World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Who Would Write That?! [Invite]

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
She wasn’t sure when it became habit but Rhaedalyn had taken to checking the bulletin board each morning and evening to make sure she didn’t miss anything important. Most of the time nothing new was added or it was simply little notes about quiet gatherings or offers to help in a certain chore. She had even considered adding a note about mending clothing or taking requests to make clothes just so she’d have something to fill her down time as well as a way to interact with new people. She had yet to do so but now that she had a little blue firelizard and they were becoming the new trend of the weyr, Rhaedalyn had been struck with the idea to make cute little clothes for the creatures. Once she made a few outfits for Muffin, perhaps she’d start offering them to other owners as well!

That afternoon on the way to the midday meal, Rhaedalyn spotted a couple of people near the bulletin board and decided to check it out after eating instead of waiting until she tasks of the day were completed. Something had obviously recently gone up and there wasn’t a point in waiting around to read it, especially if it was something major and everyone ended up talking about the details. She ate alone that day, for no other reason than it being one of the days where her schedule didn’t match well with her friends but it suited Rhaedalyn fine now that she had Muffin and the flitter was still so ravenous. Every few bites she took, a large piece was given to Muffin to work on. When it seemed like his hunger was finally ebbing and Rhaedalyn didn’t feel like the food she ate wasn’t helping at all with the pains, she tidied up her spot, scooped up the stuffed and currently lazy firelizard and headed out.

She hugged Muffin close to her chest, enjoying the way he cuddled up against her and rewarded him with a little scratch above the eye ridges while she walked over to the now deserted board. Humming to herself, she scanned the papers until the new one popped out at her. It didn’t seem formatted like a normal announcement and curious, she took her time reading it over.

The opening paragraph sounded so sad! Was this a love letter of a greenrider waiting for his bluerider mate to return? Oh! What if it was about the Plague and how the bluerider died and the greenrider continued to wait each night all the same, hoping to see him again? The mere thought brought tears to Rhaedalyn’s eyes. It was so tragic and beautiful! The loyalty and love they must have had to provoke such a reaction in the survivor was something she could only dream about having with someone. She quickly dabbed away the unshed tears and readied herself to continue reading into the sneak peek of a tragic soul.

“Oh, R’nd,” B’jin sighed weakly,

Rhaedalyn squeaked as she read the names and then read them again to make sure she hadn’t misread the tricky honorifics and replaced them with ones she knew. They were certainly the names of her teacher and his lover which completely destroyed the idea she held about what the letter was! Now suddenly cautious as she was curious, Rhaedalyn read on and each sentence turned her cheeks a deeper shade of crimson. What was this? Had this actually happened and someone recorded it for all to bear witness to? She knew, like everyone else in Katila, that the pair had a falling out thanks to the firelizards but they had recently made up and seemed as adorable and in love as ever. Was this how they actually made up?

By the time she read the last lines that had R’nd climaxing, Rhaedalyn had covered her mouth in shock and felt truly scandalised. How could someone write such a thing? It couldn’t have been real unless one of the men involved actually wrote it since it was so intimate. That didn’t make sense either though! B’jin would never allow such a piece of work to be shared publically so it had to be stolen. Someone couldn’t actually write it simply because they were fans of the adorable pair, right?

Oh! What if people thought she wrote it? Many knew she loved love and romance and swooned over the happy couples around the weyr, especially B’jin and R’nd who always had the population chattering. Standing near the written work was surely a sign that she wrote it! It didn’t matter that people saw it before she came along. If anyone saw her there now, they would assume she had posted it herself. This was horrible! Should she remove it? Run away? What should she do!

Severely backdated to Month 9 when the mysterious note about R'nd and B'jin was posted.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
"Here ya go, squirt," I'shan said, holding a piece of meatroll towards his hair. The bluerider was having what might common;ly be described as a 'bad hair day'; it had been fluffy and unmanageable ever since he woke up, so at some point he surrender and just let it do what it wanted. He thought the look worked, though.

So did Squee. The tiny brown's head appeared from I'shan's nest of hair and happily accepted the pinch of food. I'shan laughed and gave the fragile creature a small pat before popping the rest of the meatroll in his mouth. Squee was still tiny, only three days old, but already he seemed like an inseparable member of the team. Ilveriath was patient with him and had no fear at all, and so far no one had overreacted too much...

I'shan was, of course, bored. He'd been roaming for a while now, searching for something (or anything) interesting to do with his free time. Luck would have it that as he left the dining hall and entered the square, he noticed something mildly eye-catching. Hey look, Ilv. There's that cute girl we searched

I'shan hadn't seen her in a long time, though she was adorable and from a distance appeared quite sweet. For some reason, she always seemed to show up wherever blueriders gathered, so she couldn't be all bad. Cute! She was probably swooning over their collective bluerider manliness! Today, though, he was by herself, eyeing the bulletin board with a look of scandal and horror.

Scadal? Horror? I'shan was already running. Squee clung to his hair, squeaking in alarm as he bounced across the grass and up behind the girl. Squee chirped, snout emerging from his nest atop I'shan's head, eyes resting on Muffin.  A little brother! The brown chittered for his attention, tiny wings flaring comically and giving I'shan a most unfashionable hat.

The bluerider's eyes were racing over the bulletin, though. B'jin? And R'nd? By the egg, Ilv, I'm home at last the bluerider thought comically, eyes brightening with amusement. This is...kinda hot

It was very hot. Uncomfortably hot.

I'shan cleared his throat and, with great dignity, plucked the paper from the bulletin board. "My goodness," he said, blushing faintly as he folded it and put it in his pocket. "How inappropriate for public view..." He winked at the girl.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn was so wrapped up in her embarrassment and fear about being caught that she didn’t see the buerider approach and catch her. She squeaked in a most undignified way, hazel eyes going as large and round as dinner plates as she stared in horror at I’shan. She didn’t know what to say and held off on saying anything as I’shan was clearly into reading the story. Strange how someone could take such amusement from such a story! Wasn’t he friends with both men as well? Maybe he was the author and putting on a show for her! When the page was taken down, Rhaedalyn knew he wasn’t the author after all but she had a feeling she was about to be accused.

“I agree,” she nodded her head several times to punctuate her statement while wide eyes continued to stare at I’shan. When was he going to accuse her of writing it? What would he ask to keep it quiet when he didn’t believe her? When that didn’t come and only Muffin scrambling to greet the poor brown firelizard Rhaedalyn had completely overlooked, she finally snapped a bit out of her daze. “I didn’t write that, bluerider sir,” she nibbled on her lower lip. It was always confusing as to how she should address riders, especially since some of them didn’t stand on formalities and preferred to just be addressed with their honorifics. This, however, was an odd situation and she figured being extra polite was a good idea.

Slowly she held up Muffin so the little blue could bump noses with Squee which seemed to calm her hyper blue down a bit. He crooned at his new friend and Rhaedalyn continued to stare at I’shan. “I truly didn’t. They’re both kind and my instructors and…” and she didn’t know anything about sex let alone how giving oral should be written. With a blush, Rhaedalyn stared down at I’shan’s feet even as she continued holding Muffin up to visit with his new friend. She had to look silly but she’d take that over looking like a guilty culprit!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan's smile widened as he looked to the girl, who seemed so sweet and innocent in her assurances! "Aw, I'm not accusing you!" I'shan said, patting the pocket of his shirt and smirking a bit as he thought about the prize he'd just secured. "You don't look like much of a smut-writer, no offense!" He laughed openly, eyes bright with amusement.

Squee let out a little chirp and leaned forward, politely bumping noses with Muffin, his entire little body shivering in excitement. I'shan carefully reached up to remove the little beast from his hair and transferred him instead to cupped hands. The little brown, every bit as hyperactive as Muffin, let out a soft purr and a series of chittering sounds, all of which I'shan ignored. It was cute how the fire lizards seemed to talk, but he had serious business to discuss, like B'jin and R'nd!

"It's I'shan, by the way.  or just Shel.  Phht, sir!" he said, flailing his arms playfully. "That's pretty freakin' hilarious, though. I wonder who put it up!" I'shan's face began to heat up as he considered the contents again.

The bluerider’s wet clothes clung easily to his slender body. His mere presence made the weak greenrider’s flesh quiver.

Mmmm.

I'shan flushed even deeper  and allowed a distinctly girlish giggle to escape his throat. "Has anyone else seen this? Oh, poor Jinny will die from embarrassment!" Oh, I'shan could just pinch him!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“Oh! Definitely no offence taken,” Rhaedalyn quickly assured I’shan as he rightly pegged her as someone who didn’t write smut. She was actually ridiculously relieved that she wasn’t being accused and visibly relaxed with some of the tension of their confrontation melting away. Of course there was still the fact she had read something that shouldn’t have been seen and it made her a little uncomfortable like she had peered in on their personal lives together. It was also a little embarrassing that as lewd as it was, it was still also a bit romantic and Rhaedalyn swooned over that sort of thing.

B’jin pining for R’nd? R’nd making a grand return? Both men reunited in their passion that couldn’t be cooled? If only she could be as lucky!

Hilarious, however, she didn’t find it. It was embarrassing for herself and would probably kill the subjects from it as well. I’shan only served to confirm it seconds after she had the thought and from what she knew, he would know thanks to being such good friends with both men. Poor B’jin! Her heart went out to the dear greenrider that seemed to be having a tough time lately with R’nd, firelizards, and now this story.

Oops! I’shan had asked her a question with that synchronized thought about embarrassment and it would be horribly rude to ignore the man. “I saw a few people at the board when I was going in for my meal earlier. I came straight here after eating so I’m not sure how many others may have read it, sir. I’shan. Sorry.” She was apologising more for the name slip-up but also for being a bit useless in the information department. Rhaedalyn wasn’t even sure she could name the ones she had seen.

A pout tugged at her mouth over her mini failure but Muffin did his best to make her smile again by chirping excitedly at Squee, likely telling the little brown a story. “He’s very cute and seems to have become a friend of Muffin’s already. What’s his name?” Was it rude to ask after the firelizard during such a serious conversation? She hoped not! She just needed a little distraction from the images still lingering in her mind from the story.

Thinking about her sweet teacher sexually was a bit mortifying but thinking about R’nd sexually kept an even blush on her cheeks and made it hard to keep from swooning into I’shan’s arms. Some of the men in Katila should be outlawed for how sexy they were!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan giggled. This girl was so precious! Why hadn't he added her to his flock of gossiping partners turns ago?! "Don't apologize to me!" I'shan said, pulling Squee to his chest so the creature would instinctively cling to the front of his clothes. Once the flit was secure, I'shan reached out and placed his fingers in the girl's delightfully fluffy hair and gave it a good ruffle, taking care not to pull it or tangle it too badly, but clearly having fun with the gesture just the same.

"You don't ever have to apologize to me, m'kay? I'm just Shel, and I'm not better than anyone and I probably don't deserve to be apologized to," he purred, laughing a little at the joke he'd made at his own expense.

Undoubtedly true a sweet voice called out. Ilveriath, who'd spent much of the day making lazy circles overhead, sailed down on a nice warm thermal and fanned his wings over the square, settling mere feet away. Squee cheeped and clung more tightly to I'shan's shirt as the dragon settled, sending a few firm gusts of breeze in their direction.

Ilveriath crooned a greeting to the girl and sent himself to poking around in her mind. A candidate, and a highly Impressionable one at that! She was outside the normal range that the blue commanded, though. He rumbled, slowly pushing his nose forward so it hovered between I'shan and the girl, one shining eye watching each of them.

Squee hopped from his spot on I'shan's shirt, settling clumsily on Ilveriath's nose. The dragon rumbled again. I'shan laughed. "Oh! This is Ilveriath," he said as he shooed Squee father down, towards the first of Ilveriath's neck. "And the little bugger is Squee." Then, without warning, I'shan wrapped his arms around his dragon's head and squeezed.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Was she being petted? Rhaedalyn blinked rapidly several times as she came to terms with I’shan ruffling her mop of curls. This was definitely one hands on bluerider! She tensed only a little, hiding the reaction by mimicking I’shan and clinging Muffin close to her chest. She didn’t mind friendly physical contact and while the man before her was extremely energetic, he wasn’t really threatening. In fact, he was a bit like V’zire. He begged to be hugged and teased and befriended! Before she could give in to the whim of stealing a hug from the bluerider that believed her innocent, a dragon was suddenly approaching.

Like most daydreaming young girls, Rhaedalyn had always fantasized about the handsome rider on a big bronze dragon that swooped down to grab her out of love at first sight. However, she wasn’t entirely against the other colours which was evident in how much she loved Niskziath. Ilveriath himself was a beautiful blue that seemed as curious as he was friendly. She was instantly smitten with the fellow and couldn’t suppress the giggle when Squee started climbing on his nose or the way I’shan suddenly latched onto Ilveriath. The bond between rider and dragon was so magical! She could watch riders around their dragons all day and never grow tired of it.

“It’s lovely to meet you, Ilveriath, and you as well, Squee,” Rhaedalyn couldn’t get over how cute the firelizard’s name was! She nearly sounded like she was squeeing as she said the name and couldn’t stop smiling over it. What an interesting man to go with such a name. Why hadn’t they properly talked before – if discussing smut counted as a proper conversation? She supposed it was her own fault thanks to being grumpy and closed off when she first arrived. When she finally started to open up, not everyone had been as wonderful as V’zire and the few rejections stung too much to keep trying. I’shan hadn’t approached her so she did the same. Now she was regretting her shyness!

The shyness was also keeping her from petting Ilveriath though she did move Muffin a bit closer when the flit tried to sniff at him. Some riders were protective of their dragons and others, while not entirely mean, didn’t like strangers pawing at them. Finally, in a small voice, she asked anyway, thinking that manners would earn her points. “Is it okay if I touch Ilveriath?”

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"Nawwww, look at you," I'shan said, turning his head to watch as the little blue flit sniffed at Ilveriath. Neither dragon nor rider minded the intrusion. Both of them were quite fond of the little creatures, and I'shan rusted Ilveriath completely when the dragon insisted that the beasts were no danger. Squee chirped, climbing over I'shan's arms and head to get back towards the dragon's snout, where he could more easily poke his own nose towards Muffin.

"Of course you can touch him," I'shan cooed, releasing his grip on the dragon before giving his snout a firm pat. "Ilv likes people. He loves being petted and stroked, too..." Ilveriath had always been a touchy dragon, enjoying even the casual caresses of strangers. The beast lifted his head to look at Rhae more directly, moving carefully so he wouldn't disturb the fire lizards. He purred to her softly, encouraging her to touch, promising that he would welcome the attention.

"Ilv is pretty laid back," I'shan continued. He lifted Squee from the dragon's head and set him on his own shoulder, where the fire lizard immediately made himself comfortable. He purred as I'shan lifted one finger to lightly tickle his side. "He probably wouldn't mind taking you on a ride, if you wanted." I'shan and Ilveriath loved taking people on rides, but he'd had some of the girls turn him down before..something about it not being ladylike, but shards to that! Rides were fun. Why did so many girls hate fun?

This one didn't seem to, though!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn smiled at the permission though it was a small one. She was self-conscious about her teeth that seemed so big and uniform to her that they were usually hidden behind a hand but since she was holding Muffin, she did her best to restrain her excitement. Slowly she reached out toward Ilveriath. He wasn’t the first dragon she had touched given she had been at Katila for several turns and often spent time with V’zire and Niskziath but he was still a new dragon and even with his sweet encouragements, she didn’t want to startle either of them. However, once her hand touched his smooth hide, all previous efforts were forgotten and she beamed at Ilveriath and then I’shan as she petted the kind dragon. How was it that there were people in the world that didn’t like these majestic creatures?

Before she could comment or even thank them both for letting her touch Ilveriath, I’shan mentioned giving rides and Rhaedalyn froze in the petting and gawked wide-eyed at the rider. “O-oh! I wouldn’t want to impose!” That was awfully kind of I’shan but could she really accept such an offer or take it seriously? From the little she knew about I’shan she believed it wasn’t a ploy to get them alone together so he could have his wicked way with her – mostly because she was female. If her assumption was correct I’shan hung out in the same boat as V’zire, which kind of made him a safe bluerider to spend time with, right? It wasn’t like she was being a colourist with that thought, but Rhaedalyn heard the gossip and knew how wild some blueriders could get but she wanted to believe I’shan knew his limits.

Besides, was she really dressed for such an adventure right then and with adorable Muffin being so young was it okay to fly? Well, she supposed it wouldn’t hurt Muffin any since the little fellow came out of his egg with wings flapping and flying after food so it was really only her own hesitation holding her back on a proper answer. “I would like to, it doesn’t have to be now though if you’re busy of course. And I’m not sure how well a long skirt works as riding gear.” She did own two pairs of pants but Rhaedalyn preferred not to wear them unless she was helping with a gathering chore or knew in advance she would do some flying.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath crooned, pressing his neck up against her hand in a clear gesture of appreciation. He loved being petted, and this girl was so sweet and pleasantly delighted to be doing so that he couldn't help but share the delight.  This girl has a kind heart and grand potential the creature said softly to I'shan, whirling eyes never leaving Rhaedalyn. She will make a little one very happy.

I'shan grinned. "Ilveriath is a search dragon," he said as he casually scaled the dragon's side ad mounted himself on the back of the beast's neck. "He says you're one heck of a candidate!" He imagined all the dragonriders said as much to this pretty girl, but no matter! It meant more when I'shan said it, because he actually meant it! It never occurred to him that he might look like he was flattering, but why should it? He was totally serious, and utterly pleased even if she wasn't one of his own searchees.

He held out one hand. "Impose? Come on now, he's got wings, doesn't he? A good fly is never a problem," he said. He paused and took a moment to analyze her mode of dress. Eh. Skirts probably weren't the best, but you only live once, yes?

"Um, we'll figure out what to do about the skirt," he said, wrinkling his nose at the thought of women's undergarments. He figured he could just pull it up a bit, right? It wasn't exactly safe to ride a dragon sidesaddle. But that came next; first he had to actually get her on the dragon.

Ilveriath offered some encouragement. I would never harm so sweet a creature. You are safe. He rumbled a bit and nosed her encouragingly.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“Thank you,” Rhaedalyn whispered, eyes down to stare at Ilveriath’s feet while her face heated with embarrassment. It was nice to hear from a Searchrider that she held great potential for Impressing but it was still a bit frustrating when she had yet to and she feared the outcome of the approaching Hatching as well. She would certainly be a failure in the eyes of the man that brought her to Katila if that didn’t go well. But she’d angst over that when there was a more appropriate time. Right now, she had I’shan offering to take her flying and he was being ever so sweet to her that she simply couldn’t say no after all!

Rhaedalyn startled at the nosing she was given and the sweet voice in her head. Hazel eyes were wide as she stared at Ilveriath and slowly smiled at the beast. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to imply you would be anything but gentle or careful, Ilveriath.” Leaning in close, she gave a quick kiss to the top of the dragon’s snout and then plopped Muffin down in the same spot. “Please watch him for me for a moment.” She didn’t want to jostle him about too much as she tried to climb up the large blue. She had done this countless times with Niskziath but they had it down to a routine where they both knew what the other would do or need and Rhaedalyn had usually been in pants.

She mapped out what seemed to be a good route and used I’shan as the goal since the bluerider would surely help her up the rest of the way. Naturally some reservations about the man and situation were still held but she decided it wouldn’t be too bad to trust him enough to at least assist her and she didn’t think he’d want the reputation of dropping or scaring a girl while flying for the rest of his life either. So she began scrambling up the dragon’s side and reached a hand toward I’shan even as she mentally prepared for how she’d straighten her skirt just enough to keep covered once she was seated.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath's eyes flushed an even deeper shade of blue, whirling sweetly and excitedly. I never believed you'd made such an implication he said, causing I'shan to roll his eyes. "Look at you, sweet talking the ladies!" I'shan said, popping the dragon with an open palm as he laughed and reached out to help the adorably awkward girl mount the dragon. I'shan was mildly impressed, however;  Rhae knew her way around a dragon well enough that he could guess she'd ridden before.

"You been flying before?" he asked, raising a brow in interest. Not a lot of girls liked riding, and this one's enthusiasm had already earned her a point! She was sweet and cute and gentle and her hair was so adorable that I'shan wanted to nuzzle it. She liked dragons, too? Friggin' sweet. Too bad girls' bodies were so unappealing!

Ilveriath was amused. Were it not for that aversion, I'd say you were smitten the dragon said sweetly as I'shan hoisted Rhae into place. He positioned her in front of himself and quickly strapped her in, but the skirt was a problem, as predicted.

"Um..." he grumbled, looking at it with a wrinkled nose. "You're going to have to pull it up a little." He turned ahead and shielded his eyes away, perhaps looking chivalrous but in reality worrying only about his own concerns.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

“A little. V’zire has taken me flying before but mostly I help bathe Niskziath and she lets me recline on her back when we’re in a daydreaming mood. She’s such a sweet girl.” Rhaedalyn was fond of the green and counted her as one of her closest friends. Sometimes she wondered if that was odd since even though riders counted their dragons as best friends, Niskziath wasn’t her dragon but they got along so well! She smiled at the memories of some of their odd conversations that Rhaedalyn knew V’zire either tuned out or ended up too confused to be a part of. He was so adorable in the times he was caught up in Niskziath’s private babbling and made a face he didn’t always know he made.

Once she was seated, Rhaedalyn quickly pulled out a bit of ribbon she kept in a pocket to help tie back her hair. If she really wanted to keep it in place, more would be needed and sometimes oil to help slick it in place but this would do for now. Mostly, she didn’t want it whacking I’shan in the face and being a nuisance. He was so kind to her that she didn’t want to scare him away! Oh, her skirt? Rhaedalyn blinked and stared down at where hands had tried to buckle her in and blushed. She had already forgotten her clothing and how inappropriate they were for riding. “I’m sorry!” She quickly blurted out and did her best to rearrange the material so the straps could be reached and buckled while still maintaining some modesty.

“I swear I’m not usually so much trouble,” she mumbled as Muffin came crawling up Ilveriath to jump into her arms. Her little blue was so cuddly! She hoped he stayed that way once he was more than a day old.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

"You're no trouble, you know," he assured her, winking playfully as she situated herself. "You really need to stop worrying about it so much. Trust me! I know fussy and annoying, and you are neither."

Squee appeared, nestling himself in the front of I'shan's shirt. I'shan gave him a pat through the fabric as he watched Muffin's perilous ascent up Ilveriath's neck. "Awwww," the bluerider purred as he watched the fire lizard leap adorably into her lap. It was so cute!

"He's adorable," I'shan purred. He gave Ilveriath a pat. "We;ll fly extra smooth just to make sure he doesn't get jostled too much," he promised Rhae, though he didn't expect any trouble. Squee had ridden aback Ilveriath at only a day old, so this other adorable little fellow would surely be fine as well. I'shan beamed, then wrapped his arms around her. 'All right. Hold on!"

Ilveriath rumbled, then took wing. The blue dragon shot into the air like an arrow and was quickly borne aloft. He didn't go too high, instead opting to swoop in a lazy circle around the gather square, gliding smoothly on the warm breeze. I'shan grinned and squeezed. "Having fun?" he asked, raising his voice just enough so it could be heard over the roar of the wind snapping past.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

It was a bit odd at first since Ilveriath seemed about the same size as Niskziath but once she was seated and they were taking off, everything seemed off. It was the slightest of differences but it was enough to startle Rhaedalyn as they left the ground and she gave an undignified squeak before relaxing. She was strapped in, had a bluerider holding her in place, and she still felt nicely on the dragon. There was nothing to fear! She scolded herself twice and glanced down at Muffin who clung to her skirt where he sat nestled and secure. Again she told herself she had been silly to worry at all.

Rhaedalyn giggled at the squeeze I’shan gave her when he asked if she was having fun and a nod was given in reply. Now that she didn’t think she was going to slip off, she was! They weren’t all that high or going too fast but she wasn’t a girl that needed the thrill of either – she was perfectly content with the leisurely ride. Riding a dragon was riding a dragon regardless of whatever else happened! “Oh thank you, I’shan!” She gushed, ridiculously happy to have someone else offer to take her flying and be so kind to her. In an extremely bold move, she placed a hand over one of I’shan’s and gave it a light squeeze.  She was bordering on being out of her comfort zone with how he held her and how she returned the touch but it seemed right in the moment anyway. She had to make sure I’shan knew he was appreciated!

That reminded her, “and thank you as well, Ilveriath! This is always so wonderful,” her voice was dreamy as she looked up at the clouds above. When she was daydreaming with Niskziath, the green dragon liked to fantasize about being pink but Rhaedalyn sometimes thought about what it was like to have wings and fly anytime she wanted. If she ever managed to Impress, she would be a step closer to achieving that sensation by having a dragon that would love to go flying with her whenever the whim struck. For now, Rhaedalyn was content in having friends that would offer to take her. Of course she’d never ask! That would be rude!

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Ilveriath loved it all. He loved the feeling of his small body riding the warm breeze, he loved the sense of closeness to I'shan, and he loved the excitement and joy he could feel rolling off of the girl. Rhae was a a sweet human, so filled with simple joy that Ilveriath felt he could share moments like this with her often. He loved bright and happy humans, as was evident by his choice of lifemate. I'shan didn't let a lot get him down, and he only got stronger as the turns wore on.

You are most welcome, young lady the sweet blue said in a doting tone, angling himself higher and opening his wings to a new burst of wind. The dragon sailed upward, still hanging relatively low but venturing high enough to give his passengers a good view over the trees. The lake could be seen shimmering in the distance and glossy dragon hides dotted the sky. For a moment, I'shan almost felt like things had become normal again. He gave Rhae another squeeze, not minding the pressure of her hand on his, and rested his chin on her shoulder.

The blue dragon made a few more lazy circles before I'shan directed him downward. Too much excitement probably wasn't good for the little fire lizards, and I'shan himself was getting hungry. Ilveriath complied, angling himself downward and returning to the ground, where he settled gently and gave off one final rumble of approval before lowering his head and lifting one paw to provide a step-down.

As always when giving rides, I'shan quickly unbuckled himself and sprang to the ground. Squee chittered excitedly on the way down, causing I'shan to giggle a bit. The bluerider spun around and held out his hand. "C'mon down," he said, inviting the girl to use his hand to make the descent easier.

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn delighted in them going higher and pouted when they descended. It felt like they had only taken off! Still, she understood and wasn’t going to ask for an extended trip even if the lake in the distance looked so appealing with how it sparkled under the sun. As I’shan scrambled down, Muffin was set on Ilveriath again so she would have free hands to make her way down. She smiled shyly when I’shan offered a hand to assist her. Within moments of taking it, Rhaedalyn was safely back on the ground, free hand working to keep her skirt covering everything the entire time.

“Thank you again!” Rhaedalyn practically bounced in place over how excited she was as she collected Muffin from where he had made his journey down to Ilveriath’s nose. Once again she kissed the dragon, this time as a thank you for letting her flitter use him as a playground. “You really didn’t have to take me flying but I’m so glad you did. It’s such a unique experience.”

But no matter how excited she was, there was still a reason they crossed paths and Rhaedalyn couldn’t go on pretending it didn’t exist, not when her curiosity was so strong. “Um… I’shan? What will you do with that paper? Should we tell B’jin and R’nd what was written about them?” She was so uncertain about the story and what to do with it! One thing she was certain of – it still made her blush and think of both participants way too much in far too little clothing.

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

I'shan had been quite happy to imagine the incident had never happened, or at least to appear as such for Rhae. The flight wasn't exactly a ploy to make her forget about the letter, but that was certainly a nice side effect.  Of course, as they reached the ground and situated themselves on their land legs once more, his plans came to a sudden and tragic end.

He snapped his head towards her and laughed weakly, covering his alarm with a charming grin. "Don't worry about it!" he said with a playful gesture of one hand. He wrapped one arm around Rhae's shoulders and smiled at her, reassuringly, his grip firm but gentle. "You know...B'jin is a pretty delicate guy," I'shan said lightly, almost cautiously. He glanced left and right, making sure that no one was watching them. "I don't think we really need to tell him about this. It would break his poor, sweet heart. He's so modest and gentle!"

Teehee.

He gave Rhae another squeeze. "I'll tell you what. I'll take the note to R'nd. He will know best what to do..but otherwise, for poor B'jin's sake, I think we need to keep it quiet..." I'shan had no intention of giving the note to R'nd, of course, but she sure as shards was going to talk about seeing it!

Rhaedalyn
of Gold Aradissicath

Date of Birth
21.05.709 AL, 35
Height
5'6
Eyes
Hazel
Build
Slim
Hair
Dirty blonde, curly

Threads

Rhaedalyn could tell B’jin was sensitive and wouldn’t handle that story well so she nodded in agreement that it was best that the greenrider never saw it. She would hate to be the cause of his heart ache even if she didn’t write a word of that story! He was a good man and still reminded her of someone, just barely which meant it still drove her crazy that she couldn’t place the resemblance. It was likely someone she had met in passing at a Gather in the North. Perhaps a distant relative or simply another lovely blonde man with the same quirks B’jin had.

“Okay. I’ll leave it in your hands,” R’nd seemed fairly sensible and would know what to do about the note being put up about his relationship with B’jin. She had seen him get a little skittish during certain topics but Rhaedalyn didn’t think this would spook the bluerider. He had a good head on his shoulders and seemed to care a lot for B’jin and would know how best to protect his heart and image. If only she could have someone as sweet!

On impulse thanks to feeling so comfortable around the new rider in her life, Rhaedalyn turned just enough to fling an arm around I’shan’s waist for a quick hug that wouldn’t smush Muffin. “Thank you again for believing I didn’t write that and for the flight. I’ll stop pestering you both now but I hope we can spend time together again soon!” Rhaedalyn bounced out of I’shan’s hold and after a few steps waved at the blue pair in parting. They were lovely and had been a good distraction from what she had read and I’shan was a good man to pass on the responsibility of figuring out what to do with it in regards to R’nd and B’jin.

Feeling a bit more relieved, though the images conjured from sloppily written words were still vivid in her mind, Rhaedalyn nearly skipped her way across the Square, intent on heading back to her room for a bit.

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)