World of Pern
Latest Updates

2023/08/04 Hello loves! While I haven't been writing, I have been working on updating some issues that have been hanging around on the layout! The Character change box is now at the bottom of the page, beside the up/down arrows! Green and Gold dragon flight dates have been shifted to the bottom of the page, where the (useless!) discord widget was located. Where the dragon flights were in the header, is now replaced by a Monthly Event box! This will be updated at the start of each month, with a fun mini-event you can take part in, if you want to! Thistle!
2023/01/07 Welcome to the New Year! We are now ELEVEN years old! Thank you, all of you, for your love and writing! I am looking forward to spending another year with youall! In addition, a new Default colour scheme is in progress and will hopefully be available soon! All my love! ThistleProse
2022/07/29 Gold Malvayth and Bronze Xyxyth clutch is Hatching! Come and join the shenannigans 743.08.03 | NIGHT STALKERS HATCHING and bring the popcorn!
2022/05/11 Gold Malvayth has Flown, caught by Bronze Xyxyth of A'tay. Their Hatching will be PC, and take place in Telgar in August around the 20-22nd! Update your Candidate Applications and prepare for some fun!
2022/04/21 New default layout! I hope you enjoy it! If you find any bugs, please report them in the discord #bug-squishing channel!
05/JUL It’s Hatching time!! Come take part in the shenanigans here
30/JUN Gold Thallyath of Ista Weyr has laid a clutch! More information here
27/JUN A bluerider, and then a greenrider, are found dead. More information here
25/JUN The Touching is up! Take part here
30/MAY After the Touching, many Candidates found themselves preyed upon in the form of their food. More information here
18/MAY Another goldrider - Ameris of Benden - is attacked. More information here
05/MAY Multiple individuals are attacked whilest out of the Weyr! More information here
04/MAY Take a chance OOC and guess who you think the murderer is! You can win prizes! More information here
03/MAY Goldrider Cazan and her twin brother Cazelarias are attacked. More information here
24/APR Goldrider Ashara of Fort is murdered by two brownriders. More information here
12/APR Searchrider B’jin was attacked at Telgar Weyr, surffering a slash to his throat. While in Benden, bluerider B’dor is found dead in his weyr. More info here
05/APRMore attacks occurred today. More information here
03/APRMultiple individuals found their death this day; more information here and here
28/MAR Tragedy has struck again! Across all the Weyrs, multiple people - primarily dragonriders - have fallen ill after eating muffins. There have been multiple deaths, and others are in criticle condition. More information here
24/MAR Weyrwoman Ameris and her son, Rislan, poisoned! More information here
18/MAR Benden’s Weyrleader M’ris and his children have been poisoned! Resulting in sickness and death. More information here
18/MAROn 18.03.742 Bronzerider A’dris of Vyaniorth was found dead in his personal bathing pool. He appears to have drowned after drinking an excess of alcohol. Afterwards it was realized that Machiya of Gold Cameth from Telgar Weyr had disappeared. Having never arrived at her destination, it is suspected she had an accident between.
11/MAR Gold Racoth of Donmaline went between taking Bronze Beruth of T’rel with her shortly after she had been caught, due to T’rel strangling Donmaline. He did not survive. more info
25/FEB Congratulations and thank-you to Guest for taking on a moderator role! <3
14/FEB Stars Above PC Hatching Link
06/JAN :o new layout is a WiP. Please report bugs in Discord.
01/JAN Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Currently: Spring 04.745 al
Monthly Event
2024-February
Details: Link

Welcome to the Month of Lovetm! This month's Monthly Event is all about Romance, whether it is asking someone out on a date, or getting sweaty between the sheets! Anything and everything counts, if it even looks sideways like it could be related to Valentine Day -- including lover's spats, or breaking up, Flights Wins (or Flight Losses!). Honestly, this month has a huge opportunity for interpertation, so go wild!

2023-December

Ahh, the fresh snow, the crisp air, the naked trees... welcome to Winter! Or, just the Colder Months for those in the more Northern Weyrs, while Ista is just... not as hot. But it is time to enjoy the end of the Turn, so folks should get together, spend some time gossiping, and drinking Hot Chocolate (alcohol and marshmallows opional)... does Pern even have marshmallows????? (they do now!)

2023-November

Feel like bitching? Wanna take part in a brawl? Or bet on someone? Take part in Brawls and Bitching this month! Boo-yeah!

2023-October

Thistle flunked this month; You can still post until the end of November as a result <3
Experience, tell or hide from a Spooky Story!

2023-September

The flu is running rampant, colds are clogging noses, and someone might have lost a limb?

2023-August

Partake this month by going fishing... or anything that occurs while fishing, or dealing with fish!

Latest Posts

It's the Thought that Counts...

V'ler
of Blue Veeth

Date of Birth
21.08.707, 37
Height
5’10
Eyes
Green
Build
Average
Hair
Brown, shaggy

Threads

Written By: SunsetWay
...I wanted you for a long time, Val. But I was scared. I'm still scared.

Valerian felt the oddest sensation in his chest. It was like his heart had dropped into his stomach but he didn't feel it rise again. He assumed it did, with it still in one piece, and it continued to beat as well as it had been before Talian spoke since he was fairly confident he was still breathing and that soft moan that his ears caught was his own, brought on by Erisi's wandering hand. Talian had answered the question posed to him to give them permission to proceed but now Valerian wasn't sure he could. All he could think about was how he was taking advantage of his friend again, somehow using the man and abusing his trust. It was still honestly surprising there was any trust left after what he had done during that green flight.

No matter how worked up he was and no matter how much his friends were throwing themselves into the act, Valerian knew he couldn't do this. No, that wasn't true; he could do it but the guilt that was already forming would eat him alive and he'd never be able to look Talian in the face or be in a room with the man again. He wanted to run and escape the madness that had clearly consumed them all but he had a Healer in his lap and a Harper's hand traversing his skin so there wasn't anything to do but sit there and feel as trapped as he was. He should say something, but what did he say? How should he say it?

"Talian..." the name came out in a broken whisper that conveyed far too much sadness and not enough lust given everything happening around him. Erisi already knew he was wanted and while his ego might be bruised at what was about to happen, Valerian knew he would quickly get over it and there would be make-up sex later on to prove he was still desired. But Talian... his quiet and sensitive friend wouldn't understand, Valerian was certain. It wouldn't matter if he went through with the group sex or not; he was damned either way. Should he just go for it, enjoy himself, and likely never have that friendship again or stop now and hope what remained of the friendship survived this turmoil? Either way, the feelings they seemed to have developed for each other but didn't realise until too late would have to be forgotten.

"Stop, please, both of you. We can't do this. You're drunk, Talian, and I won't take advantage of you again." He really despised how he had to say 'again' and cursed that flight. Green Rilaleeyth was apaprently the sweetest dragon one would ever meet but she was bonded to J'ver and somehow it seemed fitting that it was his flight that Valerian lost control during and raped one of his friends. "I think I've liked you and wanted you for longer than when I finally realised I did but I ruined that and tarnished our friendship and this isn't right. Sober... truly consensual..." He had a way with words, whether he was shredding someone apart for their faults or writing beautiful songs but Valerian didn't have any words left now. He was afraid. He hadn't been afraid when he woke up on Candidate Isle, he was close to being sick and was a bit frightened when Hoth attacked Indivara at the Hatching, but the idea of raping his friend a second time and losing that friendship he had once smacked Talian upside the head about when he was close to throwing it away with his suicide attempt... that was something the blue weyrling feared far more than he ever thought he was capable of.

Vivid forest green eyes were wide with that fear as Valerian did nothing more but sit there. His hands had returned to the arm rest of the chair and made no move to throw off his friends or encourage them. He wondered if they would continue to press on anyway and in a way, Valerian felt it was fitting and would likely let it happen. He had hurt Talian enough that day and likely had again with his current words. The Healer had more than enough rights to lash out at him in return. And Erisi... the Harper was likely disgusted by all the pitiful emotions in his hut and Valerian would be shocked if he didn't end up getting his ass kicked out along with all the sappy feelings. But he couldn't help it. It wasn't like he wanted all of these emotions, he just didn't know how to deal with them after breezing through life without making much of a connection with anyone anywhere.

Katila Weyr had corrupted him and Valerian, Junior Journeyman Harper and rider of blue Veeth, had suddenly had a handful of people he cared about and didn't want to see hurt and especially didn't want to be the continuing cause of the pain.

PA - 100 PostsPA - 250 Posts!!PA - 50 Posts!PA - First Post!

Activity
Reading: 1 Guest(s)

Messages In This Thread
It's the Thought that Counts... - by T'lian - 19.Oct.12, 02:09 AM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 02.Nov.12, 07:18 PM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 12.Nov.12, 07:34 PM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by V'ler - 24.Nov.12, 10:40 PM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 26.Nov.12, 02:39 AM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 27.Nov.12, 08:30 PM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 19.Oct.12, 02:20 AM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 22.Oct.12, 01:05 AM
Re: It's the Thought that Counts...[S] - by E'si - 24.Oct.12, 09:37 PM