into his chair as M'din returned, eliminating his small window of opportunity. His "little heart" has plenty of padding.

To his renewed dismay, the man came bearing what appeared to be the entirety of a cooked herdbeast. Despite C'vir's fervent hopes that the spread was the other rider's morning snack, the platter was placed directly in front of him -- not M'din -- on the table. He eyed it uneasily, not the slightest bit interested in chancing his good health on the consumption of a hunk of congealed meat that had been exposed to who-knew-what for who-knew-how-long. The food was further devalued by the fact that it was sharing the table with a dirty flit doll. He smiled tightly, trying not to wrinkle his nose in distaste as he nudged the plate away from him. "Thank you, for the... refreshments, but as I said, I'm not particularly hungry." He took a sip of the water, but not before surreptitiously inspecting the liquid for any floating food particles. He had to assume that M'din's dishes were only as clean as the rest of his home, and thus highly suspect. The water itself was palatable enough; he raised his glass briefly in M'din's direction to indicate his (admittedly limited gratitude), then set the beverage back on the table before him.

Alarmingly, M'din did not remain seated for long. The rider shuffled off into the corner where he'd earlier shoved a mass of soiled clothing and proceeded to dig around in the lump of garish garments. C'vir, for approximately the seventh time in his short encounter with M'din, almost groaned. What the hell is he doing now? You should have let me escape when I had the chance. Besulth, ignoring his rider, chortled mentally at Armath instead. That's not going to go over well. He's already tried to bolt once.

C'vir had started to feel as though he were in the midst of a bad dream, a nightmare in which an overly solicitous man with a distressing amount of body hair tried in numerous unconventional ways to kill him. Disease-ridden living quarters, contaminated foodstuffs, and now, floral tunics distressing enough to potentially trigger seizures. His eyes bulged when M'din deposited the shirt -- bedraggled from the squalor of the surroundings and bedecked with woven golden daisies -- directly into his unprotected lap. He stared, perturbed, at the rumpled wad, refusing to put his hands anywhere near it. He drew in a deep breath, fingers tightening in on themselves until his knuckles were white. Not only was he stuck with this thing on his lap, M'din was suddenly rambling on about weight gain and greenriders, and Besulth's unabashed delight was pressing uncomfortably on the edges of his consciousness. When he finally looked up, he'd conjured the closest semblance of equanimity he was capable of under the circumstances. "You are. Too kind." He took another drink of water, wishing M'din had poured him a bit of something stronger. "I couldn't possibly accept such a generous gift." 

Eager to both forget the atrocities lying on his legs and evade any further conversation involving greenriders or his nonexistent love life, he waved a hand dismissively. "I don't date, and I most definitely don't bother myself with greenriders. Or any other riders, for that matter." He wanted to be sure that particular subject came to an emphatic end. "But it sounds like you've a whole horde of offspring. Does that mean you've got a horde of women, too?" C'vir had learned that, in most situations, it was possible to deflect questions about one's own relationships by inquiring into the relationships of others. Though M'din didn't look like a ladies' man, he'd sired enough children  for C'vir to assume there would be at least one or two females the other brownrider would be willing to ramble about for awhile, even if he weren't the sort to brag about his conquests. Poor women, the brownrider thought. M'din didn't seem to practice the standard "love 'em and leave 'em" approach, but females were stuck being little more than broodmares for a succession of men nonethless. "I had four sisters," he volunteered, further steering the conversation into the comparatively safe realm of familial ties. "Three of them died in childhood, which meant our family rarely had more than two children around at a time." He rarely thought of his deceased sisters. They'd lived too briefly, and he'd been too young to think of them as real. Even Vecena, his sole surviving sister, had been sent off before they'd been old enough to develop any genuine relationship. He remembered his slightly older sibling as a quiet, obedient girl, who stayed out of their mother's way (and thus also C'vir's) as much as she could manage. They exchanged dry letters lacking warmth and familiarity once a turn; the brownrider thought of her as little more than a polite but distant stranger.

Total word count: 919. I'm sooooorrrrryyyy. Don't continue to match me; I'm afraid my word count will continue to swell outrageously if you do, lol.

PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 2 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by M'din - 15.Apr.13, 11:14 AM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by C'vir - 18.Apr.13, 03:18 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by M'din - 18.Apr.13, 06:18 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by C'vir - 22.Apr.13, 10:47 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by M'din - 23.Apr.13, 02:23 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by C'vir - 09.May.13, 04:34 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by M'din - 10.May.13, 10:52 PM
Re: Riddle Me This [C'vir] - by C'vir - 22.May.13, 11:06 PM