World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

Our Little Secret [Solo]

Pronouns
Discord
{hidden}

Threads

Written By: ZZZ Archived
It had been a long day. I'shan peered into his pot, frowning as he realized that the stew still wasn't done. He'd left it on for hours; usually it was nice and tender by now! He could tell at a glance that it wasn't quite done, but he stuck a fork into the pot and retrieved a piece just to make sure. He dropped the chunk of meat unceremoniously into his mouth and sighed.

Not quite done. But what did it matter? It wasn't like anyone was coming to share it with him.

The bluerider sulked, feeling supremely sorry for himself in that unexpectedly lonely moment. I'shan had been filling the void with all manner of illicit activities lately, almost all of which he felt guilty for, but thrill-seeking had other disadvantages as well. When nothing was actually going on, when he was forced to slow down and let the world catch up to him, he became even more aware of his lonliness. What could he fill the void with now, alone and cold in his hut?

Oh, it was cold. I'shan sighed and trudged over to his fireplace, which he poked a few times with the metal rod positioned beside it. "N'gelt hasn't come by since I got back from the lake!" he protested aloud. I'shan had been living like a bachelor in the man's absence, but it didn't come as naturally as it once had. It was one thing to run wild when he was truly single. It was another to do so when he knew N'gelt would take exception to it! I'shan was having a blast, but he hated that nagging feeling in the back of his mind. He hated keeping secrets.

I'shan Ilveriath interrupted. The bluerider looked towards the window, where he saw Ilveriath's interested eye lurking on the other side of the glass. Look

Ilveriath's mind led I'shan's eyes downward, where he focused on the small pot of and he'd been keeping by the fire place. I'shan and his exuberant son had missed the live hatching at the lake, but they were excited regardless. I'shan hadn't actually expected his own egg to hatch, either...but as he looked now, he could see a small hint of movement under the surface!

"Oh...wow!" I'shan said, crouching beside the sand and watching with wide eyes as the wiggling intensified. Ilveriath, who'd been fond of his little cousins during his youth, began to croon pleasantly. The little one will be here soon. He will be hungry the blue said. I'shan beamed. He knew exactly what to do.

I'shan flew across the room and retrieved some more chunks of meat from the pot. As he returned to his vantage point, several were casually popped in his own mouth, though the largest was kept for his new guest. How lucky he was! I'shan was sure his egg was either a dud or dead by his own mishandling, but Ilveriath had done an excellent job reassuring him and keeping him calm. Now, a few days later, look what was happening!

I'shan had considered giving the egg to his son, who was sorely disappointed about missing out. He only paused when he considered  Ce'lie's attitude towards fire lizards. Caution won out for the time being, but if this little one worked out...Well, Isharyn would be receiving an awfully nice present in the near future! At least I'shan hoped so.

The bluerider eagerly dusted the sand off the top of the egg and watched as a split formed in the shell. "Oh!" I'shan squeaked. "Come on, little guy! You can do it!" Should he help it? Was it okay? What should he do?!

Then, with a squeak of protest, the little creature's head and neck slid free. The low light made determining the little beast's color difficult at first, but some squinting revealed the creature to be an adorable mottled brown. I'shan's heart skipped a beat.

How cute, like a little Saquith!

I'shan watched as the little brown's nostrils flared. It creeled, trying its best to snap at the food in his hand even though its limbs were not yet free from the shell. The split widened, but in his pity, I'shan could not wait. He dropped the food right in front of the fire lizard and carefully used his hands to split the shell, freeing the creature at last.

He's so cute... I'shan marveled as he watched the little brown eat. The bond came so quickly and naturally that I'shan hardly noticed it. He smiled, warmed by the fresh influx of love and the gentle support of his protective blue.

What do you intend to name him? Ilveriath asked gently.

I dunno I'shan said, reaching out to scratch the little brown's back as he continued to tear away at his first meal. It was tempting to pick the little flit up and hold it, but it needed to eat. Strange, how looking after a child only once or twice could make someone conscious of these things.

You should name him after that sound you just made Ilveriath joked lightly, only half-serious. It is the same one you made when I was born

How do you remember that?

I don't. You do.

I'shan smiled. He held out his hand as the little brown crawled closer, full and sleepy. The bluerider collected him in both hands and lifted him to his face. "Ilveriath says I should name you 'Squee'," he said playfully, producing the best onomatopoeia he could for the sound in question. "What do you think?"

In an action completely unrelated to the question, the fire lizard licked his nose.

I'shan giggled. "Okay! Okay. I guess that's your name, then!"

For that night, I'shan was not alone, but every time he looked at his new friend he thought of N'gelt and his handsome brown.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)